Nobody here uses FLAC, right?

Nobody here uses FLAC, right?
> muh archiving
You're not a fucking library.

Attached: Flac_logo_vector.svg.png (1920x953, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tv.naver.com/v/9083496
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>teeheehee I'm such a special person because I hate things

My whole music collection is in flac format and has been for the last 10 years.

I use flac on desktop and opus on mobile, fight me

I just want good audio quality. It's not my problem if you're an earlet who can't hear the difference. The difference is very obvious in my dt990s.

Tell me about those frequencies not even fucking bats can hear
What do they sound like?

>You're not a fucking library.
Get a look at this guy. I was going to encode all of my music from lossless to lossy. However, he just said "I'm not a fucking library" so I guess I'll just reencode from lossy to lossy every time a better format comes around and completely ruin my music collection. Looks like we all got told really fucking hard.

Storage is cheap, use lossless formats

I have a job, thus I could buy two 8tb hdd.

Thus I can download everything FLAC.

Why not?

>FLAC

FLAC is just placebo. I did my self a test. I got a MP3 and converted to FLAC. I couldn't tell the diference.

When the HECK is the new version coming out? It hasn't been updated for years even though it's probably ready to go right now.

based retard

You've had this shit explained to you too many times to not dismiss your stubborn ignorance as irreparable stupidity.

Why the fuck would that matter at all these days? A single 4k movie is like 60-80 GB. An album stored as flac takes jack shit in terms of disk space and the difference between an album in flac and mp3 or opus or other lossy format is irrelevant. WJSN's entire catalog takes less space than just ONE fancam recording of a live performance. I recommend you watch WJSN's Boogie Up instead of making idiotic "not library" arguments about storing music in the best possible quality. It's here: tv.naver.com/v/9083496

This whole "flac vs lossy" question was perhaps somewhat relevant when we had 80 GB HDDs and stored ripped MP3s on burned data CDs. These days, who gives a flying fuck? HDD space is cheap and it's not like I need my entire collection on my phone. The 64 GB MicroSD card in it holds a ton of music. Not everything I have, but more than enough to listen for weeks without encountering the same song twice.

Attached: D_1AXTXU8AEOmHU.jpg (960x960, 126K)

Only for my Ariana Grande collection, everything else is lossy shit.

This.

>every time a better format comes around
Joke's on you, flac is already the best format.

nope, I use the superior WavPack format

Attached: wavpacklogo.png (1351x873, 26K)

Not if you are a sperg lord like me who wants all his albums on his PMP. Even though I know I will never listen to more than a handful.

cringe

I produce music, of course I use flac you retard.
>you can't hear the difference
lmao
>you're not a library
no I'm a professional
l m a o
m
a
o

I know I shouldn't really play directly from my flacs while on desktop, would converting to 320 mp3 be enough?

Attached: 1513032393114.png (308x294, 153K)

cringe

>I know I shouldn't really play directly from my flacs while on desktop
What?
seethe harder earlet, you're so cool and hip with your edgecandy earbuds and Dilates by Dr. Cope

yeah to not wear them out

find Music -type f | sed -n 's/..*\.//p' | sort | uniq -c

>wear them out
What are you smoking?

It's a waste of space when I could just keep them on a external drive, i'm not exactly using a DAC and turbo expensive headphones.

cringe

>i'm not exactly using a DAC
You can hear the digital format directly? That's pretty cool, you should use FLAC then.

Attached: Capture.png (526x384, 46K)

[friendly_reminder]Poe's Law[/friendly_reminder]

Do you pronounce it "wav" or "wav"?

How large is your collection? Internal HDDs are cheap and there's no benefit to playing them off of an SSD. From my perspective you're just creating unnecessary duplicates. If you are going to compress use AAC, not Mpeg, way better quality-size ratios.

vav

>30k tracks
rookie numbers, son

Nowhere near as big as most I imagine. I convert them to mp3 so they'll fit on my phone's SD, if I remember right it's about 33% of this.

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-21 204334.png (303x58, 4K)

>mp3

It's a real talent to be able to be 100% in the right, and still seem like an unlikable wrong ass.

You're fine then, but you should consider using a different lossy format like Vorbis or AAC instead of MPEG. Half the file size, same quality.

Thanks. A big shout out to all my friends on this Mongolian basket weaving forum for bringing my talent to life.

Buy Stax poorfag

Attached: Based Stax.jpg (4000x3000, 899K)

I can't listen the difference.
And honestly people is going deaf with age and appreciation it's really subjective. So i do case i would have to trust in the people who says that the sound it's better, and it will reach a point where by mere delusion, placebo or whatever start believing it. It's complicated and interesting for very different reasons.

english please

My music collection is very small therefore I loose almost nothing using flac

It looks like your brain is also very small.

Go on user enlighten me as to why, bearing in mind I can her a difference between flac and MP3, like to compress my flacs myself for use on other devices so I can customise how compressed it is and the flacs take up very little of my storage space

Course not. I download FLAC, but convert it to OPUS and then delete it.

This

They wear out bro

I just run youtube-dl -x and keep whatever audio format that comes with it

After downloading a few "320k high quality" mp3 albums where every file was cut a bit above 15kHz I prefer downloading flac when possible.

>being this asshurt
you must be loosing your mind

but that's my dream :(

>high quality
>mp3
>lossy
I stopped downloading when I got mp3's disguised as lossless flacs confirmed by the bandcamp uploader.

>pretending to be retard

>get favourite album in flac
>mastered so shitty it cuts at 20khz
It hurts bros

best public tracker for music?

based

>Keep flacs on your computer
>use opus/320 mp3 for your other devices unless you have 11/10 headphones/headsets and audition
I don't get how people keep arguing about that shit
Wtf, do you have proof on that shit?

unless an album has a remastered version available flac is useless. the vast majority of quality loss occurs at the studio when they equalize everything like fuckwits to make it sound half-decent with cheap car speakers and earbuds. even then, studios fuck up remastered versions as often as they fuck up radio releases. using flac to listen to 99% of music is stupid, like using a clean needle to shoot up krokodil

I download all my favorite albums in FLAC, I notice only a bit of a difference. But I have the room so who cares

not telling you

It was for the Love, Claire (some obscure shit) on bandcamp. I opened it up in audacity and the lossless and my own lossy bootleg I got from a website were the exact same. I emailed the owner and he confirmed that because it's so rare that was the only thing they could find (including a former band member).

The download is free, if you pay it goes to a nice charity. There is no mention of it being mp3 only either.

based, case's closed

"wav"

>I am a snood