Just bought this system from a friend of mine for gaming. I mostly want to play Minecraft and The Sims lol...

Just bought this system from a friend of mine for gaming. I mostly want to play Minecraft and The Sims lol. plus a little Emulation and some video editing. Is this hardware any good?

Specs Cpu: AMD FX Gpu: MSI Radeon Rx 560 OC Edition 2gb Ram: Ddr3 8gb Ps: 400 watt evga Storage: 1tb western digital Like new Has brand new hard drive anx power supply

He also gave me GTX 1050 TI.

All that for $500.

Did i do good? Im not a hardware guy, so i have no clue for the most part.I want to know Jow Forumss thoughts.

Pic related is the machine I bought.

Attached: 65921164_2833940746621427_8778189691552792576_n.jpg (480x640, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/2jn4KB
youtu.be/1hKW2EjMT04?t=188
tweakguides.com/System.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's a side view/internals. Needs some cleaning up, but looks nice enough.

Attached: 66357340_2833937693288399_4461445305044303872_n.jpg (360x480, 23K)

2gb of ram? Would that even run virtual villagers

Nah, thats the GPU memory, not the ram. I wrote this very poorly.The ram is 8gb DDR 3

more than enough for the games you wanna play. video encoding will probably be slow compared to high end systems but thats about it

Should be fine, probably want to order 4-8gb more ram, other than that fine. Nothing really wrong with it for what you want to do

I only plan to play in 1080p. And most of the stuff i edit is upscaled to that. Im currently working on a 2015-is Acer office workstaion meant to run basic programs like Microsoft Office and at most Photoshop. So 15fps currently is a godsend lol

Glad to hear this will do.

Really appriciate the reassurance, most tech outlets try to lead me to believe that what im getting is a disgrace lol

I almost believed it until i heard one of them say something like "Chugging at 60fps" (I think it was Linus Tech Tips?) Then i realized they're full of shit.

Anyone know if this thing is able to stream? I know my internet is good enough, its just my PC limiting me atm lol

Why does everyone add "plus a little video editing"?

I see this shit everywhere. What videos are you editing?

Had no idea it was a common thing. By that i mean i do it as a hobby for youtube. so evey now and again ill make a video and need to make some small edits. Nothing heavy.

if your going to play minecraft then use the gtx 1050ti because of its open gl drivers. the rx 560 will run shaders like shit (rx560 owner).

I would have taken that $500 and invested it towards building a new PC instead of buying decade old jank. Fuck off.

Could of got a APU and a similar case with that a better form factor for the same price or less.
No worries user either return it or enjoy it but at the end of the day you're better than a console fag.

Also desu you would pay a good fee to have someone build it for you so no worries just wait 3-5 years and study to build your own machine.

you could have gotten something much better for just a little more but since you already bought it it's an okay deal, especially if you don't care about AAA shit
some good debloating and tweaking will make it run nice, and you can just upgrade it. best upgrade would probably be $45 for an SSD
you should wipe the drives after backing everything up and do a fresh install, are you going to be using win7 or win10?

>not recovering the hard drives and blackmailing him to get the 500 back
step up your game son

He can also upgrade and get the 3200g for cheap and enjoy better performance with that alone yes?

he said friend and I wouldn't do that to a friend but sure
if I were to upgrade the cpu for this I'd go with a 2600 but maybe I'm wrong

well the apu also has integrated graphics which do pretty well from what I saw.

See what fits into your budget but most importantly get more RAM

I'm not a huge hardware expert, or at least I haven't been following what's been released until just recently, in fact I know more about software due to having old hardware and making it run things more demanding than it should be able to for a while
I do want to help OP optimize and tweak his stuff to get the most out of it since what he bought is mostly fine
not sure but he might also want to get a better power supply though, at $500 it's a good amount of performance, the problem is that in the future if he needs to upgrade that's when it becomes a bad deal since pretty much most things will need to be upgraded

Not going to lie, user. You probably could have built a system 2x faster for the same price. Still, not a bad buy, considering the 1050ti's included.
pcpartpicker.com/list/2jn4KB

It'll run what you want but that a lot of cash for that system...I would have gone 300 max

16 is barely enough now, you have 8. My fucking phone has 8.

