Attached: based.jpg (752x233, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Intelligence_Agency#History
matrix.org
riot.im
halogen.city
youtube.com/watch?v=WYUOKnZkgko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Discord pretty much convinced me that solutions to non-existent problems can work. So now I wonder why gTorrent died so quickly.

Hasn't even slowed me down. Wire works just fine as a replacement to that hunk of junk.

You need to market it effectively

100% this, Discord is filled with literal nonfeatures that (for some reason) people seem to pay for. Zoomers seem to have too much money or just a loose wallet. I can't believe this project hasn't died yet. In the end, i guess if you have the userbase then you're too big to fail?

Users first, monitisation later?

>this kills Jow Forums
this provides Jow Forums with lulz, faggot. IRC is still king, everything else is pure homosexuality.

>Users first, monitisation later?
already been happening there since it started.

>proprietary
>has a literal shill team
>full of underage retards
>constant drama in every server
>created by someone known for spying on users (pic related)
>so full of telemetry even changing tab in the settings page get logged
>furry faggot mods that ban loli but allow the furry version of the same shit
>developers so fucking retarded they managed to make the login page vulnerable to CSRF
>filled with cringe attempts to look "cool" by parroting dead memes even in the loading screen
>and the cherry on top of the pile of shit: made with fucking Electron, because fuck learning anything else than javascript
I'll pass.

Attached: 1557879263983.png (957x1211, 322K)

But my boy IRC is still on top.

this is the truth

Only trannies use D*scord

>be me
>studying in the public library quiet room
>2hrs in
>guy comes in with laptop open
>a couple of minutes later
>hear someone talking audibly
>look over my shoulder
>it's the same fucking guy
>his laptop with discord fullscreen
>he's casually conversing with his butt buddies
>???.gif
>I immediately leave
>Should've stayed home
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

Attached: received_1244050922422000.jpg (750x408, 39K)

discord is basically the instant messaging and voicechat platform for children. its easy to make a server, invite your friends and play house. the oldest kid will play daddy, the girl will play the mum and all the other kids will get their colored roles so they can feel special too. they have a lot of fun shitposting and roleplaying, butting heads until someone cries then drama will ensue and the butthurt kid will make his own server and invite his most loyal friends over there while keeping those he doesnt like out. with the community now split and the activity levels halfed, some of he children will get bored and either leave or stay offline. whith the most active members leaving the activitly levels will further drop until both servers are dead. THE END

Attached: 1541828871572.jpg (600x400, 33K)

This is a shockingly accurate summary of what I experienced on Discord over the last 2 years or so, except it had more furries.

>using discord
They literally share what you're doing with CIAniggers and antifa. No thanks.

>not telling him to stfu in a public library
>go home instead
late stage morbus cuckus

Most people that have it use it because their friends have it. Its the gamer version of Facebook. It just werks

why people gotta use branded everything? can't things just be generic? use irc for christs sake

trannycord consumes a heck lot of memory

>Can't even confront someone in the library
Yea it's your fault the library is shit.

>They literally share what you're doing with CIAniggers and antifa
>antifa
u wot m8

skypefags on suicidewatch, teamspeakcucks eternally BTFO XD

Dubs of truth

Attached: 1558791030823.jpg (365x365, 56K)

if i'd be less lazy i would make a script to flood their support with
>you said it's easy to make a server but where's the tarball?

There's been videos about this. Antifa got its hands on screenshots from discord chatrooms that it doesn't look like there would be any way for them to get aside from someone giving it to them. And the SPLC is known for buying data from discord and known for backing antifa.

I'm not joking. If you're a bad goy, discord themselves will leak your stuff to antifa groups.

Attached: 1552937163937.jpg (589x939, 157K)

>free
no, you pay in user data
>secure
they steal your user data
>works
slow as fuck memory obese freezes on old laptops
>simplify
doesnt get at any simpler then no, fuck off and die shit program

but it's true

Attached: 1563447817138.png (919x716, 111K)

There's no way I'd be able to get my parents onto Discord.

It just works. Cry more, and don't forget to look for furry erp servers to be angry about.
>but muh privacy
Everyone steals your data. Everyone. No, it's not okay, but your crying won't change shit. So cry even more.

