Are split keyboards a meme? Anyone used one of these before...

Are split keyboards a meme? Anyone used one of these before? I have Minor wrist and shoulder pain from typing all day (I'm a writer) even though I use a mechanical keyboard. Will this help me?

Attached: O2x2l07fz4cSgNfF.jpg (1576x960, 144K)

And what about trackball mice, anyone actually used these? Are they good for joints?

Attached: 26-125-017-13.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Chainlink $10,000 USD eoy!

I love track all mice, but I wasnt a fan of the Kensington one. You should experiment with different mice to see which one you like most

I don't have those, but I had older split/ergonomic keyboards.
My opinion is that they aren't memes. Very comfortable, and I had room to put a graphics draw tab, or mouse in between them.

I wouldn't mind split keyboards if they had more overlap and redundancies between the two segments. Plenty of times where I might hit one of the keys in the middle section with either hand depending on context.
That and sometimes I just casually type stuff with one hand, and in that scenario jumping between the separate boards is bit tedious.

Use a vertical mouse

I use an ergodox. It helps you get in better posture but the biggest advantage is it enables me to not use a mouse. Honestly I recommend it mostly because of the programmability.

I have a chink kooletron/smartyao split keyboard, pic related.
They got cherry MX browns and are pretty good to type with, only issue I have is with the alt+gr key that sometimes is not working (I need it for cedilla).
Apart from that, it's a pretty good keyboard and my shoulders feel more relaxed.

Attached: xahsplit.jpg (2048x1536, 399K)

Is there one I can get for less than 100 bucks?

depends how long you been using regular keyboard before switching to split. chancces are you're going to use other peoples keyboards somewhere else on another computer. so its hard to get used to a split keyboard imo. i switched back to 104 key non-mechanical. mechanical blue switches are meme-tier. listen to what im saying because the story is true, I was there with billy jacobs and i raped his mom too.

I use the Logitech mouse with the track ball on the side and I really like it. I believe it has saved me a lot of wrist pain.

short answer: yes
long answer: yes and yes
also touchpads are nice

Attached: yes and yes.jpg (1000x324, 149K)

Yes. I have never seen anyone who has had sex who has one of these.

Touchpads are acceptable on laptops but an u necessary nuisance on desktops.

I had the ergodox ez. it was a good board but its hard to get used to and the typing is slow even when you are

nice dubs
i had sex with one of these on my desk meer feet away from me
seems like i found a plothole in your little story nigger

Penetrating yourself with your dragon dildo does not count as sex.

incorrect, i have had sex with an ergodox ez in my room

Screwing your keyboard doesn't count either.

LINK MARINE REPORTING FOR DUTY

You look like shit

nice arguments

They are adjustable in such a way to address each of the most common types of wrist pain from computer use, my company ended up ordering a bunch of ergodoxes after like 3 of our senior devs got really bad carpal tunnel and they seem to have done the trick. Switching to a vertical mouse is also really good for wrist health since it stops the forearm bones from crossing over each other. The split part of the split keyboard is really nice because pulling your shoulders forward to type is one of the main causes of forward head posture, and by moving the halves of the keyboard apart you pull your shoulders together which prevents forward head posture. It takes about a week of concerted practice to competently type on an non staggered/split keyboard but once you have it down it's as fast as a normal keyboard. Most split keyboards I've seen also support programmable macros, which can offer a lot of unexpected speed improvements, for instance I rebound parenthesis, curly brackets and hard brackets to capslock + E/R, D/F, and C/V respectively and now I don't need to move my hand off the home row to type those which is really nice for programming.
Chances are you can fix your wrist and shoulder pain without a split keyboard if you are willing to fuck around with your chair and desk setup (unless you specifically have pain in the ulnar nerve) but a split keyboard will work for sure if you set it up right.

>Immortal Technique
Excellent taste.
Checked.

>mechanical blue switches are meme-tier
This, but the clicking noise gets old after a while. Can we develop a keyboard switch that screams when you type on it?

larping and for subhuman autists

this, correct posture and taking breaks is cheap and effective, but a split board will also help

typing on a split board with thumb keys is a revelation

I use an Elecom Huge and it's comfy as fuck.
pic related

Attached: 1539128203956.jpg (789x826, 128K)

I use a Kinesis mechanical split and I will NEVER go back. EVER. And I was super skeptical of this shit before but I tried one they had laying around at work and it was over for me.

See my review here:
It took me an hour of typing tests to get back to my typing speed with 100% accuracy.

what do you have the extra buttons mapped to?
I find my Kensington comfy, but lacking.

one of them shold be mapped to xbutton1
in auto hot key if you hold it down and press a keyboard button it can pull up most frequently used programs like text editor, explorer, web browser, etc

Isn't that $mod+d's job though