Is it easy to get a job in tech these days Jow Forums?

Is it easy to get a job in tech these days Jow Forums?

Attached: 59AF0654-0AFC-4909-B56F-55402DDEBB9B.jpg (828x1045, 259K)

It’s probably a communist discord tranny who dropped out of code boot camp

Attached: AF3CF404-48B2-4F59-BFB6-B17C14CDB24E.png (430x628, 302K)

This. I roll my eyes whenever someone says they can't get a job in tech. You have to suck hard to not be able employable in tech. That's the harsh truth.

What’s the easiest entry level field? Red Hat? Embedded systems? Web development?

JS web dev

I literally get offered jobs from talking to people in bars. I've been offered some very lucrative positions in small and big business that I've never even worked in just from being able to talk to people.

depends on the country. in america you're right though.
I was top of my class and couldn't get a tech job in the uk though... because I was non-EU and brexit happened.

>Send out 1000 resumes online
>Algorithm referers you for human review less than 1 percent of the time
I guess it's all about who you know. I would always cringe at my last job when shitbags would complain about "nepotism" and how they could never move up because of it meanwhile they refused to do anything for their careers.

Attached: why_not_0.jpg (1079x1534, 638K)

This

Also, LinkedIn is a fucking gold mine. I've been to 3 interviews over the past month, and I'm not even looking for a job, they were just thrown at me. As a counterpoint, I have a friend I went to college with that is still unemployed, two years after graduation. He's a bit of a sperg, but his resume looks OK so I'm not sure what the issue is

>tfw you are an econ major using Linkedin and getting NOTHING AT ALL.
did I major in stupid shit?

>27 onsites
>not one offer
Think it's clear.

Is that from the current year?
>27 on-site interviews
Christ, I did 5 out of college and felt like a massive failure.

from auckland nz here, havent gotten a job since i graduated, theres literally no junior positions without some retarded 3+ yrs exp req

the "filter" has been made so strong because there are so many useless candidates spamming their resume everywhere
they keep adding more and more gates to having your resume get through online, every job at top companies gets 1000s of applications, mostly useless
then there are the people who are just lying, so you add code test barriers
the result is that so many barriers have been added it's nearly impossible for real actually good candidates to make it through. there's plenty of great developers who can't pass all of the gatekeeping exercises

so what happens instead is that they rely on people completely bypassing all of the gatekeeping by simply networking their way in or having a referral. that skips ahead in the process because they're pre-vetted.

so yea the result of all the increased gatekeeping over the years is an increase in how much nepotism and networking matters. submitting resumes online was effective maybe 10 years ago, but nowadays you're so far behind if that's all you're doing. everybody is getting jobs through referrals.

What's clear?

You should read "What Color Is Your Parachute". It's a book on job strategy and it literally changed my life. I used to be discouraged by shit like "Two years experience (Required)", but if you read closely, it doesn't say "professional experience", so any side project or school assignment counts, technically. Also, it shows you how to massage your resume into something that will make it past HR screening software. I sound like a shill for the publisher, but I really can't say enough about that book.

we were forced to read this in the boarding school I went to in high school, would also recommend although I thought it was super gay at the time

>What Color Is Your Parachute
I'll read it, its not like I have a job, fuck my life man

advice for retard with 2.9 gpa(CompSci) who is about to graduate with no intersnhip this December.
> inb4 kil yourself
> pls no bulli
I am also learning js web dev, since it is always hiring.
was learning go and had to stop it since none of the jobs here offer entry level positions for it. I have 3 months leading up to graduation, things i should be doing to maximize my chances in getting an entry level job?

go to some career fairs and act like an extroverted really happy chad, follow up immediately afterwards and apply a ton

what school?

already going to gym, seems to have improved my posture. thanks for the feedback user.

Whore yourself out for internships
Continue working on personal projects to have 'experience'
Practice interviewing and talking with people

>things i should be doing to maximize my chances in getting an entry level job
Side projects, side projects, and more side projects. What will distinguish you from the herd is your ability to do the actual work. Since you didn't intern, the best way to prove that is side projects

doesn't work if you're ugly

brentwood college school in canada

Ah all good, US school I was thinking of.

ok will do, will come back and post my results on Jow Forums. thanks anons.
girls used tell me i was qute when i was 17, then i got fat. Hopefully i make face gains, if not w/e see u in December.