I know right
Most of the “video and photo editing” the average person claims they need to do on their thousand dollar pc can be easily done on their phone

you couldn't get those parts that cheap, plus he threw in a 1050 Ti
while I think OP should have just went with a $600 build like this youtu.be/1hKW2EjMT04?t=188

OP here, havent kept up since i figured it would be dead by now lol. Here to answer a few things

Technically i dont have the machine yet, The pics are from the listing, im meeting up with him next week to make the transaction.Bargaining is an option, in fact i was going to try to get him to go $450 if i can. Only reason i wont go lower is bc He's already agreed to come 0 minutes all the way to me, and hold the PC for me until i get paid next week.

The reason i opted to buy a system rather than build one is due to my extreme bad luck in the past doing such things.

If you would like to assist me in getting this thing optimized, i could give you a contact email.

I was told 8 was servicable . Is it not? Keep into account that i am not going to be doing some huge renders or memory intensive stuff for the most part.

8's alright. You definitely wouldn't want to go lower though.

Im going to be running Win10 just bc Ive become accustomed to it.

Decade old jank? I dont think this is very janky at all. You wouldn't either if you saw my current shitbox.

Okay, cool. Thanks

Also, I'd still like to know if i could hypothetically stream/record games through this machine. If anyone could let me know, that'd be cool.

>If you would like to assist me in getting this thing optimized, i could give you a contact email.
>Im going to be running Win10 just bc Ive become accustomed to it.
well my expertise in more in win7 since I've learned to debloat it all the way down to 400MB and used old hardware for like a decade
you would of had to do a bunch of bullshit anyways thanks to microsoft attempting to block newer proccessors, so if you're used to win10, go ahead. I'd say just go for win10 LTSC and ask /fwt/ how to debloat it, as well as use openshell to fix the start menu, I don't have much experience with debloating win10 since it's hell
this website might help you understand tweaking a bit better and there's probably a few guides that you will be able to apply to your new PC
tweakguides.com/System.html

and remember to use optifine for minecraft since it allows 2008 hardware to run it at like 60fps

I'm aware of optifine. Someone above mentioned i should use the 1050 TI instead of the Radeon RX 560, does that hold up? If so, will i be able to do shaders on MC without much trouble.

CPU is generations old.
Ripped off.

GPU would be nice if it wasn't limited to 2GB WTF!??

Get a 8GB GPU.
PSU is low spec.
Also 8GB ram isn't bad but not having 16GB when you paid $500 is fucked.

You got ripped off bad since it's not even a fuggin zen build.

some friend that's like 350 worth of parts tops

Do you have some listings or parts lists that could back this up? might be able to get them to drop it to $400 if they see actual lists.

Also, Im buying this as a start this is a large jump forward for me and i can always upgrade later, right?

yeah the 1050 Ti is a lot better
I've never done shaders so I don't know but it depends on which ones you choose anyways, you should definitely be able to get some good shaders though, I just don't know anything about them

to add to this you should probably get exact specs
tell him to install HWInfo or Speccy and screenshot the summary should suffice so you know the memory speed and a lot of other things

It's trash. Just take that shit and sell it off to some sucker for 600 instead

It has to be a bait but if not your "friend" has either cheated you or is ignorant himself (not very likely given it seems he was buying a new PC recently).

It's a jump forward only if you didn't have anything before, also no, there's no upgrade path for this thing, you can add a bit more RAM I guess but any other upgrade will be bottlenecked by the CPU which you won't be able to satisfactorily upgrade (or at all depending what model it is).

As for parts list, it's just a piece of shit full of old junk, you can try looking them up at ebay or similar. Only the GPUs are fairly modern but not particularly good or powerful either.

>Only the GPUs are fairly modern but not particularly good or powerful either.
And they are probably what inflated the price, even if they are not worth it compared to higher tier older used GPUs

Why didn't you just buy a console for less?

Not a great deal, OP.

Here is a quick and dirty estimation of the value of the parts:

CPU/MOBO/RAM - $80/$120
Case/PSU - $30/$80
RX560 - ~$70 value
1050ti - ~$110 value
HDD ~$10/$20 value

On the low end of these estimations, all of this is worth about $300

On the high end of these estimations, all of this is worth about $400

You can build a better system using used parts for that price.

Also: what good is 2 GPUs (not in SLI or Crossfire)? Better to spend that money on a single component, now you have 2 GPUs and have to sell one or use the other in another machine.

Given how he's cheaping out, he's probably just a filthy pirate who's going to steal his games. Not so easy on consoles.

