Lol

theregister.co.uk/2019/07/19/slow_internet_georgia/

lol

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-21-22-59-17.png (1080x1920, 454K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sigcon.com/Pubs/edn/SoGoodBarbedWire.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Georgia
the south shouldn't be considered America.
it's the equivalent of a 3rd world shithole.

>insinuating america is the only country with slow internet

This
We should have let them leave, they're just a blight on us

>The Atlanta Journal-Constitution uses as one example a trucker who is unable to complete coursework for truck-driving training classes he is taking because his home internet service is simply too slow.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Cope

I don't need to you dumb nigger

Attached: 1551452759330.png (659x482, 30K)

Which part of America shouldn't be considered a 3rd world shithole?

Canada

Canada

[angry leaf noises]

>mfw the bay area has one of the highest wealth disparity gaps and homelessness rates in the country

Go back to plebbit, califag

I currnetly have base speed with my isp with is 100/20. Im having gigabit fiber installed sometime in the next 2 weeks, and it will be symmetrical. I dont disagree that the US is behind, but I havent had 6Mbps or less for several years now.

>san francisco, queer capital
am i supposed to disagree with you?

the white states

I live in GA and Windstream (DSL/Fiber ISP) doesn't even offer anything below 25Mbps anymore. Before a few years ago when they got sued by GA for being shit, I was on 12/1, the max offered speed though. After the broadband definition changes and that lawsuit they started quickly rolling out faster speeds. I've honestly never had a problem with them giving a speed lower than what I paid for. They were just lazy as fuck until they had their hand forced, now they've got gigabit fiber and VDSL2 instead of fucking ADSL2 like they had till 2015. Biggest remaining problem is if you ever have to call the customer service number, good fucking luck. You'll get Pajeeta on her 1998 logitech headset that's sitting across the room and she's acting like its your fault her mic is trash.

The only ISP around here, that I know of, that isn't offering actual broadband speeds is the city's ISP which is like 15/1 (cable) or some shit for $45. But you're paying for 15/1 not something higher. I don't disagree that overall it's probably pretty shit, but if the worst ISP in the US is rolling out fiber even in my rural af area then it's probably looking better now than it was even a year ago. Hopefully this scares them though and it speeds up the fiber rollout.

The US is massive, with many people living nowhere near good infrastructure.

Want fast internet? Move to a major tech area.

Attached: 2019-07-21 18_34_33.png (640x382, 25K)

>include states in your country
>a-actually they don't count, please don't look at them when you judge us
They're under your rule as much as EU members. Slightly more in fact. You even get to tax them on the federal level.

You need internet testers to know you're only getting 6mbps interests of 25? Do they block speedtest.net or something?

Everybody needs somebody to hate amiright

>yfw cali still has better internet speed
>In spite of all electrical infrastructure sitting on floating ground

Attached: mfw1.jpg (299x305, 41K)

Some ISPs in the past would skew speedtest results intentionally. No idea if they still do it, though I assume Comcast still has that download boost thing which just so happens to boost it's download for the same length a speedtest takes.

You don't need to live in a tech area. I live an hour and a half outside Atlanta, in an area where when I order Papa Johns the black delivery driver is actually scared to get out of the car because it's so far out in the woods. They offer gigabit fiber out here. Not to me yet, but in the very near future it should be available. I could probably pay for them to add my house myself considering it would only need like 50 feet.

>I could probably pay for them to add my house myself considering it would only need like 50 feet.
IDK man, at work we have a cell tower on-site, with 4 fiber drops, only 2 of them in use. So sitting on the pole, about 250 feet from my work, are two unused fiber drops set aside as back-ups.

When asking the ISP how much they would charge us to run another 250 feet of fiber from one of those two drops to our building, they wanted $7500 for installation including labor costs.

Obviously you haven't been to Alaska. The ISPs business packages are 5 Mbps

I have FTTC right now, and that curb is literally my front lawn. I know about ISP's price gouging the fuck out of fiber installs, but this is my yard. I'm almost curious if they'd let me buy the fiber myself and just run it to the pole.

I mean, we own the land, we own the pole the fiber is on, we even own the land the cell tower is on.

And they wouldn't let us do our own install, we asked.

>I currnetly have base speed with my isp with is 100/20
have you tested it? how many times? do you really get those speeds?

