Clear linux

Calling it, this shit is going to become the de facto normie / mass population distribution in a couple of years.
I believe higher ups didnt give so much of a shit about it untill they found it's actually quite nice and fast as hell. Now, much like Steam and their steamOS they plan to use it to leverage against windows if things go wrong.
Intell advertising their own OS and putting some benchmarks to show on mass media could make a lot of damage microsoft.

I think is great btw, even if the close like google with android all the rest of the distributions would greatly benefit from it.

Attached: tut-clear-linux.png (840x370, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clearlinux.org/documentation/clear-linux/reference/system-requirements
lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/[email protected]/thread/MPFXH4Y5LDC5L2VXWKUHAX3WAKBQXR4U/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I started reading about nixOS recently. seems a distro that would replace the top 3 distros in a couple of years

More options is a good thing. I wonder if that distribution will play nice with other hardware manufacturers out of the box though.

braindead shill

As lomg as it has an intel cpu itll be fine. Thats whe whole point of this distro.

Even unoptimized AMD runs faster in this than in other distributions.
Thinking about it an AMD distribution would be cash

I don't have an intel CPU so I could care less about some arbitrary locked-in distro.

Clear Linux leads in almost all of the Phoronix benchmarks. So I think you might be right.

been on nixos since fedora 13 and it won't ever get into top 3 because that would mean explaining nix to brainlets (impossibru)

It only has a considerable lead in some select, special-case benchmarks like boot times. Plus it always has extreme optimisation flags versus opponents' bare -O2. Oftentimes its performance is equal to fedora workstation.

now try popOS

>an amd distribution would be cash
What's stopping you from making one?

If it's not easy to use, accessible and has a large repo, it's not going to happen.

Most people on Linux should really try popOS since they're too fucking dumb to properly set up their own system.

I have no respect for intel and AMD for making such sophisticated CPUs with intricate registers, and not providing tools to automatically optimise your code for them. So I won't slave my life away doing it manually like an idiot.

i went with popOS because Ubuntu ran like trash and was pretty trash too
popOS doesn't come with bloatware, comes with a better GNOME, comes with graphics drivers preinstalled, is cutting-edge, etc.

Is this bait, or are you actually stupid?

Not an argument, shit eater.

So you are actually just stupid

does it have negative optimization on AMD platforms?

no. it's faster on intel but it still outperforms ubuntu on amd

Not an argument, keep eating shit.

>Even unoptimized AMD runs faster in this than in other distributions.
Sauce

Nah, AMD also runs faster, just not as much faster as intel

Phoronix has the biggest hardon for this distro. Any benchmark involving linux (amd included) has clear as a reference

>and not providing tools to automatically optimise your code for them
Stop being stupid. If you were smart you would know exact how retarded your post was, but you're just a dumb dumb who doesn't deserve to breathe air.

I just asked for sauce to
>Even unoptimized AMD runs faster in this than in other distributions.
user.

Still not an argument, go eat and spew some more shit. Or are you implying compilers can optimise as well as an elite team of intel engineers (which clear linux has)? Retard

Nothing. I can see a cloverOS type gentoo based distro with packages compiled with -march=znver1.

What's the point?!! Gentoo is to squeeze max performance out of deprecated CPUs (which 90% users fail to achieve).

Yeah, let me know how that goes when Intel bleeds itself dry.

Wtf even is "unoptimized amd"

Code that is not optimised for AMD.

>Still not an argument
No, you're just not capable of knowing just how dumb you are yet.
>Or are you implying compilers can optimise as well as an elite team of intel engineers (which clear linux has)?
More proof on just how little you know.
>Retard
Go on user. You're on a roll.

You're incapable of refuting me. As it is, you've said 0 technical terms and have not proven any competence. Therefore, I am objectively better educated than you on this topic (since you cannot refute me). Feels good basically owning spergs online.

Because when i think about optimizing a distro for a particular microarchitecture, gentoo is the first thing that comes to mind short of creating an entire new distro. And i think gentoo with a cloverOS style automated setup and precompiled packages is the easiest way to create a ryzen-optimized distro.

I meant, modern processors are plenty powerful for desktop use. How do you do a generalised automatic PGO and LTO for packages?

Programs that are explicitly compiled with an intel microarchitecture in mind, say -march=sandybridge. Optimized amd would be the same with an amd microarchitecture, like -march=znver1 for zen.

