>are familiar with APIs
fuck business majors

>Salary 40k

I could easily handle all of that but they won't believe me. :/

thank you globalism

>relocation is a compulsory or mandatory option
>or
What did they mean by this
Besides that, half of that list is trivial bullshit, the rest you can learn by 10 minutes reading online.
Looks like something for a complete brainlet who can't tell their ass from their arms. Wouldn't even apply

>60k year
>work like a slave
>meanwhile the lowest level jew makes 300k in the stock market with fake electronic money

Based Jow Forums masterrace

>modern mvvmmvc frameworks
>angular
>jquery
>node
>grunt
I don't even

they won't allow the hire to work from india.

The person who wrote this has no idea what they are looking for

Why didn’t I get a PhD in math, bros

Attached: 4C249EF8-41F2-4E6F-82C3-AD5552C6405E.jpg (311x362, 30K)

But why or?
It's 10pm here and I'm getting tired, so maybe I'm just confused, but what did they mean by or?

>spring boot, restful
yes
>QC tools
yes
>"expert"
Wouldn't same I'm an expert but I know Angular pretty well
>Healthcare background excellent knowledge of relational etc.
I don't have healthcare background but know relational db technologies and hibernate pretty well
>ensure the best possible
Everyone just says yes
>identify bottlenecks and bugs
done bug fixing and dev work on enterprise applications
>experience in agile
yes
>excellent comms skills
yeah sending e-mails and talking to customers is easy
>XP programming
the fuck is that
>servers apps etc.
yes
>familiar with API's
yes
>skilled with linux kernel memory management
I use linux but honestly no.
>Understand users and reqs
yes
>Understanding of agile development methods
yes
>develops program logic
yes
>codes, tests etc.
yes
>analysis of reqs etc.
yes
>ensure system improves are successfully implemented
yes
>should have progressing skills in SWENG
yes
>BA skills
yes
>BA in CS
yes
>Knowlege of JS, React etc
yes, JS, JAVA SQL, Python
>High-level attention
yeah sure
>work in a team or ind.
yes
>relocation compulsory
nah fuck that, WFH or bust

You get most of these skills in a year or so in any dev job.

If I lived in a place where job requirements are like that, I'd just go flip burgers and write my own apps and programs afer work. Human is not meant to be abused like that, imagine that for every of these requirements, you'll probably have an obligation at work.

Absolutely.
Looks like it was made by an HR monkey.

What is the job title, Computer Person? This whole thing reads like some HR retard copy-pasted a bunch of lists they read one time together.

this has to be fake lmao

Pretty much. HR roasties are cancerous to the job market.

It's for like a 40k job on indeed in nyc.

>modern javascript mv frameworks
>jquery
>nodejs

There was some full stack temp posting near me that sounded reasonable at first but as you read more essentially required you to be a master across all programming disciplines. Probably some Indian company over promised a project and needs you to literally fix the entire thing.

Just get a security clearance bro, $$$ ez pz

How absurd. Who the fuck is in charge of this shit

>nyc with 40k
so you either live in a closet with 3 other rats or spend 2 hours in commute.

>bunch of web shit and memes
>"skilled in working with linux kernel, scheduler, mem management, device drivers"
I'm sure a node + react dev needs these skills.

Attached: 1530336884599.png (120x118, 17K)

capitalism is a fuck

Programming is probably one of the worst fields to work in. It doesn't even count as a career because your knowledge doesn't compound in value. If you are using technology A (e.g. Javascript) and there exist similar technologies B, C and even D that are less popular, but for some reason A falls out of use. Your experience with A is considered irrelevant. Say B becomes the dominant technology for whatever field (say backend web development), you have to relearn it and are competition with people who are already way ahead of you.

Programming also has no barriers to entry unlike law, medicine or engineering. In fact people in those fields can move over to programming with 6 months of education. You're also in a field that can be outsourced super easily and you're in competition with all the talent across the world. In countries like India, Russia and China.

You're forced to lie or else the 85 IQ HR retard will assume you aren't suited for the job.

Yeah.
What do I do now though?

