You buy a 4770K and you will be fine.

Better cooling for you cpu
for games?
Get better ram to 16gb
Better gpu
>29Hz
The fuck?

Time for a delid.

i'm using a stock fan. it's mostly for 3d modelling and rendering. some music production as well. i'm using a shitty tv as a monitor.

i was thinking about that. how much are kits usually?

>3d modelling and rendering
IPS screen would be more comfy, no?
>i'm using a stock fan
even a TX3 can give your cpu some fresh air.

/thread

i don't really have the cash for an ips monitor. im using this over my dell ultrasharp tn monitor actually, but perhaps i should swap that back here, since this big ass screen might not be useful.

low cash, focus on ram and cooler. Maybe 4770k is you can spend more

>16gb RAM

Is that really necessary? I'm still using only 4GB.

> Haswell
> upgrade
I’d say in 2021, for now replace the CPU and add more RAM.

Yes.
Buy a 4770K, delid it, buy a better cooler get 4x8GB 1866MHz memory with 9-9-9-26 timing.
Buy a better monitor 2560x1440 75-144Hz ips.
Buy a 5700XT during august when they will release 3rdparty coolers.
buy a PCI-e adapter and use NVME drive as boot.

Well OP, according to that pic it looks like you still don't have one of these bad boys. The future is now, motherfucker

Attached: 5163.jpg (417x220, 9K)

You don't need a kit. Just a razor.

i actually do have one. i'm not sure why it's not detected though.
what does the timing correlate to? i'll try to get a 4770k new but they look expensive as hell still, should i get it used?

>what does the timing correlate to?
Better response between CPU/RAM and OS.
>should i get it used?
Yeah that would be smarter choice and don't forget to delid.

>i actually do have one. i'm not sure why it's not detected though.
Does it work? This happened to me except I just forgot I had repurposed the SATA cable for a new hard drive.

this post made me eject my dvd drive just to see if it still worked

Wait until DDR5 is available.

ahhhh im an idiot. it's not plugged in. i cleaned up my case and didn't plug it back in for some reason.

Yes. BUY BUY BUY

Speccy thread? Speccy thread.

4770ks are weirdly expensive for an old chip.

Attached: itwerks.png (1042x709, 183K)

Thinking about giving my friend my 8086k since he's building a pc soon and I will be getting a 9900ks (whenever that comes out) since I updated my mobo bios and it supports 9th gen too

Attached: July2019.png (1166x937, 202K)

U will be very fine, iff

- 4770k or 4790k
- 16 or 32 gb ram operating 2133 or higher
- upgrade monitor and gfx: not up to sth ridiculously expensive, but grab urself a 24" or 27" dell s-ips 16:10 and some 1080/1080ti
- get a 512 samsung pro sata for cheap

Damn, I was using an i5 4460, but the sack of shit motherboard died on me. I had to go through so much bullshit to assemble a working computer from this Dell T3500.

DESU I really dont need the processor (then again who really needs a 9900ks, or 8086k for that matter), but Im a dumbass with money.
I used to have a 4460 and it worked fine for what it did

It's a nuisance because I'm planning on buying a 5k iMac with a 9900K in a few months, but I had to Frankstein this thing together so I had a functional computer.

Guess i should also be looking to get an 4770/4790. Should I try to get the K version? I got an 450W PSU tho.

Attached: 1540780696386.png (539x359, 33K)

If you're not a richfag you're fine. Don't be like this White niggers that regard computers as niggers regard their Cadillac rims, use your money wisely.

Probably if you're gaming and your lows are killing you.