Want to unlock device

>want to unlock device
>to do it, you have to go to their stupid shit website and WRITE A FUCKING FORM ON WHY THEY SHOULD LET YOU GAIN ROOT ACCESS TO THE DEVICE YOU BOUGHT FROM THEM

How the fuck is this anywhere near being acceptable? Why is nobody talking about this? Every single person who I asked about Xiaomi phones both IRL and even on this board never mentioned this shit. I'm thinking about just returning this crap immediately.

Attached: xiaomi.png (310x163, 1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.miui.com/unlock/download_en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's to try to minimise grey market sellers flashing their own botnet rom

Has been the same for 2 years. Should have done some research online or you know, stop being poor.

Just write "install custom rom" or something you fucking nigger, the chinks can't into English anyway. That's not the issue though, the shitty waiting for the unlock is bad. It was something like 360 hours or something.

the botnet always demand sacrifices

imagine believing chinks giving you the right to remove botnet without the fight

?
>oem unlock
>success
>???
>profit

>buying anything from the one company even more nefarious than google

>literally write "i want to root"
>they unlock it
are you retarded? have you even owned a xiaomi phone?

learn your lesson and stop buying from chinese companies.

I did do research for like a year and a half until I found the phone that comes the closest to what I want. Nowhere, and I mean, NOWHERE was this ever mentioned.

>stop being poor

What the fuck does that mean? I'd drop north of $700 with no consideration for a phone that has what I want and where I can own the software on the phone I bought.

Sure thing pajeet, now don't reply to me ever again.

>the one company that allows rooting the phone without losing warranty
>How the fuck is this anywhere near being acceptable?

Chang Dong Wang on Aliexpress.com the website unlocked it for me before sending out

have sex

user, the thing you need to learn and learn hard about /spg/fags is this:
They have Stockholm syndrome. A phone that doesn't anally rape them and send goatse pics to Chinese Communist Party HQ is considered a really great phone, like, wow, it has a notch and everything.

No smartphone is secure. They're toys.

If you can't compartmentalize your work and do it all on your laptop during specific hours. without requiring an 24/7 active device that is with you even when you're taking a shit, then you're being taken advantage of. If you don't need it 24/7 and everywhere for work, but instead for personal use, then you have no attention span, no ability to plan your day in advance, and no self-respect.

Except I didn't have to do that? I registered on their forum and clicked on the phone unlock and I had to wait some.

This wasn't a problem with my Motorola

>what is research before buying anything
Honestly, you deserve to live with your stupidity.

FAKE POST, they changed the bootloader unlock process ages ago, you don't have to fill any form anymore:
en.miui.com/unlock/download_en.html

>Please follow the steps below:
>Step 1. Download the Mi Unlock app to PC, and sign in with your Mi Account;
>Step 2. Shut down your phone manually, and hold Volume down key and Power button to enter Fastboot mode;
>Step 3. Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and click "Unlock".

>t. iJeet
Have buttsex

I don't really see anything wrong with the idea of a phone or a smartphone, but for some reason nobody the only ones people are willing to buy are those that are nothing more than disposable advertising platforms. If this was how we treated software on PCs back when they started taking over the world, companies would still use typewriters.
And yeah, I really can't comprehend the normalfaggotry of /spg/ on a board of autists that argue about which distribution of the basically same OS is better.

don't forget the 7-14(?) day waiting period after adding your mi account to the device

I suppose I'm becoming skeptical of the concept, knowing how utterly shit they are for privacy. I've started to ask myself hard questions, like "Do I really need to be able to read messages someone has sent me in bed at 1AM?" or "Is it necessary to have a GPS map app when I know exactly where I am?"

Basically everything can be done through a browser, which you can close, and through a laptop, which you can control at least as far down as the Intel ME. Phones can't even spoof their IMEIs. You may as well be walking around with a nametag.

The only thing that's irreplaceable on a phone is a taxi app. I'm thinking of getting the smallest android device that still has GPS for that purpose and that purpose alone.

Buy Librem 5

>I've started to ask myself hard questions, like "Do I really need to be able to read messages someone has sent me in bed at 1AM?" or "Is it necessary to have a GPS map app when I know exactly where I am?"
You're not wrong. There's something liberating when you find out you don't need half of the shit you do online. I've done the same thing about taking pictures because it's easy to become obsessive over documenting shit you will never look at again.

>The only thing that's irreplaceable on a phone is a taxi app. I'm thinking of getting the smallest android device that still has GPS for that purpose and that purpose alone.
So much this, and also for banking apps. My bank is currently getting rid of physical token devices, so you can either have mobile (iOS/Android) banking and web banking together or you have to go to the bank for everything like a 90-year old.

/
T
H
R
E
A
D

I would, but it's never coming out.

Next year :tm:

>I did do research for like a year and a half
>couldnt bother to check the rooting process
sucks to be a brainlet, doesnt it?