Boomers

Are boomers holding back technology?

Any Jow Forums boomers here?

Attached: 73F93825-4EA9-4691-8F93-83B3F5C2EF62.png (692x390, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4UaiDBJMhjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

10AM is too late to maw the lawn

Nooo dad it's Saturday morning...

Attached: 4L_kX1TcHwc.png (434x327, 55K)

Zoomer detected

Boomer detected

Hey, I have that Windows 7 Home Premium DVD box

Zoomers are much more devastating with their bullshit than tech boomers ever were.

yes but it's a good thing

I love these boomer pictures.
They just make me feel so comfy and happy inside.

How so

>Any Jow Forums boomers here?

Yup, I am. What do you wanna know?

How old are you?

You like technology today or did you like it when you were in your 20s?

I get everything about the boomer meme except for that Monster bullshit. Is Monster Ultra mainly consumed by boomers or what?

heat and how to control it within reasonable means is the only thing holding back tech.

That's XP, you fucking mongoloid

you need someone to preserve traditions, old knowledge etc. how too much technological change can be harmful should be pretty obvious

Boomer here. Probably.

Attached: Screenshot_20190719-154231_Maps.jpg (1080x2220, 355K)

>Are boomers holding back technology?
No. Dumb zoomer niggers writing python and getting their dicks chopped off is holding technology back. If you can't write something in assembly you're a dumb nigger and are responsible for the absolute state of programming now.

In my 20s I was very much into gaming, so I just had a Windows XP machine and got very excited about graphics cards and Core 2 Duo and stuff like that. I loved games like Doom3 and Prey. Quake 4 too. The internet was very exciting. It was essentially anarchy. You could do or say what the hell you liked and it didn't matter. It was totally revolutionary. Linux was exciting. systemd didn't exist.

These days you can't say what you like on the net. Everything is tracked and this has had a trickle-down effect to culture, media and music which is now scared to take risks or employ actual talent. People don't want to work to get famous, they want instant gratification and this has been compounded by platforms like Instagram. We now live in a narcissistic society. Even though there's more choice these days, things have become saturated. Linux has been nearly ruined by systemd.

The 80s was a different matter altogether. That's when things were really exciting for me in tech. It wasn't about graphics, but gameplay. The ZX Spectrum and Atari 520 were incredibly exciting machines. We didn't know about or need the net. Mobile phones didn't exist [in the mainstream]. In fact I kind of feel sorry for zoomers who will never know what it's like to live in an offline world.

OP here
Sounds comfy

I would say pretty much everything was comfy before smartphones came in. That's when things started to go to shit.

Oh, and when Microsoft killed off MSN Messenger. That was the end of an era. Everyone migrated to Facebook and then it all become about social media and the "look at me" culture like never before. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw a selfie stick. I thought it was a joke.

So yeah, I'd say things were comfy right until the beginning of the 2010s.

>everything was comfy before smartphones came in
>things were comfy right until the beginning of the 2010s
Absolutely this. The first iPhone was the beginning of the end.

>Are boomers holding back technology?
No, capitalism is.

What is your opinion on Quake 2? Personally, the only good Quake games are Q1 and Q3A.

I didn't like Q2 and found it very disappointing. Q1 is one of my favourite games of all time, but rather than continue the medieval/Gothic route, id Software decided to get 100% sucked in by the industrial fad of the mid/late 90s and go for that aesthetic. I didn't think it worked and I don't think I even finished the game.

Damn you're right. My Windows OS 7 Home Premium 32/64 bit edition DVD box has a rounded corner

Holy mother of God, finally another person that found Q2 to be a pile of horseshit. I don't know why more people don't complain about the absurd recoil on guns or how the fucking machine gun needs recoil compensation by dragging down your mouse. They took literally nothing from what made Quake 1 so special (fast movement, fast shooting guns, unique atmosphere and enemies). What a terrible game.

In what way is technology being held back? The progress technology has made as well as its integration into our everyday lives has been absolutely astounding.

Everything is either a ploy to data harvest or whaling. Both are fuelled by zoomers.
I'm not gonna tell you Ted was right but I can see why people get fed up with this bullshit.

What is to hold back? There's nothing new anymore. Everything is just regurgitation from older tech with a new label and less features.

Have you seen, "The Seal of Nehahra" and played, "The Nehahra Quake Project?" Top tier Q1 era mod and movie respectively. Aside from some pacing issues, "The Seal of Nehahra," has better writing than most Hollywood films. The mod picks up from the movie and lets you play from then on,

youtube.com/watch?v=4UaiDBJMhjM

I'm currently playing through Arcane Dimensions but thanks for the recommendation. I'll make sure to check it out.

The progress it has made is astonishing, but it's all under the guise of what said. What we have gained in hardware and software advancements we have lost in privacy. That's an immense minus for me. I'd rather just have everything frozen around the mid 2000s.

Yes it was like an entirely different game. Who gives a shit about the Strogg anyway. I much preferred the Lovecraftian themes of Q1.

Didn't know about this, thanks user. Will look into it. Fortunately the Q1 mapping community is pretty big and there are some awesome maps over at Quaddicted. Esp those by sock.

Considering that every piece of worthwhile tech you have ever used came from "boomers" and older, including this website you are shitposting on, no.

Trekkur John Deer das mien mark

You dont wanna mow wet grass.

Motherload

Attached: 04b9f033-dd58-49d5-8a4f-217005177ab4..jpg (600x791, 426K)

Yes. We buy whatever is popular and have brand names ingrained in our primitive boomer brains.

(I live under a rock and don't buy shit that's trending- I also hate boomer juice.)

Ah, so you started that faggy 'comfy' shit. F A G G O T

> he doesn't remember the nuclear fallout from games once they got graphic enough to display or portray gore.

Remember when nintendy claimed they would never produce or allow a game with blood for their system and sega lost massive marketshare for actually letting shit like uncensored mortal combat on their console.

Remember when games in the 80s were considered a violent menace because one poorly rendered stickman could hit another poorly rendered stickman.

The sensorship bas been long and coming. Most boomers taught zoomers how to be ideological instant gratification faggots by sitting them in front of tvs and making it impossible to not have to drop them out at daycare or baby them with colorful but meaningless television.

Zoomers are the result of boomers not knowing how to raise their kids amd shirking theit res ponsibility to help them learn and grow. Either expliciy or implicitly due to othet boomers.

who knows, I drink JOLT COLA.