Is this laptop any good...

Is this laptop any good? I always see it on sale yet i don't know anything about it since there aren't that many reviews on it

Attached: 20190721_150647.jpg (1080x1280, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/software.en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>gaming laptop

Attached: 1546639232983.gif (435x284, 2.07M)

Im not going to buy a whole pc set up just for a couple of games, i also need one for college

>i also need one for college

No you don't. Also you are using the wrong board for your thread. If you can't even read why bother going to college?

Whoa, does it have LEDs on the bottom too!
Way cool bro. Way cool.

Attached: 1563610952616.png (400x400, 11K)

Oh so what would be the right board for this?

pretty sure it can be turned off

If you're going to be carrying this around, do yourself a favor and get something light like a zenbook. As long as you're not looking to play modern 3d games, an integrated graphics card will play indieshit just fine.

Get a Thinkpad instead

i just want it to run cyberpunk really, dell laptops don't look this cringey but i don't think i can find a dell in a similar spec with the same price

>i also need one for college
Fucking retard. Spend $150 on a used ThinkPad and spend the rest of your budget on a desktop for games.

Then get a console. Gaming laptops are the worst of both worlds. Theyre usually heavy, easy to break, and have a terrible price to performance ratio.

dont buy a laptop , and ify ou have to, buy an old one and put a NVME in it, and buy a desktop

gaming laptop should be your last resort, you are almost always better off having a cheap laptop for non-gaming and a console/desktop for games.

I live in a shithole importing pc parts would cost much more
My friend has owned an acer predator for one year now and its pretty good in his experience, i just need to know about the one in the picture.
It is.

I remember having your mindset in college, and i ended up wasting far too much money on shitty gaming laptops before finally just building a desktop. Don't make my mistake.

Get a laptop for class and a desktop for games. If you say you can't do that you're lying and not worth the time.

99% of students don't even actually need a laptop for class either. Just take notes on a notebook. We all know the vast majority of people who bring a laptop to class just spend their time browsing faceberg or amazon anyway

Exactly. Also since OP is from a 3rd world country he's probably going to drop out after a month anyway. There's a reason it's a 3rd world country and it isn't because the residents are the brightest.

Yes, it's pretty good. I have the version from best buy that has a GTX 1660Ti + AMD Ryzen. I've been using it for a few weeks now and I've no complaints. It was a good deal for the price.

I made this mistake too.
And had to carry around a 17 lbs brick all 4 years. Never again

lol, i don't worry i have no other choice and would be stupid to do that since its free
The new ones are mostly around 5lbs

Thank you, just wanted to know about this laptops and these niggas are giving me life advice

Get a normal laptop with a decent CPU and thunderbolt 3 and connect an external GPU. You'll have a better experience for all of your use cases.

>external gpu

Will look into it thanks

I'm also in college and got a ROG Zephyrus S. The slim ROG laptops are very compact and discrete if you disable the LEDs during times where you don't want to draw attention. 15.6' isn't that large and fit perfectly fine into my small laptop bag. The fans on these things when idle are practically silent, but get loud as fuck when gaming (which you obviously won't be doing in classes anyway).

The drawback is the short battery life, but I've read that you can extend it by underclocking the processor or something. I personally need to look more into this too though.

It's terrible. Get a Lenovo Y540 instead.

We're giving you advice because you're a stupid brown person about to make a stupid decision with that monkey brain of yours.

Attached: 1563638563180.jpg (750x1330, 138K)

>ANUS
>good
Nah

no you're absolutely useless probably just like irl

Dell laptops all have terrible cooling. The Lenovo Y540 looks relatively discrete.

It's ironic that some subhuman from a poor shithole thinks he can call others useless.

>1000$ for an underclocked 1660ti and 9300h

Yikes hard pass! Build a desktop mate.
A mobile 1660 Ti will likely seizure trying to run Cyberpunk. May as well buy a shitty console

>Is this laptop any good?
No
>I always see it on sale
Usually an indicator something is terrible

Build a desktop

What are the symbols on the forearms supposed to be? And don't worry. One day they will leave again and everything will be like before.

Attached: HorribleSubs_Mahou_Tsukai_no_Yome_01_720p.mkv_snapshot_16.07_2018.03.25_14.22.30.jpg (773x719, 84K)

it's impossible to talk him out of it, every retard needs to fall for the gaming laptop meme themselves before they realize how retarded it is
every single summer there are thousands of gaming laptop posts and every single time they ignore all the people telling them what a waste of money it is
the best setup is a real desktop and a cheap ultralight laptop. but high school and early college age retards just aren't going to figure it out from advice, they need to waste their money first.

>laptop
>good
These are mutually exclusive. Laptops are a compromise, they're worse at literally everything except one thing, mobility. If you really need mobility, buy some cheap $250 laptop. It'll last a couple of years and does office/browsing just fine. For everything else, get a desktop.