I'm sure for 500$ you could've put together some basic Zen APU system (mixing some new and used parts) which would work fine for mentioned games and you'd have a real, proper upgrade path for the future. You've bought a PC that has already ran into the wall upgrade-wise.

My computer is exactly like that. I got it for $100 last summer.
FX 6300, RX 560 4gb...

Huh! High five FX 6300 brotherhood. Running an old FX 6300 myself, it's a piece of shit but boy it was a nice bang for buck still.

Okay, i think im just going to cancel the deal and find another prebuilt online. Clearly im being japed, and am now getting cold feet. I'll text the dude and tell him im no longer interested. Anyone have any recommendations, particularly through amazon?

Your friends a bastard
I sold my friend a fx6300/950/8gb ram for $100

No, forget prebuilts. Nothing good will come out of it. Go to /pcbg/

So I've found a local seller. I want to get you guys to weigh in on his.

Specs:
Dell Optiplex 9010
I5-3550 Processor
16GB Ram
1tb HDD
and it has a 1050 TI in it.
No mention of a power supply

all for $375

Should i go for that instead?

Messaged the seller, but it s 3am so i doubt I'll get a response any time soon desu. I could let you guys know. I hope its still available

It is in fact a much better deal but it also will be non-upgradeable due to mobo and psu limitations.

But will it still be able to perform the tasks as listed above decently? and continue to for a few years? I can always replace the machine later if need be. I just need something above toaster tier.

Was going to recommend an i5/i7 optiplex pre build with an used, small form Factor 1050 ti or 570 thrown in.
With an extra SSD it should cost you 300 at max
Way better Deal. Try to talk him down a bit

I think im going to try to get him to go to 350, but im a shit negotiator.

Does anyone have an answer for this. I know financially its a better decision, but can someone let me know if its better or atleast on par with the other machine in the original post?

And agan, could i stream or record on the second deal?

Update: Turns out the dude was either already up this late too, or just super desperate to sell the machine bc he responded right away. It still has the stock power supply a nd mobo, different ram, and obviously the 1050 TI lol.

Dude seems really chill, and super easy to talk down into the low $300 range. Convinced him to do a drop off on the 1st so i dont even have to leave my home. Things are looking up since the start of this thread boys.

Yes, 16gb and the processor are good enough to last for quite a while. You can always exchange the gpu for a newer Gen low wattage Modell (which wont even need an external Power Connection) down the Line. No Problem for 1080p/high

>50€ for the cpu, 70 tops
>mb doesn't look too special, but let's go with 70
>30€ for 8gb new
>around 100 for a 560
>40€ on psu
>case looks like a phanteks 350, ok 60-70

He ripped you off hard mate

Will the it be overclockable though? and would i even be able to get any performance extra for the trouble?

Go with this one the rams good, cpu is good and gpu is good. Nothing great but I run the same sorta spec but brought new last year and it's fine. The gpu can run anything on mid-high. ram is the optimal amount.

Also yes you can steam on this system. The other one is kinda Shit

Video editing people talk about is probably making fake psyop videos for things like fake animals and outer space nonsense.
They're paid shills that create articles and videos to trick people.
Also shills that record videos in their car talking about nonsense.

the case and 1050ti are ok. other than that, bad deal.

You got robbed. The laptop I bought refurbed at microcenter for $450 is more powerful than that turd. Whoever you bought it from isn’t your friend.

are you a legit schizo or just pretending?

8GB is fine if you don't plan to have 40 Jow Forums tabs open while jerking it to Minecraft pixels at the same time

Attached: 1561224805330.jpg (600x1800, 135K)

Probably latent schizo but manifested when Jow Forums posts consumed him

Throw a SSD in that and you are GTG, it is gonna be running at the high end of the power/heat envelope so make sure the case has room to breath.

are you fucking retarded?
dont listen to hes a retard. 8gb is enough for what you plan to do. i suggest getting a 120gb ssd and putting your operating system in it for a generally speaking "snappier experience". cheap 120gb ssds go for around 20 dollars each

Would have solved yourself a headache if you stopped buying old and outdated computer parts.

What universe are you living in? 1 gb is more than enough for normal deskop use and light gaymen like minecraft. I bought 4 gb because it was cheap but my system uses little less than 90 mb on idle, so it was overkill.

