Why has nobody made a Linux Distro that is as convenient as Windows?

Why has nobody made a Linux Distro that is as convenient as Windows?

Attached: 1559299028751.png (265x314, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ihebchagra/dotfiles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's called Ubuntu.

freetards

desu both are shit, Linux gives you all the freedom and good DEs/customization but the "small" things like mouse settings or touchpad settings are absolute shit in Linux. i blame xorg tho.

Because people are not getting paid to work 8 hours a day on coding on a distro. Have you ever heard of this thing called open source and people working on distros in their free time for fun?

fpbp

Literally install Ubuntu OP.

Anything that comes with a desktop environment is easier to use than windows.

>as convenient as Windows?
That would be a very inconvenient distro, try arch.

Convenient to break out your wallet, be spied on, and sodomized by Nut-ella, yes?

Ubuntu has Amazon spyware

Well if you want the Windows experience of Linux, download Ubuntu with GNOME 3 and infect yourself with Evil Gnome, that basically gives you Windows 10 + Linux features and DE. Enjoy

Install Slackware and use XFCE or KDE

not possible loonix is for retards, so you're only ever gonna get retard code

>Because people are not getting paid to work 8 hours a day on coding on a distro
What are Ubuntu and Red Hat?

Linux is a kernel.

Windows isn't convenient

Nope, windows users want a distribution that is exactly like windows that runs all windows files and even has the same structure as windows. Anything deviating from windows is automatically deemed shit. When you point out that they should just stay on their proprietary shitware they get mad.

>What are Ubuntu and Red Hat?
They're not getting paid for OS development, they're getting paid to provide support infrastructure which is the paid component. And further it's an enterprise features so obviously is server and not desktop you moron.

Antergos and Ubuntu are both as easy to install as windows 10. Ubuntu is probably easier. Rip antergos, I'm pretty sure they never got their gui installer to be free of obvious bugs

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1555440931833.jpg (750x475, 154K)

Replies on Gee are so repetitive, not on topic and retarded that they could be made by some AI that went rogue.

you wanted it to be as conveniant as windows no?
i see that any form of spyware should be no issue.

tl;dr - not enough money

>They're not getting paid for OS development
get a load of this nigger lmaoooo

Yeah, because in enterprise Ubuntu and RHEL are never used as a desktop OS and the millions of dollars given to them by donations and paid by customers are going just for support nothing for OS development. Basically billion dollar company's are dependent on some pajeet willing to spent some time on a OS after his 9-5 job.

>as convenient as Windows
Why would anyone deliberately cripple their OS?

PopOS

Attached: j7g54kob2c021.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

There's no perfect distro
Debian
>Pros
>Once you install it and set it up, it just runs. No breaks, not tweaks, nothing. It's a rock. The complete opposite of windows(forced updates, always rolling new shit, new problems every month)
>60k packages, you want software choices you pick Debian
>Supports every fucking piece of hardware that exists even ones nobody but one person uses
>Redpilled pages on their site and the forums have nice bantz and shits on lazy fucks
>Cons
>Debian anti-harassement team, the SJW central of Linux. These fuckwits have power to remove the packages they think are offensive. They also rant about white male privilege and other retarded shit like that. They forgot Debian is a world wide distro and not a burger only one
>Packages can be too old for some users
>Website is a true labyrinth. Easier to google what you want from it than navigate it.

>Gentoo
>Pros
>You have TRUE command over your system. You can make gentoo whatever you want
>Probably the most secure distro since you are responsible for everything. It's your system, you've built yourself and no one else.
>Trillion of options to how you want build or maintain the system
>Good philosophy
>Cons
>Installing and setting up will require many, many many hours of your life.

>Arch
>Pros
>Great wiki compared to Debian's outdated one
>System can be kept up to day very easily
>AUR makes it possible to install any linux program on Arch a piece of cake
>Cons
>Sometimes things can break that are not your fault, no matter what they say. Reading the webpage is not enough, being subscribed to the mailing lists is recommended but even so there's always a risk something will break
>This distro tends to be popular with underage/zoomers and some of them are as annoying as they are stupid. They pretend they're running gentoo when you hear them talk about arch.

