[TL;DR] >computer very slow big wah fix it ;c

[TL;DR] >computer very slow big wah fix it ;c

So I bought a computer on kijiji for 300$CA, its a gaming computer and I got it cheap because the guy said all it needed to boot was a new PSU, so I bought into it and waited a few weeks for one to show up, I installed the new PSU and viola the computer works but its super fucking slow. I go through power options to max out capabilities and shit, was running at .75ghz, base speed is 2.90, i got it up to 3.60 but its still super fucking slow. i updated all the drivers, did a fresh install of windows, deleted temp files and other junk, defragmented, i basically did everything i could do to it and its still slow. it has 8gb one card with ddr3 and the processor is 2.90hrz with a 4gb dedicated graphics card and imo its a pretty decent machine so i dont want to through it away but i feel as if i did everything i can do so far without starting to replace pieces.

What can I do?

Attached: slow-computer_o_1349099.jpg (480x451, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S9gX_ahfcbo
banggood.com/Mini-PCI-E-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Beast-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-p-1011222.html?gmcCountry=CA¤cy=CAD&cur_warehouse=CN&createTmp=1&ID=511164&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_bgs&utm_content=frank&utm_campaign=pla-mix-ca-pc-0630&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxPPav_rM4wIVIB6tBh2YOgtyEAQYASABEgIB8PD_BwE
ebay.com/itm/HP-Pro-3500-Series-Intel-Core-i5-3470-3-2GHz-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-WIN8-1-7
ebay.ca/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-W530-15-6-Intel-Core-i7-3820QM-2-70GHz-8GB-RAM-500GB-HDD/123839984394?hash=item1cd570330a:g:lhsAAOSwi7BdLza3
ebay.ca/itm/HP-Pro-3500-MT-i5-3470-3-20GHz-250GB-HDD-4GB-RAM-Windows-8-1-Z3E2/192976693072
pcliquidations.com/p92813-lenovo-thinkcentre-m93p-sff
support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/closure/hp-eliteone-800-g1-all-in-one-pc/5387492
support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-eliteone-800-g1-all-in-one-pc/5387492
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Download a program called speccy and show us what the actual specs are, also wipe it.
If you don't know how to wipe it, there is an inbuilt windows 10 function called 'refreshing' your pc or whatever, do that and make sure all files are deleted.
Without all the bloatware your computer should be significantly faster.

alright, this make take awhile lol

Attached: Capture.png (687x415, 15K)

>2.90hrz
>pretty decent

Attached: 1421520106223.gif (350x251, 1.98M)

ok that was actually faster than anticipated, here you go friend

Attached: Capture2.png (490x373, 19K)

what are the kids running these days? 10.50ghz? haha but seriously im so behind on tech i have no idea whats decent anymore

Install linux mint

Install gentoo

pro's and cons?

You don't have the technical aptitude to install gentoo.

nothing a youtube tutorial wouldnt fix.

looks fine to me, except
>4gb graphics card
not detected, look it up.
>HDD
spend 30 bucks on a crucial 240GB SSD and install your OS there.

Do you by any chance have your monitor plugged into your motherboard and not your graphics card?

No graphics card is showing up

funny thing, its an All.in.one pc so the screen is built in.

and i notice that now that the grapics card isnt reading and it just dawned on me to review whats happening in task manager, the graphics card isnt even being read but the Intel set seems to come with 2gbs alone but its acting pretty dead, i just booted up a game and its barely doing dick.

Attached: Capture3.png (888x609, 35K)

You may have been scammed, sorry to say.
You can still try wiping it to clear the registry and startup programs/bloatware and you'll be able to play some older games decently, but that's no 'gaming pc'.
Can you show us what is using so much of your damn cpu?

>no gpu
set up drivers
>800mhz ram
lel
>hard drives
>one is over the usb controller
top lel
>funny thing, its an All.in.one pc so the screen is built in.
AYYYYY LMAO
no all in one is a true gaming pc sorry
you got scammed

what model is it exactly? and how did you "install the new PSU"? you can post a pic and help us see the model and upgrade possibilities.

