Ever since I've landed my programming job...

Ever since I've landed my programming job, I've been stressed as fuck constantly over deadlines and I've been taking Xanax for the past week. What the fuck should I do?

Attached: 1563163000259.jpg (900x873, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WjBIqnTC1nk
biblestudytools.com/isaiah/passage/?q=isaiah 40:28-31
biblestudytools.com/romans/8-28.html
biblestudytools.com/2-corinthians/passage/?q=2-corinthians 12:9-10
skepticsannotatedbible.com/2kg/2.html
skepticsannotatedbible.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efficacy_of_prayer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_on_intercessory_prayer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Take more, clearly they aren’t working

this. throw some drinks in with that bud (:
should lift your mood in no time

youtube.com/watch?v=WjBIqnTC1nk

u r gay if you can't take more than one xanax at a time OP
know this dude, he beats gyppos daily, but his cousin invites him to this yearly poor party, and since he likes to have his driving licence, he doesn't drink alcohol, so he takes 10 xannies over the course of 4-6 hours to keep calm and sociable

We told you not to fall for that meme. Also lower expectations just enough to get a lower workload without getting fired. If it makes you feel better there's probably multiple women in your office doing a quarter of your work and getting paid twice as much for it

>If it makes you feel better there's probably multiple women in your office doing a quarter of your work and getting paid twice as much for it
why would knowing that women have strictly easier lives make him feel better

dialate

Working people up over it might spark an uprising

Program yourself to be less stressed.

Attached: 1558599807134.jpg (359x347, 66K)

>Ever since I've landed my programming job, I've been stressed as fuck constantly over deadlines and I've been taking Xanax for the past week. What the fuck should I do?
Bro, why the fuck are you takin xanax. Wouldn't it interfere with you getting work done cause you are too chilled out

Attached: C2gHWWeaj0qcHBpb50GmOS2hHuoYczruWGPvO31ZCAI.jpg (1422x786, 203K)

Stop caring. Nobody else does.

luke is right but fuck him videogames are ok in moderation

>Ever since I've landed my programming job, I've been stressed as fuck constantly over deadlines and I've been taking Xanax for the past week. What the fuck should I do?
Don't take Xanax and work your ass of to get everything done on time, occasionally abit a head of schedule.
Your first 12-18 months are going to suck and you should feel like your pants are always on fire. Haul ass and getr done, cause this is the time when you make a name and reputation for yourself. After you established work cred and proven your worth, you can chill a bit and slow down because now people are going to trust you more and you are going to have more of a say and control over your work pace.

Attached: rooms-with-undergrads-who-make-more-than-he-did-his-27669166.png (500x720, 123K)

If I don't take it I just stare at my screen to fucking stressed out to even concentrate. I just feel a constant pressure in my chest and I don't even fucking know why. It gets infinitely worse when I think about the shit I need to do, and at that point I feel dysfunctional and I legit cannot think properly and I get defeatist and I just want to cry sometimes. Call me a faggot or whatever, it's just how I feel, and I resorted to Xanax lately because I cannot fucking take it anymore. I'm a fucking dysfunctional failure.

Good wagie

Nothing calms me. I have no other means of advancing myself. There is no fall back for me. Either I'm a good wage slave or I'll be on the street and ignored more than literal garbage.

Attached: matisse.jpg (537x828, 397K)

It's going to get way worse and end very badly if you continue with the xanax.

>I just feel a constant pressure in my chest and I don't even fucking know why. It gets infinitely worse when I think about the shit I need to do, and at that point I feel dysfunctional and I legit cannot think properly and I get defeatist and I just want to cry sometimes.
Also seek and accept Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and only way to God Almighty. Not even kidding. Sounds like some demon things and other entities are after you and trying to make it hell for you to get ahead. Does it feel like as if the whole world is somehow moving against you sometimes? Yea, that's the stuff your basic bitch churches never bother teaching you but there are things out there that specifically seek out and target people and give em hell.

I'm this guy btw

I don't know how to fucking stop.
I feel like I'm driving insane. I thought landing a job would solve my anxiety problems of feeling like I am a failure, but holy fucking shit I cannot take it. I have a fucking problem and i don't know how to stop it. What the fuck guys...

