Are this guy's reviews legit or just disguised shilling?

Attached: Linux.png (535x521, 501K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MYZ1L6ynngM
youtu.be/Co6FePZoNgE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

his channel is wank
Jayz two cents or explaining computers everytime

just as much shilling as your daily reposts of him here

Well yes and no, he's legit at reviewing the things he shills for in disguise.
So maybe.

It's more just retarded entertainment than anything of actual value

He's a legit shill.
He shills but he tells you he's shilling.

i like his chink shit videos but for reviews you are better with anything else

Imagine watching consumer garbage like this in general

Attached: sexyram.jpg (335x351, 38K)

I want to murder him and I wish someone wrote a browser extension that filters him out of your youtube search results

I actually thinks he's honest. Obviously he's a total shill, but he's 100% open about it.

The project videos are entertaining, but most of the product reviews are kinda softballs. He's honest, but not brutally so.

It isn't disguised. He literally makes every Sponsor segue in every video he can into a joke, and brags about the free shit he gets from manufacturers.

Conversely, he's not really "owned" by anyone, so when he's not under someone's foot, he gives reviews and opinions from his own personal view, which is fine. For example, the Red Mag video. Red does nothing for him. He has no reason to shill for them. Which is why he's continuously shit on how expensive they are. He's never gotten free shit from Dell. Which is why he does so few reviews on their shit, but why when he talks about them, he's fairly honest and upfront about them.

If you have the least bit of reading/listening comprehension, it's pretty easy to pick out what he's being paid to talk about and say, and what he actually thinks.

His reviews are barely reviews. Take a look at his LG V30 review video for example. Half of the video is just him talking about the camera and "why doesn't it have a bixby button" rather than benchmarks or shit that actually matters.

It's about time people refer to him as the white pajeet

he's a salesman

I don't use him for reviews (well, sort of; I like the HP Spectre Folio because of his videos) but he's fun to watch.

He's 100% onions

holy shit does he have aids?

more like the white Technigga

He's very charismatic which is why he has a wife and kids despite being gay

>Jayz two cents

top kek

no.

Linus is pretty based:
>Honest about sponsors
>Honest about clickbaity titles and thumbnails and recognizes that the channel wouldn't have grown as much without it
>Still has appropriate keywords in title for regular viewers to know which series a video is apart of or whether its sponsored
>Admits mistakes and faults
>Fun (and a lot of the times expensive) projects in between review videos so his channel doesn't get stale
>His workers seem to be fine with him

fuck jayz two cents though

oh wait I didn't even answer the question: Yeah he's honest and pretty critical in reviews, but in sponsored "showcases" he's more or less bringing up talking points about the product.

/thread

There's a pic of him in swimming trunks making the most punchable, homosexual face ever
I hope that faggot dies

Attached: 1492373257717.jpg (750x671, 165K)

I want to suck the tip of Linus' tech!

Neither
It's shilling but not even disguised.

If you want a decent one, wendel from level1techs is good. steve from gamersnexus is good.

undisguised shilling

I've seen him give plenty of negative and lukewarm reviews. Of course he shills, he makes no qualms about that nor should he need to, as long as he gives honest opinions about the products, which he does.

This. Unabashed outright shilling is something I don't actually have a problem with. Shilling is only a problem when someone is pretending to be a neutral party but actually being paid off.

Also who the fuck watches linus for actual hardware reviews? His content is only somewhat decent as entertainment when they do whacky shit.

He's not even capable of keeping his shit working due to his own ineptitude half the time.

So neither his reviews should be considered Fully Legitimate nor just shilling.

They're legit. The recent 'controversy' regarding the mistitled product overview they uploaded made things very clear as where LTT's line is. You can buy 'screen time' from them, but you cannot buy their opinion.
Of course, this doesn't mean that you'll agree with their opinion or that they might overlook something etc. But of course, liking something you don't like constitutes paid shilling around here, so I suppose they're full blown shills.

he was caught shilling for Intel back in the day

No

Attached: images (1).jpg (225x225, 10K)

He refers to himself as an influencer, that speaks volumes.

