He doesnt turn off his computer when he sleeps

>he doesnt turn off his computer when he sleeps

Attached: image-placeholder-title.jpg (1200x676, 85K)

Get fucked hippie

>pm-hibernate

I receive hydro electricity.

Well for me it's either turn it off or try to close my eyes with a bright blue spotlight firing right at my face.

Who was the genius who decided to make computer fan lights you can't customize anyway? I'd replace them but I just spent my paycheck on a new cpu.

*ahem*
FUCK THE CLIMATE
FUCK THE ENVIRONMENT
FUCK THE PLANET
BUT MOST OF ALL
FUCK THE JANNIES
*farts audibly*

Attached: 1561286798887.jpg (334x506, 42K)

Why wouldn't I turn it off?

I turn it on when I go to sleep, the noise helps me fall asleep

>the noise helps me fall asleep
I thought i was the only one. The quiet humming of the fans is oddly relaxing.

>his tower makes noise
Ohno no nononono HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the 6 years I've owned my current PC I've only powered off about 60 times (going off of the spin up count of my main system drive).
No reason to shut it off, costs me pennies a month and I don't have my PC in my bedroom since I'm not a kid or a cuck with roommates.

*kills you're pc*

Attached: 14189746-illustration-of-a-blue-liquid-drop.jpg (919x1300, 63K)

>Says global warming is real
>is wearing three thick layers and a rainproof coat

lol

I have personally hammered the fuck out of the fans so that my tower makes a soothing fan noise.

Yikes

Dad hacked the electrics for me, so the room where my PC is doesn't tick the electric meter.

Does it even effect your PC?

This I got all my fans running at max speed, it helps me relax.

>he doesnt know his pc is killing the planet

Attached: 000_1E257M.jpg (4166x2343, 726K)

>he doesn't turn off his router and phone while sleeping either

Attached: 1563982781350.jpg (251x286, 29K)

i dont care

based retard

>tfw not living in norway

I prefer nandway tbqhwyf

My current uptime is 134 days
My workstation never turns off.

this autistic cunt can neck herself

Attached: uptime 20190724.png (1022x732, 29K)

That's Anthony from LTT after losing weight and transitioning to female.

The EU will ship all of our electricity to Germany and we will get more expensive and shitty electricity made of coal from Germany. Fuck the EU and fuck politicians.

Wait is this true?

So what? Every kwh you use is a kwh that cannot be exported to replace dirty energy somewhere else. Unless you live in like Iceland where your grid is completely isolated, less usage is always more environmentally friendly even if your power supplier only uses green energy.

nah bro dont worry, liquid cooling is perfected at this point and will never EVER leak conductive liquids onto the most important components in your pc ;) trust me. air cooling is for retard

Gotta seed them torrents

>No reason to shut it off, costs me pennies a month
Fuck you, man. It's not about the money, it's about the literal metric ton of CO2 you have emitted. 12 hours extra a day at 100W for 6 years is 2628 kWh = 1.3 tons CO2 on an average grid.

Not to mention you are mistaken about the cost too, 2628 kWh is usually about 500 dollars total, almost enough to buy a whole new PC. Or over $7 a month. Not "pennies".

real question. How badly am I fucking my hardware by power cuclong every day with thermal cooling/heating vs leaving it on For a week at a time or whatever?

>He doesn't turn off his internet

You're only selling feel-good carbon credits: meaningless pieces of paper.
You'll still be using the same hydroelectric electricity, and we'll still be using the same coal generated electricity.

You'll also keep pumping up massive amounts of oil.
Which you know very will someone will burn up but let's pretend it's the oil consumers not the oil producers who are polluting....

Just unplug the power LED from your motherboard.

I actually do that.

Attached: 61103473_578406292685912_4439210365115238719_n.jpg (640x800, 55K)

Um sweaty... we suspend or hibernate now. It's 2019.

or put a sheet over it, retard

>sweaty
based spastic

How would I seed my torrents if my computer is off

based newfag

Yes I turn my pc off and your mom on.

Do people honestly think that turning off your computer means the electric company sends you less power?