Pick whoever has less cancer in your opinion. All of them are better than windows though.

since you're providing good opinions please give me the pros and cons of my distro NixOS
I really could use an objective view on it

Yes I want to install nixos after using manjaro for a while, tell us what you think?

hey im this guy I'm sure you heard the advantages of nix but here are the bad sides I can think of
>While there is a default configuration (KDE environnement) this is not it just werks distro. You will need to understand how nix and the nix language work to do any meaningful configuration. It's kinda like emacs, when you have a config of your own it becomes godlike.
>You will have to learn how to use your system in a new way. For example in nixos you dont sudo make install but you make a nix packaage (14 line file generally) to install from source which means you will have to read like a quarter of the quite long nixpkgs manual probably once. This is absolutely necessary if you want the pros of nixos. But this is getting better because everyone already wrote packages for everything. I only had to write one for ueberzug and muttwizard but now those are out there in the nix user repository
>The documentation is not non developper friendly, if you have 0 programming experience you will find issue understanding things because nix is literally the result of a PhD study to solve a dev problem at its core

If you ever consider trying it i highly recommend using it on a vm first and try multiple configs that are by the tons on github.
Here are mine
>github.com/ihebchagra/dotfiles

manjaro cinnamon

because every loonix user wants to look like a wiz kid
they think typing xrandr to change the screen resolution instead of using a dialog makes them smart

nogaems

you mean creating a buggy faulty and crippled Linux distro?

Linux Mint Cinnamon?

gentoo

With the minimum of cinnamon in it.
Say it out loud.

Debian+KDE is the way to go. It's simple really. There has to be the single best GNU/Linux for it to be able to compete with Windows (which often isn't convenient at all).
And for cons of Debian: you can also install newer software on it via various ways including flatpaks, backports and testing. Any convenience upgrades should be added to Debian, not Ubuntu.

But until Debian is there, KDE Neon is pretty convenient and modern.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

I use Debian Sid KDE and I approve this message.

>>Installing and setting up will require many, many many hours of your life.
Five is now "many, many many"? First time btw. Or maybe I am just a genious with a massive space brain for following the installation handbook.

If by "convenient" you mean with the same prehistoric gimmicks windows has, then I guess you better off sticking with it. Ubuntu is the closest you'll ever get to the windows experience, and that's not a compliment.

100% agree

As long as it can't run .exe files a Linux distro will never be as convenient as Windows, since you're missing out on software that is actually good. The best option we've got so far is centOS but it will never be finished.

its called mint

is windows convenient? It really depends on what type of user you are

fuck I meant reactOS, it's so dead that I forgot what it was called lol

ReactOS is fucking wine. When ReactOS can "just double-click an exe" to run perfectly then so can GNU plus Linux.

this
Ubuntu + KDE = win

>KDE
>resizes window
Crash
>rapidly closes start menu and reopens it
Crash
>searches for a file
Crash
>installs a different DE
Crash
>touches the keyboard
Crash
>tries to send bug report
You need debug tokens
>tries to download debug tokens
Crash
>somehow sends bug report anyway
"We'll get on it!"
>issues not fixed five years later
>brand new version of KDE comes out! ...with the exact same bugs

PROTON
R
O
T
O
N

Windows is not convenient, you're just used to Microsofts weird way of doing computing.

>i have literally never had any of these issues in my entire life
sounds like you're retarded

How do I apply this proton thing on other programs? Proton literally just werks but wine is a shitshow.

>t.gnome dev

>I have never used KDE for 5 minutes
So you're just talking out of your ass then. Go outside fag.

>Windows
>Convenient
Explain this please

I literally used Kubuntu 18.10 for 8 months without ANY problems related to KDE, you stupid faggot

You're awfully volatile for somebody who claims to be without problems. Almost like you're in denial or something. But who would do such a stupid thing, for some free software with free alternatives nonetheless?

Installing, now keep your system, install/compile and see how much time you waste especially on large programs.

Nice argument, retard
Furthermore I also switched to OpenSUSE Tumbleweed two weeks ago and have also yet to experience any problems related to KDE
Keep coping, caveman

KDE plasma bro, better than windows.

deepin is pretty good

Because the only people who create desktop distros are programmers who couldn't get jobs at big firms like Microsoft.

The reality of the failures of Linux really comes down to both the creators and users of Linux distros are people who are not good enough for professional work.

Dude calm down with all that ass kissing. Microsoft's codebase for windows is notoriously dirty, so i don't know why you think it's an honor to work on it. Linux code is cleaner and you have bash, although windows has just gotten it. Either way chill out with the shilling.