Why are people acting like AMD is the second coming of god?

Why are people acting like AMD is the second coming of god?

>Lied about older gen mobos being compatible with Zen2 out of the box
>Even with BIOS updates half of the people still can't get Zen2 working (I know this is more mobo manufacturers fault but still)
>If you get Zen2 working it will run hot as fuck and idle at high voltage, lied about actual TDP

>b-but it's way cheaper than Intel
You'd think so but the stock cooler is not good enough for Zen2 anymore and more importantly you have to get RAM over 3200MHz and at least CL16 which is waay more expensive than what you'd need for Intel to perfom good. Also it's looking like Intel are cutting the prices for their products.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd still buy AMD over Intel, but this launch has been a disaster for AMD.

Attached: AMD-1.jpg (900x507, 37K)

Poor people need to be validated.
This is all they have lol, it's pathetic.

I guess let them have their fun.

Blahblahblahblahblahblah,AMD didn't make those motherboards, you retard.Blame MSI.

if they say it's going to work straight out of the box on older mobos then it's their responsibility to make sure and test their products enough to make sure that it acutally does work out of the box

I only trust facts and not a single intel shill spamming "amd bad" threads has proven to own ryzen yet. So I see no reason to believe them.

Because we are Ryzen the fuck up

Attached: 1562085387534.png (2518x1024, 218K)

>Processors keep themselves cool at all times
Not anymore
>Makes it's products as backwards compatible as possible
Lmao
>Included CPU cooler can whitstand any load without throttling, no need to replace it
Not anymore

Also the GPUs still aren't as high performance as Nvidia

Post proofs of your purchase, faggot
Also
>Also the GPUs still aren't as high performance as Nvidia
They are faster where it matters. Though I advice against buying into reference cards, be it amd or nvidia.

Attached: 2019-07-21-image-2.png (1440x1000, 54K)

>They are faster where it matters.
Cinebench?

XD

I was lucky and had no problems with BIOS updates but the CPU runs hot as fuck and idles at high clocks and voltages. You have to admit that this launch wasn't good

Attached: ryzen.jpg (4608x2592, 3.5M)

You shouldn't be lucky if a new product works, failures should be the exception and not the rule.

AMD's more core cores and threads still don't match Intel's performance. On the high end once you factor in cooling solutions, video cards, faster RAM needed, and motherboards (future housefires) with out of the box compatibility with Zen2, then AMD isn't as cost effective. That being said my next build will probably be Zen+ on a 450 board specifically for the core count at a cheap price.

Enjoying your 60c idle temps, bro?

>>Lied about older gen mobos being compatible with Zen2 out of the box
Because they can't control if the motherboard makers fuck it up.
So they are not responsible.
So they get to make fancy promises and market to retards and then backout on their claims with no repercussions.
Just like with Navi pricing. They got to attempt to fleece people for the extra money and if nvidia does nothing they keep the price and reek in the money.
And if nvidia does something you can pretend like you were going to lower the prices all along.

Add to that the zelots and amd stock holders that frequent forums and you get what you get.

>compacting a lot of transistors into a smaller chiplet gets a lot of degrees hotter.

It also dissipates a lot faster. Now at least people know why Intel is struggling to get to 10nm.

Intel, in their infinite greed, has brought this upon themselves. They shit upon their customers for too long. Now the customers do not mind the taste of poo and will get more of it for less from AMD.

> You have to admit that this launch wasn't good
Intel lost as much as they gained during conroe when zen 2 came out, face it retard intel lost and there's nothing you can do about it

Attached: chrome_DU5btJ1bjg.png (1095x830, 120K)

the launch was not good, in terms of hardware support, which was the mb manufacturer's fault for not testing better.

How is it AMD's fault when motherboard manufacturers fuck up. Ryzen 3700x worked just fine on my x470. I did a bios update before swapping it out and it just werked

they're so obvious it's cringy by now

Attached: behindthispostCLI.gif (120x160, 826)

I installed a 3600x in my computer last friday, and from my personnal experience, coupled with a cryorig H5 cooler, I can tell :

>got no bug (Asus x470 prime MB)
>4.2GHz on all cores @1.35V at about 75°C on stress tests (weather is very hot right now here though)
>idle goes from 35°C to about 50/55°C voltage from 0.9V to 1.44V (boost at 4.4GHz)
The boost keeps raising the temps at idle and it is probably too sensitive as it triggers for any minimal load, therefore high idle temps.

I haven't use the AMD cooler, but it's probably not enough performant for these CPUs.

Overall, I'm very satisfied. I went from a 6600k to a 3600x and I feel a huge difference : visual studio is smoother, games run better, etc... I hope AMD irons their boost algorythm out and I'll be fully happy with my purchase.

Intel lost 7% of the enthusiast market in 2 weeks, its not good for intel

incel users mad

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

If mindfactory.de is any indication for the general market, then Intel is going to get assraped.