Good luck user

Insects are animals stupid

depends on how willing someone is to move across the country.

What's holding anyone from moving? Fear and cowardice?

The guy is probably a fraud.

Attached: 1563562707406.jpg (705x748, 68K)

it's only going to say that for what is clearly entry level position anyway. Most postings will say things like production experience. You aren't going to fake your way into a job that expects you to be familiar with enterprise software tooling when you have only done toy programming projects or get an IT job in a data-center when you have only worked on your home router.

just exaggerating I agree

Basically this. Employers will also be more inclined to hire local people.

that's part of it for me for sure. But other times its just taking a big gamble with your finances. Lots of stories where the job falls through at the last minute. Have to be in the position to be able to handle a big life event like that.

The person in op is a transexual.

The other issue is the global economy. One way to get around the gatekeeping issue is to have a proper apprenticeship to naturally filter good candidates through. But why bother setting that up when you can just import your top picks from places like India and China ?

t. canadian with open borders to asian tech hires

I want to get on LinkedIn but at the same time between the scammers, the spammers, and the losers that will dox you makes me stay off it. I am not on social media at all but i feel like for employment situations I am missing out.

I'm also not on linkedin but it's because I'm so ashamed of not getting a job after graduation that I don't want all my friends to find out and anybody who googles my name

I had a job settled half a year before my graduation date. Didn't even apply to anything, was headhunted by recruiters and eventually one of them managed to present a position that was relevant to my interests. Did a programming test, went on two interviews at the company (one social, one technical), then got the offer.

I'm Swedish though so the trade-off is that I make peanuts compared to burgers while simultaneously getting taxed up the ass

Attached: 1551723446284.jpg (800x800, 47K)

>I'm Swedish
be honest user
are the memes true?

I moved from the uk to the us and started making almost double what my old boss earns

>You should read X
>My life was Y until X
>Blah blah
No I will not buy your book shill.

LMAO they were blacked.

Not wanting to leave my hometown that I know and love for an AIDS infested "student/techie" city for one
Thats just being a slave to your job

Almost everybody is a slave nowadays. Even though most people deny it.

based. I wish I could have stayed in my hometown. but I grew up in vancouver and my parents weren't rich enough to buy me a house so that was always out of the question since my country sold our futures to foreign money.

Dude, they're locked characters

Sweden yes? As for any stereotype there's a reason it exists, so of course there's some truth to the memes. It's heavily exaggerated on here though

My plan is to rack up some experience and then take the first chance I get to go abroad and earn the big bucks

Attached: 1558715533489.gif (320x240, 2.42M)

my experience with sweden is that the smaller cities were pretty based but the big cities were ultra cucked

toronto bro here, I know that feel.

canadian born canadians are being forced out of the cities at a rapidly increasing pace while immigrant numbers keep rising and increasing property costs
it's so fucked up dude. holy shit. I had to move to america to make it, what's your plan or did you have your parents get you something

Attached: migration.png (756x958, 69K)

studying for FAANG or likewise, currently working tech in a bank though. gf and I plan on moving to a smaller city like waterloo or guelph later.

which bank are you working for, I interviewed at rbc capital markets and the culture seemed really bad so I turned them down

What school did you go to? Thinking about squeezing out another bachelor.

dont do a double bachelor, just do a masters. if you need to study on your own to complete a masters do that. double bachelor is really fucking dumb.

The further north you get the less cucked you become. But the people in the north have other issues. I literally live in a cabin in the woods, maybe interacting with people every other week when I go grocery shopping... In the middle and south you get a lot of cuck mentality, but the people are nicer, more educated and actually interesting talking to sometimes.

Dunno, time doesn't matter and school is "free". Probably need a year or soto be applicable to write my bachelor thesis.

shit mentality. time matters. getting serious a few years earlier makes a huge difference that will have large effects on your entire life.

