I see no-one talking about this

Is it that shit or just underused?

Attached: 1200px-C_Sharp_wordmark.svg.png (1200x1200, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/language-reference/keywords/const
blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mazhou/2018/01/08/c-7-series-part-8-in-parameters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's already settled that it's good and it's used everywhere.

The preferred language of the master race

The third most popular language on SO.

I'm going to learn this from september on, is it ez or normal of f'n hard to learn/remember I'm good at maths but shit at actual languages

I'll probably get to it after I finish C++

It's consistent so it's easy to learn.

Jow Forums doesn't know anything, so what would they have to say about it. They only qq about trannies in rust, pajests in java, google trannies in go and memes about Javascript and c/cepples

It's become difficult for me to justify using anything else simply because it's comfy to work in, quite fast, and is now fully cross platform. So now I'm basically only using C# and JavaScript, with a tiny bit of shell or Python for glue. When Blazor takes over the world it will probably just be C# and the glue languages.

C++ for brainlets

It's not bad, but pic related is much better for anything.

Attached: jW4dnFtA_400x400.jpg (400x400, 15K)

go home microsoft nobody wants to use your shitty language

Based

What language should a COMPLETE NOOBIE learn if he wants to be a fully remote software engineer? I'm leaning towards Java and Python but I keep hearing Python first.

Attached: remote.jpg (600x400, 116K)

Stick to JAVA, python is overrated and not used in the industry as much, as far as I know.

C

Python is a nice, consistent language to learn. Except for array shenanigans and backwards ternary operators... And fucking dimension collapse ffs I take it all back run away

Comfy as fuck, actually useful for productivity.

Ahahaha nice one user but no almost everyone prototypes in the industry with python

Just remind to yourself not to touch any of c# 8.0 specs onward.
shit will gonna look weirder if you use any of those new features.

Yeah and prototyping won't get you a comfy developer job

It's a very uncontroversial language that nearly everyone is happy to use. So there's not much to discuss.

Based

I'm a complete retard when it comes to programming but c# and visual studio actually makes it easy to get a simple project done.

dilate

Here comes the boomer with his deprecated language.

its so good, shills can't come up with something to shit on it without getting btfo'd in few seconds, that's why there is no any discussion about it

C# is good.
I, personally, have never used it in production, but when I do personal server projects, or proof of concept Xamarian projects, it has been good.

I work with Swift everyday, which shares a lot of syntactic sugar with C#.

It's true. Trolls usually just flat out lie to get (you)s because they can't do much else.

there are some books i see recommended every time someone asks which ones to read to learn C#... what are they?

So... is anyone going to answer this?
>Java
>C
>Python
Fully remote work.

Attached: remote2.png (1261x705, 1.15M)

Your mom is deprecated

Attached: tenor.gif (480x480, 51K)

Depends what you want to do.
If you are good, then you can choose any language. Good Engineers use languages like a tools anyway.

BUT! Traditionally, if you really want to broaden your marketability.

Mobile:
>Swift
>Java
>C#

Server:
>LAMP stack
>Java
>C# / ASP.NET

I realize that it's Pajeet tier, but that covers maybe 80% of all use cases.
Every now and then, you see a meme language like Erlang (which is good IMO), Node.js, and Ruby-on-Rails, but it doesn't happen that often.

I fell for Python is EZ meme, its not easy at all.
I would suggest learning any language with static typing (Java,C#,C++) and stay away (for now) from dynamic typing (Js,Python)
Java and C# are both perfectly fine to begin with, C++ might be a little bit harder, and you should focus on getting one language done since languages share a lot of concepts and picking up language like Python will be really easy.
I don't know about remote job, but once you learn one language you can jump on any other language you need pretty quick and without much effort.

Just don't fell for the ASP.NET meme and you should be good to go

Attached: 111111111.jpg (1001x824, 191K)

>the industry
What industry?

The imaginary one in his head.
BTW, Python has a lot of useful libraries for "Big Data" operations. It has it's uses

So you're just trying to make it sound important, ok.