I can't tell if you're a conspiratard /x/ poster, or you just don't understand how electrical transmission works.

You still have to pay for that power.

Sure but that's pennies a month for a computer in sleep mode at night

It only hurts your computer if you spill distilled water on it. Distilled water leeches minerals like copper from the PCB.

I've kept my PC to seed shit overnight since, I think 2010.
The few times I've turned it off, I was so unused to the sheer silence that I had turn it back on or it would distract me for an hour before I could fall asleep.
Soon I won't be able to sleep without the sound of a pc fan nearby at this rate.

Attached: 1559219412622.png (1400x800, 917K)

even 40 bucks/month is pennies for me

Uh yes, that's how electricity works.

Penny wise pound foolish.
Most electronics break during power on, because all the conductors are cold. By keeping it on 24/7 you actually save environment by not needing replacement parts. Save $5 of electricity, but now you have to buy a new GPU for $150. Totally environmental friendly. Eat sh.. and die, you f..heads.

How the fuck can you tolerate the humming of the fans?
The only reason i turn it off at night is because i can't stand the sound.

I can't. I have a TV tuner in it and sometimes it records programs when I'm asleep.

Not at all a smart argument. Even if there is some increased chance of breaking, that is a tiny factor next to the cost (environmentally and economically) of the extra electricity used. And I doubt it even does increase the chance of breaking, because many types of wear and tear is strongest when the device is on and constantly hot. There's a reason electronic components are rated in hours of operation, not number of power cycles.

I don't really hear them anymore and they've become part of the normal ambient sound.
I only "hear" something's off when the sound of the fans are missing

Why is it always the same smug/condescending expression? Why are the jews pushing this so much?

They rate in hours because limited explicitly stated amount of power on's would drive away normies to some competitor, who "does not have this problem". Is all marketing.

I am talking about electronic components used by the engineers that build the electronics (like me), f.ex. capacitors. Those need to have accurate specs and the engineers wouldn't fall for such marketing tricks. If the capacitors were rated for 10000 hours, but failed after 1000 hours when turned on and off more often, the manufacturer would get sued and their reputation would go down the shitter.

I do, but it's more because I want to give the SSD a break than anything.

of course I won't, temperature fluctuations would be bad for the hard drives

Tinnitus gets too bad when it's silent. I can't sleep without my TV and air conditioner or fan on.

Have you considered that maybe keeping all those constant noises on all the time is what gave you tinnitus?

According to powerstat utility my computer uses between 3-4 watts of power when doing absolutely nothing. I'm willing to bet this is comparable or even less than leaving your average home TV in "standby" mode rather than turning it off completely, so unless you turn off your fridge when you're at work to save the environment and you're extremely frugal about every aspect of your life that requires electricity you're not in power to criticize me.

What computer is that?

>he doesn't sleep on his computer

Attached: 1551635589712.jpg (1230x854, 153K)

My face can be your computer anytime.

Whats so stupid about this power saving bullshit is that if everyone collectively uses less power, the cost of electricity will go up to the level you were paying before you began conserving due to the fact that the power infrastructure is already in place to handle a large load and your government is contractually obligated to pay suppliers the amounts that were projected before everyone began conserving. In the end, you save nothing. And the "carbon savings" amount to pissing in the wind.

LG Gram 15z990. It has an "U" series intel CPU and a very efficient backlight. I don't think this result is particularly unique, I would suspect that most ultrabooks with similar specs achieve a comparable power draw.

They're not loud enough to cause tinnitus.

That's not funny. That's how my cat died.

you save a lot, with U processor laptop you save a ton

based

And how is wearing out my HDD with all those power cycles good for the planet? HM?
Checkmate, ecofascists...

lmao retard. exposure to noise of any kind damages hair cells and nerves. keep the noise floor low when sleeping and learn to live with tinnitus instead of trying to bury it in more noise. If you keep this up your brain will end up making up the noise all the time and at that point you'll be fucked.
t. tinnitus fag

Most electronics fail at startup. The inrush of current is what kills a weak component.
The savings of powering up and down are dwarfed by the maintenance costs.