Good microphones

Hey Jow Forums, I've been wanting to get a good quality microphone for basic VoIP purposes but the wiki says nothing about them and i don't know any other tech pros to ask. What's a good, cheap (preferably

Attached: file.png (179x250, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dx.com/p/xty-operator-style-earbud-microphone-set-2631
vocaroo.com/i/s08w0WQkRFe5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dx.com/p/xty-operator-style-earbud-microphone-set-2631

fuck you motherfucker

would those work with headphones? i'm assuming i'd have to detatch the earpiece part for that.

but do those actually not sound like shit? i'd be willing to pay $15 more for non-shitty sound if they do

rode nt usb

i've been eyeing this which is $18

is this worth it or is it really better to use some $3 earpiece?

Attached: file.png (97x125, 7K)

anyone? a lot of people care about headphones here but nothing about microphones?

any additional thoughts? so far I'm going towards that $3 mic that Jow Forums seems to reccomend but i'm worried its going to break quickly and i wont be able to replace it fast

Even the cheapest large-diaphrag microphones beat any headset. Try to find one with usb connection if you dont want to buy an audio interface to use it.

2 years going and works fine if you're skypebabby or playing games. I have 2 spares just in case.

Attached: file.png (1280x1024, 412K)

just get a $5 clip on

If you want a dynamic xlr mic, get the GLS Audio ES-58
It's almost indistinguishable from a Shure SM-58 and almost as durable, but cost $70 less.

If you want an xlr condenser, get something from MXL, if you're strapped for cash.

If you want usb, just get a blue like all the other plebs.

>Pic related, muh battlestation, equipped with the discontinued MXL Black Widow. I also have 2 ES 58's, one SM 58, some mic I can't remember, and a Shure SM 7B that I have to repair. Interface is the Akai EIE pro.

Attached: file.png (1000x565, 1.06M)

If you want USB, I recommend Rode over Blue. They have less options with just the Rode Podcaster and NTUSB, but both are excellent. They appear to be leaving the USB market too, since there are so many "cheaper" options. Even Razer is stepping in.

NTUSB released at 300USD, but I picked one up for 120USB a couple of months back. Look around for one if you're not using XLR.

what mics are good for not picking up fart noises from my ass

Finally, a use for gaming headsets.

Modmic.com
It's good but 50 bucks

vocaroo.com/i/s08w0WQkRFe5

Attached: file.png (125x125, 5K)

10/10

so the mic actually has sound too? Is that why we cut the black?

>being this new

I picked up a Samson C01U for about 110 AUD, one of the best decisions of my life. I was gonna go for the AT2020 but I decided not because I was told the 2020 picks up more background noise. That being said, the C01U picks up a lot. It's got very solid construction, and great quality.

Just get a cad u37

Get the Boompro

find a used snowball mic. the quality on those is above decent. It is a condenser mic after all.

and then move on with your life