Be honest Jow Forums, every time you see a build with Noctua fans/coolers...

Be honest Jow Forums, every time you see a build with Noctua fans/coolers, you automatically think "this guy cares about performance over looks".

Attached: images.jpg (286x176, 9K)

btfo?

Attached: Guts.jpg (2448x3264, 774K)

I actually think "this guy is never getting laid"

I think
>he wasted $200 buying fans instead of a meaningful upgrade

No, I actually think that someone was foolish and wasted a bunch of money on expensive fans, presumably so they can overclock higher, rather than just using that money instead to just buy a better CPU instead.

But also I don't understand why Noctua goes with that hideous famicom-tier color scheme. It is ugly as fuck, and for no reason. Only thing I can think of is that they keep it purposefully ugly and distinctive so that people know it's a noctua fan.

There's a new gen of GPUs and CPUs every year, while noctua fans are still the best you can get after all these years

Those are still noctuas though, dipshit.

Pretty much this, I figure. Distinctiveness; that combination looks great in certain specific builds (ie retro builds) but otherwise can be pretty awkward.

However, they do have their varying lines of grey (the cheaper variants) and black (the more expensive industrial variants) fans too with the latter performing even better. They've even created a new black "chromax" version of the standard usually famicom colored A14 and A15 too.

I have a couple of the Industrial in my case, alongside some Corsair MagLev - between the two I've found they're the best in the industry lest I've checked.

Geezus.

More like ~$80, $80 that will last literally 5-10 years without problems.

they just werx

No I just think, wow how awful it must be to be colour blind and get even less cooling than a cheap hyper 212 plus

It could look good if you don't mind shelling out some more cash

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

This guy cares more about performance than eardrums.

Attached: 1564085826406.png (268x344, 52K)

it's pretty quiet, honestly. I have the 80mm fans running on a lower voltage so they are barely noticeable

After using Noctua stuff for so long, I've kind of been brainwashed into thinking brown+beige=good. It looks nice now.

yeah, poop fans are the ultimate middle finger to zoomer RGB garbage.

it's also nice when replace shitty noisy fans with superior poop-colored Noctua fans. Saw a video of a guy replacing an oscilloscope fan with a Noctua the other day.

wow, 3 degrees for 3x the price

It's been scientifically proven brown fans work harder and quieter than black fans.

>Be honest Jow Forums, every time you see a build with Noctua fans/coolers, you automatically think "this guy cares about performance over looks".

True.
And you know what? Caring about looks is FUCKING GAY.
Hear that? YOU SUCK FOR CARING ABOUT LOOKS YOU FAGGOT

kek'd

Attached: wee bey shocked.gif (288x288, 1.88M)

>$200
more like $75

Attached: ncase.jpg (8024x5760, 3.35M)

why not both?

Attached: 87687567532.jpg (3024x4032, 1.15M)

The U12S is less than half the price of a H150i.

>h150i pro £140
>nh-u12s £55
???

There was recently a sale, boyos.

idk wat other user is talking about more fans means less work for each which means they all run quieter

I think, "Wow, Nexus hasn't done shit for 15 years now?"
>fans still 10 bucks ea while everyone else asks for too much

Attached: nexus120mm.jpg (640x480, 25K)

The H150i was on sale for a third of the price of the U12S?

you can get the noctua redux fans for $13 and theyre honestly really fucking good

Arctic would like to have a word with you.

Attached: blackFanatic.jpg (1200x1200, 99K)

no, I see brown soi boy fans that redditors love

I don't have a window in my case so the color of my fans doesn't matter

I've got a NF-S12B 1200 sitting in a box unused because it isn't inaudible when I undervolt it.
>bought the 1200 by mistake

>Be honest Jow Forums, every time you see a build with Noctua fans/coolers, you automatically think "this guy cares about performance over looks".
They'd be wrong though. They're consciously abusing the "it's ugly so it must be good" mentality, but in fact it's as much a design stuff as the black and green is for Razer. Anyone who would buy those fans probably care MORE about looks and what he thinks that people will think when they see them than anything else desu.

desu I'm kinda picky, I've returned fans even without mechanical noise audible because the air was too turbulent

I agree. I'll cheap out on a processor before cheaping out on a loud fan.

