/spg/ - Smartphone General

All hail Xiaomi edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: 1366_2000.png (1238x636, 1.49M)

Anyone have a guide to installing custom roms onto their chinkphones like Xiaomi?

Check the XDA forum of your phone

>country
switzerland
>budget
w.e
>features
need to be able to run Jet brains IDE and compile code and accept an external mouse and keyboard

Attached: 1541947128482.png (464x450, 59K)

Any of you boys still use a Boomerberry 10 phone? How is it treating you? I'm tempted to buy a used Passport SE because I can get a good deal on one. I'd mostly just use it for sending messages, taking notes, and listened to music on the train.

ID on the white phones in it's pic?

What's the story with the XA2? I can get the Ultra variant for like 150 and it seems good and it has lineage? What's the catch with Sony phones other than their expensive launch prices

Mi A2 and Redmi S2 t. Xiaomi autist

Reposting in the new thread

Carrier: o2
Budget: 500€ (I prefer it to pay less, although i could pay more if a phone really convinces me)

I have been using my One Plus 3 for three years now, and recently the camera began to have a problem focusing, on top of that the phone sometimes kind of freezes/becomes unresponsive until i lock it again and the touchscreen at the bottom part of the phone has become unresponsive/picks up the wrong input.

I really liked the phone, and up until now it has worked flawlessly even though it has been used extensively by me.

I am aware of the existing magnet camera fix and will attempt to to try it out soon, although that wont fix any of my other problems.

Therefore i am looking for a new phone, perhaps something similar to it, i considered buying a new One Plus phone, but the fact that they raised their price that much kind of put me off.

What i look for in my new phone:

1. It has to be Dual-sim
2. Preferably a good bang for my buck
Other than that it has to have a good camera, be fast, and durable.

I looked at the Redmi k20 Pro and find it really interesting, although im kind of sceptic if it will work properly in germany and is readily avaible etc.

I also found some LG phones interesting, especially the v40 ThinQ and the new LG G8s
do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Attached: k20_pro_all_1_1_1.png (453x500, 338K)

K20 Pro if you want the best value, LTE doesn't work tho afaik
Mi 9T is a bit less powerful than the K20 Pro but otherwise the same phone, and does work with German LTE
both come with MIUI tho so keep that in mind, not as nice as the clean Android from your previous OnePlus

*ahem*
Fuck OLED dimness
Fuck OLED degradation
And most of all
FUCK OLED APOLOGISTS

Attached: 1535512267531.png (3000x3000, 945K)

Attached: 1534207221110.jpg (1080x1142, 94K)

>w.e
?

I still have my classic which was given to me as a work phone. I've upgraded since then but they don't require you to give the phones back so I've kept the classic on my work sim and my P20 Pro as my personal. For work BB10 is perfect. It does everything I need it to do, which is basically just be a communications hub when I'm not at my desk and browsing the web. You can listen to music on it just fine. At the time I got my classic my boss had a passport and from my limited use of it, it was a great phone for productivity. I probably would have swapped my classic for it if given the chance. The keyboard isn't as great as the classic, but if you want the bigger screen it's the best of the two.

Xiaomi a2 or Sony xa2? Or anything better without a notch and excessively round corners?

3a vs 3a XL?
I like the 3a's form factor, but the XL has that battery.

Just live with rounded corners. Get a OnePlus 7

Whatever

Is an XR for $500 a good price?

Does not exist, now stop trolling.

Why not get a OnePlus 7 instead retard? It's infinitely better.

sure it does in some form you douchebag even if that form is a tablet PC which is fine for this thread as a discussion. you jannie wannabe cunt

Thanks, how does the Mi 9T compare to the Mi9?

Attached: ffeb899a-3bfd-418c-8435-cc02a18c55ac.jpg (1000x1000, 100K)

But I don't wanna Android

LTE does work in Deutschland with K20 Pro, only thing missing is B20

Old phone is on the ground of a lake.