>it's my lawn

Nope, it's city easement most likely

Not him but I have gigabit fiber and have no problems getting near full speeds from major services like steam, origin, Blizzard, Nvidia, Microsoft, etc.

But obviously, most places just don't have enough bandwidth to fully saturate a gigabit connection for a single user. So many of my downloads only hit 300-500mbps from smaller things.

Attached: 2019-07-11 00_51_01.png (978x263, 143K)

Literally all of the fly overs are underdeveloped 3rd world shitholes. I dont even understand why those fucking hillbillies live there. Rednecks are a thing of the past, corporate farms are by far more efficient so we dont need tiny 10 acre family farms that sell locally to slke shithole, podunk town with a population of 300. yet federal taxes go towards subsidizing these subhumans. You fjcking CANNOT overcome geography they're inefficient to live in and a drain on our resources and it makes me sick that my taxes go to paying for their demented 19th century lifestyles.

>Be American
>Get swindled
>Can't do anything because the millionaires who rule the country successfully convinced idiots that laws against fraud are anti-freedumz

And the people with actual influence and money tend to live in areas that have fantastic internet.

I wasn't saying I own the pole. I was saying that they run fiber through my front yard, literally. I won't have to wait long either way since I know they're rolling it out already.

Alaska has a population density 100 TIMES lower than Georgia.

>corporate farms are by far more efficient
Go chung a bottle of roundup you Monsanto shitbag

Families living on corporate farms can't get usable internet out there either.

>gigabit fiber
nice. how much $$?

I pay $35 for 400/10 here in south america.

>400/10
How is the up so bad? Mirin the down though.

I have 50/50Mbps service and I don't think I've ever felt constrained, even thought the ISP is frequently pestering me with offers to switch to 100 Mbps or more.

>the south shouldn't be considered America.
>it's the equivalent of a 3rd world shithole.

>6.3Mbps
I think the former Soviet country of Georgia has better speeds than that.

>nice. how much $$?
$95/month, but it includes home phone and TV as well.

And I live just outside of Washington DC, so it's not exactly a cheap area.

I had 150/150mbps before upgrading to gigabit and the difference is pretty major, but I do a lot of downloading.

Attached: 2019-03-18 12.40.32.jpg (1425x1707, 278K)

Not him but my ISP, in GA, offers gigabit down/up for $60. They also have a 300/300 tier for $45 I think.

not fiber, DOCSIS3.0

it's pretty common for cable to have shit upload, I get approximately the same speeds in flyover burgerland. Part of that's due to some shit in the way DOCSIS is specified, if I remember correctly, and part of it is just that ISPs know that 99% of customers are consumers in the worst sense of the word who won't notice or care about anything other than download speed.

actually I wouldn't be surprised if they did it deliberately to discourage anyone who tries to run servers, torrent, etc. In a previous state I actually called a different cable company about issues like that, and they said I'd need a business account, which they refused to provide to residential addresses.

>which they refused to provide to residential addresses
That seems unlikely.

How many home businesses are they just telling to fuck off?

>DOCSIS3.0
guess you can hope they upgrade to DOCSIS 3.1 full duplex.

I get 300/20 in GA for $60 flat for 3 years with shitcast. The only problem with it is because their infra is terrible and the building I'm in is horrible every now and then a light storm will knock it out for a week.

Then I have to jump through 5 different agents with their shitty customer support to finally get an american or someone that caves and doesn't accuse my "modem" of being the issue and decides to send a tech out. Then the dumbass fucks around for an hour before finally escalating it to another tech that actually knows something and fixes it.

Fucking aggravating. My only choice is them too, unless I want ATT DSL for 1.5Mb/s, for $75/mo. Fucking retarded.

They're providing them with residential speeds.

But right now it's an infrastructure issue. The ISPs don't want to put the cable down because it would cost billions. The cities, towns, and counties don't have the money to expand it themselves because they refuse to raise taxes. And the federal government just throws it's hands up.

5g is the solution, but wireless don't want to take on the traffic crunch of providing businesses and residential areas.

And this is just the beginning of America's problems.

>5g is the solution

Kys you subhuman caveman.