Now that I look at that meme again someone really needs to take out the wife fucking thing, that's not Biblical.

Shit sucks

look into propranolol.
thank me later user.

Find Jesus Christ and get right with God. I used to have the same insane problem. Always terrified and anxious and freaking out.
Also took Xanax but that stuff is bad news man, get of it and never take it again, Xanax will fuck up your brain wiring big time. Drugs are not the answer.

Once you get right with the Lord and pray for protection and blessing, all those beings that torment you can no longer lay siege to your mind and your mental state. Seriously man, I strongly urge you to seek Jesus Christ. Helped me tremendously and overwhelmingly better than xanax or other drugs like propranolol. I know Lord Jesus Christ and that I'm good with God and he loves me and I have peace of mind and focus like I never had before.

Attached: 1560952204297.jpg (576x768, 76K)

fuck off religionfag

based

op, is a specific project making you anxious ? What exactly are you worried about? Do you lack knowledge/exp to get the job done so your brains slacks it to prolong the anticipated failure? xplain more

Power through it until you have enough money to go off the grid and be NEET for the rest of your life

biblestudytools.com/isaiah/passage/?q=isaiah 40:28-31

Stop taking it an get rid of it. Shit's as bad as opiates. I kept taking more and more to deal with the same shit and eventually started blacking out while on it. You end up doing shit you wouldn't have ever done if you were lucid. Usually, this is where get in trouble and end up in jail or a psych lockup. Trust me, dealing with that shit and the normal shit (you're using the pills for) is far worse.

I don't think it has anything to do with my job in particular. I've had this problem for school, for minor jobs, for things I need to attend, even for things I wanna do in my free time. I feel constantly anxious. It drives me insane. I thought one of the reasons I felt that way is the guilt of being jobless. Now that I have a job, it's worse and I have deadlines for shit. I don't know how to get out of this shit.

based

People said psylocibin mushrooms would help me with depression but the effervescence and no anxiety was only there during the trip.

Attached: 234234221.jpg (459x545, 50K)

I was the same.It's autism, and it'll slowly fade with age. All of my nervous habits and rage have faded to barely anything.

Benzos have the worst withdrawal of any drug I've tried, it's worse than cigarettes, although I don't know about heroin or opoids, because I haven't had those withdrawals. I only took ativan (lorazepam) for about a week, although I kept uping my dose and ended at 2mg, then the next week was like hell when I decided to quit. My heart felt like it was pumping molasses and it was very difficult to fall asleep. If you're going to take something every day probably the best thing is nicotine, but not tobacco, either vape or get patches, gum, or lozenges. But the longer you stay on it the worse the nicotine withdrawals will get, other than that you could try kratom, but probably take it max of 2 days in a row.

I used to smoke but stopped cold turkey. I feel very guilty for taking Xanax. I feel fucking powerless in my life man. Fucking everything. I'm sick of this shit. I just want inner peace.

>What the fuck should I do?
I'd suggest not taking Xanax would be a good first step.
Not like these two are suggesting.
It's not a multivitamin, it's an anti-depressant. Better yet, quit the job which requires you to take any sort of drug in order to handle it.

i say bad father figure, time to visit a shrink

Amen.
Shame on those who recommend slaving substances instead of addressing the anxiety itself & its roots!!

>I just feel a constant pressure in my chest and I don't even fucking know why.
Go to the ER and stop self medicating you buffoon. Do you want to give yourself a heart attack on top of having a job you clearly can't handle and hate?

My entire family is a family of psychopath and I took the first opportunity to get away from them. Abused psychologically ever since I'm little, in the middle of a divorce, psychotic sister that gave me hell, everyone expecting me to change the world or some shit and guilt tripping me when I didn't manage to get it right.

I need a psych. But I'm too cowardly to get one. And it costs a lot.

this

Attached: 523ezaon9b921.jpg (675x675, 91K)

Fuck off with this stupid shit. If God was really in all this, why would did he make him suffer so much for the high crime of having a job? Huh? This is no answer at all and fuck you for even suggesting this medieval bullshit to someone clearly in need.

based and redpilled

Attached: 1555889763691.jpg (1280x1747, 640K)

biblestudytools.com/romans/8-28.html

Fuck off with this contradicting bullshit. He doesn't need an ancient bullshit book, he needs professional help.
I mean, here's your God sending bears to kill 42 boys for the high crime of making bald jokes. Yeah...
>2 Kings 2:23-24, “Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.”

