>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Attached: 5d374b7ed7a4c6254ea55c36.png (1290x777, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qmk.fm/keyboards/gergo/keymap.png
thor-zone.com/mini-itx/
louqe.com/
intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/kits/nuc8i7hvk.html
amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-GATERON-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01E57PUNA
github.com/pyrho/cad/blob/master/kailh-caps/src/kailh_caps/core.clj
modelfkeyboards.com/product/f62-model-f-keyboard-kishsaver/
modelfkeyboards.com/product/f77-model-f-keyboard/
aliexpress.com/item/33014819032.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Budget
$180 AUD (about $125 USD)
>Location (continent at least)
Australia
>Preferred switch type
Clicky, but light
>Layout
US
>Form factor
Full. Prefer media keys & macro keys, but not mandatory.
>Backlight
RGB with software for customization. I like to color code hotkeys for certain programs.
>Previous/current keyboards
Razer Blackwidow Chroma V1 (Razer Green switches) - Was a gift two and a half years ago. Was good for about 1.5 years until the i-key started messing up, registering double presses or non-presses.

Motospeed CK98 - Chinkshit keyboard with Kailh Box whites. Switches feel good, but the keyboard is too big and heavy. Chink software makes customization way too much of a pain.

Cooler Master MK750 - Just bought this, and right away it had the exact same problem as the Razer, except with the o-key and it's brand new. I think Cherry MX Blue might feel a bit too heavy compared to box whites and razer green too.

Any suggestions?

Are the arduino pins that count for QMK? and wich other controller can i buy for a 60%, because i need 2 more pins than this board has.

Attached: Arduino pro micro.jpg (1149x643, 104K)

and wich other controller can i buy for a 60%?*
That isn't teensy because

There's the Elite-C which has a few extra on it. It's some $$$$ though. And yeah, the Arduino notation is used for basic handwires and shit in QMK. If you need even more, strap on your big boy pants and do a embedded design to get access to fuckin' everything.

I believe you can also do STM32 with a Blue Pill, but look into that. I'm a AVR guy myself

Note that the Elite-C isn't actually $$$$. It's like twice a ProMicro, which is still cheap. Less than you'd pay for a controller in the early days of custom boards. Yall spoiled.

>still forcing your hands to an uncomfortable middle point.
Why do you do that to yourself, Jow Forums?

Attached: IMG_20190723_094220.jpg (4048x3036, 3.34M)

>my greens are here

Attached: 1541838996653.jpg (155x200, 13K)

Digging the vertical monitors user, but the height of that Iris looks whack as fuck. Real talk, how angled are your wrists using that thing? Upgrade to Rev3 and use bumpons!

Just realized my M570 isn't in that pic, fuck. Sick ball though. You tried the Elecom Huge?

Attached: IMG_20190724_0110370.jpg (2976x2976, 3.02M)

>Real talk, how angled are your wrists using that thing? Upgrade to Rev3 and use bumpons!
My hands are straight.
Since my arms are lying on the table, wrists are naturally elevated and it feels great.
If I'm forced to sit straight instead of reclining in my chair, I still see no problem. Maybe I'm just used to even taller keyboards.

> Upgrade to Rev.3
It is Rev.3

>Elecom Huge
My friend bought one. The ball was extremely light and scratchy compared to my Kensington.
He returned it and bought Kensington Pro Wireless.

What is a good price for "like new" white alps clone? alps.tw Type OA2

I found one for 30$ with shipping
and one less new for half the price

Are they worth it?

Attached: NTC-KB-6251EN.png (933x544, 1.94M)

Also, why MacBook _and_ ThinkPad?

You makin me want a gergo, gergoman.

Weird, I must just have shit hands. I found it too tall, but that was rev2. At least you have the option of lowering it with rev3, shame Danny fuckin' didn't add Choc compat, he said that might be coming with r3.1.

With the Gergo I find it's low enough that I don't get that nasty flex going on. But that's just weapons grade autism talking.

>Re Huge
Yeah, it needs to be bigger anyway. Still for a cheap device pretty decent. Feels like a waste for me because I do everything with mousekeys now. Bet that Kensington is buttery as.