Despite all the early adopter problems, within two weeks, the 3700X already sold 50% what the 9900k sold in ten months - and shit isn't slowing down for Ryzen, either.

the market for people building their own computers is incredibly tiny. they make at least an order of magnitude more revenue with OEM systems

who is he? post more

Mindshare is still important, though. If people demand Ryzen processors, OEM can't ignore the issue forever (unless Intel bribes them too well again).

I don't care about any of this bullshit, some AMD CPUs and graphic cards simply offer more value for money in many countries. Buying their latest hardware along with new motherboards just isn't it.

not poor but always supported amd for one reason. intel needed competition
if you dont understand that there there is no hope for you anyway

dont over paste shit
not saying you did but its just good advice. less is more

Shut up and buy intel stupid goyim

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

Works on my rig. Maybe stop listening to dumb fucks on reddit

shut the fuck up, communist bitch.

You have any issues with memory?

I'm going to try to scrape the Kryonaut off my existing CPU and try to reuse it. That paste is fucking expensive.

NO SIR BUY INTEL

Attached: 1544667387109.png (813x1402, 324K)

People usually get issues with memory on 1st gen boards (like b350) because they're generally shitty quality. He should be fine with x470.

I was just sick of intel stripping features and performance off their chips. The 4770k runs okay in my productivity workloads and the 8700k isnt performant enough for my needs.

I didn't want to run a 9900k on water just to get work done. The fact that i can have a smaller form factor pc with the 3900x and finally have access to the multithread numbers I've wanted is great.

I think people are hyping amd because for the first time on a while intel doesn't have a monopoly on cpus. No matter how you slice it amd having incredibly competetive offerings is good for everyone. If you're not going to buy amd then at least be glad chips like the 3700 and 3900x are forcing intel to release cheaper, more performant products.

Have you gotten used to the fan noise yet?

You are full of Shit. I upgraded from 1600x to 3600 on a cheap b350 mobo and everything works perfectly.

Max temp is 48c. Idle is 38 now that it's hot outside.

3200cl16 is cheap. You probably mean 3200cl14 which is expensive. But It still a shitty point as Intel also benefits from faster ram.

My 3600 performs on par with a 8700k for half the fucking cost. And I didn't have to get a new motherboard because of socket change.

Amd Fucked up on some points.but how is outselling Intel 4 to 1 a disaster?

>Idle is 38

Jesus Christ...

Don't forget
>lied about boost speed
>lied about PCIe Gen4 backwards compatibility for AM4, and then forced board makers to disable compatibility to sell $$$-as-fuck boards
>tried to milk goyim during the RX 5700 XT launch
>backtracked and was forced to drop prices when Nvidia released the RTX Supers
>Radeon tried to play it off like a brilliant strategic move even though it was a massive PR blunder for them
>literally zero difference between a 3700X and a 3800X, but costs almost a $100 more
>charges $50 more for the X
>unstable, buggy, power-hungry as fuck
Fuck AMD

>compatible with Zen out of the box
then never said this, they promised am4 socket support, which is true
>msi being a retard
ok

Nothing that you said is true.
They said they would keep AM4 so through bios updates it would be able to use newer CPUs
Where did you get that half of the people can't get it to work
And people who is running it hot is mostly not using default bios settings, they are trying to fuck with overclocking and voltages and end up getting all this shit up.

Works fine for me.

There's always faggots that'll bitch that they have a problem. That's what happens when you get big. Your product gets exposed to retards that aren't really supposed to have them.

>AMD's more core cores and threads still don't match Intel's performance.
You're right, they beat it.

t. University of Mumbai student

AMD never claimed older motherboards would be compatible out of the box, and anyone who did claim that or believe such a claim is retarded.

AMD's TDP numbers were accurate. The chips draw and dissipate about the same amount of wattage that their TDP numbers would suggest. They run hot and at high voltage because dumb motherboard manufacturers like to spike the voltage to ridiculous numbers with PBO/AOC/'GAME BOOST" or whatever the fuck they call it because they think it will help reach higher clocks, not understanding how PBO works in that it monitors not only voltage but also temperature and power draw to determine boost multipliers.

3200MHz CL16 is practically the same price as the shit you'd buy for Intel, the difference is a few dollars. Intel is never going to cut their prices far enough to compete directly because their shareholders won't let them.

Even on a 3900X the stock cooler only results in a loss of ~100MHz off the boost clock, and an even smaller percentage off of actual performance. But even if you replace the cooler on, for instance, the 3700X, you still come in cheaper than the 9700k even after the difference in the price of memory.

TL;DR OP is a retarded faggot and motherboard vendors are shit.

AMD are finally doing their job and keeping Intel and Nvidia honest.

Look at what those greedy fucks got up to the moment their main competitor started lagging behind in performance. Now im not saying AMD wouldnt do the same if they were ahead, but a restoration of balance is plenty enough to get hyped about.

Thermal grizzly is overpriced YouTube shilled paste.
Mx4, n1h1 or whatever is called from noctua is still good.

How much are they paying you?