Theres barely anything happening, i fear you may be right. should have known it was too good to be true for a poor guy like me (economically poor not the other kind) lol

Attached: Untitled.png (870x2036, 156K)

>set up drivers
speccy is kinda shit but it would definitely show "basic microsoft graphic adapter" or something. There's no gpu.
>800mhz ram
again, speccy being shit. It's just the way it shows RAM. "800mhz" actually means DDR3 1600mhz.
>500gb usb
that is kinda suspicious, or maybe he just has an external drive plugged in.

nigga get rid of avast. Windows Defender (A.K.A Windows 10 built-in antivirus) is already the best free antivirus out there. Avast free is just HDD-raping botnet

Go into device manager and see if anything has an exclamation mark next to it.

If nothing is showing up besides the Intel graphics under Display then you probably don't have the optional radeon graphics and that will be useless for games this side of 2006 or so.

Even if you have the discrete graphics it was only a Radeon HD 7650A, which has the power of a 9600GT. Its performance doesn't look to be much better than the HD 4600.

Your desktop performance issues look to be due to your hard drive being pegged at 100%. A clean install of Windows might help there, or there could be something wrong with the drive.

Attached: Untitled.png (781x572, 25K)

Hp EliteOne G1 AiO

i took the back off the machine, used an allan wrench to get to the piece and replaced it with one i bought off ebay. standby for picture

Attached: 0.jpg (936x699, 63K)

ddr3 1600mhz still isn't great, and the latency was drifting into "top binned ddr4" territory

I only installed avast for the driver updater and premium cleaned up
>applied for free trial
>leftb4billing

Ok bad news: no graphics card. You're stuck with the intel hd 4600 and that means you get to play basically e-sports titles at decent fps and nothing more. Here's a vid showing what you can expect
youtube.com/watch?v=S9gX_ahfcbo
"good" news is your PC is slow definitely because of the HDD, and it's replaceable. Get a SSD, crucial BX500 or similar (2.5' SATA) and you're basically set since you can't really upgrade it any further, at least not with a noticeable performance boost.
Theoretically you can replace the optical drive for a 2.5" caddy and add a second HDD or SSD, not an insane idea in case you want to boot the OS from a SSD and keep a cheaper, larger HDD for storage.
Finally I see a pciE slot so yu may be able to install an nvmE SSD but those are usually more expensive than SATA. Still may be worth looking into.

one ! i noticed is on an ethernet port, everything else is fine

If he wants a gaming PC he's better off not putting any more money into this and just flipping it for what he put into it. A HD 4600 is a looooong way from a gaming PC, and with $300 he can do better.

OP, if that's all the money you have, what you're probably going to want to look at is an i5 2400 or 2500 OEM mid-tower off ebay, and then stick a 1050 Ti in it. (one that doesn't require an external 6 pin power)
Monitors you can find for $50.

Can you check if the GPU needs its own power connector and you maybe forgot to plug it in when you swapped the PSU? That would explain why it doesnt even show up.

Also HDD 100% shouldn't happen. Maybe its just in the screenshot but if its constant then there is something wrong with your os or even the drive

I agree with this nigga
OP now that you fixed it just resell it and buy/build a better PC with gaming in mind.

>Hp EliteOne G1 AiO
Oh never mind i looked it up there isnt supposed to be a GPU in that model of PC. Sorry the guy lied to you, this is branded and marketed as an office pc for light tasks

thanks guys, i thought about a similar solution.

for now
Ill definitely replace the harddisk, i noticed theres an open slot and looked into it. theres suppose to be a graphics card in it, i guess buddy took it out. it was "The Radeon HD 6670A " by amd. ill probably buy one from ebay or something only like 80$CA after shipping.. bugger but still cheap i guess
URL
techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-hd-6670a.c1690

