Wait for Zen 3

Attached: JustWait.jpg (645x1148, 249K)

From all the information we have now there are going to be incremental performance improvements at best, the focus lies on power efficiency. Also Zen 3 will likely be the last generation on DDR4 RAM, which means that it's likely also going to be the last generation before AMD introduce a new socket to avoid the almost non-existent cross-compability, and this means that it's going to be a terrible time for a new build because you're going to be left with no upgrades at a later point. Either build a computer now and weather the first years of DDR5 before making a new build, or hold out until DDR5 and become an early adopter.

Buy shitlake sirs yes?

Attached: 1563626044502.png (744x420, 106K)

What's the point of ddr5 for muh gayming?

>buy now
No.
That would be beta testing and seeing all the shit happening with that launch (can't POST, not hitting the advertised clock speed, crazy voltage swing, ...) you really shouldn't.
Waiting for DDR5 first gen would be beta testing too.
The only logical conclusion is to wait for Zen 3, it should be future proof enough to hold until at least 2ng gen DDR5 chips.

or just buy what you need right now and dont worry about it

you dont always need to latest stuff on the latest socket

most people buy a computer to last 5/6 years why should i give a fuck about socket compatibility when im not planning to upgrade for 3 generations of cpus?

bet there will be an am4+ that transitions between zen 3 on ddr4 and zen 3/4 on ddr5

I'll wait probably and hold on this 2700X for a while

But Zen 3 is the last series with AM4 support so dead end the logical solution is to wait for Zen 5 on 5nm+ xdDD

>dead end AM4
Assuming the same compatibility than Zen2, MBs will be even cheaper.
AM4 is already a dead end if you buy Zen 2 as you're not gonna switch to Zen 3 if you bought Zen 2 now.
Wait for Zen 2

uneven silicon quality then lack of per-CCX clocks in bios is holding it back
per-CCX in bios and program-specific SMT on/off without reboot would minimize the gayman gap
their first shot at 7nm was great with the higher binned models (800X, 900X then probably 950X) so they should do well with a single refinement

Absolutely not. Even if AMD keeps the pin layout there's going to be no compatibility. There wasn't between DDR3 and DDR4, and there wasn't with any previous RAM switch, and Intel introduce new sockets with a new RAM generation anyway because they already know there's going to be no compability. It's too complicated.

Too late

Attached: file.png (403x402, 22K)

Poorfags will benefit bigly when memory starved APUs get that bottleneck lessened.

I mean i'm pretty sure we had mbos with both ddr2 and ddr3 channels that were used depending on cpu compatubility...

AM4 Is already a dead end.
It's a buggy mess for Zen 2 chips.
Imagine how shit zen2 EUV will be on shit AMD boards.

imagine the smell

Attached: epollope.jpg (645x1148, 253K)

maybe they will stop cucking themselves with that housefire in 2020

>2700x
If you upgrade before 2024 you are a loser

This. I need a new PC after sitting on the same (now dying) potato for like 8 years. So I decided to buy now, and what I'm buying now will have to last another 5 years at least. At best I'll switch out the GPU in 2-3 years