>calls out trash software by their name
nice

Reminder that Matrix/Riot.im exists and does almost everything that Discord does, except perhaps group voice chat rooms.

Or some people just got the invite link and followed it. But I guess that's not free speech enough for you. Must be the evil jews.

No, this has been analyzed to death for years now. It's open and shut, discord themselves were selling out their users. It wasn't an issue of bad opsec.

I just use a discord irc bridge. Its pretty alright.

This

I don't think you'd find the CIA and Antifa agreeing on much...

how could you be so naive?

Attached: dagoth chad.png (1080x1331, 619K)

read en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Intelligence_Agency#History

You have an incredibly simplistic view of the world. antifa are the low-level enforcers of the establishment. The establishment doesn't give a fuck about their LARPy anarcho-communist shit so long as they go into the streets, """punch nazis""", dox/harass dissidents, and so on. They're just useful tools of the glowniggers.

>antifa are the low-level enforcers of the establishment.
So that's why they're protesting about so many things they do. It's all a worldwide false flag operation orchestrated by the CIA! Now it all makes sense (if you suffer from bipolar disorder syndrome)!

>secure
until they sell your data and report you to the police for wrongspeak.

look at charlottesville.

you're so poorly educated on the subject that your entire shitpost may has well been just obese hamfists bashing away at random on the keyboard. how the fuck do you not know how these intelligence agencies work? your life is a fucking disaster. get an education higher than yr5, retard.

At our company we just ditched Skype to start using Teams. It's alrightish I guess.

>It's all a worldwide false flag operation orchestrated by the CIA!
it actually is

t. someone from a far away country that got fucked by the CIA and they released the documents confirming it.

Post documents.

I don't get it. What bullshit servers are you guys joining? The only time I ever hop into discord is to talk about a game as I'm playing it. I.e I make a server so me and my buddies can all converse while playing Battlefield, COD, Borderlands, etc. Have none of you jumped into a discord just to raid in WoW or FF? Are you telling me you faggots use Discord for anything other than a glorified ventrillo or mumble server?

I bet there's trannies here too

Apparently some people unironically use it to exchange their thoughts on how much they hate black people and immigrants (but only non-white immigrants). On a public service that only requires a short invite code for anyone to read and follow their expressions and which has unclear financial backing.
You must be pretty fucking retarded to even consider that, but here we are.

You don't understand Jow Forums's mindset, popular thing is popular so this, it is bad/botnet/honeypot/tranny. Optimism is dead.

Attached: 26bfbf6b141bf16019c16743f908cae9_fitted_740x700.jpg (560x700, 70K)

Not for long

>I don't get it.
>to talk about a game as I'm playing it.
You won't. Go back to .

fucking pussy should've told him to be quiet

>Discord, a program designed exclusively with gaming and gamers in mind
>REEE why are people using it for he's?! Go back to /v/!!!
Lol shut up nerd. Go back to programming whatever irrelevant garbage you let consume your life

If it was targeted primarily for gaymers, it won't be shilled so much all across Jow Forums(nel).

>shilled so much all across Jow Forums
The hell you talking about? All I see is people complaining about it.

Server advertisements on Jow Forums, for example.

t. a literal scared nazi

and discord's marketing is almost entirely adolescent peer pressure. and i don't just mean adolescent aged individuals, i mean adolescent-level bullshit like paying for emoticons and colored names in the user list

Redpill me on what irc servers you use

its exactly like reddit except on a smaller scale, for people who don't quite drink the kool aid but still want a neon colored beverage that drains their self respect as much as their hydration level

that word doesn't mean anything anymore when jews are nazis now. stop being an impressionable faggot

IRC was king in 2003, before Jow Forums existed

Jow Forumstrack

Zoomers have money for things they want (phones, laptops, software) but not for things they don't want (loans, living expenses)

of all the voip software that has been popular over the years, for me, it's Mumble

>this kills Jow Forums
How's that? Why would anyone stop browsing Jow Forums for discord? The point of imageboards is the anonymity. Discord requires registering an account

>2003
Longer than that. I was using it in 1993.