>non-EU
>because brexit
You've already outed yourself as a retard, so I highly doubt you were the top of your class even of the shit-tier ex-poly your shitskin dad paid to put you in.

td, the culture is beyond shit. work from home quite a few days though so that isn't bad.

I'm from canada. after the brexit vote uk visas to non-eu citizens were slashed by 1/20th and only maintaining visas were prioritized. I can see you don't know much about the situation though.

>top of class in the UK
>tech
Why didn't you apply to G-Research?

Wage slave. I run my own company, so who am I supposed to get ahead of? I'm not studying to become employed. I'm studying to become smarter. Maybe idealistic, but it's true.

>run my own company
>going for a double bachelors
uh huh

Don't let the door hit you in the way out

I guess you'd rather have more unskilled immigrants coming to the uk instead of ones that went to university and support your culture since those are the immigrant numbers you're increasing not the educated ones

>2019
>buying books

I'm from a smaller city but live in one of the big ones and prefer it here. What places did you visit?

I went to Chalmers. CE bachelor (högskoleingenjör)

HOW DO I GET JOB IN UK, LONDON?
I'm a upstanding citizen and lived all my life here

Just got a job offer.
It's 50 hours a week + overwork.

Attached: 1562235519422.png (290x292, 100K)

based

I'm trying to look for a job in London too. Have 2 years of experience in accounting from a different country. It's hard...

It's more like getting a second major. I need a year off anyway. Industrial economy + cs is a pretty applicable combination imo. Will probably get a master in cs also. You sound like a drone by the way.

>admitted that your time is worthless
>admitted you earn so little the money doesn't matter
>wasting your time on a second bachelors
>trying to brag
sad

I'm looking for a part time job, but retail looks like it sucks hard

>5% of incoming visas were rejected
How does it feel being the bottom of the barrel, gutter trash 5% canuck?
UK tech is booming if you can't find a job here you are retarded.

Do you have a degree and work experience?

>uk tech is booming
Which companies? I don't see any great tech jobs here.

I'm amazed that you somehow misunderstand such a simple statement that I made about the visa reduction into thinking I was the bottom 5%. truly marvelous.

I want literally everyone who moved here in the past twenty years to fuck off

instead your government is increasing unskilled immigration and reducing skilled immigration and you're applauding it happening.

you can have the best resume in the world but nobody will give you the job if you look or act like a sperg.

only like 2 weeks of work experience in some office job, only a IT college degree

Yeah, if youre not retarded.

Then again if you are, dev and help desk jobs are a dime a dozen.

Very well put.

You must be one of those "new Canadians" that Mr weed imported.

All London fintech have dozens of engineering jobs each paying 80k+ for junior/mid level devs. (Monzo, starling, revolut and similar). Similar story for startups outside fintech.

All the major consultancies and recruiters in London, bristol, Birmingham are paying £500-700/d for mid level go developers with some aws and Docker knowledge.

Mid level go developer in full time position in manchester ATM pulls 50k, of you consult instead its 400-600. Similar in Birmingham. More money and perks (rent paid for, car rentals paid for) if you do it in London.

If you are a retard like the whining Canadian above just say you are an oppressed faggot/genderqueer and they will give you a job anyway.

Nice. Congrats on graduating. Gothenburg is nice during the summers! :v) thinking about doing a masters?

I wasn't able to get an IT job until a new factory was built thanks to the MAGA economic policies.

And it's paid 40k.
And I might do it cause I'm a loser without a backup plan.
10/10 would shitpost on irc on company time.

to add to this, avoid cambridge its expensive as london but doesnt pay as well

Try not being white/asian/indian. Instant hire thanks to diversity quota.

That's exactly what you wrote though.

Anyway a guy with 0 programming experience can get in on this action? I'm teaching myself but how can I compete with the thousands of graduates that are flooding the market each year?

Get an internship dumbass, you still have half a year

I did a phone screen with hr once and the second question she asked me was my race. fucking 2019.

>seething
Holy shit user, you sound like a beta cuck. How many linkies do you own? Because you're probably the most pajeeted person on Jow Forums :^)