Internet Discussion - Is this shithole the last bastion?

in the early internet, forums and IRC were buzzing with people and there was a place for every topic. you could just hop on to talk about anything you were interested in - cars, photography, golf, anime, computers, anything
now that the internet sucks, all forums and IRC channels are for is tech support, and 'discussion' takes place on twitter, reddit, or facebook. the only places that still feel like you can discuss any topic freely are fucking imageboards.
is it gone forever, lads?

Attached: MSN-Groups.png (850x764, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notabug.io/
lunaticoutpost.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Create a non-gay forum. Do not be a cuck or powertripping admin. Call back.

i've honestly thought about doing this as a hobby project
the only thing that sucks about starting something is gaining a userbase quickly before the place becomes a dead forum

there are plenty of non gay forums, nobody uses them
that shit all still exists it just doesnt have users or content

> IRC
still very much alive and topical, depending on your interest or where you go.
>'discussion' takes place on twitter, reddit, or facebook
it just doesn't. you can't have any real discussion on those platforms without being censored or manipulated.
> is it gone forever, lads?
no, you're just not trying very fucking hard at all.

Discord, riot etc... are nice too.

find me a single IRC network that has active discussion of anything other than anime and technology

dilate more

there's no such thing as actual discussions here, it's all shitposting, baiting, larping and namecalling.

snoonet #casualconversation. do you want more spoonfeeding?

> i am unable to internet due to retardation
> spoon feed me!
how severely disabled are you? find your own networks with interests that suit you, you lazy fucking spastic.

>snoonet #casualconversation.
incredible, 30 afk circlejerkers
>do you want more spoonfeeding?
yes

> lazy fucking spastic : confirmed
and not a single person here was even remotely surprised.

only one highly aggressive autistic samefag - part of the actual problem with trying to discuss anything on the internet these days

notabug.io/

it's a reddit clone with no swj bs

Why the fuck would you talk about anything other than anime/tech/science? Normal niggers like you should be banned from IRC.

>incredible, 30 afk circlejerkers
it took you less than 2 minutes to answer, meaning that you probably didn't even gave that channel a try. if you expect irc to be like your discord rooms full of zoomers spamming memes 24/7, you're doing it wrong.

>snoonet
gb2plebbit

>implying there is anything else of value to discuss

Attached: 1461177808277.jpg (305x196, 72K)

Give me something that isn't IRC

lunaticoutpost.com/

>find me a single IRC network that has active discussion of anything other than anime and technology
there are plenty of them
#8ch*n on rizon has 200 retards constantly talking about random shit

most of the private trackers I'm on have huge IRC channels where people can talk about whichever niche the tracker is for
the video game one I'm on has 1k users, music one has 700 users

Why would you want to find some huge IRC channel and talk to a bunch of plebs anyway?
I'm in a few small channels with no topic and they're super comfy.

I agree OP. I've been looking for comfy forums but am unable to find anything.

On which IRC channel can I say the N-word with impunity?

Fuck off, racist shit.

I'm trying to.
Now tell me.

dilate

>faggots in here suggesting IRC
irc is a dead medium populated by nostalgia, power tripping server and channel OPs, and packet kids who spend all of their time on it.

Jow Forums is unfortunately the last bastion of free speech on the internet. every other medium has political censorship.

Attached: 1552346594098.png (658x646, 1.06M)

dilate

People who say things like "oh, there's still places out there" always miss that they're totally on the periphery rather than the dominant position they used to have, and as such the people who populate these places are usually LARPing and are doing it self-consciously rather than naturally.

Nearly all other places got taken over by pajeets begging for mentors and posting factually incorrect medium articles that would get your server pwned in minutes if you actually followed them.

But Jow Forums, with its racism barrier keeps those away pretty well.