They can afford it if they need it, those fuckers only pretend to be poor when it's convenient

most of it except the southeast desu.
Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, West Virginia, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Kentucky are all in pretty bad shape though. The retirement-coast of Florida is pretty nice, but the rest is not

GA is literally turning into CA-but-actually-it's-really-fucking-hot-here thanks to transplants. Those other states? Sure maybe, but GA isn't whatever you think it is. We need to bring back the confederate state flag so they fuck off.

>live in the hood
>still get gigabit internet
>Thank you based Michigan

Attached: 1482873736527.gif (375x255, 1.93M)

well, I'm leaving this place, so I guess I'll have to start using my neighbors internet again...

>I pay $35 for 400/10 here in south america.
I think I'm getting ripped off. even when compared to consumer america, my shit is expensive, and there aren't many alternatives. fuck this country.

g is the solution
only in the sense of maybe it'll get more of the normalfags off of the wireline infrastructure so that those of us who stay on it will see things improve

I mean, for the people who only have DSL on 50 year old copper, 5G will be a massive upgrade, even with the ping.

>earns 30% what an american earns and then is taxed more

Even with 50 year old copper, it's a lot more efficient than you'd think it is. It's probably more likely that it's just a distance problem in most cases. You can run gigabit speeds over CAT3, a phone line, just not at a extreme distance. Within your own home, CAT3 can for sure do gigabit.

I fail to see how not wanting to pollute the ground with bullshit makes one a caveman

I’ll just sit here in my 5000ft^2 house with my gigabit internet paying my $1400 mortgage out of my $12k/mo take home pay while you fucking cuckolds seethe and throw tantrums.

sigcon.com/Pubs/edn/SoGoodBarbedWire.htm
Here's an example.
>In 1998, Wide-Band Systems demonstrates Gigabit Ethernet running on four pairs of old, rusty barbed wire.

Attached: 1557672135257.jpg (208x345, 28K)

>5g is the solution
You still need lots of fiber for 5g cell sites. I don't see how companies that refuse to upgrade wired internet in rural areas are going to put 5g everywhere.

>sigcon.com/Pubs/edn/SoGoodBarbedWire.htm
As someone who is surrounded by barbed wire, this is kind of a joke. The wires touch the metal stakes in the ground, and have metal clips to hold the wire to the metal stakes. It would only work with non-metal stakes and clips.

Yeah but Alaska has things of value like Oil and Moose. All Georgia has are a ton of niggers and some farm land that hasn't been very fertile since the 19th century and can't really be farmed without mass slave labor anyway because it's not flat like the great plains and not on a river delta because all the big rivers in the state were dammed up long ago to make power for housing even more useless niggers who no longer pick crop.

The only land of any remote value in the whole state is the coast, which is environmentally rich and should be preserved for posterity and lived on by a handful of hunter gatherers. Everything else is garbage and should be nuked, especially Atlanta, which is just an airport with a fucking city attached at this point.
>t. Engineer who has to live in the goddamn airport city because I fly 200 days out of the year

>Want roads, electricity and telephone service? Move to a major tech area.
I wonder what would happen if you just went and hooked it up anyway?

I pay for 150/150 and you bet your ass I get it.

Attached: .png (395x108, 10K)

5G can be point to point

99% of the country is shit. I have no idea what you're talking about. The good parts are small areas around major cities and university towns. Literally everything else is nightmarish and decrepit. I travel hundreds of days out of the year to do BASIC INFRASTRUCTURE engineering and you would not believe the fucking clusterfucks I run into all over the place. Doesn't matter if it's Maine, Cali, New York, Alabama, Montana, Nebraska, whatever, there is ZERO investment taking place outside of the urban cores and university centers. ZERO. Because absolutely nothing of value is going on there aside from a few corridors where you have the mega-farms run by Koch, Monsanto, Smithfield, Purdue, etc.

Yuros are the ones with 3rd world internet.

Even counting all the flyover states, and places like Alaska, America STILL has a faster average than pretty much every yuro nation.

Attached: fsadfadssdf.png (405x1263, 41K)

Not without a huge bandwidth penalty

enjoy your tiny data caps

>Yuros are the ones with 3rd world internet
but more than half of the countries on that list are european

>bumfuck ruralville has slow internet
In other news this guy a block from his ISP exchange always gets 1200Mbit for his 1000 and this other guy who works 300 feet from a tower always gets 120Mbit from his 4G
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'd bet a grand, right here and now, that Georgia has better internet than the hick shithole that stole its name in america.