My budget 200-300€ (Germany),
headphone jack required, I want to save money on the internal storage and camera.

Been using s10e for 3 days and i couldn't imagine better phone

>couldn't imagine better phone
I can:
>not samshit

i own a 9 pureview. how bad did i do

HOW THE FUCK IS IT JULY 21ST AND WE STILL DON'T HAVE A FUCKING STREET DATE OR PREORDER OPTIONS FOR THE ZENFONE 6 IN THE US?!?!

THE C VARIANT THEY MADE IS ALREADY WITH GSM BANDS FOR THE USA. JUST FUCKING TELL US AND RELEASE IT YOU FUCKING BASTARDS!

Attached: 1_Rich_piana.jpg (225x225, 6K)

It's just a phone man.

Still can't find a wider phone than my Mi Mix 1. Just want something as wide making screens longer just fucks up the comparisons. I'd just buy another but the ear speaker idea they had was trash and feel like upgrading.

I need the width for reading and absolutely do not want to carry multiple devices so need the biggest I can possibly fit in my pocket while working with verizon's 4g bands and volte

I just want a new phone for cheap with good specs that isn't chinked. Zenfone 6 gives me that, I want it, my current phone can't get longer than 1 hour SOT, and the fact that the other variants have been out for almost 3 months pisses me off to no end

requesting purchase advise.

Need: androind, dual-sim, waterproof, very good camera, long battery life, bonus if 5G.

carrier-free and should work around the world (carrently in south africa but gonna be moving a lot)

budget not a primary concern.

pic related, shitty camera of the phone i wanna change

Attached: 20190616_111911.jpg (4608x2592, 3.11M)

Ok

Pocophone

>and accept an external mouse and keyboard
I think only a gaming phone has any chance of doing that. Maybe Asus ROG Phone 2 but don't quote me on that.

Read in landscape

Galaxy Note 10

Like 99% of Android phones support Bluetooth mice and keyboard, any Android phone with USB OTG support (which is most of them but not all) will also accept wired mice and keyboards.

>waterproof, very good camera, long battery life
Top of the line Samsungs and Pixels. Huawei P30 Pro.

I do already but it usually doesn't work for textbooks and making phones longer doesn't help regular novels at all.

Is hyperion launcher worth paying for?

Pony up for one of these bad boys that are at least 78mm wide

Attached: gsm.jpg (720x494, 186K)

Bump

Get a Nexus 6 just for the reading part.
Wide plus 1440, OnePlus screens in comparison are a joke (3,5,6,6T)
Bonus: speakers

Does the Redmi Note 7 work well on T-Mobile USA LTE?

i'm amazed anyone would recommend nexus 6 or 6P considering that phone has terrible battery problems due to the quick charger wrecking it.

i've bought 3 nexus 6 second hand over the past 2 or 3 years just trying them out (returned them all obviously) and they each had the exact same problem where the battery/phone would randomly die at like 10 to 20%. the battery would randomly report 0% and shut off. it was able to turn back on but it was a constant problem. there was even a class action lawsuit for the 6P because of this...

6P problems
The 6 had notorious usb port and yes the battery life wasn't the best (@purenexus)
Mine has 1900mah left, barely 1.5h sot

Only the Mate 20x is as wide but is a bit longer which isn't that useful. No way in hell am I paying the premium for a foldable to break after a few months of heavy use

I was looking at one but for a 16:9 6" I would rather the oppo r9s plus because it has buttons on the bottom

I used Samsung smart switch to transfer apps from my old phone to my new one however it seems that the apps can't be updated from Google play after this. Is there any way to fix this other than redownloading everything from Google play?

Can I have a quick rundown on the Redmi Note 7? Looking for something to replace my broken Moto G6 Plus and this keeps appearing. Where should I buy it from if I'm in the UK, AliExpress, Amazon, Mi Store? Is it as good as people say, price/performance? How is the support for it, if there's an issue do I ship it back to China, is there long term support for the play store?

