Enhance pointer precision

Enhance pointer precision

yay or nay?

Attached: img_598e4eb96465d.png (650x300, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Install Gentoo

Stop using mouse

donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

you're welcome

I swear people who have this disabled just try to grasp at every straw for their unique snowflake status. it comes enabled by default with windows. It is hard to undo over 10 years of adjusting yourself to it. also, when it is actually helpful to have it of, is in games. but most games ignore this setting anyway.

Why wouldn't you want your mouse to be more precise?

Who the fuck wants constantly fluctuating mouse sensitivity? Are you retarded? Keep that shit disabled. Should your hand travel further the quicker you move it? No. If you tell your brain to move your arm a couple inches, your hand should move a couple inches. A pen stroke should not fly off the paper just because you did it quickly.

of course off, i want static mouse sensitivity. i want my flicks to be consistent

I'm more precise if I know that there's a constant rate of hand movement to cursor movement. You can get used to either, spend a day with each setting, pick your favorite.

You god damn fucking retard. Like honestly, how long have you been using Winblows and been using accelerated pointer precision HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAH

Check it, go buy yourself a mouse where you can change the DPI. Right, now actually turn off this pajeet brainlet setting, and see how shit it is.

Attached: v26dw91icq031.jpg (1000x1237, 150K)

this extends 64 bit pointers to 4 decimals places, you'll want that feature for sure

>so this is the power of normalfag IQ

Nay. Here's why...

I used it for 10+ years and only turned it off after practicing professional cs (game). Really hard to get used to in the first few days, but fully adopted it after a week. Mastered it after a couple of months.
As said it's a fluctuation in sensitivity, and not only that, its fluctuation is dependent on the movement speed, meaning even more unpredictable fluctuation that can't be mastered with muscle memory ever, EVER.

Sooner you disable it - less you will grieve for the days you lost using it with enabled enhanced precision

when you turn it off it will feel a bit hard to adjust to but after a day you get used to it and after a while you'll start to feel the benefit. in videogames it's important because of the speed and precision required. enabling it can make you go off the target even if only by a little, and you have to understand how small the target can be and how fast you have to hit it. the speed you move your mouse should not affect it's sensitivity

>unpredictable fluctuation
It's completely predictable. Why can't you brainlets tell how fast your hand is moving and translate that to cursor distance?

Because there are no modes/stages of speed (ie. 3 speeds: slow, medium, fast), instead speed is constantly varying, it is a dynamic function, modulated with acceleration/deceleration.
What this results to is, no matter how many times you try, moving a mouse from point A to point B (make it a wireless mouse in a perfectly horisontal rectangle, travelling for 20cm) will NEVER make the cursor travel the same distance, because it is statistically out of reach to make a 20cm mouse movement with the exact speed dynamic twice. You can get similar results when trained due to muscle memory, but NEVER EXACT.
With it disabled, you get it ALWAYS EXACT.

You are torturing and lying to yourself if you say you like that type of an inconsistency in your life

You might have some kind of mild cerebral palsy.

pretty sure cs uses raw mouse input

Dude, you're one stupid motherfucker lmao. Enjoy being a retard.

Attached: pepe_drink.jpg (600x434, 13K)

this is going to be hard to explain in words but it makes quick, precise aim harder even if you are able to adjust. ideally you want to move to your target as quick as possible, but with it on it will up your sensitivity enough that a millimeter is now off target. with it off, you can move as fast as possible and the sensitivity is always the same and the sensitivity doesn't go up to the point where exact millimeters of distance matter
you could argue that you're just so high skill that you can account for both speed and distance down to the millimeters and that the increased sensitivity when you're moving your mouse fast actually makes those shots quicker to pull off but well, you're wrong

>the mental gymnastic these special snowflakes make to preserve their "superior" status
incredible

It might be a good idea to go a see a doctor. You could have early onset Parkinson's.