Final solution, i found a mini pci-e-whatever.
URL
banggood.com/Mini-PCI-E-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Beast-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-p-1011222.html?gmcCountry=CA¤cy=CAD&cur_warehouse=CN&createTmp=1&ID=511164&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_bgs&utm_content=frank&utm_campaign=pla-mix-ca-pc-0630&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxPPav_rM4wIVIB6tBh2YOgtyEAQYASABEgIB8PD_BwE

think ill buy this and probably whatever graphics card i can find thats compatible with it, suggestions?

iv gotten it to run Starcraft II and PUBG so far, if i run everything in window mode the screen doesnt flicker but PUBG runs at very low settings, iv noticed the graphics card missing which i mentioned in im going to replace the said items and see if that solves it, if not ill try that pci-e thing. if all fails ill sell it all and finance s sum 1800$ machine i saw at bestbuy.

Oh god don't do this.

The hard drive is probably fine, just being raped by updates and Avast. Do a clean install of Windows 10 from the latest Media Creation Tool. (You do have a Windows key on that, right?)

Then just sell the thing.

Paying $80 for a 6670 that ain't even worth $5 at this point is utter stupidity when you can have a desktop PC that's actually decent at gaming for the same price you can sell this one for.

Look at this:

ebay.com/itm/HP-Pro-3500-Series-Intel-Core-i5-3470-3-2GHz-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-WIN8-1-7

$100

Now you can throw a 1050/1050 Ti in there for another $100.

That leaves you $100 for a monitor, and there are plenty of nice used ones at that price range.

haha no, previous owner peeled it off for some reason.

the url you shared didnt pop anything up but ill take your word on that 1050/150 Ti and the premise of the machine, ill have a look on the canadian side of ebay so is easier for me

>all in one
>gaming computer

Yea you got scammed

That is the windows experience on a HDD.

It will be OK once it stops indexing everything

>MPCIE
>NVME
Haha yes

>$300 CAD for a shitty haswell AIO
Not the worst thing ever, looks like it simply needs a new SSD, the HDD is pegged at 100%
If you actually want to game on it, consider the MPCIE eGPU meme, Its pretty easy and I've done it a lot on many laptops/desktops

Should i join the ThinkPad army?

ebay.ca/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-W530-15-6-Intel-Core-i7-3820QM-2-70GHz-8GB-RAM-500GB-HDD/123839984394?hash=item1cd570330a:g:lhsAAOSwi7BdLza3

No
If you want a "gaming laptop" for cheap get a Elitebook/Precision/Zbook and upgrade the GPU or just use the stock one.
If you want a new gaming laptop get a nitro 5, its shit but the performance is good

try it out by booting a live usb, maybe linux will just detect your gpu without drivers

He doesnt have a dGPU, just the HD 4600 iGPU

Even if he did it's no better than the HD 4600

If you're competent enough to replace the PSU in the AIO thing, and you're willing to drop a bunch of money on a pre-built, you might as well build a custom system instead. $1800 can get you a LOT of PC if you do it yourself, very close to an absolute top-of-the-line system if you budget well, even with brand new parts. If you want to go cheap and you're willing to to buy second-hand, you could probably get last-gen CPU, e.g. a Ryzen 2600 or some such, and a used RX580 + the other misc parts for like $600 altogether, which would make for a perfectly adequate gaming PC provided you're fine with 1080p @ 60FPS.

I'll never understand why people just go out and buy computers without doing at least some research. Had a guy I know buy some random pos hp windows 10 from a pawn shop and the specs were pathetic and he didn't even get it cheap.

iv always been scared to put together my own pc but maybe youre right. ill look into this

i honestly just saw an ad on kijiji and asked to look at it, i saw the giant heatsync and what the ram sticks were, so i assume with my current knowledge of computers it was going to be an alright machine compared to what im use to. im also pretty broke despite my jobs so something this cheap was a potential deal for me, i thought id be getting a wise on a sucker; alas it was the other way around.

ebay.ca/itm/HP-Pro-3500-MT-i5-3470-3-20GHz-250GB-HDD-4GB-RAM-Windows-8-1-Z3E2/192976693072

Republicans are really not very bright.