why? Jow Forums loves trannies and trannies love Discord

high IQ
if you live a slave you might as well enjoy it

discord is pretty much zoomer IRC...and seeing the others popular messaging systems of today, I'm really happy that kids are using it...Jow Forums just don't like it because it just remember them that when they where 14yo they didn't have cool e-friends

>oh what's the matter user, are you POOOOOOR? Huehuehuehelelelelele *flosses maniacally*

no its more like we grew up and saw how those communities were hives of maladapted social interaction and people seeking to take advantage of impressionable youths and discord seems to be even more purposefully designed for that purpose than anything that has come before it

Trips of truth

BASED

>swarms of trannies, degenerates, etoths, faggots, all in all the scum of todays youth
>cool efriends

Attached: 1535321431908.png (3640x2140, 1.45M)

20 years ago they were all goths and geeks doing the same things since teens are a puddle of hormones...you never used irc/aol/icq/msn in your teens or you just wasn't weird enough in school

>not trusting a shitty corporate service means optimism is dead
>being this fucked by corporate cock
please kill yourself at the nearest opportunity

i used it, it was mostly just boomers instead though

and even then the teens weren't this degenerate, some were drug addicts but nit as big of a part as todays are what i listed

>Use Skype
>Uses a lot of CPU and RAM resources in the background especially as an app
>Screen share was nonexistent or really bad.
>Voice chat was good but it could easily cut out at points.
>Each Skype update would make everything worse and make it more like a cell phone app than a desktop app.
Discord is the opposite of this. Screen share was easy, it's not resource intensive and also the features it has like group chats and customization were really well done. Especially the app used for it.

They still live with their parents, so they can use their entry-level job money to augment their already middle class standard of living rather than needing it to survive. Things might change when they move out, but perhaps the last decade of social and economic changes has modified attitudes such that their parents are less likely to pressure them.

unironically this

Discord is IRC

You sound pretty bendable not going to lie

Discord is proprietary and doesn't use IRC protocol. Not that it should, as IRC has been dead for decades.

Discord complaint thread?
I will say it's objectively not best
I will say this though my irl friends use it when we play vidya or get drunk on the weekends and are to far away to actually hangout that weekend
that's why we use it
we switched from mumble a while ago after having some issues and we heard about Discord from another friend so we just downloaded that and made our own little room where my friends hangout and their friends friends join in from time to time
I know it's a pretty shit reason but we didn't need much of one to use it

Attached: 1535420521554.jpg (403x403, 31K)

You can do the same with Matrix and Riot and even run your own server with a fancy domain name.

matrix.org
riot.im

You can also use halogen.city if you don't feel like setting up your own, but owning a homeserver comes with a lot of benefits and a greater ability to curate your own space in the federation.

I'm a zoomer and IRC doesn't seem dead to me. I'm on #linux on freenode often and it's very active.

IRC has small pockets of usefulness but the total user count was at its highest in the early 2000s

This, I finally understood when a semi serious programming related server was shut down and was left with a message to join another server. This happened 3 times then everyone returned to the original, still don't know what the drama was about.

>not using irc
you will never be Jow Forums

Attached: weev.png (1243x776, 676K)

I know it's a lot like IRC, but you guys do realize for 99% of people it replaces Skype and TS for a VoIP client right? The text chat features are secondary.

>replaces Skype
Skype was never designed for gaming. Sure it replaces shit like teamspeak and ventrilo but that shit was old and dead years ago.
I can't imagine any professionals using discord over skype.

I kek'd

Skype was a general use program that a lot of people on discord probably switched from.

Discord is zoomer central.
I just use steams group chat or mumble with my gamer pals.
(linux+mac guys)

Holy fuck, you are retarded, you seriously think a bunch of college liberals are cooperating with the CIA? How fucking dense are you?

any chance you'll hand out that mumble ip?

It's because people here are fucking antisocial, reclusive and don't talk to much people in general, so they join Discord servers and they think they will find buddies with their Jow Forums mindsets, but when they see no one shares their fucking stupid beliefs they come here screaming about "MUH TRANNIES" and "MUH JUICE".

imagine unironically being brainwashed with leftist psyops to shill companies for free when given certain stimuli
youtube.com/watch?v=WYUOKnZkgko