twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is i3 anyways?

deprecated CPU

this is probably a bait but ima take it anyway i3wm.org/

>i3
>dwm
trash.
use a real wm that respect the unix philosophy
use bspwm with its sxhbd and a bar that you like, polybar for example.

>dwm
do you like recompiling your window manager every time you change a configuration setting? then DWM is for you!

dwm is a meme.
>minimal wm
>include keyboard deamon
>include a status bar
disgusting.

something only newfaggots use
tiling wm's in general are pretty fucking shit
supposedly people use it for "workflow efficiency" but virtual desktops are the way to go for maximum efficiency
fvwm ftw

Attached: 1560523209939.png (1920x1080, 2.99M)

so much memory
so much wisdom
i will print that image and put it on my wall. when i wake up each morning it will be the first thing i see. i will know, this is the kind of faggot i want to be.

I don't gain any efficiency from using them I just enjoy the workflow.

If you are a white male I would recommend using bspwm like this user suggested >72039066
i3-gaps is easier to configure and has features i3wm is missing but doesn't follow UNIX standards if that is something you care about.

>arguing what tiling wm is better?
No one is good for you, user, since you have to trust Jow Forums instead of trying them out for yourself.

Attached: 1562424294384.jpg (632x664, 74K)

dwm -- 26 KiB
bspwm + sxhkd + lemonbar -- 158 KiB
The same functionality, for just 132 KiB more

Also workspaces, why not just use tabbed for that.

t. dwm user

If you don't care about autistic as fuck minimalism awesome-wm is the best.

>If you don't care about autistic as fuck minimalism, slightly less autistic as fuck minimalism is the best.
I like more this way.

I moved from i3 to dwm. It's easier on a source based package manager or ports tree but still fine if you compile it yourself. I think the window management makes more sense than i3 in some ways, I always found the jkl window movement a bit awkward whereas the incremental window focus system in dwm feels intuitive.

tiling wms suck and will cause all kinds of problems with programs that expect a normal wm.

>arguing about mere kilobytes in 2019
I'm not running on a pc from 2001

Attached: 16GB.gif (633x758, 166K)

both are shit and useless go hang yourself faggot

I combination of both is the best
i'm looking at awesomewm btw

Can someone redpill me on why i3 + arch is a meme?
I'm running arch right now with i3 and it works really well. It seems to be the best tiling window manager out there and the config files are really easy to work with.

Attached: 1563490591820.gif (326x281, 171K)

Honestly any wm is so much more efficient than desktop environments that the small benefit of switching wouldn't be noticable on most hardware. I messed around with a ton of different wm's and I chose i3 because it didn't take long to make it comfy from a new install and it's stable as hell.

awesome-wm actually implements more of X11's standards than probably any other window manager so it isn't minimal in the slightest. Just about the only thing it doesn't do is compositing.

its just the popular option. it works really well for most people so theres no reason to use anything else.
i mean uh shut the fuck up faggot

how do I update my dwm and reapply the patches in order?
I have been cping my config.h somewhere else, sudo make clean uninstall, then rming the dwm directory
then I git clone the latest version and install it again and apply the patches

swaywm is what you want
ditch the X cucks

currently using i3-gaps on my own lfs 8.4 based custom distro.

they're either sour grapes, or use a better tiling wm like bspwm, which is an automatic instead of a manual tiler

>lfs as anything other than a learning project
autism.

dwm.suckless.org/customisation/patches_in_git/
just branch and rebase onto master user

seconded

Entry level electric vehicle by BMW

install bspwm

>unix philosophy
I hope you don't use GNU, user.

i try my best to use the least possible gnu malware utilities when i'm forced to use linux user.

>uses i3
>pic related is dwm

>implying

I find dwm a lot more intuitive and practic.

Attached: meow.jpg (350x326, 19K)

I mean the GNU operating system. Not the software credited to members of the GNU project, as you have mistakenly called utilities.

yes, sometimes i'm force to used GNU/Linux but as i said i try to keep it as GNU free as possible.
gnu.org/software/coreutils/