Always i see a scientist working in robotics using Linux but even i know people in areas like bioinformatics and...

Always i see a scientist working in robotics using Linux but even i know people in areas like bioinformatics and medicine who use. I mean is Linux better for science?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-25 07-20-47.png (1366x768, 1001K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ros.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Free is better for buying.

Its free and faster. And anything using I/O, like robotics, on windows will make you wish a hero.

ubuntu? no

Ubuntu yes, your average engineer/scientist doesnt give a shit about which distro to use, they just want something that works.

scientific Linux?

It's dead Jim.
Clear is the new scientific

Linux is better for everything that doesn't require proprietary adobe shit and the like.

i'm pretty sure some chink scientist doesn't want amerimutts stealing his shit so he'll use Linux, yes.

Oh yeah I want a fresh copy of 7 year old centos because muh cern uses them
This. Practically every lab I went to uses Ubuntu, although computing server runs on RHEL or some shit

this, linux is shit.
They program their programs self, so why program on windows , where you need to buy license, when you can do it on linux 4 free?

Most of the people I know that work in medicine and biology are absolute tech retards and they all use either OSX or Windows.

It's more secure and privacy-protecting.
A lot of scientific programs / utilities run on Linux.
Scientists are often as dedicated to the common good as the open source movement, so they're more likely to use open source.

But I'm also interested in more reasons for that.

Attached: ujyXDm7.png (1267x716, 509K)

Shit tier English.
Fuck off, subhuman.

First day with the English language plugin?

Because ROS uses Ubuntu.
ros.org/

Attached: rosorg-logo1[1].png (254x73, 5K)

>Scientists are often as dedicated to the common

Attached: 1438799210656.jpg (450x472, 52K)

for the most amount of compatibility, scientific linux users will just switch to centos

I just need a browser and something to write latex in and a pdf reader to do all my scientific work in my field. I work in medecine so other than writing stuff and looking up things i have no need for a computer
Linux is just more conveniant since its free and pretty fast on any machine

>hahahah speaks only 1 language and shit talk people, who can speak 3 different language.

Wow you got me bro, now fuck off ,fucking fat linux nerd.

linux is used by huge autists, no shit it's used by scientists
what do you think they are, huge autists

lol cope shitskin
>muh 3 languages!
you need to learn other languages because your shithole countries language is completely irrelevant

cry more