At work shitting about the office. I just bring in my own gear and rig it up. Half debated getting a ThinkPad just to dock the bitch as these cables are fucked. The ThinkPad is work issued for the communal office and is a hunk of shit :(

HJKL for free shipping. Do it up mang we got meme springs on the go right now

>Half debated getting a ThinkPad just to dock the bitch as these cables are fucked
I get you.
My fucking X1 carbon can't be docked.
I hate the person who designed it.
But in the end I'm at fault for buying it.

Also, don't MacBooks have a docking solution?
I was under impression that's what Thunderbolt 3 is for.

>Choc
How's the low travel distance?

>Slimmer keyboard
I'll try it without the stand-offs. Maybe I'm missing out and don't even know it.

>Buttery
Hell yes. Best TrackBall I've used so far.

>Gergo
Mind sharing your layout?
I imagine it to be the same as mine without the number row.
I don't need the numbers, but don't think I can live without 2 extra modifier keys.
I have tab and DEL as the top ones in the corners.

It's a 2010 MBP with maxed out specs (except for graphics), best I have is FireWire lmao. Been eyeing up a GPD pocket for whacking Manjaro on and carrying around. I'll be using a bunch of prehipreals anyway so the small size would be nice. I think there are some docks available, but that's just more shit to lug around.

I'm digging the low travel. My entire thing is Ergo so the less movement the better. I don't bottom them out and they're heavily modded. 12g springs, lubed, silenced and orings. Even got the full size caps imported from fuckin' Japan. Ergowise, it's a dream. Downside is no decent caps until MKUltra actually starts selling his dyed caps. People have been doing some crazy shit with their Gergos though.

>Slimness
Give it a shot, it's a good time. I think Kailh has MX half height switches that you could try but there's a handful of Choc boards and exactly 2 X boards :P

My layout is actually the Default for Gergo. Good for programming/shell/viming, you can view it over in the QMK repo or check the image on qmk's site

qmk.fm/keyboards/gergo/keymap.png

Attached: utvmadcez1b31.jpg (3977x2692, 414K)

Next board after I get the Georgi to at least 50% my normal typing speed. Gotta get that pocketability and end my unsplit row staggered suffering away from home.

Maybe I'll get Xs on the Gergo for that ultralow.

How them buttons? The ball and twisting scroll always seemed nice, but the button layout is an uncertainty to me. I've got two elecoms (deft pro and huge) and two csts, but I've also got a fucking problem so I'd like to try more.

Skip on the X's for now. Right now they are fucking terrible and have a tendancy to 'stick' on. Kailh is retooling the manufacturing gear for it and working through the process. My rep says that the footprints will be the same and all that. So give it a few months unless hardcore-switch-fuckery is your thing.

ducky one rgb with mx blues?
box whites are still rare in prebuilts, chinkshit is your best bet

Thanks for the info!

>GPD pocket for Manjaro
Why not just Dual-boot?
I was thinking of getting a new MacBook Pro with 1Tb storage to split it 50/50 with a Void Linux install.

>How them buttons? The ball and twisting scroll always seemed nice, but the button layout is an uncertainty to me.
I like them. Switches on the Pro model are definitely better, though. Especially on the new revisions.
>Scroll twist
I don't use it, to be honest.
I remapped top-right button to act as a scroll button, so I can scroll in all directions simply by moving the ball.
But that's only possible on Linux, unfortunately. Windows experience sucks way more.

No worries, life is apparently keyboard related autism right now. Kind of whack I got a ergodox and everything went sideways from there.

>GPD
Size mostly. I don't actually use my MBP as a laptop, it just goes from place to place for a few hours. If I can lighten the load I'm down. Have honestly considered carrying around a NUC or someshit instead.

Are there tiny screenless PCs like the Intel Compute Stick that don't suck?

>Budget
$60

>form factor
tenkeyless or lower

>Switches
Blue or Brown

>Software
No

>backlit
yes

>Custom RGB profiles
yes

>Color
white

>Layout
Qwerty - US Murican

Attached: rad.jpg (1043x878, 91K)

Nah man, like the positioning. Easy to reach all four?

I do that ball scroll thing with my CST too, also on linux. It's great shit. Dunno how mousers live without it.

>honestly considered carrying around a NUC or someshit instead.
Try one of those meme SFF cases.
A bit expensive, but you can fit a proper ITX build with actual CPU, GPU and way better cooling than any integrated solution.

One of my colleagues uses a prebuilt htpc instead of the laptop and seems pretty happy with the results. It's an HP if I'm not mistaken.

