logicalincrements.com/
developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/reference/places-service
your_router_ip:631/printers/your_printer_name
developers.google.com/places/web-service/search
techwalla.com/articles/how-to-use-a-phone-as-a-bluetooth-dongle
streamable.com/jg610
stackoverflow.com/questions/57153807/nginx-configuration-for-windows
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

people usually makes a new one after the last one reaches bump limit and is on page 9-10. also you forgot the pasta in the OP

Im looking for best for buck, budget PC. Main usage will be crypto/stocks investing, light gaming (guild wars, wow, cs and such games - i dont enjoy triple a titles and new productions. Id rather slap on some crispy icewind dale or aquanox and play away and gta5 for instance bores me as fuk and so do most of the newer games so top gpu is not a priority for me), light video editing vlogs, shitload of tabs and exceles open at the same time.

After some thoughts i think i will go for ultrabook and home pc as it will suit my lifestyle better. So in addition to pc i need a laptop for pretty much same purposes as pc but without editing and heavy gaming (it needs to play guild wars and heroes 3 though and operate multiple investing programs)

What do lads

what keeps you from killing yourself?

Daily runs at 19.45 gmt

Guys can I actually swap wifi card with mSATA SSD?

Is it possible to use Win 7 with Zen 2 CPUs? The software I use wanna use isn't compatible with Win10 so that ain't an option.

Is 144Hz worth it on a new build?
Is 75/80 enough?
I play alot of strategy games and CSGO but that might be cos my 6 y/o laptop cant run anythingsince 2015

Hello, I got a legion y530 with 8Go ram and I want to upgrade it
If I add a 16Go slot which will be 16 + 8 = 24Go, will I run into some problems/performance issues ?

Thanks for making a new non-pederast thread.
Here's the pasta:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Why does Jow Forums not use SSL?

>popup tellinng me that firefox can't update to the latest version everytime i open it
>update blocked via policies.json
>delete update url via about:config, still pops out
>try to activate silent updates but then changing the update url so that it doesn't check, still checks
>can't update prefs.js unless i set it to read only, which would cause a fuckton of problems with firefox in general
>the option auto.update.migrated about:config option sets itself to true no matter what i do
>try to delete the updater executable, still nothing
what do?

either go 60 or 144, but 144 requires a beefy GPU
it's a nice jump in quality but it's pricey
logicalincrements.com/
i'd say you need something in the 1500-1700 range if you want new games to run at a stable 144 fps@1080p, plus a monitor

it does but not by default, Jow Forums is a high traffic site and ssl adds unnecessary burden (enable it in settings)

>installed a new 3900X in my new x570 motherboard a week ago because i had the big boy spending pants on my head like a retard
>have a closed case because i don't really care about RGB and shit
>curiousity still leads me to open ROG Armoury and check out the Aura Sync section
>literally first RGB setting i change crashes my pc and completely reboots it
>suddenly the bios CSM and american megathreads screen tells me that my vga card is not supported and UEFI shit
>continue anyway because it has worked flawlessly for a week
>F2
>log in to winshit 10 and surprise surprise
>i have no network connection
>no matter what i try to do within the windows network options it won't recognise my onboard wifi that came with my motherboard
>tells me that i should plug in an ethernet cable or that it has become damaged
>self diagnose doesn't work because it simply repeats that i should connect an ethernet cable

What should I do? I've already rolling back to three days ago and that didn't help. I've tried going into services and checking the WLAN Autoconfig. I've tried disabling and reenabling the LAN and WiFi controller in bios. I think bluetooth is fucked too. If user can't help me I'll reinstall windows next but I was hoping I could solve it another way.

Attached: RoE222-00-40-25-6768.jpg (640x640, 88K)

Reposting from previous thread since I really need to know.

Is using artist profile (not for personal stuff, just promotion) of Facebook on Firefox with uBlock Origin with all filters and Facebook Container addon safe enough or I still risk leaking them data?

I just want to promote my photos but most models cant accept lack of FB profile and refuse to link to private site.

Im afraid of having account but it seems to be preferred communication channel nowdays.

Attached: 1563353622170m.jpg (705x1024, 150K)

>hp deskjet f2400 series
>printer shared on network via router
>forced me to set username and password for it
>still found it by using my router ip
>installed the required drivers and set it as default printer
>double clicked it and opened hp AiO printer rmeote
>showed as offline
this is the most boomer thing I've ever done in my life and the printer is kind of old but is this happening because it didn't ask for a username and password or something? have no idea of what I'm doing

tldr; where do I set username and password for a printer shared using my router?

