/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 3200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in code) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOP, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI ~230/Vega56 ~270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higherer FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important
>SSD Guide (250GB+ SATA bare minimums): i.imgur.com/79MYtoE.png
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 2015_11-10_Fallout4_3DWireframe.jpg (2560x1440, 626K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2019/6/10/18660213/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-16-core-gaming-cpu-processor-e3-2019
youtube.com/watch?v=_V-4Zn_3-Po
videocardz.com/newz/something-gigabyte-msi-and-amd-do-not-want-you-to-see
amzn.com/B07QXLFLXT/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

unironically wait for ryzen 4000
3000 is a beta testing shitfest that you dont want to be mixed up in

Attached: 1489421658644.png (653x726, 84K)

I'll keep my 2200g until the ryzen 4600 (or whatever will be the last AM4 series) is 2 years old

And I don't give a shit

Seasonic > shit > Corsair

I bought a 3600 just because I'm a sick fuck who actually enjoys beta testing and constant bios updates.
Will get a 4700X or whatever next year as a longer term CPU.

3700X gets shat on by 9700K in gaming you stupid shill

Man, I'm kinda jelly. What did you do to this card?

Just ordered cheap thermal pads; I'll report tomorrow. Apparently the temperatures will be less heinous, down a whooping 10°C from 40+ to 30ish.

If you don't care then why did you make this post. Seems like you are highly insecure and in need of affirmation.

>Muh 1024x768 Skyrim benchmarks

what the fuck is your problem?
I have a 2600x and I love it to death but anyone with a working brain will tell you this release is plagued with issues since its new technology
the same happened with ryzen 1000 and 2000 fixed it right up
if you wanna be a fucking beta tester then go right fucking ahead
I wont kinkshame

lol, stay delusional

4000 will be on a different socket

Cope

>unironically suggest non hyperthread CPU in 2019
9900k>3900x>3700x>3600>2600>1600>power gap>9700k>9600k>9400f

>buy 3TB seagate
>one year later
>try to boot up game just now
>weird noises
>almost sounds like grinding
>noises stop
>game launches fine

Attached: 9848FF7C-E3F3-4C3E-9C9C-6CEA0371C787.png (894x773, 48K)

How many of you actually play GPU intensive games?

Nope, they recently said they're staying on AM4 for the foreseeable future.

3TB seagates are weird, you should avoid them

>foreseeable future
marketing speech to say that 4000 will be delayed

>seagate
you just got memed son

harddrive brandwars are largely crap but 3TB seagate is a genuine landmine range of drives

Pretty sure they only confirmed they'd support AM4 until 2020. Plus there's no way to know for certain if the current set of AM4 motherboards will support newer AM4 CPUs out the box or whether they'd require further BIOS updates.

drones will defend this

Attached: poozen.png (1920x1080, 2.12M)

There was a recent interview around computex time where they said something along the lines of "we will only change socket when there is a fundamental change in the way PCI-E or DDR works". I'll link to it when I find it.

Attached: witcher3.png (674x386, 14K)

RTX 2070 SUPER VENTUS MSI
vs
RTX 2070 SUPER BLACK GAMING EVGA

Any real difference between these two in quality? Usually buy ASUS but these are cheaper where I live.

>this kills the intcel

Attached: 1563910187928.jpg (2079x1169, 516K)

I'm going to build a pc for the first time. It's going to have a ryzen 5 2600 with 2x8 3000mhz RAM in it.
However, I can't for the life of me figure out what motherboard I should get.
I just want something that won't bottleneck its components.
I can't wait to fly this baby.

These are onsale on Ebay for 108 bucks like new but the cooler looks like a flimsy piece of crap. Is it still a worthwhile upgrade from a GTX 770?

Attached: rx580.jpg (1500x1129, 202K)

EVGA tends to make the best ngreedia AIB
that or maybe their marketing/shilling budget is better

msi tomahawk or wait for the msi tomahawk max series to future proof your rig in case you want to upgrade to zen2 in the future

>posting witcher 3 benchmark run in open space rather than city
>random frame drop due to shitty game engine in amd sponsored game vs actual bottleneck from poozen in fine optimized witcher 3
Gee I wonder what's better

Thanks AMD!

