If you're one of the few sad individuals who still run Firefox...

If you're one of the few sad individuals who still run Firefox, and found recently that dragging and dropping from browser to explorer has stopped working, then know that this happened because of another worthless update that no one asked for. You can't drag from firefox to explorer/desktop; if you download and archive and open it through firefox download manager, you won't be able to drag anywhere from your archive manager program either.

Here is the thread with smug firefox devs replying it works for me:

support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1264292

In short: the fix is to add the -no-deelevate flag to the firefox shortcut, so that the Target field looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -no-deelevate

No need to thank me.

Attached: mozilla.jpg (643x482, 24K)

>retard running as administrator with UAC disabled
>firefox tries to protect you from your own stupidity
>go out of your way to make sure it launches in an unsecure way

>drag and drop from firefox to desktop
Who the fuck does this

I don't, but I do drag from 7zip to a directory open in explorer.

UAC is garbage that does not protect you. Firefox does nothing but degrade the experience.

>firefox improves its sandboxing and security
>retard op runs it as administrator and wonders why shit is broken

kys

I've been running shit as administrator for almost two decades without issues.

>.exe
Who could have guessed it was a Windows user.

Attached: smug fufufu satania.jpg (255x292, 28K)

literally says so in the post

It's that or the GTK file picker

>using windows
there's your problem you fucking mong

Attached: he he he.jpg (560x432, 70K)

>UAC is garbage that does not protect you
This was true in Vista but is not at all true any more. Modern UAC does quite a lot to protect you, and disabling it also disables a lot of Windows' virtualization and sandboxing protections. You're definitely better off keeping it on.
>I've been running shit as administrator for almost two decades without issues.
That you know of. Bet you have like three different viruses at this point and you just think you're clean because they aren't announcing their presence to you and whatever shitty antivirus you use doesn't have them in its database.

Same reason I keep using Firefox: it served me well in the past. It will take more to get me to switch.

I bet I don't. What are we betting?

like needing to do actual work?
ps video gayms are not work

>What are we betting?
If you win I'll let you give me your virginity

is that the best you can offer

>dragging and dropping from browser to explorer
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this.

>UAC is garbage that does not protect you.
retard click on yes on everything that appears on his face

>Op's wife
darling I want to suck a nigger cock
>Op
Yes

Jesus christ this nigga disables UAC

I bet he doesn't get security updates either because he fell for the meme

>Smug firefox devs replying it works for me
It also works for me. Motherfuckers being helpful and you answer like an autistic tumblrina.

>drag and drop instead of right click -> save
>.exe
Literally kys.

It's an update that wasn't asked for and breaks the functionality for me.

>like an autistic tumblrina
???

/thread

right click -> save is objectively worse since you have the dir already open in explorer and don't have to navigate to it (or paste its path) in file explorer dialog with drag/drop.

People like you are the reason why devs have decided users are too dumb to make their own decisions when it comes to security so they just force enable everything now.

>you have a choice to use this security feature we made
>but if you choose not to use it, we will force you to use it

Attached: aaaa.jpg (326x499, 27K)

>>Op's wife
>darling I want to suck a nigger cock
>>Op
>Yes
kek, based dubs

>needing to do actual work
>switching to anything but Linux

Attached: well memed pepe.jpg (803x688, 141K)

Fucked up, meant Windows.

Attached: sad semi smug.jpg (887x498, 70K)

Works for me
>Windows
Ewww

>you have the dir already open
I don't, why the fuck would I? Everything downloaded should go to the downloads folder. Drag-drop is inconvenient as fuck and won't work over 90% of time because most shit is click to download.
>explorer
>implying I'm a wintard

>Everything downloaded should go to the downloads folder
Do you not believe in having things sorted or something?

Firefox somehow corrupted my profile during an update not once, but twice in the past year. Fuck trannyfox.

You can sort things manually once, instead of doing it every time you download something.

You drag and drop from Firefox downloads dialog after the file has been downloaded.

Sounds good, doesn't work. Enjoy your folders spilling over.

>windows

Not OP, but I always disable UAC. It's one of the first things I always do on a Windows installation.
I've yet to come across a single problem caused by me doing that.

And you were retarded enough not to make a backup of your profile or at least the most important parts of it, so fuck (You) too, fren.

Brainlet here. I do this thing every time I install Windows and have done so for more than a decade. Apparently though this is not fully disabling UAC, because I've done what OP suggested on latest firefox and it's working fine without any arguments added. I can drag and drop images and anything else from the browser. Am I missing something?

Attached: UAC.png (746x553, 17K)

>If you're one of the few sad individuals who still run Firefox, and found recently that dragging and dropping from browser to explorer has stopped working
it works for me on latest stable

>windows
>GTK file picker
and why it even be a problem for saving

are you running the process as administrator? if you're running as administrator with no UAC, that's what causes the issue apparently.

>t. GNU/lincucks user

Nope, running Firefox normally.

Basically from what I'm reading, with UAC disabled anything runs as administrator. That's kinda retarded. I like having to use "run as administrator" when it's needed.

Well that, and the slider all the way down only stops notifications, but doesn't run shit as administrator by default.

I mark urls and drag them into the tab bar to quickly create a new tab at a precise location.
I drag tabs/links from one browser into another. Yes, that actually works.
I dragged the image attached to this post from file explorer onto the file selection button.
I can see the use-case of creating a desktop shortcut to a website by dragging the favicon of the current page there. It's certainly a more scriptable way of managing bookmarks than using the built-in function.

These features are comfy as fuck, just like middle- or right-clicking the back button. I'm fucking glad that there's standardized APIs here and anything (either browser or OS) that doesn't support them needs to die. It's the bare minimum needed for good browsing.

Attached: 1427654654124.jpg (550x448, 63K)

What kind of a retard runs as an administrator with UAC disabled? You should be banned from using the Internet altogether, boomer

Attached: XPGold.jpg (1360x768, 468K)

FUD. Nothing bad happens. You're either paid to peddle this shit or mindlessly repeat it.

>t. winXP user running as administrator with IE6 and ActiveX with flash enabled

/thread

Dude, just stop.
There's fun shitposting and then there's chlorine crystals levels of shitposting.

I know man, these idiots. Who doesn't have unprotected sex with every stranger

I've been running Win7 with UAC disabled since it was released. I honestly don't see your point. It clearly works well, since I'm here talking to you after all these years with nothing bad happening to me.

...That you know of...

>you have a virus that has absolutely no effect on what you do with a computer and your life in general and had no effect for all those years you've been using your computer but it's like hiding and that's like bad trust me i know you're infected
it's that argument again

>i know because i don't know
it's that argument again

I know because there was negative effect for a prolonged duration.

>I havent gotten a virus yet (that I know of) so it's a good idea to continue using bad security practices
It's that argument agai