Arctic still makes really nice PWM fans.
Based Arctic poster.

Attached: F14_PWM_F00.jpg (531x388, 103K)

>Anyone who would buy those fans probably care MORE about looks and what he thinks that people will think when they see them than anything else desu
I dunno some people just want a quiet computer. And there's many shills that will persuade people to buy Noctua because they are supposedly the best, although there are many good other options (some a lot cheaper like ).
You're right though, the colours make for good brand recognition: Everybody who sees fans with those colours and heard of the before will immediately think "Noctua".

I like my (((Noiseblocker)))s desu

Attached: image[1].jpg (1112x1112, 75K)

How is the Arctic Freezer xtreme? For cooling? Contemplating a first build.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-25 20-09-57.png (2560x1440, 292K)

Not really. More like that dumbass has a lot of money to burn.

look up reviews and comparisons, last time I was in the place to buy a CPU cooler they weren't necessarily the best, quietest or cheapest (but still quite good overall)

I like this a lot; what's the CPU cooler?

You can probably look at reviews yourself, but not particularly great from what I've seen. Also it seems fairly expensive compared to other coolers.
Check out the Freezer 33/34 and the CM Hyper 212 Evo/BE. That said, for a fucking Pentium, you're probably fine even with the boxed cooler.

Looks like a be quiet Dark Rock TF

I find Jow Forums's two cents worth while when I compare them to reviews.

How good are these compared to NF-P12?

I really only need 2 fans and the value pack of 5 Arctic P12s is about the same price as 2 NF-P12, but if they are similar in performance then having a couple extra fans would make it worth it I guess.

That build looks weird in general. What are you going to do with that computer?
Either get an Athlon 200GE (same CPU performance, vastly better IGP, you can overclock it and it's cheaper) or spend a little more and get a 2200G/3200G for a big performance increase.
And you don't need a 500W PSU and 5 case fans with a build like that. A bq system power 9 or pure power 11 (they have 80+ bronze) and one exhaust (probably comes with your case) are enough. Instead of wasting 30$ on case fans you don't need get a better CPU.
You might also want to ask in for additional input.

oops

That's what I came here to ask, myself. Something that is cheap AND quiet? So far they seem well liked.
Currently I'm using a Lenovo with an i3-8130u with win10/Ubuntu dual boot. I keep a small partition for W10 because I have to for school. In my Ubuntu side I have virtualbox with several machines. Mainly Lubuntu and Server so I can practice basic networking. I do have an install of W10 so I can practice PowerShell and Excel also however I only run it by itself. So far so good because I don't do anything real heavy in each of the VM's. The build that I posted I called the 'stepping stone' because I planned to build upon it later if I did more with each of the VM's or bought a card for machine learning.

>redux
cuck

noctua fans are like $20
most fans are about $20
retard

k

they look better with zero downsides

why are they brown?

It's their brand.

>spend more (money, time, etc) for the same performance like me.

You use Arch don't you?

hah
whats the real reason

I don't see a reason to pick Noctua over beQuiet anymore.

The overwhelming majority doesn't gives a shit about chassis fans.

If you care about aesthetics, you are a pure brainlet.

If you care about low noise, then sleeve/maglev bearings are the way to go

If you care about performance and reliability, ball bearing is the way to go.

Not the same material, they move less air at same RPM
NF-S12A 63 cfm
NF-S12B 59 cfm

Not true, they reduce the performance on the non-brown models so they don't compete with the main line.

What other reason would there be?
You think the brown plastic makes it spin faster or something?

Ok, a larger PSU makes sense if you want to add a GPU eventually.
Oh, and get >3000MHz RAM if it doesn't cost extra.

