How much of a gamble are refurbished monitors?

How much of a gamble are refurbished monitors?

Attached: why are decent 1440p monitors so hard to find?.jpg (1500x1125, 46K)

yes

yes

Be like me and buy yours from the thrift store.

Scored an AOC 1440x900 monitor for $5. Works great except for 1 dead pixel.

not even a gamble, it shit itself once, the chances it shits itself again and/or they didn't even bother to fix properly it is a certainty.

What a bummer, I was hoping I wouldnt have to pay out the ass for a decent 1440p 144hz IPS, oh well, such is life

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (490x774, 143K)

Literally anything could happen. Not worth the risk

Attached: boom.jpg (480x360, 16K)

depends on the return policy

buying new itself is a gamble so good luck

50%. This is my second refurbished monitor. First one came dead, but they sent a replacement unit right after.

if it's refurbished and has a good warranty just do it.

>refurbished
You mean returned, they didn't do anything to fix it, not that I would trust some random shop to fix it properly.
And it was returned for some reason.

it might fix itself if you tap on it or rub your finger on it

I tried many times user.. I'm worried if I try more it won't be that only 1 pixel that's dead

I just use a dark wallpaper on it to hide it.

there was another trick I don't remember, maybe you can look up for more, but you certainly won't kill more pixels, as long as you do anything lightly

I'll do some research and try it later. Thanks user.

i just bought a Asus MG248Q 24" 144Hz for 46 dollars
rephineased

You should always buy a new or refurbished monitor from a store which has a no question asked return policy (Not Newegg!). If it has a dead pixel or a bad panel, return it and buy another.

I bought a refurbished one about 3 years ago and its still going. But i was probably lucky.

>read this thread
>all these people talking about bad monitors
Did I get lucky or something? I've had a refurbished monitor for the past 5 years or so, it's worked great. I even bought it from Walt-Mart. No dead pixels, nothing.

Depends on the seller, and if it was actually refurbished.
You'll probably be alright with a manufacturer refurbished that's sold by a reputable seller, and you might have issues if you're buying from a random.
A lot of Muslim sellers on eBay will list, and/or consider pulls as new, or refurbished even though they aren't, and won't respond to emails if you have issues.

>Sample size of 1

Keep in mind the life span of an effective LCD panel before buying. That being said, I got my 3014 and 3011 from a retailer which had 1 year warranty. For most people a random 144 Hz panel new would be better than a super chode 16:10 20 kg behemoth which requires a pro gpu to access 10bit in games. Also if u buy via PayPal and ebay, u have the power of God on ur side so go nuts

Bought one once 10(?) years ago, a Samsung 2333SW. Within 6 months, aka 3 months after return period ended, it started showing red dots over areas with black on screen. It was some overheating problem with it and I couldn't do anything but try and keep it cool to prevent it. It was hell during the summer. I used it for about 6 years as a secondary monitor until it finally just stopped turning on all together. While I did get mileage out of it, I regretted buying it every time it started happening. I didn't even save that much money by buying refurb, could've spent $40 more and got it new and not hated myself.

pic related, not mine but basically looked like this but with red dots everywhere there's black

Attached: 1534274069460.jpg (958x539, 102K)

australia's dell online outlet sells refurbed monitors and offers warranty on them