I think you misunderstood the presentation. They're not saying they'll run ethernet through your existing barbed wire fence. They're saying it's so efficient that it CAN run through a barbed wire fence, your 50 year old copper is nothing.

Cascadia.

Sure buddy, and we don't need cities full of people that do nothing but move arbitrary numbers around.

I used to live in rural Georgia, all we had access to was Hughes net. We're talking 0.4 mbps in sunny weather, a latency too high for anything meaningful, and no upload. They would slow the internet to a further crawl (can't resolve domains other than theirs) 5 days before the bill was due, it would magically correct itself once you paid up. All this for their highest package, of course.

why murican shithole still use retard unit?

>I used to live in rural Georgia, all we had access to was Hughes net. We're talking 0.4 mbps in sunny weather, a latency too high for anything meaningful, and no upload. They would slow the internet to a further crawl (can't resolve domains other than theirs) 5 days before the bill was due, it would magically correct itself once you paid up. All this for their highest package, of course.

enjoy capitalism.

[citation needed]

Why Brazilian shitposter can't into grammar and capitalization?

Damn, this is infuriating but not surprising. This would explain why here in north Georgia I pay Comcast for 60Mbps but I routinely only get around 5 to 15. Sometimes it dips as low as 3Mbps. Only two choices are them or AT&T and they're no better.

>ATT
$75 for 25/5
There website offered 50/10 for $60
>Co(cks)x
$70 for 300/30, $100 for Gbps
Can't torrent but >torrenting w/o VPN

C c c cooooopee

Rural shitholes produce a disproportionate amount of waste that isn't efficiently disposed of because those services barely exist out there. Not to mention all the infrastructure being built out for tiny pockets of people in the mddle of nowhere, it's just a waste of resources that generates disproportionate amounts of pollution to serve a handful of people.

>Idaho
>only Sparklight and CenturyLink exist
>slow ass speed both

Fucking kill me.

You northern or southern Idaho?
Twin falls area here. Got an 8000ft dsl loop and no cable. God help me.

Attached: 41849DF5D3EE4E8F8C36A6355BACDA50.gif (450x338, 676K)

Idaho is based

Attached: 1563327109137.png (851x559, 120K)

Yeah, because coastal city shitholes don't just run their waste out to the bay, oh wait...

Attached: image.jpg (400x400, 36K)

>8000ft
Not him but they put you on bonded at least?

Attached: 1543037800395.jpg (1871x1485, 197K)

Attached: a_shit_pie.jpg (275x183, 11K)

I'm paying for twenty right now and get about 13 to 15 on average on speedtests. They've offered to do bonded but the tech didn't think I would get better than 20 but would have a proper 10 a line which is all they say this run is rated for. Versus right now where it's running 5 over what they claim the copper can do.
Even better when I first moved in here they had to redo almost all the copper back to the fiber as it was so degraded.

>give companies tons of money to upgrade internet infrastructure
>they do nothing but keep the money
>government does nothing about this
>companies continue to exploit whatever they can for more profit

All according to keikaku.
Net neutrality v2.
Note: keikaku means plan.

kys
Literally this. Fucking jews get rural subsidies from the govt but only for copper not cable or fiber which is why (((they))) don't upgrade shit in rural areas.

Attached: soon.png (409x444, 464K)

No. You had your fucking chance.

I live in Sonoma, CA
One of the wealthiest places on Earth.
I get 8 Mbps because the only other option would be to use Xfinity, which wouldn't be much better, but would cost more.
There is a company out of Santa Rosa, sonic.net that is very competent and eager to run its own fiber optics, but Comcast shuts it down by making use of our corrupt local politics.
AT&T runs their infrastructure while they're unable to lay their own cable and throttles my speeds below that is advertised.
One of my present goals is to get Sonic out of its (il)legal bind. I really hate having internet slower than I did in high school.
Comcast recognizes the threat of allowing honest companies the chance to grow and stamps out any communal attempt to fix their fuckery by means of independently operated ISP.

>One of my present goals is to get Sonic out of its (il)legal bind.
What will you do?

Attached: 1563764176347.jpg (741x741, 59K)