Shit link me up homeslice, I'm out of the hardware game so I don't even know. Half the appeal of integrated stuff is that sweet sweet size reduction :)

>Nah man, like the positioning. Easy to reach all four?
I'm not in the office today, so can't provide a photo of how I use it, but for me at least, it is comfortable.
I press the scroll button with my ring finger and move the ball with index finger.
For normal operations I scroll the ball with Index-middle-ringer fingers and press buttons with a thumb and a pinky.

Well, retarded expensive ones are
>Thor Mjolnir
thor-zone.com/mini-itx/
>Ghost S1 mk.2
louqe.com/

Prebuilts are, for example,
>Intel Hades NUC
intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/kits/nuc8i7hvk.html

But prebuilt "mini PCs" usually have sub-par GPUs. So it depends on the use-case.

Yeah, those modular ones are good in theory, but seem heavy as.

That's the thing. I program, shitpost , manage customer shit and do the occasional kicad session. Hell, I'm using a 320m and still not feeling pain :P

Because I don't have a keyboard like yours, they are expensive and I have literally no clue about how to build one myself.

Then get Hades.
They are pretty rad from what I've heard.

>they are expensive
Well, partially. It's less than $200 for everything.
>How to buld
It's literally requires only a soldering iron and a screwdriver.

Anne Pro 2 would be slightly over budget, but is pretty nice

I cant figure out what vendor to purchase those from.

just sort from lowest price on aliexpress
anne pro is also one of the few keyboards you can get with box whites, which many people seem to enjoy as a lighter alternative to blues

Do they have a TKL version?

amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-GATERON-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01E57PUNA

>that font

Attached: ew.gif (200x200, 4K)

no, it only comes in 60%

darn, okay.

Any other recommendations?

that's the price you pay for cheap doubleshot keycaps

>those caps
What and where
>joystick/pseduo trackpoint
Excite, is that gonna be ready for sale any time soon?
An SBC (try a rock64) with a compact case.

Looks like 3D printed caps to me.

Def 3d printed, I'll go dig about the Japan server for them.

github.com/pyrho/cad/blob/master/kailh-caps/src/kailh_caps/core.clj

He also did up a PSP joystick, and dyed his own caps. Guys fuckin' rad as shit. I'm still working on stuff, turns out running a store is some busy as fuck work.

>Rock64
Now that's what I call aesthetic as fuck.

I know, but I can't find you something with decent keycaps for 60 bucks.

I really don't care about the look of the keycaps to be honest, I mostly care about the custom profiles haha.

I got the MagicForce and it's good, but keycaps are bad.
Decent keycaps will cost you 20ish bucks at the very least, and eventually you'll want them, so think about it as a 80 bucks keyboard.
I would advise stretching your budget a bit if you want something decent.

Only enjoyPBT could fit this many QC issues in a box of new keycaps. This isn't even all of the printing/warping defects I've found, so far.

Attached: enjoypbt greyscale quality control.png (927x718, 780K)

I keep lusting a Model M just for the aesthetics. I don't like full size keyboards and mine works perfectly.
Can I get something that looks similar in TKL or less form factor?
Beige casing is a must.

modelfkeyboards.com/product/f62-model-f-keyboard-kishsaver/
modelfkeyboards.com/product/f77-model-f-keyboard/

Sheeit.
Is there a poor's man version of that?

Should I nab the MK Typist or IKBC TD108?

Or is there something better in the $90 range that I've overlooked

SSK my man

Attached: 5d3747cdd7a4c6254ea55c23.png (1290x779, 109K)

What are you, poor?

The original SSK in good condition can fetch thousands, on Ebay. That IS the poor man's version.

You don't get to have preferences like that if you have a budget.

>Holy Pandas

Attached: 1516194316219.png (665x800, 54K)

More like Ergo clears/Holy Chickies for r/MK attention whores.

still waiting for that new line of premium Zeal x RAMA linears at the low low price of 15$ a switch:
>Epic Waffles (45g)
>Epic Waffles XD (60g)
>Epic Ricks (30g, play the I'M PICKLE RIIIICK quote on every downstroke AND upstroke)

all switches come lubed and ribbed for your enjoyment
don't miss the group buy!

I don't get why finding anything beige is so hard these days.

difference between brass and aluminum as far as plates are concerned? Is spending the extra buck on a brass plate worth it?

