/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 3200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in code) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - even higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - basic
>RX 5700XT - standard
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 blower is alright, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important
>SSD Guide (250GB+ SATA bare minimums): i.imgur.com/79MYtoE.png
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 1563576686683.jpg (800x600, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/BhbL6s
pcpartpicker.com/list/4Nt7kd
ebay.de/itm/Noctua-NH-U12S-B-Ware/233167087776?hash=item3649d768a0:g:JGgAAOSwPhdVN2yx#viTabs_0
pcpartpicker.com/list/4PRKyX
pcpartpicker.com/list/qT4Mq4
komplett.no/category/11209/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/minnebrikker?nlevel=10000§28003§11209&cnet-A00062-queryfacet=[17169869184 TO 17189869184]&cnet-A00486-queryfacet=[4000000000 TO 4000000000]&cnet-A00486-queryfacet=[3600000000 TO 3600000000]&cnet-A00486-queryfacet=[3200000000 TO 3200000000]&sort=Price:ASCENDING
hardwareinside.de/welche-paste-ist-die-beste-waermeleitpasten-test-2019-40359/#praxis
tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-comparison,5108-8.html
imgur.com/gallery/GZJnFY2
pcpartpicker.com/list/v3RVsZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pcpartpicker.com/list/BhbL6s

I haven't even added the AIB RX 5700 XT or a suitable Monitor yet...

Attached: 638a06fa42d87b6cc652b39de9570d1ea179a14caa77f8ddba44278ece097b1b.png (140x134, 5K)

If any of you fags have an undervolted saphire pulse vega 56, upload your wattman profile.
I'd suck your dick, but I'm not gay.

how do you even mount a mobo on legos.

>wattman
Nah

Attached: odnt.png (600x454, 23K)

Just got back from Micro Center. They have been picked clean from the AMD release.

Would this allow me to not worry about my graphics card over heating under stress?

Or could i cross my fingers and hope the after market cards would have top tier cooling?

pcpartpicker.com/list/4Nt7kd

How is that working compared to the stock?

Faster and a shitload quieter.

Scythe Mugen 5 is good, too. If you're in Austria or Germany you can also get the Noctua NH-U12S for (relatively) cheap on Noctua's Ebay shop
ebay.de/itm/Noctua-NH-U12S-B-Ware/233167087776?hash=item3649d768a0:g:JGgAAOSwPhdVN2yx#viTabs_0

I'm in France, unfortunately, thanks for the recommendations.

Why did you use that software instead of wattman?

wait for new coolers

I'm loving my 3600. Now only if I didn't jump the gun and get a 2060 in Feb.

Because it doesn't randomly forget your settings for fun like wattman does.

pretty sure amazon can ship to africa too

>upgrading to 3700X from 2500K
>repurposing intel machine as a household server
>got a noctua dh-15 for the new build and realize how ridiculously loud the stock fan on the 2500K has gotten
>decide to test the bundled wraith for noise by just plugging it in
>immediately assaulted by prancing fruity lights
>not as quiet as the noctua but still way better than the intel cooler
>but it's am4 only
>look at the extra intel mounting hardware in the noctua kit and the sturdy fins on the underside of the wraith
>they line up
>have self tapping screws in toolbox
>realization
So I've got a Z68 board with a gaudy RGB cooler on it now. How're all your builds going?

Is it normal for there to be such a negligible FPS difference between low and ultra presets?

Could it be because I pirated the Far Cry New Dawn to benchmark and so it's not the latest update or something?

Attached: chrome_SGY2UJU2Am.png (1124x1267, 760K)

I'm surprised it fits. That's a pretty good use for all those extraneous mounting accessories.

Im finally gonna try building my PC boys
pcpartpicker.com/list/4PRKyX
Any word of advice?

Here's the whole page

Honestly kinda worrying lmao

Attached: image.png (1086x2212, 2.01M)

If you have the budget for it, take an additional 1TB SSD, even if it's a low quality one. 500GB is going to run out quickly.

>ubishit
>runs like shit regardless of settings
Yup. Nothing unusual there.

I'm not familiar with that benchmark but those types of result might simply indicate one of your element is bottlenecking the rest.
Try tinkering with the setting to isolate whether it is CPU or GPU intensive tasks that struggle in those tasks.

Dont worry about that user, I already have a 1tb ssd, but since my mb exploded (im hoping it was just the mb and its capacitors) I'm just making sure that if it doesnt work ill return it with my warranty and I'll have a back up

>tomahawk with zen2
when will this meme stop?

It did have to go on at a slight angle to line up right but when you're tapping your own mounts that's a non-issue.

You don't need a 750w psu for that build.

In that case the build seems perfectly fine. The PSU might be a bit much but given EVGA's customer support, you'll never have problems with it.

This. Desu.

