Is it a sign of getting old when you lose interest in ricing your PC?

Attached: 1476860314887.png (343x143, 35K)

you're just growing up. don't worry, user

people that use the word ricing to describe building computers need to be taken out into a field, made to dig their own grave, and shot in the back of the head.

It's apathy realizing the futility of it all

I meant non stop tinkering with your PC even though it is running perfectly fine, user.

Yes. Soon you will be playing on console only.

also not only tinkering, I mean shit like adding watercooling and flashy cases

No, it means you're satisfied with what you have.
You've escaped the consumerism game.

Cody is based as fuck

depends on how you define ricing. I haven't lost interest in tinkering with how my computers work. I have lost interest in tinkering with how they look.

It's a sign of growing up and just general improvement of your character

my motherboard has some rgb along the side, i thought that was pretty cool, especially since it's only visible through the vents

Is there a difference between ricing and customizing? Because I mean I customize my workspace to make it more convenient and look good.

grow up

It’s just means your autism is fading. Drink more bleach until you’re NT

>autism is fading
literally impossible

When you're losing interest in general and no longer enjoy things as much as you used to then congrats your depressed

I don't think it means you're depressed, it could mean that your previous area of interest has stagnated and saturated and is no longer what it once was.

Fortunately there are a lot of updates, new distros and new things in general happening in the Linux world so it doesn't look to get boring any time soon. The biggest point of import is quality. Quality has to be upheld and maintained. If it's not, it will get less interesting.

No, my grandfather was an inventor and he tinkered with shit his whole life. I think the difference is that he tinkered for the purpose of finding something unique or novel, whereas Jow Forums tinkers to show of their useless bit of Linux knowledge

For the word 'tinker' is so annoying. Or maybe it's because I find what it represents annoying like you, user.

I'm not much of a tinkerer. I upgrade when I feel it's time to upgrade and I change my wallpaper when I get bored of it. That's about it. I think the thing I find irritating about 'tinkering' is the unnecessary nature of it.

yes
because you realise time is precious and ricing is a big waste of time.(usually)

Imagine getting angry over a word

Attached: 1478967867765.jpg (325x264, 19K)

Get a job user

Attached: 1508804039196.png (259x335, 89K)

It's the first step towards the realization that the computer and all software are just tools not unlike a stapler or a hammer.

There is no meaning to any of it. Being a computer/software expert is no different from a clockmaker.

Having said that, I've found that ricing is negatively correlated with tech skills. I have never met a person with real tech skills whose computer/DE is all riced up.

>Is it a sign of getting old when you lose interest in ricing your PC?
Yes. We will all eventually turn 15.

Im starting to dislike cases in general. I just want to sandwich the components between two pieces of acrylic with spacers

once you view the computer like a tool it becomes very liberating. You start to grow up and value things like warranty (and ease of dealing with the company) and QoL issues such as excessive noise, rather than pure performance - as long as it still performs as the tool you want it to.

Shit brown fans: because they are quiet and efficient and my PC doesn't have a window because my PC isn't a lifestyle decision.

Quiet, highly rated PSU from a very reputable company: Why? Because the 10 year warranty and ease of dealing with the company.

Gaymers have shifted the remaining desktop market into some hamfisted lifestyle decision.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Gaymers have particularly ruined top-of-the-range laptops.

yes,

making your hammer look pretty does not provide any productivity benefits apart from placebo

>more convenient
Yeah that's diff--
>and look good

No, it's just ricing.