>most fans are about $20
What

There are black chromax versions of some Noctua fans that are exactly the same as the brown models, but they come with less accessories and they are more expensive.
There's also the industrial line, but those are no good if you want a silent computer. Incidentally, there are reviews of retards who bought 3000 rpm industrial Noctua fans and complain about noise,

if you want to buy a decent fan, you're spending between $15-20 CAD regardless

What's the best ball bearing fan around now?

this.
glass-sided cases are for fags.
I have only Noctua fans/coolers in my case.

>Not using the wraith spiral

>Needing a overclock if you bought the chip that came with it in the first place

Attached: 1564109570243.gif (450x338, 1023K)

holy brainlet

Attached: bc1.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Gentle Typhoon

>decent fan
That's pretty subjective, though. I'd consider decent, for example.

Arctic has ball bearing variants of some fans, they are called CO or whatever.

>Oh, and get >3000MHz RAM if it doesn't cost extra.
Intel: No higher than 2666
AMD: OC it with Steel Legend or Bazooka V2.

> Incidentally, there are reviews of retards who bought 3000 rpm industrial Noctua fans and complain about noise

I saw a reddit story about someone starting up a plane everytime his industrial noctua fitted computer turns on.

not really, when i see them i just think youre a hipster who doesnt know how to allocate money correctly.

I actually like thier color scheme. Goes well with the wood of a desk.

I got a 212 black (non rgb of course)
Did I mess up?

>No, I actually think that someone was foolish and wasted a bunch of money on expensive fans
this, the people that buy noctua are size queens when it comes to the price of components
>MORE EXPENSIVER = BETTERER!

they're always in a dumpster fire tier case for thermals too

>This product has been discontinued
;_;

They're still available as "Nidec Servo"
Scythe was only rebranding them.

Do they come in 140mm? All I can find so far is 120mm fans.

Noctua redux fans are cheaper than most other brands fans with the same performance

Sadly, no.

For me it's be quiet!

Attached: 20190521_172417.jpg (2880x2160, 2.15M)

nah I think "this guy chose a poo colored fan so people can notice it's Noctua fans and get praised for being ""patrician"""

I think the only reason to choose Noctua is if you want the colour. If you want the same fan in black then get bequiet

you are my brothers

Be Quiet fans are way lower airflow and static pressure though

Not really. They're pretty similar.
Only the new 120x25 is truly impressive

It's really small in there huh?

>printing the part number on the part of the fan that's user-facing
What a blunder.

I got the worst fucking fan rattle on my top 2 fans, fuck.

The 2200 rpm version of Be Quiet's most expensive fan only barely beats Noctua's 1700 rpm NF-P12 in airflow and static pressure, and that's their cheapest line of fans.

I used to not like Noctua and be more of a Nidec person. I still think their regular lineup is unimpressive, but the A12x25 is an absolute wonder and won me over. Any powerful system is a failure if it has to be audible under load.

Attached: autism box.jpg (3109x2876, 3.76M)

I had some black fans, they were loud and ran fast, but drew a lot of energy for the amount of work they were doing, not worth.

I run like 15 Arctic fans in different systems, cheap as chips and okay for the price.

got a new noctua cooler to slap on my 3700x, similar to a 212 but way easier to install, also had the option for adding an additional fan on the other side so I did. although the cooler didn't match any other colors in my case, I got lucky. one of my coworkers said he had 3 new in box ones he wasn't using, so he sold them to me for 25 bucks. once the whole build is noctua, it becomes more of an accent and starts to look pretty decent then. as a side note, after I installed them, I thought I fucked something up working on my pc because I didn't hear shit when I pressed the power button. turns out, they're really just that quiet. all I hear now is my hard drive writing.

nah, 212 is based

>Did I mess up?
>non RGB
Yes you did. Blue LEDs would have cooled your CPU much more efficiently.

how not to noctua. nh-d15, no chromax faggotry, poo fans. that is how you noctua.