Maybe bad reporting, maybe very good contact, who knows. Now you mention it, it's a very low delta.

The cooler is shit and you'd be better off spending a bit more, but it's a good upgrade.

What's the difference between GPU brands if we exclude gigabyte

I have some weird stuff that just happened to my pc, and I want to know why.

My gtx 1080 has fans that are very prone to not working if they get dust in them, so I have to clean them probably once a month or they don't Rev up when booting. I turned my pc off and used a qtip and rubbing alcohol and cleaned the fans, waited a couple of minutes, and turned on the pc.

Then the pc had some troubles turning on, it turned on for a couple of seconds and turned off, and turned on for a couple of seconds and repeated the process. I fixed it by turning the psu off and on again and it runs like normal now.

Why is it doing this? I'm assuming it is due to a power draw thing on boot with the fans not working and then suddenly working, or an issue with discharge that made the power delivery finicky.

theverge.com/2019/6/10/18660213/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-16-core-gaming-cpu-processor-e3-2019

>“It will really take a major inflection point in the platform technology for us to move off of socket AM4,” says AMD’s David McAfee, adding that it would probably take a major change in how memory or PCI expansion slots work before AMD needs to move to a new socket.

So yeah, expect to see future AM4 boards with both DDR4 and DDR5 compatibility.

Why you don't simply replace the fans

>it's random and the engine's fault when my shit CPU can't keep up
ok buddy

The extra money put into an aftermarket cooler to salvage MSI’s shitheap might as well be put into buying a card with a good cooler already.
The RX580 itself is flat out superior to the 770 though.

>Man, I'm kinda jelly. What did you do to this card?
A lot.

Attached: peak excitement.jpg (1528x603, 325K)

>gaming
>3% utilization
lel what you playing, minesweeper?

>posting witcher 3 benchmark run in open space rather than city
Source?

MSI armor is pure shit

I could, the gpu is used and the fans were already replaced so I'm assuming it is a problem with that specific brand of gtx 1080. Zotac 1080 mini

help

Attached: what_the_fuck.png (491x516, 77K)

i'm getting kernel power error 41 sometimes when I manually restart the pc, everything is fine and boots normally, yet the error are there

Unironically does anyone have a solution to high voltages/idle temps until AMD pushes proper bios updates out?

1.4xx voltages are scary and I'm not looking to fry my chip. For now I'm on windows power saver plan and idle is around 1.1V at 39C. Stock heatsink is cool to the touch. The downside is I'm gimping performance in order to stay at a safe voltage range.

Yes I've read the AMD damage control employee posts on leddit but I don't really trust a word he says because he's not an engineer. I'm on a r5 3600.

Attached: 1541781667301.png (543x435, 106K)

>Unironically does anyone have a solution to high voltages/idle temps until AMD pushes proper bios updates out?
SET
IT
MANUALLY
ffs

Buy Intel
Buy Nvidia

>set it manually
t. retard

youtube.com/watch?v=_V-4Zn_3-Po

dont do this

Neat rubber grommets.

>rubber grommets
thats not rubber

it doesn't do shit

Roll back bios to 1.0.0.3a or earlier. ab is the problem.

Now that adoredtv is gone can we agree that amd unboxed is the new amdrone king?

1.425v is fine.
if it gets too hot it throttles.

?

You realize you should look at the max values on the right, not the current values on the left?

oh no no no no

Attached: 1493755321871s.jpg (204x250, 9K)

best high end PC case for 3950X build ? low temps is priority over low noise

Install the chipset drivers you double nigger.

You realize i was just fucking with you?

So for mid-tier GPUs theres basically only 2070super and 5700TX right?

>1.7 volts

Attached: 1518760103086.png (1000x1000, 289K)

what kind of cooling should i get for 5700 xt since the stock is not sufficient

arctic something or what

yep

arctic accelero IV or water cool it

>(((Schiesser)))
Seriously, RIS makes everything jagged af while Luma sharpen keeps the edges smooth. Where is he even looking at? For example the scene with the girl sitting there, look at the crank handle

Which chipset?

I’m starting with a 1080p monitor and a 2060S. I know that seems like overkill, but I’m planning to eventually upgrade to 1440p, or maybe even 4k when I have the money.
Am I good?

b450 or x470 if you want SLI but it's a dead meme nowadays

Fankyuu

no, because there is plenty of people that are that retarded.

