Any Jow Forumsentoomen use one of these? can you share your thoughts and experience...

any Jow Forumsentoomen use one of these? can you share your thoughts and experience? I'm deciding between this running linux or a macbook pro 13

Attached: kbl-xps-13.jpg (2470x2566, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2018-WQHD-HDR-i7-Laptop-Review.284682.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well, the XPS can run a real OS.
The PajeetBook can't.

Attached: 1544862103094.png (1378x1591, 711K)

Not as good as the X1 Carbon

just get a thinkpad bruv

I don't really care for the ethical arguments, I just want the better tool. MacOS is unix based and just werks with everything I need as well as Linux does. as it stands I much prefer the macbook display for the aspect ratio but prefer the xps for the keyboard and traditional function keys.
currently dogshit in Australia with 300nit trash tier panel options for $400 more than the above two

why is australia so shit with tech
when i moved here i thought I'd be swimming in onepluses and thinkpads
instead of chinkpads and chinkphones all i get are the fucking chinks themselves

Attached: Barbara_Krafft_Franz_de_Paula_hrab_Hartig_a_jeho_manelka_Eleonora_jako_Caritas_Romana_1797.jpg (691x800, 78K)

>pajeetOS

Attached: 1541718831039.png (709x869, 522K)

we generally have top tier lifestyles so it had to be balanced out with various kinds of suffering

Don't you get used Thinkpads from mining companies? I know BHP uses T'pads a lot, at least here in Chile, my X230 was an ex-BHP unit.

i want something new with a warranty (our consumer laws actually make them worthwhile). besides that no, this is a window into our used market

Attached: IMG_20190712_124714.png (1062x1275, 500K)

macOS is better than any Linux distro in the history of literally ever

>have
>still using the present form

Attached: 1534576763207.png (333x293, 14K)

>paying $40+ for a bottle of vodka
>decent
Why do we pay a sin tax?

One poo has been deposited to your street. Keep up the good work, intern Rajesh.

>wanting a laptop that's full of iron ore dust

You'll get used to the keyboard if you're not a boomer, the memebar and ports (if you need old stuff) are the only legit downside; but in turn you'll get better aspect ratio, much better performance and trackpad, and probably 1-2 hours battery life more with MBP. And an OS that just werks.

I own a ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Gen.
See if the temperature on the XPS is fine under heavy load.
My laptop runs great on Linux, but on Windows, it's a God damned nightmare, I can fry eggs on it.

Also, ThinkPads have HDR screens, as good as a FagBook, and maybe better compared to some older models.

Because idiots abusing alcohol are a massive fucking cost for anyone else. Similar with cigarettes to a lesser degree.

It'll make more sense to make the company pay the tax but this ain't happening in our cucked world.

Battery died after a year on my XPS 15. Doesn't seem built to last.

The top dollar for the top laptop I do say so.

>notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2018-WQHD-HDR-i7-Laptop-Review.284682.0.html
Not quite. It's a damn good screen and actually has a smart resolution instead going 4k meme but overall even 2017 MBP is a bit better.

not available yet in aus (gen 7) and the other models all disappeared this week

It supposed to be like that. The only reason why Thinkpad are so dirt cheap in clapistani realm is because government institution of all kind bought tons of them every 4 to 6 years. Without government surplus like that you'd see the market adjusted accordingly

>a used T440 costs about USD200 in my shitty third world country

If we followed this reasoning we should tax old people more, people who don't exercise more, fat people more, etc.
The only reason there's a sin tax is because the government needs the tax money, while they're off giving tax cuts to multi million/billion dollars companies or outright not collecting tax at all.

t. Bill Ghate

Attached: 1540284668759.jpg (336x150, 8K)

I don't understand this tax cut meme. These companies inherently pay their taxes; import duty, commercial utility rates, building rates, municipality rates, income taxes for each and every employee, et cetera

I have the 2017 XPS 13, still works great after two years

This is equally as retarded as claiming we should not pay GST because we pay an income tax.
Companies do not pay individual income tax, the employees do.

Getting old is not a choice (sans skipping on suicide) and unhealthy foods should be indeed taxed, it’s just the damage for the society is on a whole other level with alcohol abuse far beyond an unhealthy personal lifestyle.

And sure tax cuts for companies are shitty but why would it matter in this context? It’s not one or the other, sin tax makes perfect sense.

t. smoker and somewhat regular drinker

>macbook pro 13

Attached: 1556241826089.gif (500x491, 376K)

fagbook breaks easily too

Taxing unhealthy foods would not do anything but raise prices on unhealthy foods. You'd tax obese people directly, political correctness be damned. An unhealthy food tax is essentially a tax on the poor.
>It’s not one or the other, sin tax makes perfect sense.
A tax deficiency (caused by the removal of the sin tax) would be filled by an inflow of tax from something else, of course in reality that wouldn't be the case as it would just be squandered as additional tax revenue but in a perfect world it would be.

Why are ThinkPads so fucking ugly? Don't they realise half the reason people buy Apple products is the top tier design?

>would not do anything but raise prices on unhealthy foods.
So earn money to deal with fatty caused issues while making decent food cheaper in comparison. The larger problem (no pun) is that almost all food can qualify for unhealthy.

>You'd tax obese people directly, political correctness be damned.
Singling out a diverse group like that is pretty silly, and fatties that really stand out tend to have far more medical and psychological issues.

>An unhealthy food tax is essentially a tax on the poor.
Depends on how it's handled. It's not like decent food is expensive in civilized countries.

>A tax deficiency (caused by the removal of the sin tax) would be filled by an inflow of tax from something else
For one, not necessary. They might as well just go overspend and hope for the best but even if they go for something else, corporations will be the last thing on the list. We'd see a tax for breathing first.

They are still the best looking non-macs. Specially their older, boxier design had some personality unlike the generic shit Dell pumps out.

>16:9
no thanks

yep, i have a 9560. with some kernel parameters the thing runs linux flawlessly. windows has a plethora of driver issues, even now.
if i were to get a laptop now though i would go for the x1 extreme. better display, speakers, thermals, keyboard, and durability.

xps display feels like its 5cm tall when coming from the macbook in the same store

do you get overtime for shilling this late?

Have an XPS 15 and love it

Aren't they the same size?

Exactly. Double tax is counterproductive. There should be one universal tax and that is it