Rajeev (PMP) will monitor your every move and will sideline you as soon as his cousins Nilesh, Pajeet, and Kortesh get their H1Bs approved

Milk it for all it's worth for now. Move to management or become self employed.

don't companies make these ridiculous job postings so they can claim they can't find anyone qualified which allows them to import a pajeet to do it instead?

Yes. It wouldn't be a bad idea to sue these companies for discrimination.

In this context solo gamedev patreon spam actually seems like the better option.

This is kinda normal, cause it goes like this.

>Company needs X amount of people with skills n..
>HR monkey with no technical background just write "need 1337 programmer" with skills n..
>Just in hope they scare the newbies away
>Even though the demand in skills is ridiculous

In reality you just need half of them or just be able to learn them.

Is it even humanly possible to be skilled in a meaningful way in all those fields?

That's what full stack means

I've gone into interviews like this where I only spoke to a guy who doesn't even program.
I tell them honestly I can learn it all easily and I know more than half of the things for what was listed as an entry level job.
Telling these people that you can learn it easily never helps.

>Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies program logic in existing applications

Lie?

Attached: 1535263217084.png (306x306, 127K)

It's basically Java and JS, most likely for a lead position.

once you understand how HR works it's clear
they asked the people in the department, "what kind of skills are relevant to the job" and then put literally all of them on the listing even though all of the skills came from probably 10 different people doing different things

its why you should be low inhib and apply to listings even if you aren't a perfect match, you aren't expected to match all of the requirements not even close

Should you lie on interviews? What if they ask you to write an example on a board? I've had that happen before.

I'm a union construction worker with a bachelor's in CyberSec/Network administration. I know Python, C++ and had some certs (they're expired now). I actually called a potential employer on their shit saying their "entry level" job had more advanced requirements than some of the highest level jobs, and that I'm more than qualified for whatever they have in mind. I actually got an interview and they offered me a job. To the tune of $41k per year with no benefits or vacation until year 5.

And thus I still I work construction for $77k/ year and 6 weeks paid vacation + 10 sick days. I drive a dozer now, so I don't even have to break my back

No. See: Entry level 40k job in NYC

Yes with some experience and just learn them.
Learned Spring boot and React in 2 months it isn't that difficult.

>Is a programmer easily replaceable
Yes and no.
Know a lot of programmers who know like ancient technologies from back in the .com boom.
Who make hella amount of money.
Cause they are one of the few that still know them and how to update them to modern standards.

And if you are bad you are always replaceable like in any field be it a broker or a cleaning lady.

Best way is to actually create valuable software that the company needs and you are very knowledgeable about and you implemented.

You should lie.
Look at job specifications and think can i learn this in a few weeks.
And work on it before they notice.
Lot of people do it.
And you get experience any way.

This

In the situation where you're being interviewed by someone who doesn't actually program and they've put a ridiculous list of things for requirements, what's the likelihood of getting asked to whiteboard it? I've never been in such interviews so I wouldn't know.

>codes
Wouldn't even get a CV from me.

how can you survive on 40k in nyc, is that one of those listings where they just have to prove they cant hire anybody so they get to hire somebody from india to use as a slave

>studying math for jobs chances not for interest

If I want a sysadmin job. Should I just apply for a devop job instead?

It seems to pay 50% more, for basically the same thing. Except you don't have to deal with tech illiterate people.

Attached: 1521670275448.jpg (640x560, 59K)

>Anno dommini
>Being a programmer in the USA

>Meanwhile in yuropoostan
>No pajeets or rajieds in IT
>50k entry

Attached: 1562480513468.jpg (580x472, 62K)

They basically expect you to make a perfect diagram like the one in their hands. Yes this has happened to me.

it's easier to get a job in the usa and the pay is higher, but you have to be willing to relocate

Where I'm from they have an interview with recruiter then second round with some of their devs and back to recruiter who just parrots what ever the devs said.

>XP programming

I think they are referring to the Xtreme Programming methodology, which is agile but looks like a fucking nightmare to manage in bigger projects/companies.

Fuck no i got better offers and pay in Malaysia or Munich Germany.

objectively wrong, and to a ludicrous degree. maybe it's true if you're incompetent but even then I doubt it.

What is even the point of extreme programming?

Just apply anyway.