>The imaginary one in his head.
kek

Microsoft shills BTFO

Attached: 640x360.jpg (363x360, 29K)

It's good for business applications. Since nobody on Jow Forums has a job they wouldn't know what to say about it.

Swift, Ruby, Python and Javascript for remote work I'm guessing. Not sure, I started with Java and I did do remote work for 3-4 years but that was quite a while ago.

Tries to be Java spring boot with all its .net frameworks.
But fails horribly.

>Meanwhile java is used in any major company as backend servers like bmw, goldmansachs, netflix

There's a reason it's taught in every CS course in the world. It reinforces good habits.

>72018170
Yea but what Pythonfags always forget that python is a script tool for certain aims than some valuable programming language.

No they get free microshill products if they teach it.

Unironically, if you learn Java you'll find a job in no time. It's a shit language, but everyone uses it. All these meme of the month languages like Go and Rust might land you a job somewhere, but Java will land you a job anywhere. The company I'm working for now has over 100 Java developers supporting just one product.

Yea but you don't get microsoft strategy.
They blew through a lot of languages VB, F, K.

But now they try to hook people on C# with their .net frameworks so they are forced to pay and subscribe to keep their servers.

While there is a better and cheaper option by using Apache servers or any of its variants.

There is Scala and the like.
Its pretty comfy.

If by everywhere, you mean nowhere then yeah.

Well there is a reason look at maven repository.
They got a lib for almost anything like 14 million repositories.

And its 95% all for free bet for A.I., big data, ORM's, or some other weird shit.

This

>Non pleb tier
C/C++
Java/Scala/Kotlin
Haskel
Pascal

>Might be useful Script tool tier
Python
JS
Node.js
PLC

>Tranny/perma code monkey tier
C# and its frameworks
Rust

Based and truthpilled

probably the only guy with a job AND also working fully remote in this thread (as a lead dev)

go python - ruby - modern js/ts if you want a job

java if you're a pajeet, but it's largely unused, mostly old legacy corporate, new ones usually go with alternatives to that ultra verbose language like groovy or scala

if you like IoT then C might help, but way less jobs needed on that, also because there are growing layers to allow you use python or more productive languages

Actually its widely used in proffecional environments, but ofcourse no-one here would know anything about that...

also, C# is actually more used than C in terms of volume of jobs, so that is viable too but just as a starter, then switch to py/ruby/TS

Only thing legacy about Java is like JSP stuff with frameworks like JSF which was like the PHP variant of java on websites.

That stuff is deprecated but you can still earn lots of money if you can update it.

And Scala Kotlin is still used heavily in the IOT sector cause some devices require a backend server.
And that's programmed really fast in a JVM.
With aid of C/C++ of course through JNI/JNA

Alright so right now it seems to be:
>Python > Ruby > Java > C

Might just go with Python desu, I have the automatetheboringstuff course and another book. Seems easy enough.

Attached: remote3.png (635x392, 551K)

yep forgot kotlin, I was just saying pure Java is rarely used unless maintaining legacy code (JSP is miles away from react / angular / vue / next.js) and mostly on boring jobs outsourced to India

Greater question i would as you or your company?
Why would you pay royalties for their MS .net servers?

If other frameworks can offer cheaper or entirely for free?

>Python
Its a script.
Its fucking slow as fuck, as a backend server.

Its cool for some parts.
Like prototyping maybe A.I.

But for heavy duty Data mining, backend work i would use something else.

Just pick something and start learning ffs. It doesn't matter because you can always switch when you have the basics down.

>slow as a backend server
>what is django

seriously, youtube, instagramm, netflix and many more all use django as a backend

Attached: 1417380674661.jpg (200x200, 8K)

No Netflix uses spring boot they even give out free libs for it.

no one of the big companies use django, they use their own python back-end implementation

The language itself is a better version of java, but java libraries are more portable; for example c# doesnt have cross platform symlink function. If you want to use a better version of java, then use kotlin instead as it also uses jvm. Kotlin is pretty popular for android and google is using it more and more, and you can also compile kotlin to native code and run it without java installed or even compile to JavaScript and use it on the web.

