My mother is constantly complaining about how her electronics keep breaking...

My mother is constantly complaining about how her electronics keep breaking. She somehow hasn't realised that all of her electronics breaking is probably not a coincidence.
How do I make her realise that she is the problem, not the computer?

Attached: kidcomputer_paul-mayne.jpg (1024x765, 306K)

Install gentoo

>Reasoning with Boomers
Good luck

suggest she does something to stop her breaking her stuff? if it works and the stuff stops breaking maybe she'll see?

or just boomer-proof it with some antivirus and stuff

wdym by "electronics", i guess pc?

You can't. Family never listens. Move out as soon as possible.

PC, phone, embroidery machine, smart tv, and pretty much anything else with a chip in it.

how do you break a smart TV, asside from physically smashing it?

Put Openbsd or genode on her computer.

This
Modern TVs I wouldn't say are the most robust things in the world electrically but in terms of being idiot proof you can't beat a smart TV

She hasn't actually broken it, she's "broken" it (i.e. all the settings are fucked up and it annoys her). I wouldn't put it past her though.

If you're too incompetent to optimize it for her, then you don't belong here

You underestimate the power of a Boomer. They can install every virus, Trojan, worm just clicking the browser icon.

So maybe use a less shitty OS to prevent that.

I'm purposefully reckless with my computer. Break that shit all the time.

I don't keep any important data on there, and I always end up learning something along the way. Plus I have gigabit so it doesn't take long to just wipe fresh if I need to.

Its a nice feeling not having to worry about the safety of your electronics. Software failures are never permanent.

Have some fun anons. Leave your phone caseless. It's much nicer. I've only ever broken the screen once.

Hey mom I'm sure you will be able to use my obscure riced linux distro with anime tit backgrounds on it right?

Loonix shit can be customized to boomer friendly levels. Or there is MacOS if you're too lazy for that.

Isn't there a "kids mode" for those things?

>Loonix shit can be customized
Yes, which means they'll figure out how to do customizations themselves, like delete the home folder pretty quickly, congratulations.

I see you have never interacted with another person and their computer before.

Some people just have shitty luck with tech you zoom zoom

/thread

Might as well call it "dumb retard mode." I would never hear the end of it once she found out, which would happen the instant my dad tries to watch something that isn't kid-friendly.

threaten to put her in a nursing home if she breaks one more thing

>riced
Budgie fucking looks close enough to Windows 7 or 10, yet there really isn't anything to fuck up from GUI alone and XFCE & MATE look close enough to Windows XP/98.

You cannot install Super Extra Turbo Boost AntiVirus Youtube Super Download Mp4 Cleaner SmileysToolbarPlugin 2009 Premium Trial on Debian, Ubungo, CentOS, Fedora or Solus.

my mother is 40+ and she uses Ubuntu Budgie. took me literally less than 10 minutes to make her figure it out. Just try Budgie.

Not just a boomer, but a female...

So...

Tell her.

Alright mr. salesman.

Why are you so afraid?

KDE with a windows 10 look and feel. Done.

>I've only ever broken the screen once.
I broke my screen 3 times, and didn't even changed it. As i phonepost right now i'm carefully touching it so shards don't slice my finger

Why don't you get it repaired my dude?

Don't you have an older phone you can use in the mean time?

Just tell her not to go into anything marked settings

easier yet paint the:
Volume buttons
Channel buttons
Guide
Pause + Play
Navigation buttons

Bright pink and tell her the rest of them don't do anything, Make some bullshit up about how they're meant for a different TV.

man I'm glad my parents aren't retards

Fucking this.

There is no better feel than having your parent understand what you mean after you explain it well once.

My dad is like a fucking zoomer, playing pokemon go or war thunder every waking minute when he's not at work. I'd much rather he be technologically incompetent than whatever this shit is.

No you stupid nigger, not blocking channels, blocking setup menu access.

No wonder she's all fucked up if you're the go-to.

Is this some kind of metaphor for the Jews?

based

>My mother is constantly complaining
beat her up some. put her in her place

He already lost

Attached: based-0876.jpg (500x500, 263K)

Just put a screen protector and it doesn't even matter the glass is destroyed.

Beat the fuck out of her with a Model M keyboard.

Boomers dont WANT to understand the problem, user
it's like my dad, he always turns on his fucking GPS and bluetooth on his phone and then gets angry at the phone/brand for draining the battery

My grandfather was one of the first people in his estate that had internet, being online since it was first introduced in Ireland, he could do anything he wanted with computers he even programmed a Sinclair zx81 to display lottery numbers, the only thing that catches older people is that the UIs are constantly changing, if you expect a setting to be in a specific place and it's not there it's hard to find
Actually hate how people are impatient with the people that spent 18 years raising them

Put tasker on his phone and set it to activate the settings when he would most likely use them, help instead of being a hindrance

God damn this reminds me back when I was 19 or 20. I was the only one in the family that had a computer. I was nice enough to let other family members use it to get on the internet. Laid down the rules and what not. Few days later my computer was full of shit. Toolbars, random ass shit programs, etc. Uninstall all that shit and told them to not install anything. Brothers girlfriend and my aunt was on my computer doing those surveys/program installs for free shit (gas cards, gift cards, tech, etc). Told them not to do that shit because they are installing shit on my computer. Brothers girlfriend said they are not installing anything. I open the download window and listed shit they downloaded, also so them programs that just got installed that wasn't there before. Told them to get off but they refused. So I pressed the power button and told them to get off. I got on, uninstalled all the shit again and changed my login password.

This. Family never listens, they want help, but will never help back.

>That thing you put on my phone broke facebook i had to send it to a repair shop to fix it user, you owe me.
NEVER DO THINGS FOR A BOOMER!!! They don't get new tech, they do not want to get new tech or learn how to use it. They will just get jewed by a repair shop for a simple uninstall and you will never hear the end of it about how you "broke their phone". I say again never do things for a boomer, you just end up with more problems than you started with.

>Actually hate how people are impatient with the people that spent 18 years raising them
Because they are so stubborn and set in their ways they think they know best and cannot deal with changing times. I fucking hope once i hit 50+ i don't go down the same path. But i bet we will never have the problem as worse as boomers have. As even 5 year old's know how to use Android OS now.