That's fucking infuriating holy shit

>Malaysia
>Junior level
>60k
>Monthly living expenses are 350 dollars
>qt maly-chinese waifus everywhere

Attached: John_duke_of_burgundy.jpg (220x242, 11K)

Can't forget my favorite:
>Must have 10 years experience with a technology that has only existed for 3 years

Attached: 06e.jpg (1024x798, 61K)

I've noticed that an absurd amount of time is spent deciding, managing and explaining programming methodologies and lifecycles in companies, which is ironic since they're supposed to save you time and make your life easier. I once witnessed a conversation between 1 project owner and 3 developers that went on for 40 minutes on which t-shirt size (startup name for "expected duration") of a ticket.

>"well umm... you see user... in this part *here* your arrows are going in the opposite direction"
>"Do you want me to draw a UML diagram? I can do that if you want"
>".... umm can you just draw the microservice from left to right?"
>"left to... you mean like from frontend to backend or-"
>"nonono like the left side is... uhh"

job general? i got html, css, javascript, and php down after like 8 months of killing myself. think im ready to start applying yet?

Better learn some backend languages.
Like Scala, Java, C#

I've been through that shit. I had an hr interviewer ask me to write a program that gets the square root of 2. I used a continued fraction method and she was like ok but can you do it the standard way, and then I did it some other way, and she was like no I need you to do it in the standard way. and I tried to figure out what she meant and then she said ok if you don't know the standard way let's just move on.

What if you just don't know how to do that with a low time complexity?
Why does that question even matter when it comes to if you can make software or not?

it was actually for a trader job but yea I have no idea what they were doing getting an hr with no stem background asking that kind of shit

Simple they need to make themselves seem useful and necessary.

This! While I'm sure having a good understanding of system level and host level subjects is helpful for backend development. Asking for shit like Kernel development or driver development just for web shite is fucking absurd. I bet this is just one of those job postings they create with the intention of it going unfilled just so they can apply for an H1B visa for it.

Attached: 1547170540075m.jpg (1024x498, 42K)

Fucking kek! This is too true unfortunately.

Attached: 1553604940269.jpg (600x358, 47K)

Funny thing, you can probably bullshit this interview just as badly as they bullshit the job description to scare away NEETs

nah, they don't want to hire anybody they just want to have proof that they couldn't fill the listing so they can get visa allowances

You wouldn't want this job though.

You wouldn't want ANY software dev job unless you started your own company. I'd rather work at McDonald's than code for 8 hours a day for a project I don't give a shit about just to make some corporate suits a ton of money.

You wouldn't want this job even compared to other software jobs though.

>apply for entry level position
>hr guy seemingly absent-minded
>goes through interview without even making eye contact with me

It's been two weeks. Why even post a job offer you fucks.

usually out of due process. they maybe even already had somebody in mind before they even made the posting but somebody said "well go and see if there's anybody better first, that's policy"

>50k entry
Is that supposed to be good?

Attached: salary.png (871x811, 61K)

It's a meme from fraud hucksters like Ron Jeffries and Uncle Bob.
One pattern you'll notice is that their careers are mainly being development metholodgy evangelists and not having any significant projects to their name, unlike say Linus or Fabrice Bellard or DJB.

Eh yes cause it increases every year.
You can earn 200k once you hit senior level

*while the equivalent position in the usa earns 400k+

Here in the Netherlands nobody is going to pay you 200k ever.

Show me.
Cause i know embedded engineers who earn 300k - 350k.

What's the correct way to answer the "Why do you want to work here" question? Like what the fuck

In Munich or Berlin they do.

another user already posted data about the well known fact that usa salaries are much higher. you're the one who needs to prove that isn't true. which you can't do because it's really fucking far from true.

The right answer is because I'm a female.

This?
Not impressed.

Internship I'm looking at for new students

Attached: 1539239760515.png (965x500, 88K)

meanwhile you've posted NOTHING
if you had done any amount of effort to disprove the extremely well known fact that the usa outpays everyone in tech I would bother spending 5 seconds on google to show you that you're wrong in all your claims, but yea since you can't even do that, why bother

Link?

>What is a paragraph

lol what the fuck is this formatting. Dont they care how this makes their company look?

>written by a wannabe paralegal