When did you start programming?

When did you start programming?

Attached: 1563730477395.jpg (584x530, 216K)

>freshman year of hs
>new fag
>tried to learn c++
>fuck that.exe
>switched to java
>got okay at it
>realized shit language
>now mostly c and python
>freshman year of college coming up
>got internship
>Im lovin itâ„¢

>OP is insecure about his age and wants to know if he can still learn programming
Every single day.

in the 80's on a Commodore

Attached: 1563330910647.jpg (827x877, 81K)

in the 70's on a Sinclair

Attached: PictureOfChineseCartoonAnemeGirlGivingAThumbsUpWhileWearingADeterminedGrimace.jpg (301x267, 25K)

Highschool.

after watching Mr Robot
unironically
script kiddie

mid highschool, am grad school now

underage b& gtfo

Attached: 1563663342059.jpg (681x396, 119K)

But I'm 22.

this. got best grade in the class and been doing it ever since.

Hi 22. I'm Dad.

Attached: 1562957710131.gif (467x398, 70K)

Yesterday

I read the yellow C++ book when I was 10.

FUCK

Attached: zoomer.png (259x195, 8K)

Your age - 1.

16, started with c++

19 :(

1970 started with Cobol

Attached: 9808BD37-9D86-451E-B7A5-B617FD0B4705.jpg (640x427, 34K)

I haven't

Attached: Blank+_cc372c0866030629113fd02340f2c84c.jpg (303x262, 31K)

20, when I was a neet

12. As most people back then I unfortunately crammed VB.NET into my brain somehow, painfully. It took a while. Then I moved on to Java because little me liked Minecraft and I wanted to make mods for it and whatnot. Eventually when I was like 15 or so I wanted to learn C++, it didn't really turn out well but now that I look back at it that's just because I didn't really get a good source to learn from. Moved on to scripting languages like Ruby and Python for a while until I tried to learn C++ again like 2 years later. I used it for quite a while then, almost exclusively although sometimes I'd use C# which is pretty comfy. I tried to learn Haskell when I was 18 and I did pretty alright but I never really used it since I wasn't that good at thinking functional, now that I've taken lambda calc I'm a lot better at that. Then like last year I discovered Rust exists and yeah it's great.
inb4 discord tranny dilate or whatever

Attached: superthumb.jpg (300x250, 8K)

... Unless you count me poking around in turbo pascal on my dad's computer when I was little, technically the first language I ever used. That's also where my passion comes from, my dad was a programmer, and I saw him creating stuff when I was little and I was like, wow I wanna do that.

Thanks for reading my blog
w

Year 10, so when i was 14/15. That said I did stuff in scratch in year 8 but that was just fucking around with it. That doesn't mean I'm good at it or anything.

I bet you can't guess the first language I learned.

A few months ago with C.

year 10, so.... little man computer? MIT app inventor?

Middle school, TI86 graphing calculator Basic.

3 minutes ago

I think you mean coding, sweaty

2 weeks ago, learning python for excel scripts and rpi stuff
I'm 29

Attached: 4e56a1f8c90c9862f1a652230047f97251cc5fd3e2ac8484d5d5eaa6be9a4cb4.jpg (600x788, 69K)

I didn't

Attached: 8243795.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

When I was 10. And I stopped when I was 24 to get into math instead.

Attached: hunter-schafer-at-euphoria-tv-show-premiere-pacific-cinerama-dome-los-angeles-12.jpg (1200x1638, 252K)

i started in the 60s. programming the saturn 1 computer.

The first line of code I ever wrote was when I was 8 years old.

Started at 24. Sometimes I wish I would have started sooner, butt least, at that point in my life's I sort of knew what I really wanted to do and I already had work experience. I was very motivated and knew how to apply myself and it went pretty well. Two years later I still have a lot to learn but I'm confident in my future.

JavaScript

I'M 25 AND STARTED SERIOUSLY LEARNING A FEW MONTHS AGO. BEEN FUCKING AROUND WITH LINUX AND PROGRAMMING FOR SOME YEARS. I SWEAR I'M GONNA GET GOOD. I FUCKING SWEAR BY IT. FUCK ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS SAYING YOU STARTED PROGRAMMING AT 7. FUCK YOU. I'M GONNA WRITE BEAUTIFUL CODE, FROM THE SCHOOL OF STRUCTURED PROGRAMMING LIKE DJIKSTRA, WIRTH, HOARE. JUST WAIT. ALL YOU CHILD PHENOM CODERS YOU WILL HAVE TO RESPECT MY SKILL. JUST WAIT. EVERY SINGLE DAY I WILL BE PROGRAMMING AS MUCH AS I CAN, AND THINKING SHIT THROUGH NOT JUST RANDOMLY POKE AT SOME API HOPING SHIT WORKS FUCKKKKKKF)AOISASWHAWHIOIHOTGIHOTGAIWHOTGIA ALL YOU

16, I started learning Java and ASM bytecode because I wanted to make RSPS and bots for RS. I'm now 21 and still shit at everything, but atleast I have made some scripts and bots that don't get detected by Jagex

you go user

FUCK YOU ALL

Age 24 after 6 years of neeting. Now I'm 28 with a job and my own place. I can't believe I really made it

Attached: 2af305c004b189582ad1e8f435faad9e2c1059e23aa584d8cf266c94a3edae7b.png (720x644, 31K)

nice

i actually applied for MIT, got accepted but I couldnt afford it
the answer is actually scheme, i was told to read sicp by Jow Forums so I did. I havent used it since though.

Won't last long, we're coming for you
t. Pajeet on h1-b

I haven't started programming yet. I've just been reading through Practical Common Lisp while typing the examples and practicing on simple programming problems. Don't have any plans as to what I'll do with it, but it's better than solving the Sunday sudokus on my off-days.

based and cringe pilled

Really hyped me up for hacking into the main frame

In middle school I think, we had this weird language where you would trace figures with a turtle, then we switched to the language where you would color cells with a robot, then we switched to Pascal in high school, right now I'm learning C++ in university

When I was 11 I did simple Lua scripting but didn't really get far until I was 15 when I started to make games and even then I was self taught by reading documentation so I didn't really know how a lot of things worked. It all clicked into place after a year when I looked at the fundamentals. Now I mostly do the meme language rust, js, want to learn 6502 assembly and C but work has been draining me so i will pick that up this year probably.

Was writing basic when I was 7. Started professionally when I was about 23.

when I was 10 or so

I never did.