Attached: 1540589862647.jpg (440x960, 49K)

If it doesn't explicitly have to be IBM branded or buckling springs, you could probably find a lot of beige, compact MX-style keyboards in the $99 range.

How much would you pay for a nice condition blue label Model M if buying in EU?

just get a Leopold already

Attached: large_FC750REWPD_2.jpg (2130x1600, 125K)

It's not. Just remove budget constraints.

This is literally what I had in mind, thanks.
But the fucker is out of stock in mechanicalkeyboards.

tada68

Just get a IBM model M SSK for like 20 bucks on craigslist

Attached: 20190215_155301.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

Jokes on you, I live in Spain and everyone here asks for 100+ bucks on anything that says Model M, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted a grand for that one.

>winjeet

Attached: 1553028553641.png (258x245, 84K)

>1 grand for a cheap membrane keyboard
It seems the real joke is on you

Same, had to buy a dark gray one which i find sexy as hell too and which overall fits my room colors better.

What are the point in linear switches? You don't get any tactile feedback at all unless you bottom out. And if you bottom out then you may as well stick with a rubber dome keyboard.

Blacks or Silent Reds, for one of these? I'd go Silent Black but Leopold doesn't make them with those.

They're more responsive.

I have a silent red one and it's okay, would love if it was a tad smoother.

1. rubber domes do give you tactile feedback, it just feels like mush
2. linear switches feel much smoother
3. not bottoming out is incredibly overrated, the earlier point of actuation is just supposed to make sure you don't have to bottom out hard every time
4. you can learn to not bottom out on linears, in fact for many people it's easier on heavy linears like cherry blacks than on light tactiles like browns

>And if you bottom out then you may as well stick with a rubber dome keyboard.

I bottom out pretty much always and I wouldn't go back to rubber dome.

Best tactile switch?

>not bottoming out is incredibly overrated
This, as long as you're not just slamming your poor fingertips to death. Dampened/tactile linears feel great, if you bottom out every stroke.
Even using Zealios, I'd bottom out, just not as hard. Stopping sooner felt wrong, and lead to slower typing.

Re-lubed Holy Pandas/Zealios V2, they come at a ridiculous premium though.

aliexpress.com/item/33014819032.html

>PBT keycaps and Cherry blues for 80 bucks

Is there anything better than this for that price?

aliexpress.com/item/32845509908.html
this has doubleshot caps instead of sublimation and looks infinitely classier

I'm still mad about it being 60 bucks on gearbest months ago (and I had a 15 bucks discount, which I lost).

that surely sucks but it's not like it's priced higher than it should be currently

Yeah, old price was a steal but I´m too much of a jew to buy it knowing that.

that's just the natural result of Durgod not being an untested no-name brand anymore, it's a risk-reward thing
they're still a good deal, especially in Europe where you'd have to shell out like 50% more to get a comparable quality Ducky

I wasn't aware of the tap to use arrow keys feature, I am now getting this keyboard.

Can you find decent mechs buying locally in America?
A friend insisted to check locally first and all I found was gamer tier overpriced garbage.

>Kailh BOX Navy order fucking lost in the mail

I want die

Attached: 1563237475752.png (259x328, 52K)

Attached: F.jpg (636x358, 38K)

You can get a prebuilt Iris for $80.

I paid $120 for mine in December off there, wew.

Where?

Yeah most places carry Ducky keyboards now, and some places like microcenter carry topres.

It's here. Custom cords from pexon are getting here next week or so, can't wait.

Thank you based Japan.

Attached: rabuboard.jpg (3024x1470, 1.67M)

How much did you pay for that? And will you really use it or sell it later at a higher price?

>GMK group buy
>one 1U Fn key for weird ass 65% layouts
>no bottom-row 1.25U Fn key in the base or any of the additional sets, for regular ANSI
>"Code" instead of Super or Fn
Why are there no decent keycap sets for sale, right now? I'd happily buy Leopold's double-shot sets, if they ever sold them separately from keyboards.

1.25u Fn isn't a part of standard ANSI, the bottom row is Ctrl, Super and Alt on one side and Ctrl, Super, Menu and Alt on the other.

This is why I prefer blanks or non-standard legends that don't actually correspond to a real function. A groupbuy is never going to have all the correct legends for the layout I use so fuck it.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161729.jpg (2772x1443, 870K)

What's the point of soldering when hotswap boards exist?