Attached: 1.webm (698x606, 496K)

Nigger mouse acceleration is literally a DISABILITY FEATURE for people WITH MOVEMENT ISSUES

USING IT means you're a fucking twitching parky

NOT USING IT means you're a superior human

Attached: 1562550734753.jpg (1200x716, 74K)

If you can't accurately judge the speed of your hand then you probably have a motor neuron problem. For normal people, mouse acceleration allows more granular control over DPI on the fly. Slow hand movement = higher DPI and faster hand movement = lower DPI. Pretty simple if you're not a spastic.

Enhance pointer precision is literally one of the first things I turn off in a new windows install since finding out about it in the XP days

this is actually a pretty decent troll

Attached: 1410617678521.png (184x184, 80K)

It takes a day of use to get used to it retard

I can accurately judge the speed of my hand user
but it still makes shots requiring speed and precision require even more precision for no fucking benefit at all
a consistent sensitivity is better, how hard is this to explain, it being harder to use doesn't make it better. I don't want my sensitivity shifting up and down all the time

>it being harder to use doesn't make it better.
It does in this case because it allows for finer control over the pointer. And it being more difficult is only a temporary thing that will disappear with practice.

for desktop usage it's ok, for video games it's angle-snapping tier retarded
magnificent bait

If by simply turning on the cucktoggle you actually think you have finer control, why not go test it out? Try to out-aim CS tryhards that don't use mouse acceleration. With a crutch like that, you'll be pro in no time. It's a wonder nobody else has thought of this.

>finer control over the pointer
no because making flick shots gives you less control when a millimeter will set you off target because your sensitivity increases with speed. you could control your speed but then you're not aiming at your target as fast as you can and you're playing suboptimal
compared to just needing to move your mouse to the exact position your target will be and a consistent sensitivity, where you can move your mouse as quickly as you possibly can
I'm all for things with skill curves that pay off except in this case it's the opposite and disabling it is the skill that pays off

>you actually think
It's not a matter of opinion. Mouse acceleration gives you granular control over DPI that you simply won''t have with it it turned off.

Enhance floating point precision

Off with

Attached: 1546130160276.jpg (253x229, 48K)

okay but what if you don't want your DPI shifting and want a consistent DPI?

That's fine but you will have less control over the pointer than what someone who is using mouse acceleration will have.

That's a heck of an argument against mine well written explanation. I can't help but think you're trolling at this point.

You do not understand the dynamic of a velocity resulting in infinite outcomes. You do not value consistency. If you're not trolling i'm 100% sure you're a burger, no one outside of USA is that dense

no, because they will have to control both their speed and distance down to millimeters and I'll just be able to move my mouse as fast as I please to the exact target and consistently be on point
increasing your sensitivity when you're already moving your mouse fast makes it so that you need to be even more precise
why go through all of this? my mousepad is already big enough, my mouse is already precise and quick enough. you're going to get fucked over by it and you can't even tell if it's yourself of the setting to blame
I don't understand how you think this gives you more control or precision

Nope, raw input is off by default, and even when you enable raw input (which wasn't an option until late stages of 1.6) it's not guaranteed it will behave like it. Sometimes even steam lunch options won't work, you need to edit registry.
But that's besides the point

With acceleration on you can set the DPI higher than would would be usable with it off and then just increase your hand speed to cover larger distances.

>I don't understand how you think this gives you more control or precision
because the option is called 'enhance pointer precision'. that's the type of person you're talking to

>enhanced mouse precision off
>mousefix
>m_rawinput 0
>-noforcemparms
>-noforcemaccel
>-noforcemspd

Attached: 1560276393549.png (399x355, 178K)

>enhance pointer precision
>completely fucks up pointer precision
nay

See

Based silver tryhard

>another innocent and decent joke completely related to the board goes unnoticed because this board is now /company A vs company B wars/

People who advocate no mouse accel in wanblows have clearly never used a 4K display.