I have almost the same question.
Looking for something to replace my Galaxy Note 2.
Considering either Redmi Note 7 or Mi A3, not sure.

Would it be smart to just flash LineageOS or Ressurection Remix right away if getting the Redmi Note 7?

No. You side loaded those apps through Samsung switch.

Yes it does. I mostly have lte and 4g if not that. Reception is decent for only having 3 bands. Never been an issue for my use. I don't really stream videos though.

Yes it works fine. I have mostly lte and 4g if not. I can even torrent on mobile. I don't stream videos though so it might not be the best for YouTube.

yes, go for it

Look on the old threads retards

Question to Samsung users. Do you actually use the Samsung apps or did you replace their apps and launcher with Google's (or any other) shit?

I never use a Samsung app
I wish I could delete the shitty bloatware off this phone but it's not the international version

My Nexus 5X died last week, and after a spot of denial, I have accepted that it has died the death of Bootloop of Death....
It shall be missed.

What phones these days are not total cancer?
>Country
UK, but I may move around Europe in the near future
>Carrier
Vodafone, I am content with their coverage. I have previously used Vodafone in Germany.
>Features
SIM Free/Unlocked
Headphone jack
4G/LTE
No Notch
NFC
USB-C
Fingerprint Scanner
Decent battery
No bloatware
>Budget
Around that of a mid-range phone circa 2016
>Size
At least a 5 inch screen, I'd be happier with larger

The simple brief is: what is most like the Nexus 5X these days?

How's the camera on the Pocophone?

Pixel 3a

Note 7
Hide the notch snowflake

I have a samsung s9

Some I disable, some I keep. Initially I was alright with them until I found how limited they were.

-First off, bixby is a shit assistant. Most of the things it suggests are dumb. Not in need of an assistant, so that's disabled. Bixby home is worthless and shows no relevant info either. The only thing I keep that's "bixby" is bixby routines, because it's actually pretty fucking good and you can disable everything related to bixby on adb without breaking the routines app.
-Samsung Internet was initially comfortable and fast, and it syncs tabs with firefox, but it turns out it tries very hard to push samsung pass and you can't use anything other than lastpass with it because it uses a weird system for autocompletion. That one I ditched. Also samsung pass disabled, of course.
-Samsung calendar and reminders only work between them. Reminders from google only work with google calendar, but at least I can manage them on PC. So I disabled the samsung ones.
-The launcher could be better. I'm not sure which launcher to grab, as Nova is slower. Lawnchair is fast but it has next to no fucking features and unfortunately, you can't disable the normal launcher running in the background anyways if you use gestures to replace the navigation bar (otherwise recent apps won't work).
-Mcaffee and secure wifi are obviously out of the fucking question. What the hell did Samsung smoke?

The rest works fine for me. Keyboard has a little space at the bottom and respects the theme (well, nearly every fucking samsung app respects it). What I notice though, google apps don't. Others do fine but I'm fucked out of luck, I have to set all google apps manually to dark or light themes. Also I found that the only way by which smart lock over location works well is by creating a bixby routine instead of the default google settings for it.

I've been thinking about the Pixel 3a - the other phone I liked was the Nokia 7 Plus, but it's no longer in production and hard to find new.
>Note 7 Hide the notch snowflake
Ewwwwww, a notch. Also, I don't want Mr Xi in my pocket.

I have no fucking idea how to use a s9

I only use the Samsung health app.

Are you excercising or something

>tfw using a Key2
I hope they keep improving on this kind of design. Using the keyboard as a trackpad is hard to live without once you are used to it, and using each key as a shortcut on the launcher is really convenient. It's going to suck if they give up on phone development after this and nobody ends up making a successor.

Yep

I like the stock laucher.

