Intermediate programmer beginning Python

Any good resources for intermediate programmers switching to Python?

Most of what's out there is geared towards beginners, and needs too much skimming to find the good stuff, which wastes time.

Attached: opengraph-icon-200x200.png (200x200, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html
docs.python.org/3/library/index.html
python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/
learnxinyminutes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html
docs.python.org/3/library/index.html
python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

Attached: 1562607058575.png (971x280, 94K)

Why would any intermediate programmer switch to python

Take out every bracket you're used to and replace all keywords with monty memes. Thats all you need to know

The C Programming Language by Denis Ritchie and Brian Kernighan

Lisp

This. I also liked the book series Learning Python and Programming Python when I was learning. If you're a book kind of guy, you should find them helpful

Holy fucking based. This was me 5 years ago. Fuck performance, fuck syntax, fuck lost comprehensions, and most importantly, FUCK JANNIES.

SICP will sort you out right. Read page by page, no skipping.

literally just google "learn python free"
its by datacamp or something
i dont like where youre forced to watch all videos in order like 25 hours for shit you could pick up as an intermediate programmer faster just by seeing a repl example and explanation until you are ready to go on to the next chapter.

An intermediate programmer is embarrassed to admit they don't know Python

Absolutely based
Automatetheboringstuff
Skip over shit you already know

relate

python is especially difficult because my autistic self cannot stop thinking about all the low level that is taken care of when writing python instead of just writing the damn code

is this the curse of starting to learn coding with C instead of Scala or Haskell?

this is me after finishing my first stack of languages and deciding what to learn while searching for a job

>Intermediate programmer beginning Python
>Intermediate mathematician beginning Arithmetic
>Intermediate chef beginning Cooking
>Intermediate pick-up-artist, finally touched a Titty

Attached: 1563496186763.png (408x409, 135K)

>instead of Scala or Haskell
why the fuck would either of those be your first language?

Learn the modules that come installed as default. Shit like sys, os, socket, urllib2

best general scripting solution

learnxinyminutes.com/

It's a crash course/cheat sheet for any language you'd care to learn. Has one for 2.7 and 3.x.

I recently came accross Programming Python by Mark Lutz, and it focuses on implementing Python and popular libraries for real-world use cases. It's a nice change of pace from most other books that always start from the very basics of programming. This one assumes you already know enough of the language.

There are separate chapters on:
- System programming - directory and file interaction,parallelism,
- GUI programming - TKInter, object templates, full example programs
- Internet programming - sockets, client-server basics, protocols like HTTP, FTP, email, server-side CGI
- Tools and techniques - database interaction via an ORM interface, advanced data structures, advanced text parsing, integration into larger projects, embedding Python in compiled programs

You can find it on Libgen. Search by ISBN if you want the epub version.

Attached: lrg.jpg (500x656, 83K)