Attached: .png (1498x1360, 1.74M)

What's a good adblocker for mobile phones Jow Forums?

firefox + ublock origin

have you tried connecting an ethernet cable?

I don't have one that's long enough but I can go to my parents and borrow one tomorrow.

might fix the board for no apparent reason

I'm out of ideas desu so I guess it's worth a try.

How can I access those search results programmatically? I mean the links on the left, especially the details one gets after clicking one of those. It doesn't seem like goolag has an public API for it.

Attached: 1534517439813.png (1278x1028, 895K)

Hello, I recently found a translation for a game that I'm interested in localizing. That translation file is a .po, I believe the format is gettext. In that file is specified the original file and the line for each translation. I was looking for a software that could replace the strings in the original files with the input of the mentioned .po file. I searched on the internet and didn't find what I was looking for. If I don't find anything I will likely write a program to do it. If anyone knows sonething he will save me some hours of work. Thanks.

It's literally the first result if you search for it.
developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/reference/places-service

What are some Jow Forums recommended e-readers?

software or hardware? softwarewise, calibre is about the only thing even worth using

I've used instalooter for a while now but the dev is absent and it is ccurrently broken
I have found instaloder which does way more shit and is activly deved
How ever i cant find a way to make it filename compatible so that i dont have to lose stuff
Instalooter used some id name for posts that had multiple images/videos. But instaloader uses {id}_1 {id}_2 instead.Meaning any posts with multiple image/videos will be duplicated since they use this underscore naming method. I checked the advanced filename patterns but it still added _1 _2 etc to multiples
How do i convert it to just using the ids?

how do I intelligently mask hair in GIMP?
Photoshop got GPU accelerated intelligent masking a few years ago and GIMP is lagging in implementing this feature. I'm worried that open source software isn't very competitive.

Why can't my systemd unit run stuff from /usr/bin when I set ProtectSystem=strict ? It's only supposed to mount everything read-only, but it should still be executable, right?

>remove previous printer and all previously installed programs
>control panel > hardware and sound > devices and printers
>add a printer
>"the printer that I want isn't listed"
>select a shared printer by name
>your_router_ip:631/printers/your_printer_name
>you get your_printer_name from the router control panel
>pick the correct driver from the list and install it
>confirm and add the printer
>right click on the printer
>printer properties > ports > configure port...
>"use the specified user account"
>fill the credentials set on your router control panel when you shared the priner
>press ok and close the properties
apparently this was the correct way to add the printer to the network but the hp program still cant see my printer somehow.
I'll try looking for a third party program but for now that solved the problem

lithium might be worth a try

Thanks, seems that I'm blind.

Update: Reformatted the disk and it still doesn't work. Tried going back to default settings in BIOS and everything. Did something fry my onboard network? I'm going to open up my case and have a look for weird stuff and reseat some cables and shit.

You can access the API directly as well.
developers.google.com/places/web-service/search

>listen to Jow Forums
>try hydrus
>it's great
guess gentoo's all that's left

is there any way to use an xbox 360 controller adapter as a bluetooth adapter?

Attached: 61iCl5w72+L._SX466_.jpg (466x573, 20K)

No, they use a proprietary protocol, not bluetooth.

damn, I don't wanna spend money on a bluetooth adapter. Is there anyway I could use my phone as one for my pc?

dude a bluetooth adapter costs like 8 dollar

Two things, where the fuck is my Windows Menu at and what would be a good pair of in-ear headphones that are Jow Forums-approved?

Attached: itznehbwgw.png (393x81, 30K)

I know but I don't really wanna wait until it arrives

Hi,
does the most recent amd drivers work with windows 7 on rx480? i have ws2008r2, 19.7.1, 19.7.2 does not want to install, wish to use it as it supposedly has input lag improvements (used to arcade-likes, quake, etc. competitive, am sensitive, does matter, currently use 100 hz vga).

Why are you still using Windows 7? It will be end of life in less than six months.

Is there command for mpv to resize the window, make it bigger/smaller by, say, 10%?

I know about --window-scale, but that's for an absolute value. I want something that resizes it incrementally with multiple presses.

Attached: mpv.jpg (1187x754, 63K)

techwalla.com/articles/how-to-use-a-phone-as-a-bluetooth-dongle
Apparently you can?

