Why would you need 12GB of RAM and an 8 core 3GHz CPU in a fucking phone

Why would you need 12GB of RAM and an 8 core 3GHz CPU in a fucking phone

Attached: lt1hodznnhzowryeckv2.png (798x449, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f6sR9R3k_kA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For Minecraft.

If only ARM single thread was worth a damn for modded Minecraft or Java Minecraft anyways
There was some experimental app that recompiled some libraries so java Minecraft could be played on ARM devices but even with a Galaxy S5 it was like 5 fps on low everything
I doubt phone CPUs have gotten much better

Phone CPUs have improved exponentially since the Galaxy S5 are you smoking crack

Let me rephrase
I doubt CPUs have gotten that much better to turn that 5 fps experience into something that you would want to play
If course I could be surprised and with perhaps more dev work behind Boardwalk I think it was called combined with CPU advancements it might be playable

Mobile gaming, chinks eat that shit up.

because it's by GAMERS and for GAMERS!!

Attached: image.jpg (800x450, 277K)

Android is a terrible operating system maintained by an army of Pajeets. Of course they're going to throw more hardware at the problem to extrapolate more performance.

>855
It's a pretty big step up there
>12GB of ram
some mobile games are complete dogshit in ram usage

Wish some Asus phones still ran Intel procs in their phones but oh well

Oh the onions...

for bloat.

>why?

Why not OP?

I enjoy playing emulated Wii and Dreamcast games at full speed and upd resolution while I pretend to work...

>that ugly logo
Holy shit, talk about bad taste.

>Why would you need 12GB of RAM and an 8 core 3GHz CPU in a fucking phone
For Game.

To flex on you fag

possibly in the future for docking to a monitor, they'd need to solve overheating or perhaps I'd build a chamber to put that faggot in that would ventilate it

wouldn't solve it overheating in day to day use if it really was powerful

To open gmail in 20 years

You can get really good mid range computer for the price of this shit.

>Why would you need 12GB of RAM and an 8 core 3GHz CPU in a fucking phone
Because big numbers impress people without a technical background.

>Republic of Gamers
cringe

You mean 2 years, mark my words

Can't even begin to imagine the price of this pos

Based

Can you fit said computer on your pocket?

For web-browser

This.

You can tell the people bitching about smartphones are boomer cubicle drones or zoomer neets, because mobility and accessible general Computing is fuckin based.
Imagine being glued in place all day in the dark like a morlock

#1 thing that holds back mobile computing, for me, at least, is the godawful operating systems. Android is pure fucking pigshit and I wouldn't even attempt to look at a iOS device, so...

???

So you can make like ET and phone home
youtube.com/watch?v=f6sR9R3k_kA

ios is getting based in september, android as always in a constant state of fuck

to flex

What's exactly wrong with android? It doesn't have windowing and taskbars?

fuschia
fu schia
fu ture

>google botnet at the kernel level
lol no

This, now even mobile devs can get completely sloppy and use up endless memory for no reason.
Then it will become the norm and you'll need a 32gb ram mobile 5 years from now.

It's spelled Fuchsia but yes

The HaikuOS guy developed the kernel Fuchsia is based on, isn't that something?

>The internet is secure, it's the corporations that make it insecure

If it's happening outside your home, it's not secure, ever. Retard

Keep seeing all these gaming oriented phones.
Who the fuck would want to play these cash grab microtransaction filled pieces of garbage.

take your false dichotomy and shove it up your ass, schlomo

just because it's being marketed as gaming shit doesn't mean you have to game on it, brainlet

Already scrapped.

Fortnite and PUBG are on phones so that's probably why zoomers want phones like these now.

You don't. Sure, Android needs a lot of RAM to wind up but once it does it's fast even on budget phones. They simply put the best components out there. It's actually perfect hardware-wise, that 6k battery. 120Hz low latency display should be nice too.

Emulation. It even has triggers. It could possibly even run PS2 games.

Attached: 064.gif (326x281, 210K)

Keep feeding your life into Tor and VPN honeypots while cryptocurrencies track every transaction you make, dumbfuck

To run Facebook

The internet was invented by military, then banks and megacorps. It's never been secure. Ever. You'd know that if you weren't a summerfag

seethe

Tor is decentralized you retard.

Most relays are run by legit people.

>Legit government agencies

Ftfy

In 3 years phones will have more ram than computers now. Thats what you get with android bloat.