>mobile 1660 Ti will likely seizure trying to run Cyberpunk
With a 9750H a laptop1660ti is only 10% slower than the desktop version. It's about the same if you undervolt the CPU and overclock the GPU on a properly cooled device.

Good dog, keep bumping

>laptop1660ti is only 10% slower than the desktop version
"no"

The problem is that he's obviously some literal monkey brained spic. A normal person would fall for the gaming laptop meme and learn from it.

But the guy in this thread? He's going to drop out of college once he finds out he's too stupid, realize he spent all his money on a shitty laptop that can't run games, and then he'll go infest a prosperous nation and shit out 10 monkey kids exactly like himself. The cycle repeating exponentially.

omg
hit too close to home
I didn't ask for these feels

Gotta admit I'm surprised they got it within 10% of the desktop part. I thought from reviews the mobile RTX cards were neutered pretty hard.
Enjoy 1080p medium settings on what will likely be the best looking game released that year.

Why are we focused so much on the man's race? It's a poor purchase decision sure but take that cancerous faggotry back to Jow Forums

I had that laptop and it was terrible. Ran games worse than a PS4. I ended up building a desktop instead after selling the laptop to some kid.

>starts thermal throttling in 20 seconds

According to who? Every source has it at around 10% faster than a desktop 1060. It's just as fast as, and if properly cooled, sometimes even faster than a laptop 2060.

Honestly, I would go for the tuf gaming fx705gm. You can sometimes find it for around that price, but with i7-8750h, 16GB RAM and a 3GB 1060. Or the Ryzen version for $1100 (pic related)

I have the Intel version and it runs literally everything I throw at it, and is my current desktop replacement.

Attached: Screenshot_20190721-101554_Edge.jpg (720x1480, 282K)

>Why are we focused so much on the man's race?
If I can determine your race by how retarded you sound and structure your sentences on an anonymous imageboard I'm going to call you out on it.

>Thank you, just wanted to know about this laptops and these niggas are giving me life advice
He talks like the guys who sit in the home depot parking lot.

My university recommended me the following requirements, I bought a gaming laptop with an i7 and a 1050ti for 850$. It really comes down to which degree you are going to do.

Attached: Screenshot_20190721-161608__01.jpg (1080x1440, 358K)

Shhhhhhh, let the cute couple be, this site is their whole life plus they keep the thread going

Don't buy a gaming laptop, build a desktop

>before thermal throttling

Attached: 1023984712983471029.png (1476x817, 218K)

Gaming laptops are not good investments. If you can't afford a desktop you should get a job instead of playing games.

>max q
I'm talking sbout the 80 watt laptop 1660ti.

Then you shouldn't be playing games

See

at my program anything that was intensive wouldn't remotely be runnable on a laptop, we had to use high end desktop workstations or the local hpc clusters
the recommendation was just have any computer since the hard work will need to be done via ssh anyways

OP, don't listen to everyone telling you this is the wrong board (it isn't, you're asking about the specs of a laptop not talking about gaming), or saying "you don't need that for college". Depending on what you're going to school for, you very well *may* need something like that. I know that when I went to uni and lived in a cramped ass single dorm that they CALLED a double and stuffed another student in, I didn't have room for a desktop but still needed a machine with decent specs and a good bit of gpu power because it's way easier to analyze protein strains with a gpu than a cpu.

Getting a gaming laptop saved my ass big time. Now, if you're not going to school far from home, or you'll be staying in off campus housing, getting the cheapest, lightest laptop and building a decent desktop for about the same money is going to be a better idea, but if you'll have limited space and want something convenient, go with the tuf gaming series like in my other comment. The whole point of that series is to give the same base specs as the rog shit, but more durable and at a better price point in most cases because they do away with all the rgb shit and extra thicc bezels. They sacrifice the gamer aesthetic that basically screams "please don't have sex with me, invite me to anything, or even be my friend" like other gaymurr laptops and chinkpads.

>hurr gaming laptops are for gaming only
Fuck off, they are simply more comfortable to use. Better performance, better thermals, better keyboard, bigger display, more IO, easier to upgrade, better speakers. Gaming laptops can even run CUDA applications.

Enjoy your plastic crap that heats itself to death after a year of use. You still see 8 year old ThinkPads being used, can't say the same for gaymer shit.

Yeah let me just whip out my dedicated GPU for this fucking word document. Who cares if it's loud, hot, and has no battery life?

You see old ThinkPads being used because the new ones are total cancer. Business laptops are disintegrating as a class and ultrabooks will forever belong in the garbage bin.
You're a decade out of touch. Dedicated GPU is completely off in regular use, iGPU is used instead.