The cheapest quality (TLC) 1TB SSDs are in order of cost
SATA3: SU800, NS200, MX500, WD Blue (860 Evo too pricey.
NVMe: Enhanced Helix-L (Lower perf/single sided), Inland Premium, EX920, Pilot, MP510, SP A80

>3600 x2 12 cores $400, potentially quad channel
>3900X 12 cores $500, dual channel only
Dual socket when?

Should I just go with the R5 3600?
Also, how would you improve this build without increasing the total cost? I'm willing to go up 100$ in cost.
This is gonna be my first PC build ever :)

Attached: MyBigDickBuild.jpg (1448x860, 214K)

>$170 for a defective mobo
LOL

The weird thing is, neither my CPU or GPU get even close to 100% usage, both spike up to 85% for a second during the benchmark but then go back to 70-80%

Gonna put it down to a shitty benchmark

I get a score of 9050 in the 4K Unigine Superposition test, which seems in line with my build comparing to other results

works for me, reddit-brainlet.

>I'm willing to go up 100$ in cost.
SSD + better cooler (Noctua U14S)

I have 16GB of ram in my r5-3600 build Should I get 16 more before the coming price hike?

The fuck is with that motherboard price? You'd think they'd be trying to blow those out with the Max just around the corner.

also, do not buy Windows 10 top kek

It literally takes two seconds to download HWIDGEN and "crack" it, and you can do that once Windows is already installed

>buying windows

Ended up buying this today. Had the shop update the bios for me. Will undervolt the 56 and should be good. Upgrading from an fx 8350 and r9 280x, I'm expecting to at least half my power usage.

Attached: gaymin.png (1251x653, 59K)

If you don't want to pirate you can still get it for free under the accessibility program. If you have a disability, which you do, because you're autistic, then you qualify.

Step 1 when using PCPP is to disable Mail in Rebates on the left column when picking parts. Considering how many companies are shady with regards to honoring them, they're the wolf in sheep's clothing of discounts.
Also NEVER buy W10 from an official source, that's asking to be ripped off. Use Privacy for grey market keys.

Look at how simple that looks!

Attached: Time_to_Jack_off.jpg (274x540, 46K)

>WHEA issues with Ryzen + Nvidia STILL not fixed after 2 weeks
Bravo AMD. Bravo.

thanks guys. was hoping there was an alternative. just wasn't aware of this HWIDGEN. Cheers

Is there a better alternative for that price range??
thank you!

>pcpartpicker.com/list/qT4Mq4
Alternative list for $800. A cheap 2060 BTFOs 580.

0 performance issues.

>5700 XT
Typical AYYMD retardation of clocking their product way out of its perf/watt sweet spot in attempt to close the gap to superior competitor's product.
>RX 5700
Actually a pretty nice card. With solid perf/W and perf/€ (relatively, (((midrange))) is still 100€ too expensive)

50% success, gj AMD. I hope most driver problems are ironed out when custom Navi hits the shelves because with current pricing RX 5700 seems p compelling.

For $20 more though, a 5700 wipes the floor with the 2060 though.

When better price/perf boards are released instead of eg overpriced x570 garbage.

>paying extra for something I wont use
Fuck off

Its too late for that user, I bought it last december

Did you not read the part about people switching paste back and forth and other pastes performing better and kryonaut consistently performing worse?
Magical user error right?

Attached: kryonaut is good goy, just buy more of it, surely it was user error, try another 20 applications.jpg (2096x5376, 2.34M)

I have the same performance with kyronaut and noctua nt-h2, you retarded shill.

I feel like PC parts have by far the worst quality control out of any consumer electronics.
Every-time i build a PC there is at least 1 thing i have to return because it doesn't work.
So annoying.

Why are GPUs almost always benchmarked using ultra settings when high usually looks almost the same and runs significantly better?

Which memory kit am I supposed to buy for my 3700X?
Does SR/DR/QR matter? Do I need 3600MHz CL16 for maximum gayman? How do I even tell which die these are?
komplett.no/category/11209/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/minnebrikker?nlevel=10000§28003§11209&cnet-A00062-queryfacet=[17169869184 TO 17189869184]&cnet-A00486-queryfacet=[4000000000 TO 4000000000]&cnet-A00486-queryfacet=[3600000000 TO 3600000000]&cnet-A00486-queryfacet=[3200000000 TO 3200000000]&sort=Price:ASCENDING

Cause ultra puts the most stress on the GPU and is a better measure of the maximum potential for the GPU.

Uber virginity points

to see their limit

Ultra means everything is maxed out. "High" could really mean anything.

Ok so GTX 980 died a few months ago and I've yet to replace it. I'm looking at a 5700. I'm using an i7 6700K, 16GB of RAM and two 1080p monitors. I may eventually upgrade to 1440p so I was thinking getting the 5700XT to be safe.

Is this a decent line of thought?

I put together a build using a Vega56 but foolishly got a Strix cooler and it overheats at 100% usage into automatic shutdown in under 10 minutes.

I can't return it, whats the best software to undervolt it?