Maybe

Attached: 1554647636026.jpg (527x646, 46K)

"Influencer" is just what we call celebrities nowadays. The word doesn't convey much meaning beyond having a large following on Youtube, Twitch, or Instagram.

It says my worth is my following, not my insights or perspective. Don't go to his channel for reviews so much as promotions.

>being aware and honest about your ability to influence people's thoughts is a bad thing

That's the point of a review.

Here's a review that won't influence anyone:
"The new iMac makes a very poor geosynchronous weather satellite."

See how it rather misses the point?

PAID ADVERTISER OF THIS E-CELEB FUCK OFF

He just shills

Attached: linus.jpg (842x575, 34K)

>It says my worth is my following, not my insights or perspective.
Why would you think your perspective is meaningful on channel where nobody is there for your perspective?

This

He's the least worst mainstream "tech" channel, FAR better then any MKBHD like channel

The term was coined by marketing firms buying ad space on these platforms. Do you think they care about the channel or the audience?

paid sponsored videos are on fridays
everything else beyond that is him dicking around with whatever is in his workshop while having some sponsorship ads to plugin or WAN show

I'm not thrilled about gay new terms like that either, but like it or not, that's the definition of what he is.

Why, yes, we all watch BASED Linus tech tips every time he releases a video. How could you tell?

Attached: LinusMediaGroupIncorporateFans.png (1279x720, 877K)

Tell me about the earrings. Why does he wear them?

>I showed you my Tunnel Bear answer me

Attached: 1561686063103.jpg (1200x1200, 225K)

>fuck jayz two cents though

Why do people say this? Like I don't care for the guy but did he do something shitty?

For some reason I just sort of hate jayz two cents. The name of the channel is dumb and he also just kind of seems dumb. He also looks like an asshole.

I honestly dont really have any data outside of that

I think he might die if he took them off, or it would at least be extremely painful

for you

He looks like a crack addict for some reason imo

he gives me h3h3 vibes
which discredits everything he says
also he's a big nvidia shill because he's afaraid of losing all of their free cards they send him

>disguised
He doesn't even try anymore.

He acts and talks like a nigger
I don't like nigger culture

i only watch ltt because alex is sexy

Alex is a head on a stick, he needs to bulk up

>n-word

J2C is actually a moron.

The only thing he knows is water cooling, as soon as you take a step outside of that he has no idea what he is doing.

Working for Linus seems fun.

both. he shills and reviews shit for 15 years old

Anyone can be a nigger, not just blacks.

mad respect to him for losing that weight, though.

Anyway,

>Gamers Nexus
Useless. They are the masters of giving you a fuckton of data but virtually no useful information. Also their graphs suck ass.

>Paul's Hardware
I've never learned anything from any of his reviews. The monthly parts & builds videos are nice though.

>Hardware Unboxed
Probably the best of the big tech channels. The benchmarks are informative. His commentary is pretty bad; he just repeats the information on screen.

>Jayz
I've never learned anything from any of his videos. His benchmarks are good in that they only compare the most relevant alternatives (which cuts down on information overload) but his commentary is lackluster.

The whole scene is fucked.

i don't watch many youtubers but I watched a little of his videos and overall he's ok
but when it comes to something that isn't hardware specs or price/performance he's tech illiterate, seriously look how pathetic this is: youtube.com/watch?v=MYZ1L6ynngM

>Tell us your communication or marketing goals and let us bring you the solution.

Attached: linus.png (1437x1008, 619K)

He does fun and stupid shit. The others just read some benchmarks and call it a day

Why is his staff full of chinks? Is this the state of current Canada?

can't believe this genius invented linux

This poster pretty much sums up everything. Gamers nexus is better being read since then you can just look at the graph instead of having to pause the video.

At the end of the day, no one review can be the answer simply due to silicon lottery, so a aggregation is the only answer.

I only watch buildzoid and level1techs .