>STILL waiting for 5700xt aibs to come out
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Okay, this is pretty funny
videocardz.com/newz/something-gigabyte-msi-and-amd-do-not-want-you-to-see

>building a 1440p/144hz rig
>can't decide whether to get a 2080 regular or Super
>both are neck and neck price wise
>2080S is factory underclocked and can reach 15% to 18% increase over the 2080
>then this faggot steps in
>get a 1080Ti

>why didn't you buy a Ti for 650?
>why would you be an early adopter?
>lol just buy AMD it's good enough
>lol just buy a mined out- uhm, i mean used card

I hate each and every single one of you fags. None of you own a good gpu, that's why you always recommend shit tier cards from shit tier brands because they are 20 bucks cheaper so you can order more hotpockets or another fucking waifu body pillow.

SSD are good for gaming but it doesnt look like it makes a difference between SATA M2 or NMvE, so would you recommend me the best 1TB SATA SSD?

Attached: 714gCZviWgL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 137K)

In the rentry link it says that
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok) or Ventus XS, Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
Is there a tier list of manufacturers/cooler solutions or something anywhere?
Looking for a 2060s or possibly a 2070s specifically. Open to recommendations.

mx500 or 860 evo

evga > *

In the market for a laptop. Budget is maxed at $1300 but I'd prefer to spend half that. I don't need a blazing fast machine, just something for work and that can handle something like Pubg at 1080p 60hz. Preferably with 16gigs of ram or the ability to add a stick.

This is my ideal laptop amzn.com/B07QXLFLXT/
But I'd rather not spend my entire budget on something that'll likely be offline half the time anyways.

>Windows 10 reinstall crashed again
I'm giving up now.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (498x490, 1.58M)

That's because until the 1080 ti graphics cards were essentially obsolete after 3 or 4 years because of performance gains. The past few years have been devoid of competition and crypto autism inflated prices so everyone is getting jewed at this point.

Previously it was far more economical to get a $3-400 midrange card every few years and still probably holds true. Flagship cards are generally for people with more money than brains.

>everyone is getting jewed at this point
Yeah but that's like asking "lol you should have bought tonnes of apple stock in 1988". 100% Captain Hindsight. Anyone looking for a flagship card for 1440p/144hz isn't going to find a new 1080Ti for

When are we going to see another big jump in gpu performance?

Fuck just restock those fucking 3900x's.
t. Dutch

not for a good long while
best bet is 2 console generations from now, since that's when there could be r&d competition to get those big contracts

hopefully big navi will put a gun at nvidia's temple
but radeon and ngreedia have colluded many times in the past for price fixing so i wouldn't be surprised that they struck a secret deal where radeon gets the console gpu market while they leave ngreedia to keeps the high end desktop gpu market where they'll just release refreshes of refreshes

This. Honestly shelling out for a 2080ti that can't even 4k/144hz is fucking retarded.

You might as well just go 2080 and stick to 1440 / 144.

Fucking sad cause I saved so much money but don't find it worth pulling trigger at these prices.

As soon as AMD loses the Playstation/Xbox contracts and has to actually compete with nvidia in the consumer market again.

based asus

Attached: dab.webm (384x480, 391K)

One fan is rattling and that one is the wrong size. The previous owner replaced the fans with really crappy ones, so I could probably find a better fan on AliExpress even desu. Ordered a 100mm fan to replace the one that is rattling and the wrong size at 85 mm. I had trouble with both of them not spinning though, when in the past it was just one of the fans. Not super keen to replace both but we will see when the 100mm fan arrives.

Any news on Xt 5500?

>Ryzen R7-1700X
>Wraith Max CPU cooler
>Asus Crosshair VI X370
>4x8GB DDR4-2400MHz CL14
>EVGA 980Ti Classified
>Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
>2x 1TB WD Blue HDDs
>Seasonic 620w Bronze modular PSU
>Asus DVD drive
>CM elite 590 III case
>Legit Windows 10 Pro

Selling these spare parts to a guy. Gonna ask for $650. Sound fair? I'd be installing/updating windows 10. Guy wants it for playing iracing which after looking at benches, this thing is Overkill for 1080p.

sounds like you're ripping him off.