Also curious.

Attached: 1541885946794.png (500x438, 362K)

Why is this being shilled by some random people on plebbit and a russian when literally any credible source out there does not reproduce those results and vast majority of users has not witnessed such results?

hardwareinside.de/welche-paste-ist-die-beste-waermeleitpasten-test-2019-40359/#praxis
tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-comparison,5108-8.html

True, but you could always test with higher resolutions. A gtx 1080 tier card can do 4k60 if you dont turn everything to ultra. It would be a better representation of the performance of the card in real world scenarios. Even if i could run everything on ultra i'd prefer high with better performance.

why that choice of RAM over the ones I had??

Samsung B-die > Micron E-die > whatever else there is.
If you are on X570 + Ryzen 3000 anything that isn't dogshit will do, especially if it's just gaming.
Imo get whatever works and comes with a reasonable price from the vendor QVL or just buy Crucial Ballistix which is E-die.

Micron E-die always reaches its validated speed with enough OC headroom for several hundred more MHz.

Really now, care to elaborate, what hardware did you test, what program, what were the temps, fresh application of pastes and tests after a few days?

Anti-shilling is not shilling. Telling somebody to not get the overpriced shit that performs worse is not shilling you to buy literally every other option.

>tomshardware
>and a german site
wow amazing, who would guess that they would shill a german paste
Next you tell me that derbauer testing is solid as well, even though he literally sells that shit himself.

thank you

>nocuta NT-H1 is 0.3C hotter than liquid metal
>Nocuta NT-H2 is literally liquid metal tier paste
Uhuh, uhuh, THINK MACFLY, THINK! ARE YOU ACTUALLY FUCKING RETARDED ENOUGH TO TRUST SOMEBODY THAT SAYS 10 PASTES INCLUDING LIQUID METAL ARE LESS THAN A DEGREE APART?
Good source to prove kryonaut is not shit I guess. Very trust worthy.

That might be due to VRM overheating, if it really is, replace the stock thermal pad like shown here: imgur.com/gallery/GZJnFY2
It's a known issue, search the internet for more information.
You can also replace the stock fans with two 120mm fans, that should help quite a bit, too. You can either use the fan header on the card and use the Asus tool for fan control or you can use a VGA to PWM adapter and connect it like pic related.

Attached: unnamed.png (800x600, 416K)

aside meshify are there other reputable non-window mid tower with dust filter

9900K or 3900X for Android emulation?

is that case quite?

3900x by a large margin

qhat?

I'm always sceptical of results like these because the differences are so small. I highly doubt you can reproduce CPU temperatures to 0.1 K.

The author of that tomshardware article is also german.

Arctic is a German company, Noctua Austrian. Your point is that made in Germany is a meme?

Any reason why? I always thought Intel is better in emulation?

Lads I need your help. I'm currently gathering parts to build a new pc as mine is from 2013. Right now I've got an MSI 450 Carbon AC board and I'm planning on getting one of the 5700XT partner cards.

What size case can I get thats small for this stuff, currently I'm rocking a Cooler Master Haf X and its old and way to big I want something smaller that can also show off my RGB parts plz help. I don't want to spend more than 200$ on a new case

multi threading is better on 3900x

How about this instead

Nothing about Intel's architecture makes it intrinsically better for emulation, and emulating an OS scales very well with thread count.

Whoops. Here you are
pcpartpicker.com/list/v3RVsZ

>OP unironically shilling for reference, blower Navi cards that run at 85-90 degrees under load while frying your VRMs
that's why this board should never be fucking taken seriously. Literally takes one retarded bias nigger to shill for a product.

Attached: 1502709377455.png (456x600, 470K)

What's up with this LG 27GL850 monitor that's been getting shilled here? Is it the real deal?

(heiled)

This is me: Can you build me something more powerful than that, for the same if not lower price?

Is there really anything a Meshify C offers that a 50$ Case doesn't offer already? Is getting it purely for cable management a meme?

Yeah you are totally not shilling and shitting up this thread with your unfounded retardation for the past what.. days already?

>kryonaut is overpriced
Yeah no shit sherlock. So are Noctua coolers. Snakeoil price for snakeoil products.

>i don't accept tests that don't match mine
Then provide me with a comprehensive article instead screenshots about your claims including methodology or do you really want me to buy Kryonaut to disprove your shit?

Why?
How big should the margins be, according to your liking and why?
Laboratories around the world consistenly reproduce everything. Why do you think it's different with TIM?

Welcome to AMD shill general. Watch out for the multiquoting namefag especially.

>buying anything you can't afford that isn't a house or transportation

Fuck off, don't be mad because I have money

Noctua is expensive but fuck me is it quiet for the airflow you get out of their fans. Be quiet is also good.

Meshify C, Enthoo Pro M, Define Mini C, Meshify C Mini

If you had money why would you need to finance?

is hdr on a monitor worth it? want to get a 27" ips 2k monitor.