There's nothing you can do. Seek therapy and eventually a less stressful job, but that's pretty much it.

Welcolme to capitalism.

He is in need of a straight solution to his anxiety, NOT to a slaving substance that will make him feel better while his problems are left untouched.

*Welcome

I don't quite understand what you're saying. But either way, this is how it is:

Have sex. Sex relieves anxiety.

listen, u obvsly have deep down issues, i suggest you visit a professional, a knot cannot untie itself, u need some help.I went through something similar, took me to hell and back, still struggling.With the right mental tools and(maybe) the right meds you can get through the hardest shit out there, you just need a nudge in the right direction.Help yourself op, before you end up ded or worse, an empty shell

they were a gang of thieves that held the prophet of god in contempt. smug intentional misreadings of a translation don't have any bearing on reality.

I haven't had sex in ages and I refuse to install grindr to have sex with HIV-ridden old faggots. I admit it would be nice to have a boyfriend or at least sex i don't know.

Americans can't afford to go to the doctor to get a prescription for that, user.

Attached: 1482809481759.jpg (259x206, 13K)

imagine being this much of a retarded faggot atheist kid

>Fuck off with this stupid shit. If God was really in all this, why would did he make him suffer so much for the high crime of having a job? Huh?
Not everything that happens in this world is because of God, so please get out of that rather naive mentality. God gave many different beings free will, that's his gift, his word. And since God can't cross himself and his own word he doesn't trample on anyones free will. It's a shame some chose to use it to do bad and evil. Don't you think the Devil had free will when he made his choices? He still has free will, alongside with many other human beings and various other beings, lifeforms and entities that choose to follow the Devil and work with him.
Don't blame God because some chose to use his free gifts and blessings for wrong. But guess what, we all know the punishment for crossing God.

biblestudytools.com/2-corinthians/passage/?q=2-corinthians 12:9-10

Attached: 1556226113264.png (924x560, 48K)

are you me?

>they were a gang of thieves that held the prophet of god in contempt. smug intentional misreadings of a translation don't have any bearing on reality.
Here's the whole text. Die.
skepticsannotatedbible.com/2kg/2.html
I don't care about your bullshit interpretation of a bullshit book - either say something that helps OP or don't. It's never justified to kill children and certainly not by a God no matter what bullshit excuses anyone makes. Also stop derailing.

>skepticsannotatedbible.com
oh what a surprise

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah fucking blah. Same goes for you - say something that helps OP or just don't post. Word salads and apologetics don't help.

>It's never justified to kill children
I doubt you even believe that yourself let alone are trying to push it on others. if there was a child threatening your life for no reason and you had to kill the child to defend yourself with no other possibilities you wouldn't hesitate.

>Be Romanian
>Hang around with the town rapist
>???
>Profit

Why even pay taxes?

Based.

>Die
what if you replied to a child?

Haha epic meme reply bro, your God is totally looking out for OP. I'm not a psychopath, so maybe I won't understand, but how do you sleep at night spouting this bullshit to people? I mean, you may not care about a random person on Jow Forums, but I hope you don't tell this to your friends and family when they're in need.

I will pray for you.

Talk about not derailing...

>Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah fucking blah. Same goes for you - say something that helps OP or just don't post. Word salads and apologetics don't help.
I'm just telling the truth of my experience. I've tried all sorts of tricks and study and work strategies before turning to Xanax, Propranolol and there was another one I also used to take. You can't use the world to solve the problems that the world creates.

"They condemn what they do not understand."

Attached: chbfmm11ar031.jpg (1428x960, 63K)

you asked a question about the bible and I answered. you were the one looking to start bringing up straw men about bible mistranslations.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efficacy_of_prayer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_on_intercessory_prayer

acceptance is relaxation

>My entire family is a family of psychopath and I took the first opportunity to get away from them. Abused psychologically ever since I'm little, in the middle of a divorce, psychotic sister that gave me hell, everyone expecting me to change the world or some shit and guilt tripping me when I didn't manage to get it right.
OP, you will definitely need counseling of sorts. Now or later but however first you need to take steps in order that you perform and keep your job.
How is your sleep schedule?
Do you eat healthy or moderately healthy?
Do you do some sort of exercise regularly, even maybe walk 20-30 minutes a day?

