The great debate

The great debate

Attached: matte_vs_glossy.jpg (1360x477, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1948550618800494?journalCode=sppa),
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1
men, industry professionals, engineers
>2
apple users, roasties, gays

glossy so I can spy people

/thread, discussion over

Attached: 1558804292021.jpg (300x397, 47K)

based

how is this even a debate?
there are people on Jow Forums that unironically use glossy screens?
DISGUSTING

Glossy has a bit better color, and zero disadvantages if you're setting it up not opposite a bright light or window.

This. I wish I had a glossy screen I'm going to try ti remove the matte coating wish me luck bros.

Even now I find the occasional reflection I get on my matte screen infuriating

Doesn't rubbing alcohol take the coating off these things?

this.
i cant even..

I bet you voted for trump cocksucking faggot. Glossy is for basement dwellers who only wake during the night and never go outside.

matte 100% of the time, not even a question. i only had a single glossy screen in my life and it truly awful and i don't even leave my basement all that often. absolute trash

I'm 100% sure that the kind of applefag who wants glossy screens also hates trump and guns.

>tfw my 2009 macbook has matte screen

Attached: 1466111504927.gif (167x170, 1.32M)

If your screen is sufficiently bright and you don't have a shit battery then there's no need for matte.

You set it up along the same wall as the window. That way the window adds light to your field of vision to reduce eyestrain, and doesn't create massive glare on the screen.

It's been scientifically proven that trump voters have a lower IQ (journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1948550618800494?journalCode=sppa), given that the poster said he prefers glossy screens, this indicates his lack of IQ and therefore he is statistically more likely to be a trump supporter.

The disadvantage is that the screen is the bright light and you're going to stare at your reflection even if you computer in an otherwise completely dark room.

Glossy on a laptop is just retarded if you ever take it outside.
Matte on a desktop is similarly retarded unless someone is forcing you to set it up opposite a lamp or window.

You only have 1 window in your room? man ameritards are fucking weird.

>>You only have 1 window in your room

Yes

obviously matte, I don't want my screen turning into a fucking mirror when there's an ounce of sunlight in the room.

>dell xps glossy screen with anti reflective coating
based tier

>if you're setting it up not opposite a bright light or window.
Why even get a fucking laptop then. "oh sorry guys I can't work with you, i need to be positioned in this exact spot at this exact angle or I can't see anything, sorry"

I had a glossy laptop for 2 years when poorfag and vowed to never make that mistake again. A total nightmare.

Any desk should be backed by a wall or the kind of window people can't peek through, and all other doors and such windows should be easily visible from your sitting position. This WILL make you less stressed and more productive and/or relaxed.

>Yaniv Hanoch
>Yoav Ganzach
>Coller School of Management, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel

can't make this shit up

This the same school of science that said all of star wars bad reviews were due to russian bots?

matte is for powerusers
glossy is for fags, gaymers and apple/ discord trannies

All gaming laptops use matte screens

Two, but I also have interior walls that glossy screens can face toward because I don't live in a fucking spire or whatever.

gaming laptop/screens are all matte

>defending gaymers
will not make it

not even gaming-centric stuff uses matte. It's literally just appleshit and companies trying to copy apple.

>bought an Acer Predator Gsync monitor
>it's matte
What were you saying again?

meant glossy here. Only appleshit and wannabe-appleshit uses glossy

I absolutely despise my gloss screen, you can't jack off using it, because when the videos end and the screen goes black, I see my own face, it's weird seeing your own face when you have a boner...

>1
Software developers

>2
Software engineers

>2
Graphic Designers

>Glossy has a bit better color
glossy has much better color and usually way higher brightness. Only an incel would pick 300nit matte vs 500nit glossy

I'm a gay and i prefer matte... I flat out wont buy a monitor or laptop if its glossy.

>lower wattage matte display
>doesn't have to overpower reflections
seems like a win-win to me

glossy needs to be super-bright in order to compensate for the fact that anything dark just shows you a distracting reflection of yourself.

Name a laptop matte screen better than apple's retina in modern macbooks pro.
Or a matte screen better than thinkpad's x1's 4k 500nit hdr screens.
Matte is for office wagies. Glossy is for people who enjoy nice things or require an actually good screen.

>require an actually good screen.
nobody doing actual work is using a laptop

How does making it brighter help when the problem happens when it displays black?

fpbp

>I'm gay
no, you're mentally ill

Nice source you have there.
a shittone of people doing actual work use laptops. And even more use it with monitors for heavy work, yet use the main display 90% of the time.

>have shit 17 inch laptop with glossy screen
>go to uni
>many classrooms like this
>see up girls skirts behind me with glossy screen reflection every day

I can't really knock it

Attached: 220px-UCT_Leslie_Social_Science_classroom.jpg (220x165, 11K)

when the brightness is lower the entire area of a glossy screen shows you more reflection and less actual image, not just the areas that are black.