>from a friend
Sry buddy, I'm now 100% serious, no meme.
You got totally scammed.
The PC is if you got mega lucky 300$ worth but only if you get mega lucky.
CPU trash, gpu trash, ram its kinda fine... Kinda, Psu kinda fine...
You can buy a ryzen 2400g, mobo and 16 ram for 300$ and it's better that the current system. Bonus it's future proof with Am4 socket.

Worst friend ever. Sry.

The guy with the Dell optiplex sent me a pic of benchmarks, is this good for this machine?

Attached: received_2367776086824092.jpg (4032x3024, 928K)

I am 100% certain you're mixing up ram and vram or straight up lying. 1gb was enough back in XP days. If he's running Windows, there's no way in hell he'd idle at 90mb. Or even 900.

That’s fine m8, don’t expect to play anything beyond 1080p/60fps. Recent games might chug a little. Maybe get a 500w psu and more ram.

whats the price

It's barely worth $250, your friend gave you a really bad deal.

Good plan. Forget prebuilts. Use logicalincrements.com to build $500 of computer. Entry or modest are both better than the thing you were being sold.
I'd recommend going up a few tiers though - $700 buys you something nice.

minecraft and the sims is fine, but that machine isn't worth $500
also, the case is probably the most valuable component, honestly
nice looking case, but the hardware is a very resounding 'meh'

Listed in an earlier reply

Should i just make a seperate thread for the Optiplex rig? people keep backtracking to remind me I've nearly been duped. Btw, I need to say that I told my friend that "Someone just offered me a better system for $375, so unless you can drop to atleast $300, Im afraid I'll have to go with the other offer"

if you think you can handle assembling a computer (not as hard as you think, modern components are seriously just plug and play), then do that, not only will you get more for your money, you can also pick exactly what you personally need, and you will get only standard components which can all be replaced and upgraded easily

I really wouldnt feel comfortable doing that without someone experienced guiding me. I just dnt trust myself not to break something.

you don't know anyone who has done this?

>Running Windows

There's your problem

Side note: I never realized how open this comunity was to helping me out. You guys just saved me money on an awful deal of a PC. Plus you guys have been great at answering my dumbass questions lol. Hope i can continue to count on you all for my dumb tech questions.so thank you all greatly for this help

My fucking 75 year old grandfather built his PC with a custom loop cooling system. I guarantee you can snap a few parts together. Literally find a recent build guide on YouTube and just buy whatever parts they used. That way you can follow along with the same components

Nope, my friend paid to have someone else build his. He says he cant help me on that front, and when prompted just asks me to buy his old pc.

That would be a good idea.

The guy just wants to play the Sims and do a little video editing, obviously isn't very versed in tech, why would he run anything other than Windows?

i think you're just assuming you can't do it, or that the parts seem far to sensitive for a layman to so much as touch
watch some videos of people assembling computers, there's really not much to it
nothing can be plugged in the wrong place or the wrong way around, most sensitive parts are covered, things are standardized in such a way that if it physically fits, it's 99.999% going to work, there's nothing like setting mobo jumpers or entering CHS values like you used to do back in the day, things literally just werk
you have to be /trying/ to fuck this up
the only thing you need to know ahead of time is: don't make any assumptions. look up every step, most components come with instructions on how to install them, read them, and you'll be fire.

underage b&

i think this entire build without the 1050 ti would cost around 150-200 dollars used, the 1050 ti goes for around 150usd in usa afaik. try negotating down to 325-340 usd maybe?
cpu is totally fine for what you want to do.
you could record on the second deal no problem, but streaming and gaming might a bit if an issue. what stream quality do you want to go for? 720p 30fps at 1k bitrate is doable without a performance hiccup on that system, but anything above that might be abit of a problem. idk waht the processor is exactly in the first deal
shame i kinda wasted my time typing this out, kek
>op is a retard at hardware and computers
>"d-dont use w-windows!"
fuck off, autismo

>fuck off, autismo
Work on your reading comprehension faggot, I am saying he should run Windows

You were not too late. I still havent even brought up the price to him, i can always try to get him lower. Probably atleast to$350. I dont want to ask too much bc he's already agreed to hold it for like a week, and come all the way to me

This is really my problem. you nailed the whole mental state im in about buying a pc, plus id have to buy windows that way on top of the parts costs.

>plus id have to buy windows that way on top of the parts costs.
you honestly believe anybody here paid for windows?