2/10

>this is bait because I can't counter it

Acceleation lets you while moving your hand only a little, to either move the cursor either a long distance or a short distance, and you control that by how fast you are moving the mouse, not how far. It is convenient. I have a mouse with some 6 dpi precision settings, and I still choose to remain on acceleration simply because you don't need to move your hand as much.

It's exact with acceleration when you have the same distance and same speed curve for the duration of movement.

>I don't understand how you think this gives you more control or precision

>no acelereation:
>pointer contolled by distance traveled

>acelereation
>pointer contolled by distance traveled
>pointer contolled by movement speed

Two schemes of control means more control than one scheme of control. I hope this helps you understand it, but I doubt it.

>this is an argument because I think so myself

You haven't refuted my argument that high density screens are unusable without maccel.

>inb4 just use 3200dpi
>inb4 bait

Attached: disp.jpg (5240x2160, 3.74M)

This and then I spam shift so I can disable the sticky keys or whatever it is.

It's the fucking opposite of enhanced precision.

It's like a car with delayed turbo boost, fucks up throttle response.

You can easily recognize a non-accel user from their characteristic 'mouse hitting the desk' sounds.

ok except the way it implements it means you have to be more precise the quicker you move your mouse and controlling your speed is a stupid fucking way to control your sensitivity
fuck off retard

I can easily traverse 3840 pixels (2x FHD screen) without lifting my mouse once and have no problems with 1 pixel movements when they are needed.

Any form of acceleration ruins my muscle memory and requires conscious effort to perform quick, precise movements. There's also button on my mouse (Rival 300) to lower sensitivity for very few special cases.

Attached: scr.png (3840x1085, 178K)

>enhance pointer precision
makes pointer less accurate
>cleartype
makes typefaces blurry
>gameworks
makes games less stable and run slower

what is with computers and ironic feature naming

I use a Steelseries Kinzu premium replica (Dream Machines DM3 Mini) @1600dpi.

In competitive games I just use rawinput 1/maccel 0 and it takes me 5 seconds to get adjusted to no acceleration.

Also, 4K2K across 32" is very different UI-size-wise than 4K1K across 2 24" or 27" monitors.

I can't handle inconsistency, so using different settings for work and games definitely wouldn't work well. Have never used single 4k display though (not counting DSR), so you may be right on that one.

I'm glad you finally were able to understand that mouse acceleration means more control.

To address your concerns: no one said it was easier. In fact the very first poster to advocate for mouse acceleration in this thread said he had 10 years to work on it.

There is no need to be angry over something as small as other people having more control over their mouse pointer than you.

Fuck off Intel soiboi cuck NPC

>the very first poster to advocate for mouse acceleration in this thread said he had 10 years to work on it
he said that he's been using it for 10 years and it's hard to undo after being used to it, he clearly didn't know about it and choose it

And yet he likes it and we now established it gives more control over mouse pointer.

holy fuck you are fucking retarded
the shit only should be on when you're using a trackpad or have a small space in order to compensate
if it's so much better then how come every high level player in anything requiring good aim has it turned off?
using speed to adjust sensitivity is fucking stupid no matter how you look at it

Thank you for your opinion.

It's good to use when you have a touchpad but not so good with mouse.

>muh video games
Mouse acceleration confirmed for being Jow Forums approved. Turning it on right now to make all the /v/edditors seethe

For mouse? No.
Muscle memory >>>>>>>> acceleration, """""enhance"""""""""" precision or anything similar.

You will benefit from muscle memory in every application, that requires a lot of mouse control. Hell it will even increases your productivity with menial repetitive tasks.

>I deliberately cuck myself to "make all the /v/edditors seethe"

People like this are allowed to vote, ladies and gentlemen.

>implying he will ever leave his house
I'm pretty sure we are safe.

videogames are just the best example of needing speed and precision
it's better for everything else and well, it's just that you never need speed and precision when browsing Jow Forums or programming something

I'd literally refuse to use a computer with mouse acceleration enabled.

