What IDE would you recommend on Linux?

What IDE would you recommend on Linux?

C, Java, JS, PHP.

I'm no hackerman I just want to write a few things.

Or just post your IDEs.

Attached: 1315689721777.gif (312x234, 2.85M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kIDWgqDBNXA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just a text editor. Everything else is bloat.

Vim really works for all of those. Vscodium is nice too. Intellij is also nice.

visual studio code :^)

this but unironically

>I'm no hackerman I just want to write a few things.
Try Kate and Geany.

Kate looks great, thanks.

Jetbrains

Vim
VScode
JetBrains

For what it does I add TeXstudio as bonus to the list.

pycharm for python

For C you dont really need a IDE. Dunno about those other languages

I like the picture. Brightened my mood.
Check geany too, it's neat.

Vim and terminal is all you need. Anything else is just rice and inefficiency.

Geany or Kate. Both are still editors, but with enough optional features to be midweight IDEs.

eclipse, incellij idea

codeblocks
BlueJ
Geany

These 3 are your top, Geany can really do it all, but I use all 3 but also use Thonny for python shit

VScodium

>codeblocks

Attached: lulz.jpg (390x310, 28K)

Would recommend not using an IDE

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1518277180020.jpg (463x600, 42K)

nano thats what you meant

>BlueJ
The worst fucking IDE. I need to give it a moment every 10 characters I type just to let it keep up, and if I type too much without a pause then the thing fucking freezes and uses 90% of my CPU until I kill it. The block highlighting isn't helpful anyway when you can do the exact same shit with tabs. My first-year uni professor forced all of us to use it for our projects and it was the worst. Just use IntelliJ.

I'm only using based Alpine without fat stallman

*nix + a good text editor is already an IDE.
I use vis because the regex multicursor mode is way more powerful than block mode in vim but any vi-like will do.

I use (neo)vim + fzf + ripgrep. ctags when needed.
It just works.

sam and ed are more minimal than nano
vis is more minimal than vim
I've been looking for a good non-modal minimal editor for a while since nano is surprisingly (or maybe not since it's part of GNU) heavy.
I used neovim for a while. It's pretty good but I switched to vis which is kind of like neovim but with sam regex. Although it's made from scratch and not derived from vim. Configuration is done in lua.

I use Emacs to write C/C++ programs, but there is good support for Java as well. I don't know if PHP support is good but I've heard ambivalent things about JS.

Geany.

Also this is relevent OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=kIDWgqDBNXA

Why is no one mentioning Atom? Atom is comfy af. Can compile tex files, has syntax packages and formatting for all languages, a slew of packages and modules to add giving you all the functionality you want, and nothing else!

I tried transitioning to vim, but when having more than like 5 files in the project atom is just so much easier

I use vim for small projects geany for medium jetbrains for large/VCS

Eclipse for poojava and js.
Kate is nice but then I tried Kdevelop and it really impressed me. I still use kate or vim for the random file.

Enjoy losing all your progress when it crashes.

Atom has never crashed on me even a-once