Strongly urge this And even if don't feel scared about approaching God for fear of him because this person very succinctly answered your concern. God's grace is enough and he understands perfectly well our shortcomings and failures as well as the true, real true reasons for why we all come short and fail the way we do.

Lastly I think you should checkout a psychotherapist if you can and see whether your focus problem can be currently helped with taking some ADHD meds. Stay away from Ritalin.
Your job insurance should cover therapist appointment as well as help you with medication cost.

It's hyperventilation. You breath too hastily due to stress. Had the same issue. Was prescribed a breathing exercises by a physio therapist. It works but I started psychotherapy for the underlying cause: stress.

>How is your sleep schedule?
>Do you eat healthy or moderately healthy?
>Do you do some sort of exercise regularly, even maybe walk 20-30 minutes a day?
I sleep alright but tired constantly. I make myself sandwiches a lot. I don't do a lot of exercises.

I've never been diagnosed with ADHD and I already feel bad for taking meds. I just feel guilty. I'm also not sure my job will do jack shit for me. I'm just scared user. I believe in destiny and a great beyond, but not in the christian sense so what you say still kinda resonates to me even if I don't share your faith. I just wanna get somewhere. I just want inner peace. This is a nightmare. I can't believe I'm on Jow Forums crying like a faggot about all this shit. This is just too hard.

Programming is a meme. Quit it and do something else.

Don't drink coffee and don't eat added sugars.
Stopping drinking coffee got rid of my crippling anxiety.
Running works great for relieving anxiety too, I run almost every day.
Check The Mind Illuminated by Culadasa, there's a plebbit group about it.

Attached: 1563465661108.jpg (1200x630, 73K)

It's hyperventilation. You breath too hastily due to stress. Had the same issue it caused chest pressure and pains. Was prescribed a breathing exercises by a physio therapist. It works but I started psychotherapy for the underlying cause: stress.

It didn't really work in time and now I have been diagnosed with severe burnout and exhaustion. It's been 2 months on health insurance medical leave now. I finally start to get more energy.

I also took alprozelam but only to sleep when I couldn't. Don't exaggerate with the benzos OP.

The thing that MASSIVELY helped me recover is daily exercise. "Get exercise" might sound cliche, but it is so true. I was a sedentary office chair potato, 14 hours behind a screen. Humans aren't made for that. Take care and get well soon.

Attached: 1559826732773.jpg (750x703, 95K)

I've actually gotten rid of added sugars and soda moving in to this new place. It helped me. Couldn't help getting rid of coffee though, but I don't take sugar in it anymore.

I feel bad for blogposting on fucking Jow Forums, Jesus christ. I'm at an all time low here I feel like.

Yeah great. But that doesn't work on someone who is able to see through bullshit and contradictions.
>The thing that MASSIVELY helped me recover is daily exercise
>I was a sedentary office chair potato, 14 hours behind a screen. Humans aren't made for that. Take care and get well soon.
A fucking men.

>I already feel bad for taking meds. I just feel guilty.
what's done is done, just stop taking them now
>I'm also not sure my job will do jack shit for me.
ask yourself where you would like to be in 5 years
if you don't know, spend some time figuring it out
then figure out what you would have to do to get there, and whether this job will be helpful in that regard
it can help to take an outsiders perspective, approach yourself from a third person perspective and think about what kind of advice you would give yourself to achieve your goals
and again, if you don't have goals, figure them out
you need a goal or you won't go anywhere

My goal was just trying to find a way to sustain myself. I have projects I like to work on, but my stress was induced by my lack of work. Now it's my work that causes me all the stress. It feels like a circle. I wanna get out of it and just do my shit and feel alright.

