Why is it impossible to get a job

I dont understand how does one get a job? I interview for a position that isn't even that technical when I could be a dev, they ask me basic bullshit like how to reverse a string and trivial sql yet I didnt get the job, I acted like a good goy npc and I dont understand why the fuck they denied it, no I didn't sperg out, simply answered their retarded trivial questions

Was a consultant position (dealing/solving bug tickets or some shit from a client)

Why is it impossible to get a first job

Attached: 687474~1.jpg (720x696, 56K)

Maybe you're bad

You probably gave off to much of an npc vibe. I’d like to hire someone I could have a beer with.

They literally asked the most trivial "programmer" shit since they said it is beneficial to have some knowledge of it, they asked how technical you are and I told them I could hold my own as a dev if necessary (not a lie)

what the fuck what does that even mean how do I get a job then

The entire job was to do retarded trivial things all day and you looked at them like they were fucking with you.

I apply to jobs like duct cleaning and asphalt sealing and get rejected.
One time, many years ago I applied at a Dunkin Donuts, even though I was waiting for the interview before she arrived, the hiring manager interviewed this cute girl before me.
I was so naive then that I should have just taken that as the cue to leave the interview right there.
You have no idea just how shitty it can get OP, just how much it fucking sucks and that even when you're willing and have low expectations in life, they still weren't low enough.

If you apply for jobs where the questions are trivial like that then you basically play the lottery with other spergs like you.

Sucks to hear, have you made it since then?

Its still a tech job that had a potential to grow into something more just seeing what the position was about

Technical interview wasn't even a big part of it, if anything most of the time they were just talking about what the position entailed.

Can anyone give me some happy stories of hope im literally dumbfounded right now

you probably smell bad, OP.

No, I stack boxes for a bakery two nights a week and make about the salary of some of the 3rd worlders here.
My wrist is giving out, i'm developing a hernia, and I thought I would have some skills in life by this point and now at this rate with my body going the way it is I'm seriously considering just eating the debt to go to school at age 29. I've never wanted to go to school was ok with doing labor, but realizing I can't even do that is just soul crushing.

>Its still a tech job that had a potential to grow into something more just seeing what the position was about
The point still stands. If the technical interview question is too trivial then it's useless. They can't choose the candidate based on that alone.

At least youre out there doing something user, when they asked me at the interview if I had any previous jobs I was just honest and said 'no', it wasn't ever necessary for me. Who knows that box stacking job might show to your future employer you can put up with bullshit.

>eating the debt and going to school

I know being a grad myself doesnt make my opinion any more valid but I felt like it didnt help me at all, no one gives a fuck about my good grades, they didn't even fucking ask, albeit it was listed down. Depends on what major youre looking into though, if it was cs I dont recommend it.

Fuck fair enough I guess, in the interview though it was kinda established that I know what I was talking about, he didn't really bother asking further questions cause he knew I could answer them.

They already have people in mind
You probably didn't meet the diversity quote or "my brother's son" quota

Work production. Always high demand for low skill entry level positions, usually pretty easy work, most places are considered “hazardous” so they’re required to offer benefits, and for the most part you can move up to a position making $18+ within a year or two.
The place I work even paid for me to go to school.

In my experience, having a computer science degree from a reputable school will give you access to many jobs that exclude people with no degree. Hold on to it.

Hopefully thats the case, it's been 6 months since I've been looking for a job with no luck, it's a nightmare in itself getting past the brainlet HR with their nonsensical questions that run on a lot of assumptions. The degree I have is reputable from where I am (ausbro) but I genuinely feel it does nothing, anyways I already have the degree so its whatever

How long after I graduate should I be concerned that I haven't got a decent job? Been a month and a half of light pursuit and a few interviews but no dice yet. Maybe I need to shit out more applications?

Depends I'm literally finding out as we speak, 6 months since graduation without a job, I've never worked a day in my life (wasn't necessary so I didn't needa do retarded shit like stack boxes when I was a teenager).

Imo the easiest way to get a job after you graduate is getting an internship while you're at school, but the bullshit catch is that there isn't an internship for everyone, I don't know how the fuck this is fair lol

I worked a shitty job to pay my way thru college so no internship for me. I'm starting to feel like I shoulda just ate more debt and did an internship.

>I dont understand how does one get a job? I interview for a position that isn't even that technical when I could be a dev,
Why aren't you applying to be a dev, then? From your posts it seems like you might be overqualified, and you certainly passed that vibe to your interviewers. "But shouldn't that increase my chances?" No, if anything they're rather hire someone more inexperienced and train them for the long run.

The first job is always the hardest to find. Currently there should be a large shortage of dev jobs, so should be plenty of jobs to apply to. In my opinion it also seems like charm is the key to landing your first job during interviews, since they assume you will be useless anyway.

For my first job I basically listed all the jobs in my area, checked what the most popular language was (java) and what frameworks. Learned the frameworks and enough about other requirements so that I atleast could talk about them, Jenkins and CI etc.

After that I sent my cv and application to whichever company, tracked how many answered and how many gave me an interview. Whenever I got an interview I took it as a sign that my application did something correctly, and further iterated on the applications that landed me the interview.
By the end I had 3 template applications I used everytime to spam more companies.

Finally landed a junior dev job, and after 3 months linked in recruiters now spam me to go to interviews.

