Luke Smith

Is he a hypocrite?
>'Computers are bad for you'
>'Computers should be configured so that you can get things done and get on with your life'
>proceeds to rice his i3 excessively, spending countless hours on color schemes, scripts, his bar
>constantly changes his rice, presents it on YouTube

seriously, if he was true to his own words he'd use a setup that
A: is efficient
B: doesn't give you eye cancer if you stare at it for long periods of time
There would be no need for this obsession with aesthetics

Attached: lukesmith.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>Is he a hypocrite?
You should be old, and cognitive enough to answer this yourself.

>'Computers should be configured so that you can get things done and get on with your life'
That's why people likes Torvalds install literally the easiest shit that runs (even debian is too time demanding) and rice nothing.
Whoever claims something like that and doesn't use the defaults (especially in a world with thousands of distros) is an hypocrite.

He may simply be bad at taking advice from himself.

That said, his setup is not really riced. He also provides a decent resource for beginners and journeyman Nixers.

That's not so bad, is it?

he is a hypocrite and never follows his own words, e.g
>i'll buy a cabin in the woods and will live just like unabomber
>proceeds to buy a house near the family land
>complaints on slow internet

>you're not autistic, you're normal
>calls everyone he's not agreeing with autistic

but he's interesting to watch since he makes changes in his life and discovers new shit unlike pooptubers who endlessly sit in their basement and pretend to know everything about the world they live in.

who the fuck makes these threads. No-one wants to discuss you luke, fuck off.

his linguistics and computer videos are interesting and informative but his use of memes is cringe and his hot takes are retarded

u r an idiot

anyone got video of him and tripcode fucking?

All Linux users are hypocrites.

luke talks like the person he wants to be, but acts like the person a lot of us really are deep down
he's a pretty good guy, I like his non tech content a lot more than his tech content though

> Is he a hypocrite
Literally everybody is. I watch him because he is not perfect. Perfectionism, if something like that even existed, would mean that everybody is equal. I would hate that and there would be hardly progress. Because in history, the 'weird' persons have been the ones who created the biggest changes.

You're an e-celeb worshipper/gossiper. No better than trash you see everyday.

pics related, that's you.

Attached: trash.jpg (892x400, 270K)

when i hear luke stating his figured-it-all-out, everything-i-say-must-be-true takes around subjects of self-sustainability, human condition & practical skills, i think of him next to this guy and start chuckling.
just think about who you idolize.

There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.

t. Jesus

forgot pic

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 323K)

i second this request

The guy had periods of no internet and doesn't game, ricing to him is probably like a game to him. Even then, the amount of hours he had spent on ricing is likely paid back in patreon bucks + ad revenue.

This

>That said, his setup is not really riced.
Let's be honest here, it may be less riced than some setups you see in desktop threads here, but it's still definitely a lot more riced than the average desktop.

Hypocrisy is rather a strong word, and should be reserved for things that matter. People aren't thoroughly rational.

>Eye cancer.
Ja. I bought an X200 after watching his videos. Its screen flickered like crazy. After using it for several weeks and doing some searches on Google, I realized such screens could give people terrible eyestrains and nerve issue.
I still don't understand how he can use that screen for a prolonged period of time. Maybe that was why he had his sunglasses on in some of his videos while sitting in front of his computer. It is utter shit compared to a decent IPS panel with DC dimming.

Luke was like a cool kid in the neighbor and showed me Linux. For this part I am grateful.

Fuck off luke.