I really, really want to root for it, but god damn it's garbage in front of MS Office

I really, really want to root for it, but god damn it's garbage in front of MS Office.

People will flunk their classes if they had to use LibreOffice Writer for typing in their assignments.

Attached: libre-office4.png (640x360, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Docs#Reception
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't use writer much. But the Excel equivalent has done me well for all my statistics and math courses in college. Just have to go through different menus for some things.

*business, not math.

What's wrong with it? It works.

That's why majority of schools use google docs and libre office, right?
And why they're banning ms office quickly

Office before 97 is better than this libre crap desu

>Word 6
>Excel 4
Those were real office programs

Writer can just about cope but Calc and Impress are two pieces of absolute shit. Especially Impress. How can it be so fucking slow and fucking shit. Bug ridden trash.

Based freetards not giving a shit about the PowerPoint meme.

Only commies use Google Docs

Most freetards don't give a shit about PowerPoint because most are beta males who have social anxiety disorders, so why would they want to program something that would require them to make human contact for 5-10 minutes?

impress sucks so fucking much -- it's not hard to use or anything, it's just a slow pile of shit
never really had to use calc for anything
writer is okay, I used it for a bunch of shit, it just works
the suite is kinda slow in general

if there's one MS product that I can really say MS put good, proper effort into, it's Office, because it actually does out-compete the competition when it comes to little quality of life things

Enjoy your phishing attacks and censorship
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Docs#Reception

Calc is literally on par with Excel. What are you smoking?

>supporting Libre office after what they did to libbie

Attached: 17RsC4W.jpg (766x552, 71K)

sooo...

Microsoft Office -> botnet
Office old versions -> it works?? but like, new features bro
LibreOffice -> broken as shit
OpenOffice -> discontinued ("it does better job than libreoffice", that says a lot about both)
Google Docs -> botnet reloaded
WPS -> Tiananmen Square botnet

I honestly root for google docs because at least it is breaking MS’s monopoly on the current “standard”.

do you know what a phishing attack is you moron? just don't be a fucking retard and you'll be fine

latex and doing your calc in r and python

Writer is just fine. It's on par with Word from 10 years ago, which has been used by millions of people to type their shitty assignments.

Use it right now because too poor to buy msshit and also too lazy to crack it.
And i fucking hated this fucking shit of software, fucking stupid broken ugly shit. Holy shit.
>Moving tabel 1mm
>End up with 3 new pages
>Print document
>Blank
End up using Google botnet for now and trying to crack msshit.

Attached: 1559492042589.png (551x491, 258K)

wheres the link to the mod

Writer is very good for what it is, but I have to reformat my docs in Word before submitting them to uni other they come out differently for my teachers. This goes especially for footnotes and tables.

This isn't Libre Office's fault. MS is constantly changing things up with Word to retain their place as market leader, so LO will always be playing catch-up.

I hear a lot of universities aren't accepting paper documents for assignments anymore.

And I take it from this thread that there isn't a decent freeware alternative to office?

Yeah, they don't, but many universities expect you to submit PDFs, which all word processors are capable of exporting to. Some services like TurnItIn automatically convert docx/doc/odt to pdf on submission.

Where's the WordPerfect boomers at?

you could just export as pdf

These threads are interesting because freetards comparing Office to LibreOffice, it can't compete with Office. It's really funny how completely delusional freetards are.

>But the Excel equivalent has done me well for all my statistics and math courses in college.
Lol.

And a dumb fuck prof could just tell you he wants the Word file.
Yes, this happens. Sometimes even for semi-legit reasons, because they want to add comments. Even though you can add comments to a PDF as well, but go explain that to some retard boomer and their IT staff.

I've been using it for assignments and it's been fine.

But what would happen if I just gave them an actual paper?

troff

LibreOffice is perfectly fine
If you actually need MS Office just run the Office365 variant online

I'm assuming you're complaining because you're a GNU/Linux user, because if you're already a windows user there is 0 reason not to just use Office

works fine for my use case of writing shitty fanfictions, typing up drafts to shitty internet people, updating my budget, and filling out my time sheets.

>if you're already a windows user there is 0 reason not to just use Office
There are many reasons. I hate the updates, for one.
Even if you only install Excel, it will download the updates for every single component of Office, every month.

Do they even sell the office suite alone anymore? I know several years ago they wanted to go the subscription route because "the cloud"

OpenOffice was always best.

I might be a retard but in Excel I always turn my stuff into tables for the alternating color scheme that makes it easy to read, it takes 2 clicks
Google Sheets has this thing called "alternate colors" and it takes three clicks
I have no idea where that is in Libre Calc.

Attached: 1285810345924.jpg (550x550, 144K)

Does it install in the background?

I mean, I'm using Debian right now, but with Windows I didn't really notice Office updates
Though I blocked a bunch of Office related services from starting

They're trying hard to push you to their online/subscription crap, but offline Office still exists (2019 is the current version).

>Does it install in the background?
Typically, it installs with Windows updates. On W7/8 you can still uncheck the updates you don't like, but on W10 you can't. If you have a slow connection it can be quite annoying. You can easily get 1GB of completely useless downloads a month.

Suppose it's more of a W10 issue than strictly just Office then

I genuinely do like Office, can't stand W10 though. It genuinely does get worse and worse with each update

Why hasn't some autist just ported Office to Linux or found a workaround to get it running?

Attached: sneed.png (625x717, 540K)

Just use latex beamer

>Suppose it's more of a W10 issue than strictly just Office then
It's definitely an Office issue. It's more annoying on W10, but it can be just as annoying on W7/8 if automatic updates are enabled.

>muh botnet
>he says while browsing Jow Forums
>he says while more than likely using a search engine
>he says while more than likely owning a smartphone

Works on my machine.

Attached: 1563926494877.gif (315x272, 2.34M)

fuck, im still mad

What the hell are you guys talking about?

>not using LaTeX for everything
the only people who seriously use word are 10-years olds making birthday invitations

Win 7 + Office 2010
max comfy

Attached: Wonyoung.jpg (2000x3000, 518K)

>I really, really want to root for it,
No, you don't.
You are just another braindead MS office shill you refuses to even TRY using anything else.

>MS Office
You mean Office 365 desu

Org-mode.

Hasn't failed me yet!