Is there a lightweight program that like, opens a window thats a dark or customizable colour to put fullscreen?

is there a lightweight program that like, opens a window thats a dark or customizable colour to put fullscreen?

my issue is, i got a new 4k monitor but its mostly for work, im not a big gamer but my PC cannot handle playing the games at 4k so i gotta play lower res borderless windowed
the problem is, that means i see half my desktop which is incredibly unimmersive due to my background/icons and i dont really wanna reorganize my desktop and background just so i can play games

my workaround so far has been maximizing honeyview then putting the game window over that, honeyview has a nice dark grey background but i would prefer something a bit more customizable

does anything like this exist and if not, why is that?

Attached: Messy_desktop.jpg (1600x1200, 508K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/llemarie/ledimmer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

paint

just set the screen resolution to 1080 before you launch a game

but that just results in a blurry image because its stretched to fit 4k

if you're displaying 1080p on a 4K screen, each pixel rendered uses exactly 4 physical pixels. There should be no blurriness from that

its quite noticable
i will take a screenshot soon when im home maybe 45mins

If you also have your old 1080p panel you could just use that

He is probably using AMD GPU scaling lol.

Just pretend it's myopia

pic related or windows user?

Attached: 800x600.gif (88x31, 3K)

not gonna lie this is the first time iv had to deal with a monitor that i havent just been able to run games well at its nativ res so i could be doing something wrong
but i dont have amd, i got nvidia

Not him but 1080 looks blurry after using 4k. It's like using 1080 for a long time and then switching to 720, of course it's going to look low resolution by comparison.

Try Ledimmer
sites.google.com/site/llemarie/ledimmer

subpixel enhancements like ClearType wont work though

Ok retard let me solve this for you. Both your GPU drivers and your display itself will have scaling options for what to do when you want to display lower res that the screen native. Currently drivers or display are doing scaling. You want to turn it off, so it displays pixels 1:1 and leaves black bars around the image. Then run all your games fullscreen, not windowed and problem solved.

Trip fag btfo

To answer your question op
Just create a black image in paint or whatever then display it fullscreen in your image viewer of choice

op here
thanks everyone

so i figured out a middleground im happy with, playing on fullscreen at 2560x1440 now, fps still solid and the blur that was there from 1920 scaled up isnt as severe

this was the most autsitic solution btw i didnt even try it because the suggestion was so retarded, imaging doing all that shit OMEGALUL

God youre a fucking retard...

>playing on fullscreen at 2560x1440 now,
Literally the worst option. You're not even using an integer scaling.

>my workaround so far has been maximizing honeyview then putting the game window over that
>playing on fullscreen at 2560x1440

lol life as a zoomer

Attached: 1533683168415.jpg (418x396, 28K)

are you retarded?

I refuse to believe this is OP, you can't be so fucking dense.