Raptor X 150GB HDD

What is your opinion on the Raptor X 150 gigabyte hard drive?

Attached: top.jpg (512x371, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seagate.com/as/en/news/news-archive/seagate-delivers-industry-first-enterprise-ready-exos-16tb-hard-drive-and-raises-the-bar-with-ironwolf-16tb-for-nas-pr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like the transparency

They are great. I've got a 36 gig 1st gen raptor that still works, and a 150 and 300 gig raptor as well but I have since retired them all and just use ssds instead.
They used to be the patricians choice of hard drive

These used to be the pre-SSDs. SSDs made them obsolete.

Designing a hard drive with a window is not as easy as you might think.

>blade spins up to 15K
>flies off and slices off your head

Weren't these quite noisy and resonating too?

1) noisy af
2) obsoleted by SSDs
3) if you're offered to buy one don't, it's probably worn out after a decade or more of use.

If you dont enjoy the sound of a raptor churning through data you are a literal zoomer who needs to gtfo

I think it's a kickass product.

Attached: 3GM.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Aren't those overclocked notebook harddisks?

No thats their successors the Velociraptor series. They're 2.5" disks but 15mm thick.

>no new videos for two years
I miss Rodney. He was the chilled Jow Forums dude.

I run one in my G5, it’s pretty nice.
Maybe if you’re some kind of fragile snowflake, I haven’t noticeably heard a hard drive since like 2002.

UNFORTUNATELY
THE MOTHERBOARD TRY
IS NOT
REMOVABLE

Attached: XDl0MFn9.jpg (512x512, 21K)

>spins up to 15k
>files fly away
t-thanks Raptor

>Window
Now that's gangster

Attached: 1381816595260.jpg (680x510, 82K)

Didn't really care for these (although I had more modest WD black at one time). Absolutely obsolete now with SSD.

Under rated

i took some apart for the magnets the other month

the raptors have the strongest magnets out of them all, that's all these old drives are good for

unless you want 150gb of cold storage

Attached: 1562510770665.jpg (1200x798, 88K)

Raptor drives are outdated and irrelevant, SSD is faster and higher capacity these days and 7200RPM drives have 16TB of storage for massive capacity

seagate.com/as/en/news/news-archive/seagate-delivers-industry-first-enterprise-ready-exos-16tb-hard-drive-and-raises-the-bar-with-ironwolf-16tb-for-nas-pr/

Loud.

I remember the dual raptor days but I didn't own any.

Attached: epmd_group.jpg (3864x2584, 639K)

why?
i got a dying drive once, removed the cover and made a new one with some transparent film thing and it worked as well as it would with the original cover.

They had a nice hum to them

Completely and utterly obsolete. Solid-state media made high RPM HDDs obsolete in every metric.

There's a reason why 10K and 15K SKUs are now entirely legacy inventory.