Why does Jow Forums hate Debian? Out of all the distros I tried(still haven't tried gentoo and probably won't...

Why does Jow Forums hate Debian? Out of all the distros I tried(still haven't tried gentoo and probably won't, looks great and the wiki is great but I see no point in my case to use it/taking hours and days to install things) seems to be the best to get shit done on both your desktop and server and doesn't break from one day to another like many other that are "non ancient".

Attached: deb5.png (300x300, 13K)

who would use debian with a GUI?

It's community has always had a psuedo-coc that has been only spared of the same stick as actual cocs because it's heavily focused on actually making a community to build an operating system instead of one to support trannies and non-coders.

Jow Forums hates Debian?

Attached: meow.jpg (350x326, 19K)

because 99% of Jow Forums are developers who needs the latest software and bleeding edge features as soon as they're available, god forbid they use kernel 4.19 when 5.x is out.
most of the retards here don't even know what new features or bug fixes are coming with their new versions, but they must have it because of reasons

>Why does Jow Forums hate Debian?

we do? i'm running arch but Debian is the distro for lesbian so debian is based

CentOS, Fedora, SUSE, Mageia exist

No one wants to live in .deb hell when rpm exists

>it had always been the ultra-conservative, ultra-stable distro
>then adopts systemd when it was still a half-baked clusterfuck

Yeah, fuck Debian.

>no one wants to live with a simple package with simple metadata and maximum compatibility
>instead we want to keep reinventing the wheel on how to distribute and even how to package our platform every release

Isn't Devuan what Debian was supposed to be but lacking in man power? Why don't more people join them?

Ok, you have a point.

The wiki isn't great. It's shit and full out out-dated information.

The release cycles are too long and arbitrary to take seriously, and the way they lock down testing/unstable for fucking months during the lead-up to release is unacceptable for desktop use.

Speaking of desktop use: as far as I can tell literally noone is in charge of creating a well integrated desktop experience, unlike end-user focused distros.

Its also a pain in the ass to package things for debian, and automating anything to integrate with apt involves rigging up your own nightmare build system and local repo compared to how easily you can override a package on Gentoo.

Also literally their entire website is a confusing ad-hoc jumble of random shit loosely strung together and all looking like its fresh out of the early 90s.

This, fucking this x100.

Devuan deserves more attention. It's turning into a very nice distro. It's still quite new, so it will take some time to get attention. It's up and coming though and its future looks good.

>because 99% of Jow Forums are developers

holy kek, stop reading there. you're either baiting or need to lurk more

Attached: new_linoxx.png (1200x796, 596K)

Kernel 5.x has better hardware support for AMD than 4.19. That is a major reason why people need it, faggot.

I'm sure he was being sarcastic user, given the rest of what he wrote.

Distros spontaneously breaking seems like a meme in my experience. I do not like Debian, because of the installation menu. I prefer a more simple approach as in chroot/tarballs (heard of Debootstrap, but never bothered with it) Fedora and CentOS have good GUI installation menus and Debian can take it as an advisory for designing its own menu. The Debian CoC/community guidelines is another unfortunate hit to its appeal.

Because it's "boring" for zoomers aka it works and will keep working till you decide to fuck it up if you want.
>m-muh youtube-dl
Yeah, the horror of having to download the source and make it work instead from the package manager, how can Debian ever recover?

Is it worth to upgrade from Stretch to Buster?

>Distros spontaneously breaking seems like a meme in my experience
I don't know man. Seems people running arch always get a broken system with a kernel update. I hope it's not just that and something dumb they did because if that's the case, I wouldn't want a distro that shits itself because of a simple update.

This generally happens because noobs don't know or remember to check the announcements/forums/mailings for warnings, and the command for update and upgrade are often combined in pacman.

There's several distros that started integrating a little message window into their graphical software manager so it shows those announcements automatically.
Rosa, Manjaro, if I remember correctly do this.

Now, I enjoy projects like Mint and Mageia because they make a point of doing a delayed mirror of rolling release sources so that it's impossible to have these kinds of mistakes.

Is it Nerfing? Absolutely, but then I also enjoy using programs more than managing their upgrades.

Legit, i am at the DebConf now and there is a fuckton of trannies

Pics please.

I wonder why you get so many at DebConf. I can't imagine that would be the same for all other distros.

Burger distro I'd say. I mean they have devs from everywhere but the roots are from burgerland.

Conventions are for attention whore faggots, how could you expect otherwise

the only thing really wrong with debian in my opinion is the packages being ridiculously out of date, but that can be fixed really easily by editing your repositories list. I rarely hear people bitch about debian and when they do it's usually something about the developers being trannies, which is a total non-issue

And it would still run buggy on Ryzen CPUs.

>people running arch always get a broken system with a kernel update
I've been running arch for years and this never happened. I have no idea where those rumors come from.

wat?
it works fine here. for years

Jow Forums doesnt hate it. Alot of anons here use it as their daily driver. It's rock solid stable and what I would use if openSUSE didnt exist.