I have just discovered fvwm, and God it's fucking comfy

I have just discovered fvwm, and God it's fucking comfy.

It's easily the most lightweight window manager I have ever used. It runs smoothly in computers that cannot even start other WM. But it's also customizable as hell. You can make it look and work however you want it to. There are basically no limits to it. Fucking amazing.

Attached: xmgdhx23mw511.png (1366x768, 654K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/addy-dclxvi/almighty-dotfiles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just post your github already

and it will be dead when wayland becomes standard.

Yeah, fvwm is cool, almost as good as Haiku.

Not op but
github.com/addy-dclxvi/almighty-dotfiles

It's not mine, it's from this dude:

>someone promoting aprogram that isnt their own/on their payroll on Jow Forums
you're too pure for this place desu

Is this a floating WM? this might replace KDE for me.

> It runs smoothly in computers that cannot even start other WM
maybe even replace the one on my shitter pc

>Is this a floating WM?
yes

FVWM is not easy to configure though, might take you some time.

>FVWM is not easy to configure though, might take you some time.
ahh, too bad. i really want to try this and awesomeWM but i have no time currently

OpenBSD ships with it as the main WM.

Yeah, the man page has like 3000 lines.

Where do I go to learn how to configure fvwm

>It runs smoothly in computers that cannot even start other WM.

Most windows managers measure between a few hundred kilobytes to 5mb in memory usage. You're talking placebo effects, its Xorg and Wayland that determine whether or not the WM runs effectively, the window manager is just instruction sets for how the windows should be arranged, not the drawing of them.

Attached: doubt.jpg (618x348, 17K)

Other window managers make scrolling lag on my toasters, never mind moving windows. Fvwm does not, it runs on my machine without any issue.

>muh minimalism
>muh solid colors
>muh blur
crinfe

If that screenshot is truly of your desktop then its not "lagging" because you have a compositor active. We can tell because your fucking windows have shadows on them. That why the screen is not tearing when moving windows and scrolling. You're so fucking stupid that you don't know the difference between screen tearing and lag.

man pages shouldn't be used for full documentation, that's what info is for.

How does it compare to Openbox?

This

Nigger, stop being retarded for fuck's sake. First, that screenshot is not of my desktop. I have never used compositors, and probably never will.

There's a very noticeable performance difference between fvwm and other WMs, at least on my machine. And no, I know the difference between screen tearing and lag. Not everyone is a gorilla nigger.

The fact is:

>move the scroll wheel in other WMs: It takes a second to scroll and it lags vadly
>move the scroll wheel in FVWM: It scrolls instantly and smoothly.

god, i love openbox, i've recently switched to it after a full 365 days with i3 but the fucking config being in xml is retarded.

I already tried it. I'm too dumb.

>I have just discovered fvwm

Underageb&

>vadly
badly*