Sell it and make your own.
HP consumer grade pcs are known to have failing motherboards, i know, i had 3 of them back in 02-07, and here my Gateway 7330GZ from 04 still works and all the HP pcs are dead.

You weren't scammed. It looks like an alright price for what you got (not a deal, but market value). It just wasn't what you wanted.

if i were to upgrade the ram what would you suggest i get? iv seen a lot of options but im not even sure what DDR# we're up to or whats best

Upgrade the RAM in what? The ebay one listed?
DDR3-1600. (PC3-12800)

It only has two slots so you probably want 2x8GB for 16GB total. 8GB can be limiting at this point.

yeah, i mean it has great potential and I feel like it be great but its just so slow, due to controversy i dont know whats making it slow, the HDD or the RAM or programs. could be all, a combination or maybe the board is just lame. if i could just get it too speed id be generally happy, i just dont get it, it boots and starts up quickly, it also now appears to be having online problems, iv never seen this msg pop up from the reCAPTCHA before
"Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit"

Wallmart, bestbuy and the likes have insane margins on their "gaming" pcs. Either buy parts and assemble yourself (my boomer dad did it himself aswell) or shop with a reputable SI like cyberpower, ibuypower or originPC. More reasonable prices, better assembly, better tech support.

If you want to go cheapo, search ebay for dell optiplex, Lenovo thinkcenter and the likes with i7s. You can put in a low-power card like rx560, gtx 1050(ti) or 1650 in there or if it has free sata/molex cables you can nigger-rig them into a pcie 6pin with a 2$ adapter cable (not recommended).

You can use the pc as a drawing tablet. The screen reclines.

*poking at screen on paint* it's not working.
is that how this works? i dont know xD

Here you go dumb-dumb,
pcliquidations.com/p92813-lenovo-thinkcentre-m93p-sff

I use this same model for work at an MSP and my only suggestions would be to get a dedicated low profile gpu (1050ti can be cheap), 8gb more ram, and an SSD for your OS.

Thanks Great Gazoo, your wise words always bless us

It's supposed to be touch screen. Great for drafting, AutoCAD

It really is more complicated than it looks. All parts have been super standardized since the 90s, and there are only a few of them in a typical PC: case, power supply, motherboard, CPU + cooler, RAM, GPU, and mix of solid state and hard drives to taste. Once the case, PSU and motherboard are together, the CPU, GPU and RAM just slot into the motherboard, drives go anywhere and take a single (usually SATA) cable, then you just try to work out where all of the PSU cables go, plug in the remaining fan cables and you're done. Even total newbies can usually figure everything out in about 2-4 hours.

sadly i do not have the driver, know where a guy can find one?

Attached: Capture5.png (258x435, 22K)

>go to hp.com
>support
>drivers
>enter the serial of your machine (check backside for stickers)
>???
>profit
Jesus user, where do you normally post because holy hell you're not a Jow Forums-regular?

I would recommend downloading all drivers from hp website for your model. Then do a clean reinstall of win 10. It should activate automatically.

i lurk often and i know i disregarded the rule of treating this like my personal tech squad but i see what people post here or post in comments and i generally see a bunch of people who know what theyre doing. iv tried forums and shit but people there are slower than my computer. i went to the hp site but there doesnt appear to be any touch screen drivers
support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/closure/hp-eliteone-800-g1-all-in-one-pc/5387492
unless there is and im just too dumb and blind to see it

>wrong url
>facepalm

support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-eliteone-800-g1-all-in-one-pc/5387492

I say we give user the benefit of the doubt, although might wanna brush up on those googling skills man

google: do you want to look at forums that have 2 replys about a problem thats not relevant to yours about a completely different system in 2003? click here its one of the first results.

sorry if that was over done lol but i legit can never find any useful info on that subjective filtered engine.

Search tools. I always say past year for my searches. Also I use bing nowadays

install gentoo

It only gets complicated if you want to watercool. Otherwise it's really simple to set up.