Dont give up.

>be neet
>need a job soon
>see neat DoD internship (full time)
>have to be a student to apply
How does this work

Attached: 1560211350373.jpg (1280x774, 209K)

>brainlet HR
>trivial
>basic bullshit
>retarded trivial questions
>didn't needa do retarded shit like stack boxes
>dealing/solving bug tickets or some shit from a client

I have been involved in the hiring process for my company a few times now (software dev) and this is exactly why your failing.

>hire inexperienced
>train

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1563644873043.jpg (500x499, 61K)

I really, REALLY like this image!!

t. brainlet HR

Attached: 1560018553740.jpg (682x900, 95K)

t. unemployed loser.
I'm a software developer, I have assisted HR.

so what you are saying is he can't get a job because he talks like it's beneath him or what? because he sounds pretty desperate. can you try again without meme arrows,?

He does come across as autistic and hostile. Two things people will avoid hiring as much as possible. A lot of these people dont realize what an ass they look like when they're talking.

He has never had a job in his life and he thinks hes worth shit. If he was half as smart as he thinks he is he would have had a minimum wage job for work experience through uni.
He needs an attitude adjustment. He should volunteer somewhere a day a week if he can't get a job.
Only savants get away with being autistic and they are kept away from the clients.

It's literally true in my experience. My first two developer jobs I literally knew close to nothing and felt like an impostor, my coworkers were always happy to explain stuff to me and I learned a shit ton of stuff. Companies don't hire overqualified people because job hopping is a serious problem especially in tech. Hiring is a huge investment, you don't want the guy who'll figure out he can do better and change jobs in 6 months, when a junior dev who gets trained in the house will likely stay with them for much longer.

What country?
Sorry to ask but, are you fat and have hygiene issue?

Yeh pretty much. A lot of people start with a part time job as soon as they're legally able (14 and 9 months in Straya). Flipping burgers or some shit through high school, something else maybe through uni. That is who this autist is competing with. People with 4 plus years of work experience, albeit shitty part-time kid work, it is still work and if you got ziltch on your resume you got no fucking hope son.

>putting flipping burger experience on your resume while applying to a tech job
I seriously hope you guys don't do this kek

>no fucking hope
Then he should start lying. If they are going to treat you like a subhuman and deny a perfectly able individual the right to work, you should treat them like dirt too.

>all those sleepless nights imagining hundreds of interviews going perfectly, covering every possible scenario
>never make it to the interviews in the first place

he's going for his first job m8

>WHY CAN'T I GET A JOB
>every fucking day
Post your resume and let's tear it apart together. Happy to give you a mock interview right now.

Because you're white.

Why not? I worked on a blueberry farm one day a week for 2 years. Shows I can hold down a job for awhile while studying. Then 3rd year came around I was busy with project/placement. Its all so easy and I'm not even smart.

Probably woulda been a good idea getting some sort of internship though at least having job exp is better than nothing like me.

Personally I don't want to be a dev, programming is a hobby for me, I wouldn't want to do it as a day job I dont want to lose the fun I get from it.

Thanks for the kind words, yeah I pretty much am doing what you did minus applying for jr dev positions.

Whats a DoD internship?

Can you elaborate? I dont understand your point

Aus, no and no

>thinks he is badass because he can tear apart a no experience resume

Makes no difference, even if you have no work experience there are much more relevant ways to fill your resume: skills, personal projects, achievements/prizes (hackathons, coding contests).
Putting part-time burger flipping experience on your tech resume is about the most autistic thing you can do even if it's your first job fucking lmao

Department of Defense

Fuck you. Give me back my data.

>Can you elaborate? I dont understand your point
Theres nothing special about you and you need to stop believing your better than everyone else. Your six months unemployed. Now fix yourself.

>never had a job in his life
>personal projects
next

Attached: images.jpg (224x224, 9K)

>He has never had a job in his life and he thinks hes worth shit. If he was half as smart as he thinks he is he would have had a minimum wage job for work experience through uni.
>He needs an attitude adjustment. He should volunteer somewhere a day a week if he can't get a job.
>Only savants get away with being autistic and they are kept away from the clients.
How in the actual flying fucking fucking fucking fuck are you even able to pretend to deduce this from just a single non-technical conversation with a person you've never met before?

>the only thing worth putting on a resume is being a fucking Eagle Scout
>it doesn't mean shit
>no opportunities for nepotism
>no higher education
>no job experience
>taking welfare is too shameful
just going to rot away in my basement i guess

/thread

I'm currently employed as a backend engineer. If you spend all your time jacking off to anime and you have nothing to show to your employers other than "I flipped burgers in high school" then it's no wonder you're an unemployed loser.

Why are you insulting him? Where exactly did he self-aggrandize?

Here, , I'm not being rude to him for the sake of it. As I said I am a software developer who has assisted in HR and his perspective of his own self worth is whats holding him back. As far as I can tell any way.

I have 10 years experience as a backend dev, with the 4 last years being fullstack. In my opinion he is pretty spot on with HR being tards though.

Normsharts are such slaves. Lmao. Your precious time is taken from you since school days and filled with garbage. Then you are supposed to be thankful for even more humiliating "opportunities" as you go along in your life as sheep.

That's not the point. He needs to make them like him.
Money is power, but only if you have more than everyone else.

that's some major NEET cope