>open web browser
>1.5v idle @ 60c

Attached: 1536714938852.png (623x808, 418K)

>Cinebech
>Gpu
Retarded shintel tripfag

Wht the fuck are intelfags are parroting idle temps as some kind of an indicator? It mostly depends on a fan curve.

If he is paid or not it doesn't matter. Everything in the OP has nothing to do with AMD. AMD just kept the socket compatible, its up to the motherboard manufactures to update their shit properly for it to work.

That would be true normally, but Zen 2's idle power is so high that even people with over-fast fan curves are reporting idle temperatures substantially in excess of ambient.

Somebody on Jow Forumsamd posted a screenshot that showed 35 W package power at idle. Two whole laptops!

strange, user. I haven't had any of those issues.

Attached: 3700X 4.350 1.32V.jpg (4032x1959, 2.53M)

>Minimum package power starts with a 2 (at least)
>Just farting around on the internet
>"no problems"

I only buy Intel but I'm fine with amd dominating if it means Intel will attempt to compete

Attached: 1560090392699.jpg (401x245, 86K)

9900k idles at 15W. 15W vs 21W is not really a big difference.

it's largely true, motherboard vendors are lazy as shit

and intel would rather eat shit for the next few years than cut prices, shareholders will cling to the hope that the next model will retake marketshare at high prices while the company throws some of its war chest around buying friends it couldn't keep naturally

you know what kind of AMD fan I am? I didnt buy a new processor since phenom II because I don't care for intel and AMD had no more compelling options until zen+, but only now that it's like $130 for a 2600

ryzen 3000 is a shitshow and all the people saying "just buy a b450 board and put a 3900x in it" are smooth brain fucks

like yeah it performs great if you can get it to work but it's like a 50/50 deal.

I'm sure it'll smooth out with bios updates but I would not touch zen2 with someone else's dick until then.

Q6600 was released in 2007
7700k was released in 2017
That's why

>Idle is 38

Attached: wjbcV6L.png (504x398, 309K)

Actually I start to think it was all AMD fault to begin with. Aggressive voltage behaviour coming from binary microcode to make more expensive units look better. Can't wait till all those tech illiterate retards who jumped from Intel and probably don't even realize that their CPU idles at 1.5V start crying about fried hardware in a year or two.

>Literally a sticky in AMD subreddit about investigating CPUs being permanently stuck at high voltages
>Thousands of complains on forums of basically every mobo manufacturer out there
>It's muh shills!
How come AMD is literally the only company unable to take even the tiniest amount of blame.

>reddit
opinion discarded

There is clearly something fucked up with bios from MSI or microcode from AMD. My 3700x was idling at 60 degrees Celsius and stuck at 1.5v in desktop while never reaching promised single core 4.4 boost clocks. Downgraded to 3600 and it works just fine. 30-40 degrees idle. Voltages fluctuating between 1 and 1.35 volt, boost clock working. I suspect those CPUs from a physical point of view are completely the same minus core count so AMD pushes retarded amounts of voltages in their very limiting, automated oc settings.

These are okay temps, especially during summer.

Then Intel done fucked up too, cause 4570k idles at 4 W.

>move cursor
>1.5v 80c
LMAO

>prefers monopoly
>calls others communist
retard

Don't type too fast, your CPU might overheat.

>b-but it's way cheaper than Intel
(lol

With Intel you only buy the expensive CPU, most Intel motherboards have many price tiers.

With X570, AMD have more expensive mobos than Intel and you have to fork more shekels for special gook RAM.

this happens every amd generation on here.

>kryonaut
FOUND YOU FUCKING PROBLEM.
Literally get Nocuta NT-H1 or MX-4, both are TONS more cheaper and actually perform better.
Kryonaut is literally a scam, worse performance for 4 times the cost.

Attached: kryonaut is good goy, just buy more of it, surely it was user error, try another 20 applications.jpg (2096x5376, 2.34M)

No, I haven't. I just used an auto option, and my memory runs at its advertised speed. The memory is corsair LPX 3200MHz CL16.

My shitty B350 board supports Ryzen 3000, so as far as I'm concerned I wasn't lied to.

Fan noise of what? The chipset? Don't need to, got the gigabyte extreme mate.

Keep preaching, kryonaut hater-kun. The Germans don't deserve our euros.

Attached: 1556145998306.jpg (386x573, 74K)

I just paid $30 for the giant tube, if it sucks oh well. I still have a giant tube of Arctic Silver 5 that I still use rom 10 years ago, it's kinda brownish now but still works.

>I just paid $30 for the giant tube, if it sucks oh well. I still have a giant tube of Arctic Silver 5 that I still use rom 10 years ago, it's kinda brownish now but still works.
Be sure to do a well controlled test of BEFORE and AFTER.
So we will then know how it stacks up against arctic silver 5.
This might be useful info user.

Yeah my 3700X temp spikes just sat doing nothing, but drops straight away, there isn't a lot of heat in there, it's just small and the energy density is high.

The amount of straight up misinformation being thrown around is staggering.