So fuschia is based on a compatibility level copy of a kernel based on an operating system kernel from 2001? Yeah thats fucking baller man.

>being able to run desktop applications on your pocket sized computer is somehow a bad thing
lmao brainlet

>Most relays are run by legit people

just because it's open sores doesn't mean it can't be nefarious

and linux was created in the 90s what's your point?

Man, gimp, emacs and deluge are so usedful on my 5.6 inch touchscreen. Retard.

I'm glad I got the 8GB version of the Note 9. At least half of my RAM is being used at any given time. It still feels quick though, which is good since I don't plan on getting another phone for several years.

My point was haiku wasnt created to be a modern operating system. It was created to be compatible with those applications that ran on beos. Thus ther kernel code is functually the same and/or written specifically to be compatible with those APIs. Thats like saying FREEDOS WAS RELEASED 2 YEARS AGO IT MUST BE SO MUCH MORE ADVANCED BC 2017 BRO.

git gud, brainlet

cpu tech is no longer creeping slowly by like in 2010-2015, especially mobile

>mobile gaming
Jesus Christ buy a Switch or any 50$ chinese handheld

>Why would you need a fucking phone
Fixed. Dumb modern society and their love of spyware toy tracking device shit.

You don't have to be a gaymer to appreciate the latest and smallest soc, the supposedly better cooling, the 120 hz screen and the 6k battery

mobile gaming is about to take off, switch is just a paperweight

You don't have to be a gamer to know that touchscreens are fucking bullshit and completely useless for gaming. Also

Way to completely miss my point, idiot, just because something is being marketed as gaming hardware doesn't mean you have to game on it

I use neovim on termux on my phone regularly, git gud

I didn't say that fuchsia was based on haiku, I said it's based on a (different) kernel developed by one of haiku's lead devs.

That kernel was Little Kernel btw, and fuchsia is built on the Zircon microkernel based on LK.

Take a fucking xanax or something you spaz

My point was touchscreens are shit and phones are fucking cancer. I didn't give a shit about your braindead "point" because phones are cancer.

>I'm a butterfingered retard and I don't know how to use touchscreens

What are you doing in the technology board?

>Phones are cancer

Attached: D4-tMBlXkAAwPR5.jpg (1004x746, 122K)

Sad thing is, it's still better than Windows.

>don't know how to use touchscreens
UI elements on a phone smaller than the tip of your finger means TOUCHSCREENS ARE BULLSHIT. Also, it's horribly imprecise.
There's no argument to be had here, touchscreens are garbage.
Advocating for GOOD technology. Phones are not good technology. They are actually regressions causing us to accept trash as "the way forward" so that we can be tracked and monitored.
Memes are cancer. Give actual arguments or go away, child.

Nobody asked for your worthless opinions

>Elements smaller than the fingertip

So you mean like when you browse a non-mobile friendly page. There's this thing where you pinch enlarge. SOLVED

>Imprecise
So you mean getting the cursor where you want in a text field or console. There's this thing called Hacker's Keyboard. Has arrow keys.
A lot of apps that need Arrows/CTRL/ALT/ESC have those in the ui, see Termux

You just need to stop being a homosexual

You sound just like those boomer luddites who won't shut up about how phones turn people to zombies, the problem isn't the phone, it's people who was never taught to take things in moderation, just like your parents never taught you that sicking too many cocks will give you AIDS

Nobody asked you to post worthless bullshit, either, but here you are.
Can't pinch enlarge a lot of things, INCLUDING THE FUCKING KEYBOARD, DUMBFUCK.
>hackers keyboard
Again, guess what UI elements are smaller than your fingers.
Jesus, how fucking brainwashed are you all over goddamn smartphones? It's like I'm living in a goddamn nightmare where people cannot see the fucking truth right in front of their eyes. This is pathetic. Beyond pathetic.
You've all been fucked over by marketing bullshit over a goddamn poorly designed toy made to TRACK AND SPY ON YOU. End of fucking story. Get that shit in your head and throw away your garbage technology.

>Nobody asked you to post worthless bullshit
That's rich considering I'm not the one whining that there are people who like things I don't like

You having giant gorilla nigger hands doesn't make the technology the problem.
Buy a real phone if your 3" tracfone is inadequate you literal nigger

Even worse, a feature fag. You'll sure need that cooling and 120hz screen when you'll be making PowerPoint on your phone