Thanks, I will try this.

he's living the dream till it lasts

nvm, found a walkaround guide, installed

So I recently have been working on a sort of old computer, and I have gotten it working just fine, with one minor annoyance. The GPU fan will spin up to full power (read as "holy shit its hot in here turbo-panic speed") and then cycles down to either totally off or 40%, which is silent or almost silent. (there are some associated very strange values in gpu-z, pic related)

This isn't really causing any problems, its just really annoying to hear the fan cycling up and down over and over again. It probably isn't doing its bearings any favors, but Im not really worried about that too much.

I have found a solution: Go into the device manager, disable the dedicated GPU, then re-enable it. Unfortunately, the person I am setting this thing up for is not good with computers, and is too scared of somehow breaking something to try to learn.

>>My question: Is there a way that I can make some script or something that will run automatically on power on or login that will disable the dedicated GPU, then re-enable it a few seconds later?

Ordered a Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 CPU cooler. Should I use the included paste or slap on that Arctic MX-4 paste I ordered?

crap, forgot both pictures. Here is a speccy screenshot. janky gpu-z values will come next

Attached: lll.png (1918x1012, 287K)

unless you know that the included stuff is better, I would go with the arctic stuff.

Attached: Capture.png (728x944, 61K)

Should I get MS Office or LibreOffice?

Attached: 1282859140212.png (520x818, 159K)

Adaway, Blockada, Adguard, DNS66

Find what works for you, depending if you're rooted or not.

so I just realized the sata to 6pin I bought was actually sata to mini 6pin.

I never knew mini 6pins existed. What are they used for. Not sure if I want to keep it just in case.

Update number 2: Bicycled 30 mins in the rain to get an ethernet cable and now after plugging it in for five minutes or so, the onboard wifi and bluetooth network cards suddenly showed up by themselves and prompted me to choose a network for my WiFi. Hopefully this will be replicable in the future should the problem reappear.

I'm tempted to mess with Aura Sync to see if it happens again. At least I got rid of the weird ununinstallable Rog Armoury that was bundled with my mobo.

/blog end

Attached: alita-slice-600x200.jpg (600x200, 39K)

I keep all my cables from basically any electronics and tech I buy. It has saved me and my friends money and trips to the stores so many times it's amusing.

Update number 3: Scratch all the positive stuff I wrote. Shit doesn't work at all. It was only the external WiFi card that I plugged in to download drivers that showed up, not the onboard one. I'm retarded and don't know what to do.

Hey guys I know this isn't the thread but someone advertised his blog here and I liked it, but I forgot what it was called.
I remember he talked about airgapping/securing his computer and he had to worry about light radiation from the screen and something with the power lines.
I don't know where to ask because all I know is that it was advertised on Jow Forums and I guess I hope he's lurking somewhere.

Depends on what exactly you need it for. Big picture, they are about the same.

Libre office pros: really awesome dark theme, and the ability to customize it to be even better, totally free, not ugly, better bullet point system, possibly other stuff.

MS pros: better spell check, sort of better system for placing pictures into documents, maybe some other stuff.

My tape deck just started doing this

streamable.com/jg610

What could the cause be? Used to play fine. Deck B still plays normally. If you have a cassette in it, you can still hear the track very faintly, but the buzz just overtakes everything

How do I test if the wifi on my router is failing? The only thing I've done was play online games and see constant spikes. My desktop is connected using a wireless bridge.

hello
I have a an HDD here and it's not being recognized by windows. He shows up in disk management and in diskpart but I can't make it work.
I first had format it on diskpart and set it to gpt but I confess I was not sure with what I was doing. kind of a stupid move, I hope didn't have fucked the disk.
How can I make this hdd usable?

are dildo technology ?
I'm looking for a rabbit dildo with a good rotation of the head and a clit vibro close to the main part (mainly need a rotation of the head, and not a small one)

Attached: 14850-02.jpg (940x940, 35K)

So a while back my wired Xbox360 controller started to disconnect randomly. Well at the time I thought it was random, but it actually keeps disconnecting when the rumble activates. I figured it was some sort of power issue so I unplugged my portable HDD and the rumble was back to working. Now however, some rumbles cause it to disconnect while others don't, and some games which worked before now cause it to disconnect.

I've tried both the front and back usb ports on my computer. Is this a sign of a failing power supply or something? I am really worried.

Attached: 1342825847256.jpg (325x325, 16K)

doing a interview for front end position, I have no intern or work experience, how do I larp when they ask me tell me about yourself?

One of my harddrives seems to have very suddenly shat itself. I had everything backed up and a replacement so I'm not worried, but I've tried to clone it with Clonezilla but it fails every time. I've tried running it with detect and repair bad sectors and ignore bad sectors but it fails in the same place.