Never happening, US has enough goy money to keep them alive forever, it would be antisemite to do otherwise

Cloveros is a shit distro though. Fvwm, and text based programs a la luke smith minimalism. Shit is unusable garbage.

Just have a repo hosting packages compiled with -Ofast and -march=znver1.

I don't think that automatically does PGO and LTO.

The installer lets you choose from a bunch of WMs and DEs. And text-based installers can be just as intuitive as GUI ones, just look at ArchLabs. CloverOS also installs extremely quickly. It's obviously not as polished as mainstream distros, but it does what it needs to do, which is providing Gentoo to people who can't be bothered to go through the install process, like Antergos and ArchLabs do for Arch.

Add --enable-optimizations and that should do the trick.

Is that not just for python code?

ClearOS is significantly fastrr than even Gentoo

It is. For GCC, i guess using -fprofile-generate and then compiling with -fprofile-use does PGO.

show some benchmarks then faggot

It IS Gentoo, only with packages compiled with aggressive CFLAGS.

There are many benchmarks demonstrating this fact.
Any Linux is about the same as any other Linux except for the things that make it different and in this case the specific optimizations make Clear significantly faster. Nothing to be ashamed of or to hate on, the other distros need to learn. It's all in the open so everybody can be fast.

Attached: Screenshot_20190725-054535_Samsung Internet.jpg (1578x1203, 403K)

>less is better
AHAHAHA IMAGINE BEING THAT NAIVE

My bad, i read CloverOS when you wrote Clear. My reply was about CloverOS.

nixos while honestly has the pros to defeat all those distros will always have the con of being extremely hard for brainlets to grasp or to normify
It will always stay a fringe distro
It is quite literally the emacs of distros

Amd distributions already exist

I'm looking for one for my ryzen desktop. Do you have a suggestion?

openmandriva has a precompiled znver1 imagine but it used clang instead of gcc

NixOs is absolute garbage, try doing something that is not defined in their shitty config file , protip you can't. It brings nothing for desktop user, might be good if you have to manage multiple workstation in a work/uni environment but that's about it

The config file is the whole point of fucking nixos, it's what allows portability, stability and massive extendability
If i wanted to install shit sudo make install id be on gentoo or arch. If you're not willing to accept the change than don't expect any advantages.
It's like using arch but then installing dpkg on it...why? that's just dumb. The nix langauuge allows you to do anything you might want so it's no limitation if you bother understanding it.
You just proved my point that brainlets can't adopt it because they can't bother with learning new stuff or changing their stone brains.

No.

What FANGS are using is the Linux

and it is Ubuntu.

/thread.

Like I said all your points are completely useless for a desktop user, why would I waste hours learning your shitty config for no benefit at all. Go shill your shit somewhere else, NixOs and guild both autistic pointless garbage

>guild
>Stability and extendability are useless for desktop
ok bud
I'll leave you to whatever baby toy you use

Attached: 66432963_2394254787465031_746607410742820864_n.png (485x637, 396K)

Interesting. I'll try it when i get home.

>>guild
GuixSD if it wasn't obvious enough retard
>>Stability and extendability are useless for desktop
it's just another repackaging of the same gnu and other open sores software, stability has mostly nothing to do with the distro and what is even extendability supposed to mean, like I said I don't need to re-install the same config on multiple machines so all your complicated global config is 100% useless autistic trash

clearlinux.org/documentation/clear-linux/reference/system-requirements
why aren't there more distributions which require modern hardware and are aggressively optimized for it?

Clear Linux' cpu baseline requirements are:
lahf/sahf/64bit cpu
ssse3
sse4.1
sse4.2
aes
(f)cmov
pclmul(dqd)
cx16 (cmpxchg16b)

Which is nice. But not enough. How about avx2, lzcnt, popcnt, movbe? I'm too lazy to do this myself with Linux from Scratch. Also Clear LInux is optimized only for Intel. meh.

related: lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/[email protected]/thread/MPFXH4Y5LDC5L2VXWKUHAX3WAKBQXR4U/

(are fedora developers just stupid in both ways? there are high levels of sjw talk and crybabies... now I understand why I always hated fedora/redhat)

Attached: powered-by-fedora-tips-fedora-2422996.png (500x815, 109K)

The repository is bare though. A normie friendly fork will get big, that's my call. Clear Linux will be the Debian to an in established 'clear Linux ubuntu'

>Feels good basically owning spergs online.
Kek. Being this brain-dead.

GNU Mint for normies
Clear GNU for dedicated devices/developers
Pop!GNU for everyone else
You don't really need anything more.