>Script language
>Fast
Pick one.

Its like saying Java is faster than C, and that's a JIT like C#.

Is Kotlin really that based? Can it be used for server back-end or is it only for Android? What about Flutter?

>Is it that shit or just underused?
It's used pretty much everywhere and no, it's not shit, it's a great language to use. So stupid easy to learn but hard to be proficient in.

>go with java if you want a job
FTFY

Trash

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-25 10-36-19.png (1136x928, 81K)

Its takes a lot of the ideas that Java tried to do and does them a lot better. Its a vastly more enjoyable language to write+read over Java, but MS also had a good 6 years to create C# with learning from Java's mistakes.
Unfortunately, MS released C# after Java already had a strong foot holding, and also hobbled the language out the gate with not having any support past Windows and further yet no open standard for C# until like 6 or so years after it's release. So that basically gave Java like a decade head start over C# before people really started to take it seriously.

No. Mayuko says Ruby is the way to go.

Attached: mayuko software engineer.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

>SDK has opt-out telemitry
Its a ECMA and ISO standardized language. Just use the non MS implementations of it.

Most of those are just plain wrong... I mean shit, even just googling "const c#" brings up
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/language-reference/keywords/const

I wouldn't listen to a ching-chong rice farmer just because she has a cringe yt channel.
I doubt that she knows more about tech than me.

>she

Const parameter, you retarded fucking nigger

Don't make me link you her Linkedin. She's got some FANG experience.

QQ is a thing I've not seen since the old WoW forums

Attached: 1562965817198.png (804x906, 56K)

Don't even bother man, these microshills always spam threads with their unusable msdn docs.
Just to prove themselves wrong.

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mazhou/2018/01/08/c-7-series-part-8-in-parameters/

Yeah she worked for FANG companies.
And? That doesn't mean that you have to listen to her "advice".

>don't listen to highly accomplished ppl
??

Attached: mayuko.png (1136x656, 1.39M)

I have never heard about this before, this IN keyword is really cringe, they are just copying holy JAVA.
Is this the recommended pattern tho?

This video and this whole youtuber is a meme, you shouldn't fall for it man.

in param doesn't work with ref type you retarded fucking nigger, why do you do it for free for a trillion dollar company?

Its my preferred language for "professional" software. Python is for my "go to" quick system scripts.

>Mobile:
>Swift
>Java
>C#

Java is deprecated for mobile/Android.

Won't say that, kotlin will fade away in the next few years, it's just a new hype language

> java old and largely unused
> ruby isnt
The only ruby jobs out there are maintaining legacy or converting codebase so they arent using ruby

Yeah java is based

I use it at work, it's comfy desu

I use it for work.
It doesn't get in the way. It's fast enough.

If you've learned a language already it's super easy to pick up, Visual studio will hold your hand on a lot of the syntax and extended libraries

It's my preferred language for object oriented development using standard database models, as LINQ let's you mutate collections with efficient one liners

Attached: 9mh2yda59kd21.jpg (640x757, 108K)

They said that about Scala too...and Scala is being largely used in finance.
Kotlin is solid, It won't fade away that easy because It adresses most of java's problems and limitations.

If Kotlin fails as a independent language , It will still be around as a syntatic and productivity wonderland for JVM/Java development.
Also, If Kotlin pays offn(which i think it will) it will be huge, since alongside the JVM, you can have kotlin-JS, kolin-mutltiplatform and iOS.

It's a win-win situation.

Python can reach C speeds with the use of a JIT like PyPy/Pysco. You can also embed C code for the parts of your application that need to be performant

Python is only slow if you don't know how to optimize.

I don't really know what any of that means. I just want to be able to lie down on a beach and code for some money. Guess I'll start with either Python, Java or Ruby. Better roll a dice.

Attached: remote4.png (638x394, 591K)