Good luck getting a real OS to work with optimus.

It really comes down to the individual. I bought a gaming laptop because there wasn't space in my dorm room for a desktop. My roommate and I shared a single desk and he ended up selling his desktop first day of the semester because there wasn't even room on the desk for anything else after. We both bought gaming laptops because we needed to do a lot of modelling and analysis of viruses, proteins, etc and it was perfect. If you're living off-campus renting a place, or going to school close enough to go home every day, then gaming laptops are a massive waste of money vs desktop + really cheap laptop, or even just good ol fashioned pen and paper. But when you're crammed into a tiny dorm room like sardines, gaming laptops are great. I have one now, mostly because I only do light gaming and was able to sell my old one and pick this one up for only an extra $50 so it's a great desktop replacement but if I did any serious gaming I would have spent the money building a desktop without a doubt.

tl;dr it comes down to use case, as with most things. Gaming laptops can be useful.

Just run you "real" OS in a VM, it halves the battery life in half if installed on real hardware.

No one doing serious work would run your pajeet OS, wintoddler.

>Implying it doesn't work with most OSes through the proprietary driver

>obviously some literal monkey brained spic
at least this monkey brained spic can speak your language, how many languages have you mastered?

If by "serious work" you mean "being a code barista in a meme web-startup", sure.

>at least this monkey brained spic can speak your language
Barely, keep at it Pablo you'll be a real human one day.

As opposed to Wintoddlers who shitpost and play with toys?

>Implying
That's funny, the hospital I work in uses Windows on almost every machine. I guess literally saving lives and inventing new surgical procedures, developing medical technologies, and advancing humanity doesn't count as "serious work". So, how's that.. uh.. tiling WM config coming along there, buddy? That's some serious business yeah?

I'm not him, I speak 3 languages fluently, and understand about 3 more

so in answer to my question, just english? must be sad being so cerebrally limited

The people who write the software you use run GNU, retard.

Everything that's not amateur-tier is Windows only. There's a whole world outside of programming. Explore it.

Found the best solution for OP

Attached: tacocomputer.png (713x442, 93K)

>There's a whole world outside of programming.
As in retarded art students? lmao

Windows runs GNU. Not sure what's your point here.

Do you speak English?

>I'm not him
Good because I'm not addressing you nor do I care how many languages you speak. Want a fucking medal or something? Get bent

GNU software is not exclusive to your toy OS.

so hostile, my my

have a nice life, retard

What? What do you mean by "GNU software"?

btw im moving to America after college,do you think my English is good enough? Im thinking Atleast 5 children when i get there.

Not really. The majority of our software is developed in house, on Windows machines, using very little if any GNU tools. Try again.

The specs seem low for that price.

GCC, glibc, coreutils, etc.

>The majority of our software is developed in house
Doubt it.
What do you mean by "GNU tools"?
How is that "GNU software"? Learn what words mean.

>How is that "GNU software"?
gnu.org/software/software.en.html

So you mean any software that runs on GNU?

Considering one of the lead developers in my hospital is my best friend, and he actually complains about the occasions that he has to use his ganoo linux partition for anything, I think I know just a tiny bit more about how my hospital works. But hey, keep telling me I'm wrong about something you know absolutely nothing about. I'm enjoying it.

Can you read?

Yeah, sure. Sounds like crap. Stop LARPing.
Yes, so agree with me that you mean all software that can run on GNU.

>Yes
Doesn't seem like it. I don't see a point in arguing with someone who can't read the official site of the very thing he stands for.

it's shit. friend of mine got a 144Hz monitor, 2060, same CPU but smaller SSD for the same price during some sales

It's okay user, dipshit clearly doesn't understand what he's talking about. He seems to think that "GNU" applies only to the actual OS and that calling anything else, like the GNU core libs and utilities "GNU tools/GNU software" is incorrect. This is a clear case of the backfire effect where proving someone wrong actually causes them to double down on their original incorrect information than admit to being wrong.

Buy a non-gaming laptop and use the leftover money to buy a console and a few games. You'll actually make friends this way in college and not be a wasted autist who just locks himself in his dorm room to play vidya while everyone else socializes and builds friendships

According to gnu.org you are wrong.

>GNU is an operating system which is 100% free software. It was launched in 1983 by Richard Stallman (rms) and has been developed by many people working together for the sake of freedom of all software users to control their computing. Technically, GNU is generally like Unix. But unlike Unix, GNU gives its users freedom.

>The GNU system contains all of the official GNU software packages (which are listed below), and also includes non-GNU free software, notably TeX and the X Window System. Also, the GNU system is not a single static set of programs; users and distributors may select different packages according to their needs and desires. The result is still a variant of the GNU system.

Did you even read it? Fucking retard.

Read your second paragraph carefully.