If you're watching Linus for reviews you're doing it wrong.
Also he never "reviews" anything he's shilling. He says "this is sponsored" and then does something with it, or just reads off marketing bullshit.

buildzoid is a basedboy. His motherboard reviews are basically ASMR.

I would rate GN higher if they made two sets of graphs: a "full" set with the whole stack for their written reviews, and an "abbreviated" set that only compares 1-2 alternatives for their videos.

Like, look at their graphs some time. You literally cannot read half the numbers because they cram too much into one figure and the numbers actually overlap. That's bad graph design and it pisses me off. Drop one of the two "lows" categories. Drop the idiotic 40-CPU comparisons.

The point of benchmark videos is to set off the product in question against 2 or 3 of its closest alternatives. Save the full-stack charts for the written piece.

A rule of thumb for videos: every single number in the figure should be referenced at some point in the commentary. If you're not going to refer to a number, then it's extraneous and should be cut. This is How To Give Presentations 101.

Attached: buildzoid.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

>but in sponsored "showcases" he's more or less bringing up talking points about the product
This is my biggest problem with him, he recently made a video about one that got a huge backlash because of a video title mistake, that he calls sponsored videos "showcases". My issue is that if you're making a literal ad where all you do is read marketing fluff uncritically, that's not a "showcase", that's an advertisement, and should be titled as such. It's still pretty easy to tell when he's doing these shit videos so I can just ignore them.

Why wouldn't you shill for the massively superior graphics card company?
>imagine shilling for AMD whose new flagship card barely beats Nvidia's 5th best card

You do realise this is for their non-youtube page productions right? They do shit like make introductory/worker videos for Intel staff.

and how would you know that and why would you assume people know something like that?

linus has talked about it in the past.

Yes! Moar Linus Threads!!

Also, while I'm complaining, two other points of note.

First, I hate that every fucking video has to be 10 minutes and 30 seconds long to beat the Algorithm. It reduces quality.

Second, I hate clickbait titles and thumbnails. I understand why people do it. I know it drives clicks from 14-year-old children. But it reduces the professionalism of the whole enterprise. Jayz is particularly bad at this, and it detracts from the whole channel.

Attached: FB_IMG_1563430674187.jpg (640x1373, 47K)

>benchmarks
>mattering

You're literally on THE consumer board, negro.

What do you guys think about his Linux video
youtu.be/Co6FePZoNgE

Attached: D0IU3SfXcAEzq9M.jpg (900x705, 125K)

google is an asshole

For me, it's Dave2D

Attached: ImperfectFreeAnglerfish-size_restricted.gif (500x293, 2.93M)

>explaining computers
*transition title sound effect*

Attached: loonis.png (500x367, 209K)

Dunno about that, I remember him as a hardcore intel shill in the past, but he seems genuinely impartial now that AMD's afloat with Ryzen.

Looking from time perspective now, perhaps he never was really shilling for intel, it's just that AMD wasn't even a competition anymore just a couple yeats back. I think he's just genuinely excited about good hardware.

I got into building computers this year and I have to say that jayz 2 cents seems like one of the worst channels to watch by far. You can tell he's propped up by mong teenagers.

Well yeah jayz2cents is just a nvidia shilling fag. I would have a hard time finding a worse channel desu. Hardware unboxed on the other hand seems like the best out of the popular tech channels YouTube has to offer IMO.

The earrings withhold his power, kinda like that Shadow the Hedgehog guy

Niggardly technically came before the term nigger, and means ignorant. So if you mean to call someone ignorant you're better off being big brain and saying niggardly.

Is OP serious or just disguised retardstion?

>I've never had a razer laptop last more than 2 years but my choice of laptop for 2019 has got to be the razer

>nvidia
>not price gouged refreshes of refreshes
based retard

>Be Linus
>Autistically obsessed with algorithms and view counts
>Never once considers not dressing like a 13 year old kid from the 90s in a 30 year old body.

His videos would be dramatically better if not for his absolutely faggy appearance. He can't change his voice, but he's charismatic enough that it only offputs people watching for the first time and he has other hosts.