Stop popping Jewish pills and start getting regular exercise. Regular cardiovascular exercise has been observed, in multiple studies, to greatly reduce both mental and physical stress, which is your #1 priority.
If this isn't enough, consider quitting yoyr job and finding a less stressful one, even if it pays slightly less. Health is way more important than money, despite what the glorious U.S. of A. have been telling you since you were born.

>Couldn't help getting rid of coffee though
You're an idiot.
I was drinking a daily espresso and "triggers" would spike my blood pressure and leave me unable to think properly.
Just stop for a few weeks, you'll notice your anxiety going down considerably.
I also stress on running and reading that book I posted. You will develop a buffer between you and your actions & feelings.

Attached: 1554788925907m.jpg (683x1024, 110K)

Exercise will help a lot user. It will help your body regulate itself and will also elo lessen the effects and production of cortisol (ie stress). It will also help you get more satisfying sleep and feel more confident in yourself. Just try to do a little something every day. Even if it's just a 15 minute walk in the beginning.

just be yourself

I wish I believed in God, user. My life is empty.

>My goal was just trying to find a way to sustain myself
merely existing is not a sufficient motivator to overcoming this kind of mental stress

For some reason I used to go for walks at like 10PM for a while when I was younger and it was helpful. Maybe I'll do that again. I've been compulsively going out at 10PM to walk just a little bit ever since i moved in here. Maybe it's my body telling me I need it. I'll try forcing myself maybe.

>I just wanna get somewhere. I just want inner peace. This is a nightmare. I can't believe I'm on Jow Forums crying like a faggot about all this shit. This is just too hard.
Why are you kicking yourself and putting yourself down for seeking advice? Have you thought about why you do that, it's akin to someone who's house caught fire and after dialing the fire dept the person went back and started throwing more lighter fluid and other flammables into the house to add to the fire.

>I've never been diagnosed with ADHD and I already feel bad for taking meds. I just feel guilty. I'm also not sure my job will do jack shit for me. I'm just scared user. I believe in destiny and a great beyond, but not in the christian sense so what you say still kinda resonates to me even if I don't share your faith. I just wanna get somewhere. I just want inner peace.
Worry about first things first, the problems that are right in front of you. Whether this job of yours will help you live out your destiny, leave that to God. No need to worry or ponder about things that are way beyond the scope of human understanding.

>I sleep alright but tired constantly. I make myself sandwiches a lot. I don't do a lot of exercises.
Start walking regularly. Get your daily vitamins.

>Why are you kicking yourself and putting yourself down for seeking advice?
I feel guilty for seeking advice and help in the first place. As I posted before I was raised in a family where I was expected to be perfect and I like to think it's in the past but I feel it fucks me up. I feel guilty whenever I fuck up anything. I feel guilty at criticism. I feel guilty constantly. I apologize constantly in daily conversations and people are like "why are you apologizing?". I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing. It's hard.

I mean, it's a bit of a shit answer but most times whatever it is that you are doing, it doesn't matter. There's no point in stressing out cause as long as you end putting out some sort of semi functional results it's gonna be fine. Learn some design patterns, some graph theory and how to document your shit quickly - it saves you development time and helps you put out some robust code without too much thinking.

All your PMs or whatever are kinda cocksuckers if they can't plan around late releases, bugs and shit. They are paid more than you for a reason, it's their job to plan. A common strategy among bad PMs is to pretend everything is on fire to try to rush you. Don't let them intimidate you, there are jobs for programmers out there still. At worst, become a contractor.

>Learn some design patterns, some graph theory and how to document your shit quickly - it saves you development time and helps you put out some robust code without too much thinking.
That's been on my backburner for a while. Any book you'd recommend? I'd really appreciate it.

>At worst, become a contractor.
Honestly I think I'd feel better about being a contractor. A lot of my stress comes from reputation and how people see me. If I just make random contracts I don't have that problem.

Reduce caffeine, run before or after work, CBD oil, and try meditation. Try all that and get a doctor appointment in case you need drugs to help treat it. Alternatively just drink and ignore feelings.

>d-don't talk shit about my imaginary friend
go rape a child, pedofag

Try to do neck extensions and check for chronic infections. Maybe this will help a little.

stop worrying. Do your best, but you're not payed to be emotionally invested in the profits of a company that you don't have a stake in.