Is there any cloning software that will deal with bad sectors better? Anything that just detects and skips them?

Attached: hdd .png (448x542, 36K)

panic.exe

Attached: sx8200pro.png (449x287, 15K)

PHEW
the ADATA toolbox fixed it.
TRIM optimization...I dd'd the OS from my old SSD...I guess the profile needed refreshing or something...I was about to have some very stupid questions...

Attached: file.png (449x287, 14K)

my WDblue 6tb hard drive that I just bought is making some strange noises that i've never heard a hard drive make before.
I think I need to send it back, my question is how do I wipe the thing 100% so none of my data is recoverable?

# badblocks /dev/fuckoff
# dd if=/dev/fuckoff of=/dump.img status=progress

ddrescue

The other user is a retard, badblocks doesn't help you do shit.

logicalincrements.com/

there's literally a hpg and iemg's all the time on this board. Are you running Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10? It looks like W8.0, not W8.1

If you have to work collaboratively, MS Office every time.

diskpart
list disk
sel disk #
clean
convert gpt
create part prim
format fs=ntfs quick
assign

That's it.

I believe DBAN is still a thing. If you are *really* paranoid, just shred it yourself or something.

I am running Win 8.

So I got used to Windows XP sorting my files by the date they were last modified, Descending-- which is usually just when they were first added/downloaded, oldest files first. No Windows since then has had this as a default option. You have to click 'show more sorting options' or whatever and find it in the giant drop down menu, then change the Asc/Desc order. That's been fine, I guess, because it remembered that once you had set it. But every time I boot up Windows 10 now it resets the folder to Sort by Name, Ascending. How can I fix it to remember the order I set for the folder?

Attached: datemodified.png (343x451, 11K)

Windows 8 doesn't have a start button at all. Windows 8.1 reintroduced the start button
Windows 10 reintroduced the start MENU.
Start button =/= start menu. Make sense?

Is there a userscript for Jow Forums that would alert me when a thread is on the last page or about to be bumped off?

I fucked up then, must be Win 8.1 then. Very sorry.

>must be
How do you know? Run winver.

It's Win 8.1

Attached: iuztreuiztr.png (438x120, 5K)

You are a fucking idiot. Go to the Store app, an "Upgrade to Windows 8.1" prompt will stare at you in the face.
Version 6.1 = Windows 7
Version 6.2 = Windows 8
Version 6.3 = Windows 8.1 (9)
See the pattern?

>assign
>
>That's it.
thank you very much user

gonna save these commands for eventual future use

Attached: 1511757912564.png (865x526, 36K)

Would you guys know about programming books but written in plain text?
I mean something that can be read from emacs.
I'm trying to sneak in one at my job and learn Haskell on the company's time.

yw. "help" is a pretty good one to use.

How in the absolute fuck do i run a single page application with nginx on windows. i tried every fucking tutorial i've found but that sit only shows me the welcome page of nginx.

bgp is just a coarse way to keep track of possible routes across an internetwork, right? because doing that for individual addresses is a ridiculous idea, right?

You actually want a m.2 SSD
That depends entirely on your requirements boi

Attached: 526.jpg (500x272, 11K)

i do have a question open in stack overflow with my code if you are interested.

Are there actually any good free vpns that won't sell my data?

Tor. That's it, if you specifically want a VPN and not Tor, then no, all the free options are not good and are spying on you.

Remember that torrenting over Tor does not get you any additional privacy over torrenting on your clear unprotected internet connection, in addition to fucking the speeds of the Tor network for everyone else.

How do I update my games? I don't use steam or any other game launcher

How does Lisp differ from Scheme, and which is easier to learn as a first language?

Just download the latest installer from GGn.

Sure, spose I can take a look, can't promise I will be able to help much though.

GGn? Pls explain

I don't want to shred the drive I need to send it back and get a replacement from amazon.

Any recommended music playing app for android?

Thats what I assumed, thanks anyways.

there you go:
stackoverflow.com/questions/57153807/nginx-configuration-for-windows

to summarize:

>Used AlwaysUp to run nginx
>used the default config file for nginx
>Set up a "sites-available" and "sites-enabled" folder and symlinked the files
>configured my host files to run said applications with their respective domain names, also configured my vue.config files to run with said names. They work fine when i use npm run serve
>used npm run build to create a dist folder and pasted the path in my root on said app config files in sites-available as requested