I developed an algorithm that can compress any amount of data instantly into a few bytes at most

I developed an algorithm that can compress any amount of data instantly into a few bytes at most

I call it "the shortcut"

Attached: spell-clipart-green_frog_or_toad_wearing_a_wizard_hat_and_casting_a_spell_with_a_magic_wand_0515-090 (293x300, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nice, general rundown of how it works?

Instead of wasting valuable time with examining data and trying to compress it, it simply creates a new file that points to your file. This way we have achieved 100% compression of your original data

You sure post a lot for a namefagger
Based

but doesn't the data remain uncompressed?

namefagging is a risky move when you act retarded

Of course - this allow us maximally efficient, instant decompression as well

but it isn't actually compressed at all
in fact you are wasting space because you added a small file to point to the original. You should use hard links if your filesystem supports them, instead of creating a shortcut

Of course it is compressed, it just requires the original to decompress

I don't think you're correct, no compression took place. You only pointed to a file

One of us is wrong and I think it's you

I think you're wrong about that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression
Take a look buddy, and admit you're completely wrong

/thread

>Data compression, the process of encoding digital information using fewer bits
But you didn't reduce the number of bits, you added bits when you created the shortcut

No, there's clearly way less bits. What are you smoking my man

you have 's bits plus the bits that define your shortcut. There is nowhere that you subtracted any bits

How big is the shortcut you might ask? The shortcut = less bits, main file = more bits, thus allowing instant efficient decompression. Have you even read Linus's book on compressing and decompressing algorithms?

less bits + more bits > more bits
your own math my man

But if I only give you the shortcut, effectively I have achieved 100% compression

no because the original data would be unattainable. There would be 100% lossiness in the compression which imo is unacceptable for most data sets

But if you ask me nicely I'll give you the datafile too so you can instantly decompress

so then I have a shortcut and the original data, which is more bits than just the original data

Well that's not my problem anymore, you got all you wanted

What if I wanted a compressed version of the original file, which is what was promised to me

Oh my god can we just ban all of the tripfags please

Attached: confused.jpg (1254x902, 107K)

Are tripfags always this retarded?

Unless they're doing it for a very particular reason. The ones doing it to get attention and recognition are all fucking retards.

no I like him. I think he's rather funny and would love to have him around more often

10/10

Attached: 1422971119054.png (714x707, 271K)

I was gonna post this what a fucking retard. They are all a bunch of clowns.

if you compress the shortcut will you achieve 10,000% compression rate?

kino thread

With such an optimized format, you will only create overhead and increase the filesize

most autism I've seen in a while and part of my job is working with autistic children, thanks

fair enough. it was too good to be true now that I think about it.

I always email shortcuts instead of full files to save other person's bandwidth.

Attached: ollesafeee.jpg (800x450, 39K)

This,

Attached: science.webm (640x480, 747K)

You can actually do this so long as the shortcut points to an smb file share hosting the file e.g. "//192.168.1.1/share/file.txt"

is it the middle-out compression?

>He figured it out

Attached: DY_dqGXX4AAqde7.jpg (1000x581, 63K)

This. Mods make it happen. I'd rather mine crypto in my browser than have these retards on the board.

Dumbasses
He means a literal shortcut, it's called "a joke."

Attached: homunculus_loxodontus.png (400x521, 353K)

I remember when some kid claimed this unironically at some tech expo

kek

U faggot name fag fuck this entire thread is a joke about a project by a literal kid called CyborgUSA where he claimed to compress the entire constitution or some shit into 1kb and he said he could do it with any file including videos and music when he was just making shortcuts to them. The kid's twitter and all the pictures of his retarded shit have been deleted because he probably realized he's a dumb fuck but if you look around you can see some websites talking about his shit.

Good thread

Best thread I've seen in a while.

imagine being as fat as Jordan, with a sorry ass haircut and dumb glasses.
Hes knows hella shit about computers and he's on here all day, huh?

I can convert vids to MP4 from .m3u8 and .ts in curl and ffmpeg.
I am a smartz.

Attached: 1563242515617.jpg (330x310, 53K)

summerfagging is a risky move when you are retarded

I achieved even better compression. I give you nothing. You flip a coin a record heads and tails as 1 and 0, keep doing it until you find your file.

I just created shortcuts to all my games and deleted the rest, works like a charm. Thanks mate.