>this’ll show ‘em!

Attached: 16D93781-DF41-4063-9955-633DC375EFC5.jpg (275x325, 22K)

>NOOOOO STOP USING YOUR MOUSE THE WRONG WAY
>HOW ARE YOU GOING TO AWP PEOPLE ON COUNTER STRIKEEEEEE
>FUCKING SILVERS REEEEEEE
Cope, /v/eddit scum.

Attached: 1536678750409s.jpg (250x188, 6K)

>speed and precision
See
>People like this are allowed to vote, ladies and gentlemen.

Attached: 1524304766864.jpg (708x800, 64K)

So you are a textbook example of acoustic neet. This explains a lot.

>textbook example of acoustic neet
>spends hours configuring txts so he can be like the "pros" on twitch
>plays video games "competitively"
>calls anyone else a NEET
You will never be a pro.

Attached: hahaha_no.gif (300x222, 503K)

I do use it on the laptop with the red clit, that works really well for me

Not a fan of enhance pointer precision because it is just 4 different sensitivities rather than a smooth accel curve. I use povohat's "driver" tho with 0.06 accel for quake cs etc. It's pretty nice.

Top 300 ish in the more popular Kovaak's scenarios like long/short strafes. Used to be higher but fortnite got heaps of new (and apparently aim nerd) blood in.

Xorg has pretty nice mouse accel out of the box as default as well.

>spends hours configuring txts so he can be like the "pros" on twitch
>plays video games "competitively"
I fully agree with you on despising those two activities, but that's it.

You don't have enough memory to benefit from more than 64 bits. The lowest bits are rarely even necessary anyway because of alignment.

>crying wojak
>consolewar faggotry
>s.jpg
how can you post shit like this and call anyone "/v/eddit scum"? you have every indication of being one yourself
you actually fucking disgust me, I'm repulsed by your presence

>videogames don't require speed and precision

>how can you post shit like this and call anyone "/v/eddit scum"?
Because you're crying at other people for using sensible mouse settings just because not everyone plays "muh games".
Got the image off Google images btw, keep seething.

those settings are worse for everything, videogames are just the clearest example
>got the image off Google btw, that's why it has a Jow Forums filename
does it even fucking matter where you got it from? you're fucking repulsive, go back

>those settings are worse for everything
Nope.
>videogames are just the clearest example
Sure thing, /v/eddit
>does it even fucking matter where you got it from?
I don't know, does it? You were the one sperging over the file name weren't you?

It has been explained to your above that those settings allow for greater control and you couldn't find a counterargument except calling it worse for no reason.

Additionally, it allows you to use your mouse without even moving the hand - just the fingers.

I can barely tell the difference so I just leave it disabled

You'll never get the same speed curve for the 20cm movement, i guarantee you that

>It gives you more control, but it's hard
You need to define control at this point.

>You think that: Control = number of variations
more variations with 2 dimensions (distance+speed) gives you more control.
I'd like you to give me evidence for your claims

>I think that: Control = number of variations / relative hardness of learning
Variation means jack shit if you can't ever learn to exactly predict it, thus not utilizing the options
My theoretical argument is: because speed curves are always slightly different for every move. Humans aren't robots, same movements vary every time, no matter how many times you do them. Our brain can cruch numbers for accounting distance, but learning speedcurves for every possible relation on your mousepad, and for every mouse shape/mousepad/chair/desk setup is IMPOSSIBLE. I'd go as far to say that not a single movement in life is the same (accounting for acceleration, deceleration, duration and distance). Not a single walking step even, which you do all the time.
My empirical argument for this is a history of 10+ years using maccel, and after switching it off, having superior experience after a month or two.
I'd give you experimental evidence about movement inaccuracy, but i already picked my thesis in uni...

>couldn't figure out mouse accel after 10 years
my condolences

no
set the slider to 6/11
adjust dpi of your mouse instead