>Glossy is for people who enjoy nice things or require an actually good screen.
>glossy is only option so it must be best option
classic apple cuck

>Do you want a mirror or a shitty mirror?

You still didn't name a laptop with a good matte screen, incel

Jow Forums calling anyone mentally ill is a laugh

>guns good
>trump good
Ironic you're the ones who call everyone npc
>I NEED MUH GUN TO PROTECT MUHSELF BECAUSE EVERYONE IS DANGEROUS AND HAS GUNS
>ALSO AMERICA IS BEST COUNTRY EVER

Go secede already and stop blowing smoke

Matte isn't really that great because you can't properly clean it. Glossy kinda sucks too because of the light reflection. I think glass that doesn't reflect is good.

Pré 2014 glossy screens were mostly shit and couldn't deal with high light
Now only the cheapest ones remain bad, most are totally acceptable with better colors than matte
Matte remain a safe value and I prefer to code on them but for watching movies and videos I switch to my glossy surface
We live in a vast world, we should accept differences ... Sorry I forgot for a minute I was on Jow Forums, screens are bad, minimalism doesn't require any, matte are for neckbeards and glossy are botnet from cia glowing in the dark n...

Completely agree that screens are bloat, however matte screens are better than glossy in every single way unless you have such a massive ego that all you do when you use your computer is stare at your reflection.

Attached: coolfetch.jpg (3264x2448, 1.89M)

Matte. It's why I always buy business grade laptops, to avoid the glossy screens on consumer ones.

>he thinks people suddenly stop being dangerous when they don't have guns

Fell for the matte screen meme, wish I had glossy. Working in any but the darkest rooms sucks with matte displays.

man, I was worried about you there for a second. good thing you came around in the end

you retard, glass has the best transmission quality of any substance other than air.. camera lenses, telescopes, glasses, binoculars, phone displays are all glass because you want to see the light come through and not some murky plastic film.. that's why they invented antiglare coating for glasses, camera lenses, and high quality displays so there's no glare. now you homos want to evolve backwards and go back to the days of plastic film screens.

Glossy = great for low lighting.
Matte = great for high lighting.

If you're a NEET, glossy.

Glossy screens are easier to clean.

>I'm gay
No one cares, you're not special.
Kill yourself, literally nobody would notice.

Attached: 1563728375163.png (400x504, 323K)

it was relevant to the post he replied to, autistic faggot

I'm gay btw.

This is Jow Forums. Everyone's a trained medical professional.

>he doesn't know that all LCD screens have plastic films, whether glossy or matte

i use arch, btw

Post abs

matte screen.

i even remember spraying my crt with flat coat to matte it up

+everyone else

t. virgin

glossy for desktop, matte for laptop

I have a ThinkPad with the HDR screen which is glossy. I much rather prefer a matte display.

glossy only if doing colour-sensitive work on a professional monitor in a room with controlled lighting
matte in every other case

he's defending himself
he didn't bring it up unprovoked
you are the faggot here

Matte laptop screen, glass pc monitor.

I prefer glossy but almost all PC monitors these days are matte. Wish I could choose though.

if you're talking about the diffuser that's between the backlight and the TFT there's no plastic film anywhere between the glass and the TFT you son of a bitch

Attached: apple_pro_display_5.jpg (908x689, 97K)

Show feet and socks

there's also a polarizing layer. and adhesives.

Glossy if anti-reflective layer is good enough.

fag

Cracked > all

My surface has a glossy screen and it sucks but I need it to be a lmao artfag and I can't afford a nice cintiq so I'm stuck with that high gloss shit.

Glossy, because I want better image quality

way to prove fpbp right.

Imagine being a glossy brainlet

Attached: glossy.jpg (846x354, 65K)

My surface is affected by the FlickerGate^tm and I'll replace it after almost three years.

I'm on my second surface now (dropped the first before you ask, it was working fine before that) and I've never had any issues with them. Of course that said I wouldn't reccomend them to anyone unless they need a really precise touch screen or some other functionality that only the surface has since they're so fucking expensive.

>tfw your macbook comes unglued at the hinge

Trump is a Israel shill though

matte glass

That a teletype you've got there?
Very fancy. I've been looking for one, but for now I just use a glass TTY.

Which, BTW, has a CRT with a matte coating on it. Because even in the 80's IBM knew that serious users needed matte displays.

Attached: screenfetch_tty1.jpg (1942x1942, 885K)

if you're not using a thinkpad with a screen cover, linoooox, and camera privacy cover ur doing something wrong.

t. every Jow Forums engineer / cs major

I use a Macbook, macOS obviously, shiny screen with Apple's own anti reflection coating that somehow works (like with lenses and anti-flare coating), and no camera blocking cover.

t. Material Sciences Engineer