Mi A3 is too low res

Though I will say that there is one REALLY annoying flaw to the keyboard: the back/home/recents keys are not physical keys and are too easy to accidentally push when using keyboard gestures. If they were all physical keys and all had the capacitive features, it would be pretty much perfect.

Mi 9T and flash a ROM

Sounds like you should stop being poor then :^)

I'm looking for a new smart phone. Previous phones were Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S7. I'm looking for something under 200$ that will be superior to the S4 and at least comparable to the S7, better if possible.

One major thing I need: It must be a secure phone, so not something with some Chinese back door in it. My phone is used for 2FA for accessing bank and crypto holdings and I don't want some chink stealing my shit somehow.

Attached: 8qusWKn.png (591x1050, 1.04M)

Stop being poor lmao

You are a nigger.

If you do the 20-80 rule, how do you leave it charging overnight? Can you set it to stop charging when it reaches 80%?

You want to prolong your battery life by only utilizing 60% of your battery?

If security is a major factor, then try BlackBerry. They're still doing their weird flavour of Android, but their security is still very good... if slow OS updates aren't a concern to you. Oh, and small screen sizes don't bother you either.

Everyone's always saying that's how you preserve your battery's health.

its bullshit

Did I fall for another meme?

Did you just disable those apps or did you do some root fuckery to delete them?

if you saw it here, than yes

what the fuck is this monstrosity?

Attached: archos-oxygen-68xl-1.jpg (490x650, 51K)

literally an old iPhone (SE, 6S) if iOS has the necessary apps that you use

Yeah, so you preserve your battery health so it "lasts longer".
And to achieve that you only use your battery between 20-80%, thus having it last much shorter than it actually could.
Where is the sense?

"Lasts longer" in the sense that in a few years it'll still be able to hold a decent charge.

And what exactly us the point of a battery with a decent charge if you only use 60% of it.

Melted corner with bezels is the new hotness

60% would still be enough to last you all day, and four years later it still could be if you take good care of it.

>Country
UK

>Budget
~150 pounds. Would also consider pay monthly phone

>Features
Just the best price/performance. I use office apps and email on my phone, play Pokemon Go and watch Twitch, YouTube, Netflix.

I'm not really clued in when it comes to phones. I just compare them on GsmArena. I keep seeing the Redmi Note 7 being advertised as the best and that nothing comes close but the G7 power and Smart P 2019 are basically the same. Also the Nokia 6.1 is only 120 on Amazon but I've read reports of buggy software? The specs seemed fine though

>Also the Nokia 6.1 is only 120 on Amazon but I've read reports of buggy software? The specs seemed fine though
NuNokia is pretty good on the hardware aspects. Although their current slavemasters are Chinese, HMD Global, NuNokia is at least Finland based, so... maybe less of a Chinese backdoor...
NuNokia is rather infamous for buggy software though. Although they do the Android One thing, older phones like the 7 Plus were known for a lot of weird buggy interfaces and so on in the first number of months. They did get patched eventually, and many of those Nokias are great, solid phones. That all said... newer ones might still be buggy on launch, but I have no real clue.

Compared to the RN7 the G7 is lower res and worse SoC
SmartP is micro usb and smaller battery
Don't know if you can get it on a payment plan, but maybe the Pocophone

Cope, fuck batteries, I'll rape mine and it it acts around I'll get it replaced I'm not fucking poor
I change phones every three years anyway so it's not like you'll diminish your battery capacity by more than 10% in three years especially with lithium polymer batteries.

Have a Pixel 2 XL.

I am wondering if any of you have had this issue.

My phone will no longer fast charge. I have tried everything to see if it is a hardware issue with the wires but my OEM fast charger still works on other devices. However, it will not fast charge my phone anymore.

But if I plug my phone using USB A - C on my computer it will slow charge. If I plug my phone USB C - C on my power bank it will try to fast charge, and then go to a lower power state and charge normally.

Any idea what the fuck causes this? Started happening last night randomly.

Attached: AutisticScreeching.png (800x457, 393K)