Technology to save life

help me use technology to save my fucking life.

Attached: 1559078564907.png (523x630, 153K)

Turn your computer off to reduce heat generation.

It's called air conditioning. It comes in many different forms and can be had for a small initial investment in lesser implementations. You are welcome. If you are somehow too poor for that, I heard of a wacky novel piece of tech called a 'fan'

I live in a hot swamp, fans don't do shit. I have an AC but it's not built in, so I have to have the hot exhaust go out the balcony door which means hot air still gets in. I'm fucked.

buy two fans
one that sucks in air and one that blows out
put them on opposite ends of each other through the walls of your house
put ice cubes inside of your house in front of the fan that sucks in air
congratz you now have ac

I only have a window(door) at 1 side on the same wall.
>put ice cubes in front
nigga how fucking gigantic and fast do you think my freezer is?

>AC
>door
don't worry, you won't suffer much longer
your stupidity will kill your sooner rather than later

You're supposed to close your doors and windows while running AC, and seal up the gaps around the exhaust. This should be pretty obvious.

Get a towel wet with ice cold water. Put the towel on top of your body. Setup a fan blowing air in your direction. You've now got a primitive evaporative cooling solution.

I have a tiny window and that one opens at an angle, and can not be used for the AC

Also make sure to exchange air with the outside only when it is beneficial:
- Seal every small gap of the house during the day when the air outside is hotter than the air inside;
- Sleep with all windows open and fans blowing.

I know but that is literally not possible in my apartment. european houses aren't made with AC in mind.

Become president of USA, China and Russia then shut down all climate change contributing industries

Neither are houses built in the US before 1970 or so. You have to get creative. If you have a window, mount the exhaust in a sheet of plywood cut to fit the opening in that window.

>1970
>old
dude, I've lived in houses older than the United States

>If you have a window, mount the exhaust in a sheet of plywood cut to fit the opening in that window.
I've thought about that, but I'd have to use the balcony door, since the window is to small and high up.

>older than
Please acquire reading comprehension. I have lived in antebellum houses built with slave labor; they can still be adapted for air conditioning.

Based AmeriChad.

Why can't you use the window?
P.S.: This is an imageboard, so please explain using pictures.

Attached: 1541554517482.png (820x591, 31K)

and the wall is concrete, am I right?

I always berated flimsy american wood homes, but there may be some good to it. If you ever need to cut a hole somewhere, you don't need a jackhammer.

You have one of these, right? Can you seriously not fit the duct into the top window?

Attached: 1534197242365.jpg (1155x1155, 132K)

>and the wall is concrete, am I right?
yes
I have one of those yes, and no it can not fit. the window is not drawn to scale and it only opens a little, and to the outside (I drew it wrong).

Opens to the outside, you say?
>get window-sized sheet of plastic or acrylic
>cut hole for air duct
>nail/screw/tape sheet over window frame

See if you can remove the window from its hinge, and put a board in its place with a hole drilled for the exhaust.

I can LITERALLY not find a replacement, let alone longer exhaust hose or whatever it's called ANYWHERE. the only place they have it is included if you buy a new one. I LITERALLY mean they don't sell that shit anywhere.

Mine is too short to reach it, even if I made something to make it fit

>Paris burning
>The other side of the strait is 22 degrees

Fucking weather, how does it work

Attached: 1563812916385.png (680x957, 1.08M)

London was 38

That sucks. Maybe try something like this?

Attached: 1553653718422.png (1280x1280, 581K)

You have home improvement stores in your country, right? You should be able to find a dryer exhaust hose you can duct tape to the end.
Or, fuck, just use Amazon.

why are people spending half an hour trying to help a mentally handicapped frenchman who only started this thread to complain and doesn't actually want to fix the problem

Watching Europeans try to cope with normal summer temperatures is amusing

kys

>so I have to have the hot exhaust go out the balcony door which means hot air still gets in
Mobile AC units are typically sold with a sealing kit for windows (or available for like 20€).
And... wait a second. You've been running AC with your window OPEN that lets hot air in + a part of the exhaust air?

>Mobile AC units are typically sold with a sealing kit for windows
it only works for windows that slide open, not for tiny windows that opens on 1 side only like:

I know this is a bit of a dumb idea, but can you put the aircon unit on a table or something to raise it up? Then you could use the shorter hose you have.

Also, supermarkets usually give away the cardboard boxes stuff comes in. With some of these, a roll of packing tape and scissors you could probably cut something temporary to the proper shape to seal the room up real good.

place tubs of cold water around everywhere. ice optional. refill as needed.

>56C in sunlight making thermometers self destruct
>normal
kys
we've been dealing with these heatwaves for several years now

European Houses aren't built with AC in mind, they're all built to withstand the normally very cold and snowy winters, but it's been ass backwards for a few years now. The cost of acquiring, installing, and powering such units just to use them for less than a month in one year is impractical too.

>in sunlight
That's not how temperature is measured. You can fry an egg on a parking lot in Texas, it doesn't mean it's actually that hot ambient.

fuck you I'm still shitposting with my hoodie on

Attached: 1518979875888.jpg (708x480, 37K)

>100 degrees fahrenheit is too much for euros
Literally a normal summer day in America.

Attached: 1540339871441.png (500x398, 120K)

Eggs don't take much heat to fry anyway.
People just tend to try it when the heat's on.

>europoors can't afford central air

*unzips my big burger dick and lays it on your wifes face*

Nothin' personal kid.
Now tend to muhammaeds nutsack before he gets upset.

That's retarded, a mini split only needs a 2cm diameter hole drilled through a wall. The outside unit can be mounted creatively if space is an issue

I live in the EU too, and it cost 400 EUR including installation. They didn't have any issue even through a ~10cm thick brick wall